Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:40:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I only have two complaints with mine: capacity and trigger.  10 round capacity is just silly.  The trigger is sloppy and heavy.  If I could get a Tapco AK type trigger feel for the same price point and a 30 round stick mag--it would be a gun that it would be hard to compete with.

It feels heavy because of the weigh distribution and the finish makes the Romanians look like master craftsmen, but the damn thing is ridiculously accurate and reliable.  First time/women shooters also love shooting it because of it's size (I have the ATI stock on mine) and near-zero felt recoil.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:44:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If they made one that uses Beretta or Glock mags they would sell the shit out of them.
View Quote

Yep.

And maybe made the stock less hideous.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:45:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I like my 'Rat Patrol' edition 9mm

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:16:16 PM EDT
[#4]

It's all about the strippa's, baby! When I take my bubba'd SKS to the range, them strippa's shower to the ground like rain!

If you'll notice in the pic, there's a spring loaded trap door above the bolt, when that door is open you have access to the stripper guide on the top of the bolt carrier. Since I'm in California, I can't run a detachable standard capacity mag, so the OEM ten rounder is my only option.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:22:21 PM EDT
[#5]
My buddy has one. It was his "gateway drug" into gun ownership.

Not the prettiest gun, has an odd recoil to it and is not light.

But it is an inexpensive, solid, reliable firearm.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:32:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My buddy has one. It was his "gateway drug" into gun ownership.

Not the prettiest gun, has an odd recoil to it and is not light.

But it is an inexpensive, solid, reliable firearm.
View Quote

The weird recoil is from the blowback system and heavy bolt.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:44:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have had the older style 995 for 10years or so now.

It has been reliable and accurate and fun to shoot. It is a pain to strip down for cleaning, but that is not very often. It is limited by single stack mags, and a funky shaped stock that directs recoil into my cheek bones.
View Quote

ALL OF THIS.  Every word.

I refer to mine as my "Planet of the Apes" gun.  Look at that old movie and you will see why I do.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:13:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The cheek slap was terrible on the one I shot (9mm TS model) but it shot really well.
View Quote

hah, it really is bad
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:48:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Couple guys at work have them and love them.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top