Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2015 12:39:26 AM EDT

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:47:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Wasn't Sammy Davis, Jr. a shooter? And damned good with a pistol?

I think I recall reading that here not too long ago.

Those guys lived the life though.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:49:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:52:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wasn't Sammy Davis, Jr. a shooter? And damned good with a pistol?

I think I recall reading that here not too long ago.

Those guys lived the life though.
View Quote

He was a trick draw artist.  Not sure how accurate he was but definitely could do the fancy moves.  Clint Eastwood said he was faster than he was.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:55:56 AM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:08:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I have that whole show recorded, it is actually pretty rare. It wasn't ever broadcast, it was only shown by CC into I think 3 or 4 other venues for charity. Joey Bishop was supposed to be the MC but was out sick that night and Johnny Carson was called in last minute. The full recording has everybody doing a full set. It is one of my favorite shows.

Thank you for posting that clip.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:14:52 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I have that whole show recorded, it is actually pretty rare. It wasn't ever broadcast, it was only shown by CC into I think 3 or 4 other venues for charity. Joey Bishop was supposed to be the MC but was out sick that night and Johnny Carson was called in last minute. The full recording has everybody doing a full set. It is one of my favorite shows.

Thank you for posting that clip.
View Quote

I thought Carson did pretty good singing

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:40:23 AM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 4:51:03 AM EDT
[#8]
And didnt hate America

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 5:10:25 AM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 5:10:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 6:23:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Cool pic.

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:40:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Sammy was hipper than hip.
View Quote

Given all he could do and all he accomplished, probably the most talented performer ever. Movies, song, dance, westerns, comedy, TV, Variety shows, Vegas Acts.

There was nothing the guy couldn't do.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:49:55 AM EDT
[#13]
That was a good laugh to start off the morning ! Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 10:04:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Was listening to NPR (flame on) about 25 years ago and they were telling a story about the Rat Pack as one of them had recently written a book. Telling a story about Sammy driving to Vegas from LA on I-15 with I think Peter Lawford and Dean Martin. Anyway they get pulled over by CHP going about 100mph, Lawford is in the back seat as the patrolman approached the car , Eldorado with the top down and he is quite drunk, cp asks for ID with Lawford loudly asking about Sammy to the cop " do you know who he is?, do yo you know who he is?". Finally cop says to Lawford "yes sir, I know this is Mr. Davis and I know he was speeding". Lawford then yells,"this is Sammy Davis Jr. and he only has one eye, do you want him to watch the road or the speedometer?". I lol'd before I knew what lol meant.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top