Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 2:00:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe I'll get one to add to the collection of carriers I already don't use.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 2:00:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

For both?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In. Next question, where do I get an affordable but decent level III plate set?

DSG runs specials pretty often for their titanium rifle plate set. Front and back is $189 iirc

For both?

Yeah unless my memory is worse than I thought, which admittedly is possible

I remember getting a deal alert email and thinking holy shit that's a good price! Only reason I didn't buy a set is because I'm issued plates already
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 2:06:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I  just called the company and the person I talked to was surprised at the sudden rush of orders.  Most of the ones placed already will go out today or tomorrow at the latest if the info I was given does not change.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 2:10:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 2:12:55 PM EDT
[#5]
This is very tempting. Hmm...
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 2:15:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine took a week to ship. To be fair, I ordered Friday when this thread first posted, so there was the weekend in there. Shipped the following Friday and arrived Monday.

I'll post some pics and a short review this evening when I get home. For those wondering, I think it'll fit a large guy just fine. I'm 6' and 235 lbs and there's plenty of room to make it bigger.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 2:15:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Mine took a week to ship. To be fair, I ordered Friday when this thread first posted, so there was the weekend in there. Shipped the following Friday and arrived Monday.

I'll post some pics and a short review this evening when I get home. For those wondering, I think it'll fit a large guy just fine. I'm 6' and 235 lbs and there's plenty of room to make it bigger.
View Quote

How about a smaller guy? Anything you've found negative about it?
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 2:16:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Damnit. Bye Bye Money......
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 2:18:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 2:20:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

there are none of those on arfcom
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

there are none of those on arfcom

I know, right? What was I thinking! Haha. Had the same problem in the Army. Finding things to fit me was a pain in the ass. Hell in reception when they were locating PC's for me, all the women getting us uniforms nicknamed me peanut. They never forgot me until I left Benning. I'm trying to gain weight, I swear!
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 2:22:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
already have the ship confirmation on mine
View Quote

Same here.  I ordered this morning after seeing this thread and had a tracking number by lunch.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 2:23:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I  just called the company and the person I talked to was surprised at the sudden rush of orders.  Most of the ones placed already will go out today or tomorrow at the latest if the info I was given does not change.
View Quote

They havent met ARFCOM much have they?
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 2:26:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm surprised also.  They've been priced that low for months,  and it was even brought up here before.  Not sure why they're suddenly grabbing everyone's attention this time.  Is it because Denmark is about to go to war against Canada?
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 2:32:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, it can be adjusted smaller, but I don't know how much smaller. I don't have plates yet and this, being new, is kinda stiff. I've also never worn armor before so I have no basis for comparison with any other PC. I will say this: it appears to be very well made. I cant wait until I can afford to spring for plates.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 2:33:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Why not.  It's Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 2:34:58 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm shocked I didn't see the thread sooner.

I am on GD all damn day.

I'd have definitely ordered as soon as I saw it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 2:40:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks.  I am 6' and 190ish, so it should easily fit me.  

My wife DOESN'T thank you though.....
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 2:44:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She will if you have to go outside to negate home invaders and this protects you from a gunshot.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:07:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Anyone have a coupon code, pulling the trigger on 2 and hangers?
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:10:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Anyone have a coupon code, pulling the trigger on 2 and hangers?
View Quote

I tried several from retailmenot and none that I tried worked.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:10:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Thx
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:22:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Now I'm pissed, mine took a week to ship.

First world problems..
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:28:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Damn, nice to see this thread bumped.  Post up pics if you have received yours!

Back when I started this thread I shot an e-mail over to their cust. service dept. basically asking 3 questions:  

1) Are these plate carriers designed or manufactured by Shellback Tactical? That is, are they constructed to typical Shellback Tactical quality standards?

2) Is Defend-X in any way owned or operated by Shellback Tactical?

3) Are these discounted plate carriers covered by the same lifetime warranty offered on your Banshee carriers?

Hello,

The carriers are manufactured to the same quality specs as Shellback products.

Defend-X is not owned or operated by Shellback Tactical.

There is not a Lifetime Warranty on these.

