Quoted:
Quoted:
Reincarnation

as liberal-tarians

Better than the Repubocrats.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:16:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Serious question for atheists:

I'm not trolling, not trying to start an argument, not bashing your beliefs, looking for a genuine thoughtful answer.....

Do you ever hope your wrong?  I mean, if you truley believe this was all random chance and we turn into dirt when we die and there is no right/wrong ......have you ever looked at true suffering and true "evil" and think, "man, I hope this isn't it. I hope there is some type of Justice"

Because if this is all random chance there is no punishment for the truley evil men that are never caught.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:18:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm not trolling, not trying to start an argument, not bashing your beliefs, looking for a genuine thoughtful answer.....

Do you ever hope your wrong?  I mean, if you truley believe this was all random chance and we turn into dirt when we die and there is no right/wrong ......have you ever looked at true suffering and true "evil" and think, "man, I hope this isn't it. I hope there is some type of Justice"

Because if this is all random chance there is no punishment for the truley evil men that are never caught.
View Quote

Honest answer:

I think that mentality is a cop out for letting injustice prevail during our lifetimes. I accept that this is all we have and want to make the best of it and improve it as much as I can for those who come after.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:18:27 PM EDT
[#4]
If god so cared about humans, why did it take him 2000 years to go from being the god of abraham to the god of christians.
Did god not love those who had never heard his voice? So, why did it take so long?
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:18:37 PM EDT
[#5]
The accepted belief is that human have been an inhabitant on this earth anywhere from 100,000 to 250 million years. Even if we take the former--for 95,000+ yrs heaven looked on with indifference?

Really?
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:18:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Reincarnation
View Quote
That's what I believe

Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:19:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

When I didn't believe, my ideology was the world is what it is. No such thing as true hope.

Some people get lucky, others not so much. Evil wins in this world.

Look at all the world's conquerer over the centuries and show me one who was good to mankind.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:19:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The heavens declare the Glory of God.

Psalm 19:1

That means that even if they never heard the Gospel message, the very wonder of nature proclaims God's existence.

But what it really boils down to is that the Lord is a perfect Judge and whatever happens/ happened to those people will be right.
View Quote

This is the what I believe to be the correct answer and what is often taught. All men, in their hearts, are aware of God's presence and existence through a connection that is there from the start. Every man is, at some level, aware of the feeling that all is not right with the world - that no matter how good things might be for one particular person, there is something 'off' (the fact that man brought sin to Earth and we must now live with it, out of harmony with God). Many repress this feeling in their heart, mistakenly identify it for something else, or otherwise deny it. But it's the spark of a search for the answer as to "what's wrong with our world?" that leads all men to God.

However, for those of us who perish too young to be able to explore this feeling, I personally have no answer and would have to ask someone more knowledgeable than me. Perhaps that's the 'God judges you on what you know' part. Either way I have personally found the first part of what I have posted to be absolutely true and make complete sense.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:20:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
this crap belongs in the fairy tail fourm, {religion}
View Quote

too bad there is not a section called GENERAL DISCUSSION

Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:20:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This is the what I believe to be the correct answer and what is often taught. All men, in their hearts, are aware of God's presence and existence through a connection that is there from the start. Every man is, at some level, aware of the feeling that all is not right with the world - that no matter how good things might be for one particular person, there is something 'off' (the fact that man brought sin to Earth and we must now live with it, out of harmony with God). Many repress this feeling in their heart, mistakenly identify it for something else, or otherwise deny it. But it's the spark of a search for the answer as to "what's wrong with our world?" that leads all men to God.

However, for those of us who perish too young to be able to explore this feeling, I personally have no answer and would have to ask someone more knowledgeable than me. Perhaps that's the 'God judges you on what you know' part. Either way I have personally found the first part of what I have posted to be absolutely true and make complete sense.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That means that even if they never heard the Gospel message, the very wonder of nature proclaims God's existence.

But what it really boils down to is that the Lord is a perfect Judge and whatever happens/ happened to those people will be right.

Did vikings/various other ancient religions go to hell then for worshipping the wrong god?
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:22:32 PM EDT
[#11]
I believe that those truly seeking God will find him

Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:23:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
They spend an eternity suffering in hell, obviously.
View Quote

They went to hell, duh.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:23:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm going to snale mail this question to the pope and all the other religions leaders.

