Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 9:42:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Did you move to Nevada?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 9:45:41 AM EDT
[#2]
MSNBC should pay reparations to the American public for being retarded.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 9:57:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My late Dad thought it would be a great idea.
He reasoned that if we gave everyone of them 100k we would get it all back in less than a year because they would blow it on shoes,jewelry,cars,dope,and booze and other worthless shit.
Just do it and then we will be rid of the whining.
View Quote

Kinda like amnesty for illegals, right? You have to remember we're talking about government; they'll find a way to politicize it again ten years down the road, and we'll end up paying another generation of descendants. I can see it leading to cutting a check for each generation on their eighteenth birthday to compensate for the ongoing effects of slavery and racism.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 9:59:42 AM EDT
[#4]
My grandparents were Irish immigrants and faced discrimination when they came to the USA.  I be owed sum binjuhmins
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:03:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Kinda like amnesty for illegals, right? You have to remember we're talking about government; they'll find a way to politicize it again ten years down the road, and we'll end up paying another generation of descendants. I can see it leading to cutting a check for each generation on their eighteenth birthday to compensate for the ongoing effects of slavery and racism.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He reasoned that if we gave everyone of them 100k we would get it all back in less than a year because they would blow it on shoes,jewelry,cars,dope,and booze and other worthless shit.

I'm not so sure of that and here is why.
Thirty years from now this nations demographics will be made up of a huge number of people who immigrated from mostly third world countries and for the most part these folks have worked damn fucking hard to start a business and own a home and get their children educated.
They will tire of these foolish creatures and their ways and they won't have the bleeding hearts of white guilt liberals and will tell them to fuck off.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:12:22 AM EDT
[#6]
If they do it, I'm retiring early and buying a place in the woods somewhere.

No blacks in America today ever picked any cotton, other tan what is in the top of an aspirin bottle.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:15:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Everyone involved in that line of thought can lick my taint.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:36:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Makes sense to me.

Every living slave holder should pay every living slave a million bucks and we can call it good.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:17:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Reparations were already paid.  It was called the Civil War.  Sorry they missed it.  Perhaps if they picked up a book and read about it...
View Quote

Read? Ain't nobody got no time fo dat.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:26:00 AM EDT
[#10]
The only person who should get reparations is the person who actually claims she was a freed slave at one point in her life. She looks good for being like.....150 years old.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:42:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Not that I buy into any of this shit but I doubt most blacks could trace their family tree back to a slave in the US...

As far as reparations. The history of reparations in the US only consists of payments to direct victims...ie the interned Japanese (people who lost everything and were locked up for no reason by the US government).

As far as slaves, 500,000 americans died freeing them and the ones that were freed (and their descendants), being in America is the best thing that ever happened to them.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:44:53 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Does this also apply to the Irish or just the blacks?  If so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say...

They're racist.
View Quote
FPNI it's a black thing once again.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:56:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Give every one of them 100K, and many will be bankrupt within a year.  Then they'll whine that whites didn't educate them well enough to be able to hang on to their money.  A few years later, the whining will be that the parents blew their kids' money before they could benefit from it.  Whining is so ingrained in the ghetto culture that you'll never see an end to it.  In many instances, it has worked for them, so there's no reason for them to quit whining.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:59:50 AM EDT
[#14]
It is funny that they want reparations paid to the descendants of African slaves, while many of the power liberals and elites themselves are consumers of modern slavery and human trafficking, (Epstein's pleasure Island, Chinese slave labor making Iphones etc).
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:04:30 PM EDT
[#15]
I self identify, for reparations purposes, as a proud Black man.

Please send me my check, mmmkay?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:06:33 PM EDT
[#16]
I fully support reparations being given to all living ex slaves.   Paid by the slave owners.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:07:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I have a few questions about this.  Most blacks are not 100% black.  Most blacks in the USA are now, as a result of interbreeding, part white.

So how will reparations work if someone is 1/2 white and 1/2 black?  Will the white 1/2 owe the black 1/2 in which case it cancels out and this person pays nothing and gets nothing?

Does a white person that is 10% black get a 10% reductions in Reparations they have to pay?

And how exactly will we determine how "black" someone is?  Will everyone need to get their DNA tested?

Will blacks have to pay restitution to American Indiians?