Thank You,

Shellback Tactical
View Quote

Take it for what it's worth.  This is good deal.  I fent.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:57:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks OP, hadn't seen these carriers until today.  I ordered one.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:15:10 PM EDT
[#25]
I think that about 50 have sold since I first checked the website a few hours ago.   I think the inventory then was about 131 but I might be off on that number.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:27:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:30:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
it was 144 when i placed my order
View Quote

It was higher than that when I placed mine -- I believe around 146 or so.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:37:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Fent!   I'm a big guy but it will give me a goal: to fit more of my fat ass into the carrier. ..
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:54:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Fent!   I'm a big guy but it will give me a goal: to fit more of my fat ass into the carrier. ..
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:59:19 PM EDT
[#30]
In for two and they are down to the 70's on quantity now.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 5:26:35 PM EDT
[#31]
What the hell, in for one.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 5:29:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Now I just need a deal on plates.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 5:34:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Now I just need a deal on plates.  
View Quote

Yeah, me too.  I am not in a hurry though.  I figure that deals should be abundant come the new year.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 5:36:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
In for two and they are down to the 70's on quantity now.
View Quote

I advised them that AR15.com was the impetus for this surge in orders today.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 5:48:32 PM EDT
[#35]
hmmm
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 5:52:20 PM EDT
[#36]
It looks like a AR15.com post sold about 70 today...and once people get home from work it should exceed 100.

If that is not a advertising clue what is (beyond the beaucoup other sales surges from posts here).
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:23:00 PM EDT
[#37]
I ordered my at 10:30 AM MST.  They has about 100 left.

Just checked. Availability: 69 In Stock

ARFCOM Army strikes again.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:43:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Do we still need to fax a ccw  copy if we just order the carrier and not the plates?
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:14:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Hmmm...just saw that part...along with a notarized letter?
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:19:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Do we still need to fax a ccw  copy if we just order the carrier and not the plates?
View Quote

I ordered this morning and had a tracking number by lunch and I did not have to fax or send anything in.  So, I assume the answer to your question is no.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:20:39 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View Quote
+1

Carrier is not body armor...
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:44:17 PM EDT
[#42]
So here are the pics I said I'd post. iPhone photos really suck but you guys might be able to get an idea of how it fits. Again, I'm a total body armor newb. This is the first time I've ever worn a carrier so I have no idea how it compares to anything else. I'm sure it will feel different when it's loaded down with plates, mag carrier and other objects.

For reference, I'm 6' and 235lbs.

You can't see in these pics but there is a grab handle on the rear. The MOLLE section on the front is a panel backed entirely with Velcro: when lifted, the side panels attach and are adjusted via anther large section of Velcro. The rear panel attaches to the side panels with two stiff T shaped pieces that fit into the MOLLE tabs. The shoulder straps are generously padded and fully adjustable as well. A large Velcro panel wraps around the shoulder strap to keep the adjustment.

On the whole, I'd say the overall construction looks and feels every bit as good as my 5.11 Rush 24 backpack. Only time and use will tell if it is as durable as it seems. Truthfully I doubt I'll ever use it that hard but one never knows. I would never have bought this at $100+, but for $49 I'd say I got a very good deal. Perhaps I'll regret not buying two.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:20:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:26:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Well go me 2 on the way.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:32:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Only 54 left! You really can't beat an american made plate carrier for this price.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:57:25 PM EDT
[#46]
I fent.

At that price if I don't like it I'll probably be able to flip it once the sale is over and make out OK.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:23:39 PM EDT
[#47]
In for one. Been looking for a carrier for awhile

Eta 48 left
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:34:02 PM EDT
[#48]
You guys are killin me....  
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:40:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
You guys are killin me....  
View Quote

First all of the black friday bullshit, then Amazon, and now this?! Just wait for the Christmas sales to start.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:41:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
https://dsgarms.com/ktibaia0035

oddly the ar500 plates are actually about a pound lighter and better than 1/2 as much cost wise. <according to the posted specs>

the dsg are steel/titanium.
View Quote

Brand name, they aren't really titanium.
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top