One of them has to have the answer.
View Quote

How about drop a few hours studying Revelations then get back to us.

The question you ask is answered all through the New Testiment.

"That is the great reversal. Those that were first, shall become last & those that were last, shall become first."

I point you the parable of the Man that went looking for workers for a a days work... Go ahead. Find it. Read it. Understand it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:24:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Their souls whither in agony in the Test Post Forum.
If there was only one person here who was willing to Moderate it.  Anyone....

Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:24:10 PM EDT
[#15]
It's only a conundrum if one puts God in a tiny little box. God is bigger than any religion, but that is just my opinion.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:25:18 PM EDT
[#16]
I dub thee the worst speller in GD.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:25:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If god so cared about humans, why did it take him 2000 years to go from being the god of abraham to the god of christians.
Did god not love those who had never heard his voice? So, why did it take so long?
View Quote

Why don't you read/study his letter to you those questions are answered in His word, it all part of His plan and stop relying on others to do your homework for you.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:25:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

There is no justice for truly evil people that convert to Christianity in all sincerity at the last moments.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:25:54 PM EDT
[#19]
God and the devil split them up evenly and fight them pokemon style.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:27:08 PM EDT
[#20]
I tend to believe that redeeming qualities are preserved.

I also tend to think of our souls as having many facets. Quantum Theorist speak of multiple realities .etc I think the soul goes through many different circumstances.

I might be worse than Hitler in one reality, i might die before ever knowing Jesus in another.

When I do die, rather than God fundamentally changing and preparing me for heaven and losing so much substance of who I am, I actually am combined with all the redeeming qualities I could have developed in all of these different circumstances and realities. God knows what it takes to pull us towards him or push us away.

If God is going to actively prepare and change me for heaven, why doesn't he do it now? How can I preserve my personality and attributes and still function in heaven? Wouldn't it be like God creating a completely new person and all that I was would essentially be lost?

This has always bothered me, and after some thought I begin to wonder if instead of losing aspects of myself what if I learn more about myself, By being combined with these experiences in multiple realities I would retain myself yet be prepared for heaven.

Science is leaning towards these other realities with particles that appear to come out of nowhere, anti-matter .etc So it is not impossible to think God is running a simulation where I was born and died without ever knowing him.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:29:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
This is why we lds do work for the dead, there is a lot of work to do.
29 Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead? (New Testament, 1 Corinthians, Chapter 15)
View Quote

This is an interesting passage.

In my study bible it says: "an unknown Christian practice."

Obviously Paul had no objection to the practice per sé.

I think Job may explain this as in the final verses God accepts Jobs' offering for his friends.

So those "In Christ" may have been able to make supplications & offerings of forgiveness for their loved ones.

An interesting concept, I see, stemming from the passage about children being considered "Holy" if one of the parents were a follower of Christ.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:30:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I tend to believe that redeeming qualities are preserved.

I also tend to think of our souls as having many facets. Quantum Theorist speak of multiple realities .etc I think the soul goes through many different circumstances.
I might be worse than Hitler in one reality, i might die before ever knowing Jesus in another.

When I do die, rather than God fundamentally changing and preparing me for heaven and losing so much substance of who I am, I actually am combined with all the redeeming qualities I could have developed in all of these different circumstances and realities. God knows what it takes to pull us towards him or push us away.

If God is going to actively prepare and change me for heaven, why doesn't he do it now? How can I preserve my personality and attributes and still function in heaven? Wouldn't it be like God creating a completely new person and all that I was would essentially be lost?
This has always bothered me, and after some thought I begin to wonder if instead of losing aspects of myself what if I learn more about myself, By being combined with these experiences in multiple realities I would retain myself yet be prepared for heaven.

Science is leaning towards these other realities with particles that appear to come out of nowhere, anti-matter .etc So it is not impossible to think God is running a simulation where I was born and died without ever knowing him.
View Quote

[takes a rip from the bong]

Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:31:29 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
In the bible it says God judges you by what you know.

Everyone else is just pulling crap out of their butts. Literally.

Grasping for straws. That's what the uneducated do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Dont quote me on this but i think they will burn.  

I have thought this same thing before, i dont really care because i am not a believer but if i were a believer i would think most things not spelled out in the bible fall under "no one knows but God".

Its an interesting thought discussion, unfortunately discussion usually doesnt happen in GD

Thanks assholes, now I'm going to hell because of Christians.

Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:32:23 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
There is no justice for truly evil people that convert to Christianity in all sincerity at the last moments.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Purgatory.    

Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:33:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Neantherthals and Denisovans are obviously fucked.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:37:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

And you can prove this?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They're simply dead and their loved ones mourn their loss in their own way... kinda like what happens when anyone dies, regardless of religion.

And you can prove this?

So they're not dead?
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:39:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your understanding of the knowledge of Judgement escapes you.

"For vengeance will be mine."

Those that do evil, which is all of us, "Shall be refined as if through Fire."

You see, God can not be in Union with sin. So, the sins we have sinned must be purged, more or less, so as to refine us into the beings will become. Think of it like silver in a crucible. If you have rejected Gods existence & the Savior that is Christ, then, well, you will have the fall-back of your Heart.

If you have the Christ your deeds, according to Faith, will be Judged. Faith is a Very encompassing word. To those that know & follow their Faith, they shall be saved.

But... "Many shall come to me saying "Master, Master" & I will respnd "Truly you do not know me.".

So even then there are those of us that will fall short, even in Christ. But that isn't truly having Christ, then, is it?

For those that have never had the opportunity to respond to the forgiveness that exists wihtin Christs' saccrifice, in the manner of judging the Heart shall they be Judged, as Christ deems, as the Judge of all.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:41:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have thought this same thing before, i dont really care because i am not a believer but if i were a believer i would think most things not spelled out in the bible fall under "no one knows but God".

Its an interesting thought discussion, unfortunately discussion usually doesnt happen in GD

And one of the end times prophecies is that it will happen when all mankind has heard the gospel.  In this day and  age, when even natives living deep in the rain forest have smart phones, we can't be far from that milestone.    

Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:42:55 PM EDT
[#29]
They died just like everyone else
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:43:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Ancient nuclear war when the old gods fought the new god caused an alarming amount of mutation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How am I supposed to know?

Don't know, I guess that answers in the same place a how Adam and Eve managed to populated the world with such genetic diversity.

Ancient nuclear war when the old gods fought the new god caused an alarming amount of mutation.

Did you know the oldest religion on earth is Hinduism and it has story's that speak of the gods wageing horrably destructive wars.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:51:18 PM EDT
[#31]

There are a number of thoughts and interpretations.  I believe that God is righteous. All those who died in ignorance will be given the opportunity to serve God and live by his standards.  Those who do, will gain life.  Those that don't will be cut off.    Follow me through this.

Romans 5:12
"That is why, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because they had all sinned."

This is the explanation of inherited sin.  

Romans 6:23
"For the wages sin pays is death, but the gift God gives is everlasting life by Christ Jesus our Lord"

Our death is our payment for sin.  Once paid, our slate with God is clean.  However, it's only through Christ that we have the opportunity for resurrection.  

Acts 24:15  
"And I have hope toward God, which hope these men also look forward to, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous"

John 5: 28, 29
"Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, and those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment.

Those who were condemned to death directly by God are not entitled to a resurrection as they've already received his direct judgment.  Adam and Eve are a good example.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:51:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not by what you know.

For Christians It is by your Deeds in Life according to Faith.

What you need to Grasp is that you are not beyond salvation. No matter how much you tell yourself you are, you aren't. No matter how anyone tells you that you are, you aren't.

God created you for a purpose. That purpose is, I gaurantee, not totally associated with your existence on this world & this time alone.

You have free will to look forward to the never ending of eternity, living on Gods love, sustained by his Magnificence.

Or you can choose cease to exist, forever. (The torment of the firey abyss of all eternity is stated to be for a select few of the final days of the End Times, Satan, the fallen angles, the Beast & the False Profit). Destruction is destruction.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:51:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:56:04 PM EDT
[#34]
a native throwing a coconut into a volcano praying for God to save them with a genuine heart will always be better off than someone surrounded by bibles and who never cracks one open to study them.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:57:19 PM EDT
[#35]
God will judge.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:58:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Their souls whither in agony in the Test Post Forum.

If there was only one person here who was willing to Moderate it.  Anyone....
View Quote

I'll be that man.... Lol

Posts like these make me know why God damns people to hell.

People suck.

Link Posted: 7/14/2015 10:03:08 PM EDT
[#37]
I subsidized their abortions by paying taxes... you probably did too OP...

