Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 16
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 10:56:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That Pope guy needs to worry less about global weather more about the killing of babies
View Quote

As a born and raised Roman Catholic, I endorse this
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 10:56:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If only you guys cared so much about the crotch fruit that are living and breathing today.

"Around the world, there are an estimated 153 million orphans who have lost one parent. There are 17,900,000 orphans who have lost both parents and are living in orphanages or on the streets and lack the care and attention required for healthy development. These children are at risk for disease, malnutrition, and death." Source: Childinfo (UNICEF, 2011)
View Quote

We can't take responsibility beyond our borders.  Borders are more than lines on maps.

Now, take that liberal mentality you're demonstrating and restrain your argument to the United States, and not the global population.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 10:57:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Black lives matter. Hands up, don't shoot. Take it down. Etc. Etc.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:01:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If only you guys cared so much about the crotch fruit that are living and breathing today.

"Around the world, there are an estimated 153 million orphans who have lost one parent. There are 17,900,000 orphans who have lost both parents and are living in orphanages or on the streets and lack the care and attention required for healthy development. These children are at risk for disease, malnutrition, and death." Source: Childinfo (UNICEF, 2011)
View Quote

I do. Some friends of ours returned from Africa last year from serving at an orphanage for some time there. We've supported that orphanage and others with donations.

Losing a baby changes a person and their priorities.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:02:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

We can't take responsibility beyond our borders.  Borders are more than lines on maps.

Now, take that liberal mentality you're demonstrating and restrain your argument to the United States, and not the global population.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't worry little hypocrite, there are plenty of kids in the US that need your help too.  At least half a million:

There are over 120,000 orphans in America, while another 400,000 children live without permanent families (HHS; AFCARS). - See more at: http://www.sos-usa.org/our-impact/childrens-statistics#sthash.Aun7WkPf.dpuf
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:06:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Remember those math problems in elementary school that had all sorts of superfluous information, intended to make you determine what elements were needed to solve the problem?  You didn't do well on those, did you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Closing in on 10 times the number of folks Hitler killed, and 15 times as many as were slaves during Civil War, have been systematically eliminated under the American flag since 1973, most of them African American.............We call it Pro-Choice.

Now, you may say "But it wasn't really life yet, they would have been born poor, they would have been disadvantaged."

Regardless if it was life or not when the pregnancies were stopped, they would have existed. They do not exist now. We as a nation have now unequivocally stated the world is better off without millions of poor African Americans. We are celebrating their nonexistence while complaining about a cloth. I personally would have rather a world with them, but I guess having feels about a flag flying in SC while we take our Prius to our college "Post-Confederate Feminism as it relates to Climate" class without the burden of a child is more important.

We eliminate people now not out hate, but so we can have easier lives. The washing machines, vacuum cleaner and dishwasher of genocide.

Hitler killed nearly 11million.  And that doesn't include those who died in battle.  Hard to make a point when you can't add.

Remember those math problems in elementary school that had all sorts of superfluous information, intended to make you determine what elements were needed to solve the problem?  You didn't do well on those, did you?

I did quite well, actually.  I was merely making the point that if you want your argument taken seriously, then perhaps small errors, such as simple math mistakes, should be avoided.  For instance, how do you take someone serious, when they say things like "thirty caliber clip" or "the shoulder thing that goes up"
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:08:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I did quite well, actually.  I was merely making the point that if you want your argument taken serious, then perhaps small errors, such as simple math mistakes, should be avoided.  For instance, how do you take someone serious, when they say things like "thirty caliber clip" or "the shoulder thing that goes up"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Closing in on 10 times the number of folks Hitler killed, and 15 times as many as were slaves during Civil War, have been systematically eliminated under the American flag since 1973, most of them African American.............We call it Pro-Choice.

Now, you may say "But it wasn't really life yet, they would have been born poor, they would have been disadvantaged."

Regardless if it was life or not when the pregnancies were stopped, they would have existed. They do not exist now. We as a nation have now unequivocally stated the world is better off without millions of poor African Americans. We are celebrating their nonexistence while complaining about a cloth. I personally would have rather a world with them, but I guess having feels about a flag flying in SC while we take our Prius to our college "Post-Confederate Feminism as it relates to Climate" class without the burden of a child is more important.

We eliminate people now not out hate, but so we can have easier lives. The washing machines, vacuum cleaner and dishwasher of genocide.