And what about the slaves that got here the week before the Civil war ended that were only a slave for a week?  Do they still get full reparations?

And what about Northerners that had an ancestor that died fighting to free the slaves.  Do they get reparations too?

The questions are mind boggling.

http://djicelj.people.msnbc.com/_news/2015/03/19/31179745-the-case-for-reparations-the-atlantic
View Quote

I think blacks should pay reparations for all of the urban areas they have destroyed. How many cities were nice places untilbthe blacks took them over and turned them into the ghetto.  Pay up
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:12:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Historicaly..Muslims and rival African tribes did the lions-share of the 'enslaving' of blacks(and whites etc)...then peddeled their wares on the African coast to the folks filling the holds of slave ships.

Ain't like a bunch of Europeans and colonial Americans went to Africa to catch slaves..they just freighted them in. So I'm thinking any reparations need to come from Africa.

The other side of the argument is about the  slaves born/bred in America....our lovely democratic party is doing that right now..so they should take care of any currently owed US reparations...
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:17:01 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote
I think your Dad had a good point...

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:18:57 PM EDT
[#20]
You should have to prove that you're a slave to get it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:21:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Since I'm black from the waist down I get half, right??
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:23:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My grandparents were Irish immigrants and faced discrimination when they came to the USA.  I be owed sum binjuhmins
View Quote

the irish were valued less than slaves.  you could sell a slave
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:26:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Millions would die from drug overdoses.  Cadillac dealers make record profits.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:28:23 PM EDT
[#24]
MSNBC wants as many Republicans as possible saying that blacks don't deserve reparations.  There's an election coming up.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:30:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Someone should suggest if you ever received gov assistance your not getting reparations. or how about if you receive reparations your gov assistance is done.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:33:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Does this also apply to the Irish or just the blacks?  If so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say...

They're racist.
View Quote

what about those of us who came over on the mayflower as indentured servants? or had family members killed freeing the slaves? do I get paid?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:38:19 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

MSNBC wants as many Republicans as possible saying that blacks don't deserve reparations.  There's an election coming up.  

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:40:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:41:20 PM EDT
[#29]
What difference does it make?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:48:39 PM EDT
[#30]
how about reparations to the slave owners who lost valuable property when Lincoln signed the law?

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:49:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The only person who should get reparations is the person who actually claims she was a freed slave at one point in her life. She looks good for being like.....150 years old.

https://youtu.be/D5qR8w2LEtc
View Quote

The mindset of wanting so badly to be a victim just befuddles me.  In my field, I work with all types of people, and I live in a conservative area.  The only time in my life I have seen or heard someone say something even borderline "bigoted," if you even want to call it that, is an older middle eastern gentleman that refused to have a female therapist because he didn't believe in what he perceived to be taking orders from a woman.

The way people like Lee try to frame the current state of affairs is every other store our there has "no blacks allowed" signs, roving gangs of white people are going out and attacking minorities, the fact that so many sperm donors in the inner cities don't give a shit about their offspring is some kind of conspiracy, the fact that so many girls in the inner city are getting knocked up before they are old enough to vote is some kind of conspiracy, I could go on and on about the delusional state of the country that so many out there push as reality, and IMO so many WANT to believe.  As I said, the fact that so many people want to be a victim just blows my mind.

In reality, nobody cares.  If you are black, white, woman, man, nobody gives a shit as long as you aren't an asshole and you work hard.  Maybe it is just the fact that, as I stated, I am in a more conservative area that doesn't generally have people who are constantly trying to fuel the fires of racial tension, but without those people, there is not racial problem.  There is just people who get judged (and treated accordingly) based on everything but their skin color and gender.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:50:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Nothing COC compliant to say here .
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:52:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

And your point is what??
The people pushing this agenda vote straight ticket Dem and will never vote Republican ever.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:53:36 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

just rename the EBT card the Reparations Card for a year, then change the name back, mission accomplished
View Quote
Genius, the only change needed is after a year just turn the card off.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:54:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

And your point is what??
The people pushing this agenda vote straight ticket Dem and will never vote Republican ever.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And your point is what??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independent_%28voter%29
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:56:05 PM EDT
[#36]
I support reparations for any freed slave still alive.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:57:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Also confront the African tribal groups that sold/traded them into slavery   Also the Dutch and England for their part , fair is fair!
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:57:42 PM EDT
[#38]
If martians come down from space will they have to pay sales tax?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:01:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Wrong.  Slave ships were still coming to the U.S. right up to the beginning of the civil war and were mostly likely being brought in from the carribian in small numbers during the war.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clotilde_(slave_ship)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The import of slaves was outlawed long before the civil war.