Sorry.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 10:04:58 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

a native throwing a coconut into a volcano praying for God to save them with a genuine heart will always be better off than someone surrounded by bibles and who never cracks one open to study them.
View Quote
Both will be better than those who study them, then use that knowledge to control people.

Link Posted: 7/14/2015 10:07:06 PM EDT
[#39]
"for all have sinned and come short of the glory of god"...
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 10:09:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

I do hope I'm wrong, but I'm not going to blindly follow some fairy tale because some old dudes said so.  Nobody knows and those who claim to know the "truth" are full of it.  

The uni/multi-verse is far more complex than we can hope to understand for the foreseeable future, to claim otherwise is arrogant and ridiculous.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 10:17:00 PM EDT
[#41]
They get a pass like the Cave Men
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 10:17:02 PM EDT
[#42]
I believe all will have this knowledge and stand before God.  I also believe He is a loving God that wants us to be with him.  I think we will have the choice to accept him as Lord and savior.  I believe that hell is isolation from God with the knowledge of his existence, chosen by us.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 10:20:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I do hope I'm wrong, but I'm not going to blindly follow some fairy tale because some old dudes said so.  Nobody knows and those who claim to know the "truth" are full of it.  

The uni/multi-verse is far more complex than we can hope to understand for the foreseeable future, to claim otherwise is arrogant and ridiculous.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you Hope you are wrong, then Have Hope in Gods love.

You don't have to follow anyone but Christ. That is the big secret I want you to know. No Worldly leaders to follow "Call no one your leader." & "There is but one head & that is Christ."

It's not a fairy tail. It is Gods revelation of his purpose for us.

If you truly hope you are wrong then pick up a Bible. Read it with a repentant Heart for the wrongs you have done and seek God in earnest & he will accept you & love you for all of eternity.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 10:29:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

And you can prove this?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They're simply dead and their loved ones mourn their loss in their own way... kinda like what happens when anyone dies, regardless of religion.

And you can prove this?

No one can prove either argument. But we will debate the topic endlessly until we die and find out whats next.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 10:43:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

You don't have to follow anyone but Christ. That is the big secret I want you to know. No Worldly leaders to follow "Call no one your leader." & "There is but one head & that is Christ."

If you truly hope you are wrong then pick up a Bible. Read it with a repentant Heart for the wrongs you have done and seek God in earnest & he will accept you & love you for all of eternity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You see, that's my point.  You think I would just read the bible, have some revelation and convert.  That would be like you reading the quran and converting to Islam.  To me your book is no different than Moby Dick or the torah.  They are all the same and one is not better or more correct then the other.  They can't all be right, and the rational, logical conclusion is that none of them are.  It's all fiction.

Link Posted: 7/14/2015 11:13:49 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
View Quote

Romans 2 NKJV

12 For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law 13 (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified; 14 for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, 15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them) 16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.

Romans 3:23 NLT
23 For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard.

It could be noted, the people in question had not heard the Law.

Galatians 3:24

24 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

In context Gal 3:24-25

23 But before faith came, we were kept under guard by the law, kept for the faith which would afterward be revealed. 24 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 11:22:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Current Catholic teaching is that they would not be damned for not having been taught the path to salvation.  Good men and women would still be safe from hell.

My PERSONAL thought is:  No one has the slightest clue.  Judgement is up to the big guy.

Link Posted: 7/14/2015 11:31:02 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Current Catholic teaching is that they would not be damned for not having been taught the path to salvation.  Good men and women would still be safe from hell.

My PERSONAL thought is:  No one has the slightest clue.  Judgement is up to the big guy.

View Quote
my 'big guy' is Jesus, Judge of the living and the dead.

Link Posted: 7/14/2015 11:35:07 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm agnostic, quit trying to shove me in a box with the other heathens.  And I want to see these brass plates...
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 11:35:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Ah, you really are from Utah.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm going to snale mail this question to the pope and all the other religions leaders.

One of them has to have the answer.

I already answered it above your post.  You've not heard of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints?

Ah, you really are from Utah.  

Actually, I was born elsewhere, but the Western US was the stomping grounds of my fathers for the past 150 years.  Most of them came from Scandinavia, British Aisles, what we now call Germany, and Switzerland.  Quakers and Puritans who converted to the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Page / 91
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top