Hitler killed nearly 11million.  And that doesn't include those who died in battle.  Hard to make a point when you can't add.

I did quite well, actually.  I was merely making the point that if you want your argument taken serious, then perhaps small errors, such as simple math mistakes, should be avoided.  For instance, how do you take someone serious, when they say things like "thirty caliber clip" or "the shoulder thing that goes up"

seriously

Everyone ignore the above post, grammatical/spelling error; all other points are negated.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:10:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
At least that many miscarriages have occured, and I don't mourn them either.  They are just nature's abortion, after all.
View Quote

One is an accident, the other is murder.

It's the difference between me walking along a cliff edge and falling over the edge by myself, or walking along that same cliff edge and being pushed.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:12:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It's the difference between me walking along a cliff edge and falling over the edge by myself, or walking along that same cliff edge and being pushed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
At least that many miscarriages have occured, and I don't mourn them either.  They are just nature's abortion, after all.

Murder my ass.  That issue was decided by the USSC long ago.  You can be butthurt over it until you die, or accept the ruling, your choice.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:14:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Murder my ass.  That issue was decided by the USSC long ago.  You can be butthurt over it until you die, or accept the ruling, your choice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course it isn't murder, which is merely illegal killing.

this is a legal killing.  because the omnipotent supreme court can decide who is, and who is not, human and can even do so overriding the popular vote of the people.

interesting precedent for you to embrace.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:15:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Everyone ignore the above post, grammatical/spelling error; all other points are negated.
View Quote

Thanks for proving my point.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:16:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

this is a legal killing.  because the omnipotent supreme court can decide who is, and who is not, human and can even do so overriding the popular vote of the people.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Biology decided what is and is not a person. A little lump of tissue is not.  Fuck anti-choicers, of whom the most rabid are men.  You'll never have to worry about it so fuck off, let women decide for themselves.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:18:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Don't really care.  Most of those babies would have been born into shit families anyway and we'd just have even more FSA.  Also, having a kid is incredibly hard on a woman's body and if men had to go through even 1/5 of the effort you can bet that this wouldn't even be a debate.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:20:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Adoption???
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If a woman is smart enough to know she shouldn't bring a child into this world - I'm smart enough to agree with her

Adoption???

60 million of them?  that if all of them had been alive so far would be closer to 140 million now?

You think the FSA is bad now... add that to the numbers and gt back to me.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:20:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Biology decided what is and is not a person. A little lump of tissue is not.  Fuck anti-choicers, of whom the most rabid are men.  You'll never have to worry about it so fuck off, let women decide for themselves.
View Quote

So prove to me biologically that an unborn baby is not a human being.  Tell me when the "lump of tissue" becomes human.

If you cannot do that, you are openly advocating murder.  Murder is not a choice.  If the thing growing inside the woman is human, she has absolutely no right to murder it.

All human life is precious.  You cannot say that the murdered children probably would grow up to be FSA.  You do not know that, and furthermore, it is not for you to judge.

If murder of unborn babies is OK because they're probably going to be a drag on society, then it is perfectly OK to murder adults who are a drain on society.

Again, the ultimate question is, is an unborn baby human?  If you say no, prove it scientifically.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:20:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Abortion thread.

RustedAce thread.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/900/397/df9.gif
View Quote

All leave for mods has been cancelled. Site staff working overtime until this thing plays out.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:22:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

So prove to me biologically that an unborn baby is not a human being.  Tell me when the "lump of tissue" becomes human.

If you cannot do that, you are openly advocating murder.  Murder is not a choice.  If the thing growing inside the woman is human, she has absolutely no right to murder it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can wail and gnash your teeth all you want.  I'm not going to debate useless bullshit with you.  The law is the law, and I don't give a fuck what a bunch of religious zealots think is "murder".  Murder is legally defined, and abortion is not murder.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:22:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When that lump of tissue can survive on its own outside of the mother.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:23:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, that is not scientific or biological.  That is completely arbitrary.  Nothing about that defines a human being.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:24:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You can wail and gnash your teeth all you want.  I'm not going to debate useless bullshit with you.  The law is the law, and I don't give a fuck what a bunch of religious zealots think is "murder".  Murder is legally defined, and abortion is not murder.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, and the law was the law in Nazi Germany too.  Those deemed to be drags on society were murdered.  What we're doing is absolutely no different.