Wrong.  Slave ships were still coming to the U.S. right up to the beginning of the civil war and were mostly likely being brought in from the carribian in small numbers during the war.

You are incorrect. The key word is "outlawed." Importation of slaves to the US was in fact outlawed well before the Civil War.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:17:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Can you imagine the subsequent

Quoted:
Quoted:
just rename the EBT card the Reparations Card for a year, then change the name back, mission accomplished
Genius, the only change needed is after a year just turn the card off.  

Do you think that would preempt the scheme of some foreign bunch waiting to hack in at the right moment and stew our goose?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:21:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Being enslaved was the best thing to ever happen to the Irish.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:22:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Any debt owed by America for the sins of slavery were paid with the lives of 620,000 of it's sons.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:23:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

On top of that, it means all racial preference programs are eliminated. No more bonus points before you have different colored skin. On top of that, we will borrow a term from the race bait days and examine government programs for 'disparate impact.' If your ethnic group is 12% of the population and collects 40% of the welfare, that will be fixed on the grounds of racial discrimination determined by disparate outcome.

Some of you will follow this through to other programs. You're right. If your ethnic group is 12% of the population and 40% of the prison population, we just can't have that. One million of you are just going to have to go back where you came from. The problem here is that some of this group will try to go to places like Venice, Florida, which is 98% white and has shall issue carry permits, stand your ground laws, and stacks and stacks of guns. If they don't like it there, they can also go to places like Boston, Hartford, New York, Camden, Baltimore, Oakland, and Los Angeles, where those racist, republican crackers aren't allowed to shoot back, and won't shoot back because they don't live there, anyway.

I'm confident that the people who live in these cities will welcome their new residents with open arms, perhaps singing songs of solidarity and even sharing a Kwanzaa pipe this winter. The new people can be confident that they can live their lives as they choose, without fear of bigotry and persecution. If they should choose to kill all their neighbors in a drive by shooting, they will not be harassed by evil, white police officers. That would be racist.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:24:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Liberals thrive on dividing people over race, gender, sexuality, etc.....

If there are no victims, who will be outraged enough for the "peoples party" to need to be  rescued with tax payer funded goodies? And without goodies and outrage, who will vote democrat?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:25:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
We been paying reparations since LBJ...enough...turn off the flow...
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:26:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

The Act Prohibiting Importation of Slaves of 1807 (2 Stat. 426, enacted March 2, 1807) is a United States federal law that stated that no new slaves were permitted to be imported into the United States. It took effect in 1808, the earliest date permitted by the United States Constitution.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The import of slaves was outlawed long before the civil war.

The Act Prohibiting Importation of Slaves of 1807 (2 Stat. 426, enacted March 2, 1807) is a United States federal law that stated that no new slaves were permitted to be imported into the United States. It took effect in 1808, the earliest date permitted by the United States Constitution.

Ha, he owned you like a... well you know.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:28:49 PM EDT
[#47]

I would be willing to vote for a measure to repatriate anyone that feels deserving.

The measure would buy them a one-way ticket to Africa. Once they got off the plane, they would turn in  their passport.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:32:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I would be willing to vote for a measure to repatriate anyone that feels deserving.

The measure would buy them a one-way ticket to Africa. Once they got off the plane, they would turn in  their passport.

View Quote

That works for me. My ancestors didn't cross the pond till 1928. So we missed the whole slave owning experience.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:35:54 PM EDT
[#49]
If the people receiving the benefits would submit to 24hrs worth of beating with baseball bats, angry dogs and tire irons I would be just fine with handing out reparations.

Want the money? sure, in exchange for your physical health.  You maggot.

That or force feed them bean burritos for a day straight with no permission to go to the bathroom.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:36:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

They're racist.
View Quote

This.     Nobody wants to talk about the Irish slaves, just the black ones.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top