Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 3/2/2015 6:44:43 PM EDT
http://m.kmov.com/article.html#!/63751/e244823588be5103246c4829c784c6bb

ST. LOUIS (AP) -- A St. Louis judge has tossed a gun possession charge after ruling that a convicted felon had the right to be armed under a newly enacted amendment to the state constriction. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that Judge Robert Dierker ruled Friday in the case of Raymond Robinson. The 55-year-old has a prior conviction on a felony charge of unlawful use of a weapon, for carrying a concealed weapon in 2003, and served time in prison. The Missouri amendment that passed last year declares the right to keep and bear arms "unalienable" and subjects laws restricting gun rights to "strict scrutiny."
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:45:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Wonder if that means the feds will take up the case?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:46:31 PM EDT
[#2]
It's a felony of CCW without a permit in Missouri?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:48:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Gonna have to disagree.............
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:48:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Common sense gun laws.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:49:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow.

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:51:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:52:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

My days of taking you seriously are coming to a middle............
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:53:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

It is in CA, though most gun arrests are downgraded to a misdemeanor automatically by the DA's.  Knives, on the other hand, are almost never downgraded. (This is per a conversation with a defense atty in ~1993, so could have changed, obviously.)
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:55:49 PM EDT
[#9]
IN.....
*edited*
I apologize it was in bad taste.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:56:32 PM EDT
[#10]
The libtards are trying to overturn the recent changes to gun laws in Missouri. Pretty sure this was done to have something to point to so they can say how wrong the new law is.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:59:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Wow, finally I've found a gif that even I wouldn't use, and I have pretty much no internal monologue telling me "that's a bad idea to post that, man, that's a reeeeeallly bad idea"

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:00:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
IN.....

View Quote

Those are fucking children.  What the hell.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:00:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
IN.....

Edit: good call
View Quote

Not very amusing.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:01:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:01:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Fine. Booo!!!

ETA: Re: the redacted GIF.  I have no problem with the legal decision.  You have satisfied your debt to society and deserve your full rights or you haven't and should still be in prison.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:02:05 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote
If a person is too dangerous to own a firearm he shouldn't be out in the world with my family.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:02:05 PM EDT
[#17]
once you pay your debt to society all rights should be restored. if the felon is so dangerous give them the maximum sentence so they are not on the street.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:02:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
IN.....
*edited*
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:02:41 PM EDT
[#19]
This thread is a clusterfuck from every direction.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:02:46 PM EDT
[#20]
If the feds do take it all they have to do is put their cover page on the state paperwork.  Should be easy.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:02:49 PM EDT
[#21]
I have no problem with the judges decision at all.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:03:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
IN.....
*edited*
View Quote

That is rather offensive, I suggest you remove that post.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:04:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Of course you do
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:04:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Good.

All rights restored or stay in prison/get executed
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:05:17 PM EDT
[#25]
I have zero problems with this.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:05:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:05:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
IN.....
*edited*
View Quote

Now that's disturbing
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:05:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I have no problem with the judges decision at all.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:06:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
IN.....
*edited*
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:07:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Depriving someone of the means the defend themselves and their family for the rest of their life is a pretty severe punishment.

If someone did something bad enough to warrant that as a punishment AFTER having served their time, then they probably should never be let out of jail.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:07:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The libtards are trying to overturn the recent changes to gun laws in Missouri. Pretty sure this was done to have something to point to so they can say how wrong the new law is.
View Quote

Yup! That's precisely what this is. The legislature has already come out against this.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:07:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
IN.....
View Quote

I remember being about four years old with my mother drilling it into my head to look both ways before crossing a road. They failed that big time.

I don't see why people are offended by the gif. It documents a mistake, and should be used as an example.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:10:32 PM EDT
[#33]

Me too.

Now, about that piece of shit known as the Lautenberg amendment...
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:12:26 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I have zero problems with this.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:13:46 PM EDT
[#35]
And never walk in the street between two parked cars

They got lucky

Quoted:

I remember being about four years old with my mother drilling it into my head to look both ways before crossing a road. They failed that big time.

I don't see why people are offended by the gif. It documents a mistake, and should be used as an example.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:14:02 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

once you pay your debt to society all rights should be restored. if the felon is so dangerous give them the maximum sentence so they are not on the street.
View Quote
This. Common sense. Otherwise, what is the purpose of time in jail?

If his gun rights are not restored after serving his penalty, then all the rights provided by the Bill of Rights should be revoked. And, because of the idiocy of that statement, you can see why his 2nd amendment rights should be restored as well. Otherwise we get into a right 1 > right 2 debacle.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:14:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
IN.....
*edited*

And your head from your ass as well. WTF were you thinking, or were you posting that?

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:16:09 PM EDT
[#38]
I know it sounds bad but I'm in the camp that anyone who is not incarcerated should be allowed to own a gun.  The problems will work themselves out.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:16:12 PM EDT
[#39]
"The Missouri amendment that passed last year declares the right to keep and bear arms "unalienable"

Hell yeah.

Rights are either "unalienable" or they are subject to the whims of government which, by definition, renders them privileges rather than rights.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:21:04 PM EDT
[#40]
NIce, go Missouri.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:21:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Wow, finally I've found a gif that even I wouldn't use, and I have pretty much no internal monologue telling me "that's a bad idea to post that, man, that's a reeeeeallly bad idea"

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The eyeglasses flying are pretty hilarious, though...
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:29:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:31:07 PM EDT
[#43]

Yep.

Anyone remember watching some of the old westerns where the guy got his gun back when he left prison?High Plains Drifter stands out,but many more were like that.

Losing your gun "rights" and ability to vote forever are bullshit.Fucking bullshit.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:31:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:31:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Sorry for the further off topic, but in regards to the gif it appears the driver is driving the wrong way on a one way street (as to the direction the parked cars on both sides of the street)
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:32:27 PM EDT
[#46]

A judge upholding his state's constitution?

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:34:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Yup! That's precisely what this is. The legislature has already come out against this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is my take as well. Was it you that's posted in the past how the esteemed city prosecutor doesnt really vigorously prosecute our St. Louis felons?

I remember it from one of our STL PD posters and I find that interesting in light of her 300 gun toting felons a year quote in the article.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:35:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

+1

It is not offensive. It should have it's own thread showcasing why it is important to look both ways before crossing a street. You would think that would just be something everyone knows by instinct, but clearly that gif shows that to not be the case.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

It is not offensive. It should have it's own thread showcasing why it is important to look both ways before crossing a street. You would think that would just be something everyone knows by instinct, but clearly that gif shows that to not be the case.

Done. Here is the link to keep from derailing this thread.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:02:16 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm of the opinion that if you've served your time and have repaid your debt to society, that all your rights should be magically returned to you upon release from custody just like they are magically taken away upon entering custody.  If you can't be trusted with your rights then you shouldn't have been released and if you shouldn't have been released then you should have been shot or hung before serving time. No sense in warehousing people who can't be a member of society.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:28:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

It is in CA, though most gun arrests are downgraded to a misdemeanor automatically by the DA's.  Knives, on the other hand, are almost never downgraded. (This is per a conversation with a defense atty in ~1993, so could have changed, obviously.)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

CCW without a permit was a misdemeanor in California. At some point they added enhancements which upgraded it to a felony if you are a documented gang member. Later they made it a wobbler based on registration status. Misdemeanor if the handgun is registered to you. Felony if the handgun is not registered to you. The good news is CCW is easier than ever to get.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top