Law does not dictate what is right and wrong, it only dictates what the government says is right and wrong.

[Rev. Lovejoy]Once something's approved by the government it's no longer immoral![/Rev. Lovejoy]
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:24:58 AM EDT
[#21]
IMHO, when a woman has consensual sex with a man, she cedes a certain amount of control of her body to him and he to her.  Birth control should be a shared obligation.  If she lies and gets pregnant, the man can be forced to pay child support on a child he doesn't want.  Why doesn't he get a say in the choice to abort?

I had a friend who got his girlfriend pregnant and she got an abortion without even telling him she was pregnant until after it was over with.  It was devastating to him. He would have raised the child on his own.  He immediately packed his trash and moved out.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:25:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes it did, and from the second that little heartbeat started going, it was a person.

And the USSC is currently in the midst of handing down all kinds of ridiculous crap; just because they give it the ok doesn't somehow actually make it "ok"

For someone that it doesn't effect (I believe you're a man) you seem very angry about the whole issue.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:25:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Well, looks like we need to call Amazon, Ebay, and any other entity that sells/manufacturers/markets American Flags.....it's only fair and we don't want any hurt feels.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:25:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Don't worry little hypocrite, there are plenty of kids in the US that need your help too.  At least half a million:

There are over 120,000 orphans in America, while another 400,000 children live without permanent families (HHS; AFCARS). - See more at: http://www.sos-usa.org/our-impact/childrens-statistics#sthash.Aun7WkPf.dpuf
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hardly understand how you providing more relevant numbers (which is what I requested) makes me a hypocrite.

Of course there are orphans here, and foster kids.  Parents die.  Bad shit happens.  But it's far from the norm.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:26:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, all babies are lumps of tissue.

You ever seen a newborn able to survive on its own?
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:26:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Why stop at babies?  Let's kill infants and toddlers, too?  They can't live without someone to take care of them.

Or maybe the elderly and infirmed?  Or maybe anyone with mental disabilities?  I bet we could really save some money that way!

Ah, fuck it.  Let's do away with laws on murder.  After all, we're just following someone's moral code, and we all know that someone shouldn't be able to impose their morals on others.

Then, we can kill anyone.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:27:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

All human life is precious.  You cannot say that the murdered children probably would grow up to be FSA.  You do not know that, and furthermore, it is not for you to judge.

If murder of unborn babies is OK because they're probably going to be a drag on society, then it is perfectly OK to murder adults who are a drain on society.

Again, the ultimate question is, is an unborn baby human?  If you say no, prove it scientifically.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can. When it can be removed from inside and the mother and survive. Until that point its not a person its like a foot or leg.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:29:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yes it did, and from the second that little heartbeat started going, it was a person.

And the USSC is currently in the midst of handing down all kinds of ridiculous crap; just because they give it the ok doesn't somehow actually make it "ok"

For someone that it doesn't effect (I believe you're a man) you seem very angry about the whole issue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even a beating heart defining the moment of humanity is arbitrary.  What if I said that the moment the liver begins to function the baby's human?  The first time the baby can open its eyes?  What's the difference?

The only definable moment in a baby's development is when all of the genetics are there in one cell, and that's the moment of conception.  Everything else is just opinion.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:29:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I can. When it can be removed from inside and the mother and survive. Until that point its not a person its like a foot or leg.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know a guy that was on a ventilator and a feeding tube for a while, was he just a foot or a leg? Maybe just a mass of tissue?
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:30:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, until they're able to feed themselves...and I guess procur food for themselves, then not a human. Good to know.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:31:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I know a guy that was on a ventilator and a feeding tube for a while, was he just a foot or a leg? Maybe just a mass of tissue?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, viable for immediate brain-sucking.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:31:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

so the law is science.

again, you do embrace some interesting positions.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:31:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is purely opinion.  There is no biological or scientific basis for that whatsoever.  Even if that WERE the defining part of what makes a human, that point changes depending on the technology and support available.  A baby can't survive outside the womb alone even at a full 9 months, but with the best technology it can be as early as a few months.  With even better technology we may be able to bring a baby to full maturity from conception completely outside the womb.

Your argument falls apart easily.  You are arguing that a baby's humanity is defined by what is available outside the womb.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:34:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was some debate about how much there was left to suck.  All's wall that ends well though, he recovered and is pretty functional after loooooooots of therapy.  MVA's are a cruel mistress.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:35:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

This thread makes me want to kill babbies.
View Quote

Babbies deserve it.

