Satan
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 2:37:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Run-n-gun74.. thats my vote..

are you Familiar?
View Quote

Ha im getting called out by a fatmc nasty, well i live in arizona and you dont know me so stop being a whiny little girly man!
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 2:41:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 2:57:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Genghis Khan, and it isn't even close.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 4:48:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 4:53:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Stalin , pol pot , Hitler ? Who do you think is the worlds top bad guy? Personaly i think its the false prophet mohamad whos evil teachings are still read and loved by millions.
View Quote

Of course.  And the next runner up isn't even close.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 4:55:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Gavrilo Princip
View Quote

Inadvertently, but yeah.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 5:02:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Mongol Empire is long gone.
Mo's Empire is alive and dreaming of conquest.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 7:29:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hilter
Caligula
Ghengis Khan
Mohammed
Stalin
Napoleon
King George III

As much as I dislike Obama he does not honestly come close to any of these assholes .....
View Quote

I don't see how Napoleon and King George III belong on that list (especially the latter). And King George III was far more liberal than Obama; England under his rule makes today's U.S. seem like a tyranny.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 7:54:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Never seen the guy, do you have a picture?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stalin , pol pot , Hitler ? Who do you think is the worlds top bad guy? Personaly i think its the false prophet mohamad whos evil teachings are still read and loved by millions.

Never seen the guy, do you have a picture?

Link Posted: 5/5/2015 8:08:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Genghis Kahn.  The Mongols kill ~10% of the worlds population with a good majority of that being in China and the middle east.  If it wasn't for him we might be speaking Arabic or Chinese right now.
View Quote

That's what I was going to say.  His forces made it all the way to Hungary, Poland, and the Balkans.  Defeated them all and crossed the Danube.  Being of significant Hungarian ancestry there's a chance I have a little Mongol in my blood line
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 8:16:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That's what I was going to say.  His forces made it all the way to Hungary, Poland, and the Balkans.  Defeated them all and crossed the Danube.  Being of significant Hungarian ancestry there's a chance I have a little Mongol in my blood line
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Genghis Kahn.  The Mongols kill ~10% of the worlds population with a good majority of that being in China and the middle east.  If it wasn't for him we might be speaking Arabic or Chinese right now.

More people at least in today's society have heard of Hitler than Genghis Khan IMO. Genghis Khan killed a million people. Hitler had more on his kill streak.

Besides the thread ask about influential.

Think about this, when someone doesn't agree with your ideology and the arguments gets heated who's the first person that someone says your ideology is like.

Bet it isn't Genghis Khan.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 8:18:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Genghis Kahn
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 8:18:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Hilter
Caligula
Ghengis Khan
Mohammed
Stalin
Napoleon
King George III

As much as I dislike Obama he does not honestly come close to any of these assholes .....
View Quote

His legacy hasn't kicked in yet; give it a chance.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 8:50:38 PM EDT
[#16]
in terms of influential, Genghis Khan affected the world from Eastern Europe to Arabia to Korea to China to Siberia.  That's a huge swath of territory for the 13th century.  The Mongols destroyed the caliphate and left mountains of bodies, wiping out entire kingdoms.  

But World War I and II affected the entire world (except maybe south america) and shaped the lives of millions more people than the Mongols.  And we can trace World War I, World War II, the Cold War all back to the murder of Archduke Franz Ferdinand.

So, I'm changing my vote to Gavrilo Princip, the guy who shot the Archduke.  He's the most influential bad man of the 20th century, and probably of all time.

Mohammed is an interesting choice, though.....
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 8:57:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

False prophet you say?

Link Posted: 5/5/2015 8:58:20 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote
^^^ A ludicrously high percentage of the world population is related to this one man, I recall it being something like 1 in 200 men according to studies. Makes him pretty influential don't you think?

Link Posted: 5/5/2015 8:58:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Easily.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:01:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Karl Marx
View Quote

This is the correct answer.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:08:31 PM EDT
[#21]
the guy that invented "high fructose corn syrup"
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:15:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Karl Marx

Hard to disagree with this in the last 1000 years
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:12:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pretty sure the Khans raped, pillaged, and murdered enough to permanently alter a certain percentage of human genetics.  Dont remember where I heard it, but if thats true, Id have to go with them.  Everyone else had an influence, but when you legitimately fuck and kill enough to alter a species, you win.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:16:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

WTH did they do with the bodies? How numerous was the army who did it? (I'm honestly curious.)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ghengis Khan.

Between 1206 and his death in 1227, he conquered 12 million square miles of territory and killed nearly 40 million people.  No, that is not a typo.  40 milion.  He exterminated 1.6 million in a week when he conquered the Persian city of Herat.

WTH did they do with the bodies? How numerous was the army who did it? (I'm honestly curious.)

Did not know this.  Was in Herat my first deployment.  Probably would have made the area a little more significant had I know this.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:20:00 PM EDT
[#25]
John Wayne. That rascal could shoot !
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:23:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Cain. Dude committed the first murder and prevented another lineage.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:24:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Vin Diesel. Have you seen his movies? They're really awful.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:28:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look up how often people with the family name Khan hold some form of regional influence.  I know I worked with or against two of them in Afghanistan.  That is a name that will probably survive our nations existence.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:28:09 PM EDT
[#29]

this guy was a billionaire in the 80s. that's influence.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:28:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Jean Jacques Rousseau wouldn't be a bad choice.  Without the people who created the philosophical and ideological basis for the French Revolution, you'd have no Hitler, no Stalin, no Princip, no Mao, no Pol Pot, no Marx, no Obama, etc.  The effects of that revolution and its underlying ideas are still making huge waves to this day and throughout the entire world.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:28:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Vin Diesel. Have you seen his movies? They're really awful.
View Quote

Saving Private Ryan was alright.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:32:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

More people at least in today's society have heard of Hitler than Genghis Khan IMO. Genghis Khan killed a million people. Hitler had more on his kill streak.

Think about this, when someone doesn't agree with your ideology and the arguments gets heated who's the first person that someone says your ideology is like.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He killed 1.6 million in a week.  One week out of 21 years.  No one in history has that sort of track record.
Ctrl F Herat.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:35:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ghengis Khan.

Between 1206 and his death in 1227, he conquered 12 million square miles of territory and killed nearly 40 million people.  No, that is not a typo.  40 milion.  He exterminated 1.6 million in a week when he conquered the Persian city of Herat.

This  

what are some good books to read on this subject?
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:36:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Marx and Lenin

Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:37:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.  Not to mention his essence is the genesis of a significant percentage of mankind.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:40:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Hitler.....

Obama will just be known as one of; if not THE worst US Presidents.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:42:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Johnny Reno
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:46:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Karl Marx
View Quote

This, his idea killed more people than the plague
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:47:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Probably Hitler.  The collective guilt the West holds for the Nazi era has no doubt lead to the slow decline of Western Civilization.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 11:35:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Karl Marx

Speaking of the Plague, that was another legacy of the Khans.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 11:37:37 PM EDT
[#41]
1) Posting derogatory comments of a racial, religious, or sexual nature.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top