Babies do not.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:38:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Actually, I agree that abortion is the murder of a potential human being.  It sucks and I feel bad about it, but having abortion legal is better than the alternative.  Who really wants 60 million babies born to terrible parents who don't want them anyway?  My personal belief on the issue is that any mother who'd get an abortion is unfit anyway and the baby is probably better off not being born into a life of suffering and abuse.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:39:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Closing in on 10 times the number of folks Hitler killed,
View Quote

Close to 10 times the number of Jews but It's only 3 to 4 times his total. Soviet POWs, Poles, Slavs, Gypsies, persons of color, homosexuals, Jehovahs Witnesses, Freemasons, disabled and mentally ill, the political left, and the Spanish Republicans.

The Jews were the largest single group but there were more non Jews killed than Jews in Hitlers death camps.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:40:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Close to 10 times the number of Jews but It's only 3 to 4 times his total. Soviet POWs, Poles, Slavs, Gypsies, persons of color, homosexuals, Jehovahs Witnesses, Freemasons, disabled and mentally ill, the political left, and the Spanish Republicans.

The Jews were the largest single group but there were more non Jews killed than Jews in Hitlers death camps.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Closing in on 10 times the number of folks Hitler killed,

not really. highest estimates were 5 million non-jews, and those are generally considered exaggerated.  and the death camps were almost entirely for "the jewish problem" the others were sent to simple concentration camps or work camps.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:41:08 AM EDT
[#39]
I am sufficiently dispassionate.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:42:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Fuck anti-choicers, of whom the most rabid are men.  You'll never have to worry about it so fuck off, let women decide for themselves.
View Quote

I see one extremely rabid person in this thread, and it isn't anyone taking a stance against baby murder.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:46:42 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Are you suggesting that if we are against the murder of children, we must be willing to pay for them?

First of all, that argument fails on its surface.  If I believe that people should be allowed to have guns, do I have to buy everyone a gun?

Secondly, you are making an incredibly broad generalization, as if all of the aborted children are monolithic.  No, they are each individuals, with their own God-given gifts and humanity.  You cannot lump them together.
View Quote

sure you can

just look in the garbage can at any abortion clinic

Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:46:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I see what you did there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Margaret Sanger, laughing, spreads her wings.

I see what you did there.

You totally read that in Ozzies voice, right?

Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:47:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Carry this watermelon shaped thing around for 9 months, completely fuck up your body, your ability to work, your hormones, then squeeze it out your vag and wreck that too.  Oh, then give it away to somebody else.  Sounds like a great deal, what woman wouldn't want to do it?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If a woman is smart enough to know she shouldn't bring a child into this world - I'm smart enough to agree with her

Adoption???

Carry this watermelon shaped thing around for 9 months, completely fuck up your body, your ability to work, your hormones, then squeeze it out your vag and wreck that too.  Oh, then give it away to somebody else.  Sounds like a great deal, what woman wouldn't want to do it?  

You're absolutely correct.  Murdering an unborn human being is a much better choice.  
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:48:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You're absolutely correct.  Murdering an unborn human being is a much better choice.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Adoption???

Get back to me when you're pregnant and have to make the decision for yourself.  
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:50:19 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Adoption???

What is the alternative?  Not enough people are willing to adopt.  Should we have massive .govt orphanages?
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:50:40 AM EDT
[#46]
It's clear that we need to ban the American flag, since so many have been murdered under it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:52:00 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea, I'm confused.

Chairborne is a long standing member and these comments seem curiously obtuse.

To make statements such as that is tacit agreement with all supreme court rulings - if "the law" is the ultimate judge and final say on all matters.

I'm not entirely sure that this whole thread it not just troll bait.

Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:54:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
and imagine what this country would be like with 60 million more people, especially since those people would predominantly been born into struggling families who did not want them.
View Quote

Not necessarily.  Many yuppies were DINK* and wanted to stay that way.

*Dual Income, No Kids in case you weren't around back then.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:54:48 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Adoption???

I know one that did.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:55:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Adoption???

And you're a man, right?

My more serious opinion; you probably know someone that had one, someone close to you, and that sucks, and I would think it's hard to deal with.

If I'm wrong; well, you're cussing at me anyway
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top