Page / 5
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:37:30 PM EDT
[#1]

Sig Mosquito
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:39:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Worst gun?

Mossberg 590 DA1 20" 9rd

I like it because when I let someone shoot it,  everybody hands it back to me and says "Somthings wrong with it, it won't shoot".

Why?  Because unlike most shotguns that have a very short, quick and light trigger pull. This shotgun has a double action trigger that travels about a full 1 inch long and gets heavier through the pull. I have kept it for sentimental reasons. But the longer I keep it, the more I see the benefits of this trigger. The trigger is sort of like an extra safety, as it fools everyone. I doubt I will ever be able to sell it anyway.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:40:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Grendel 380
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:41:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I got it from my father in law who passed away back in May, it's not accurate at all but it functions

View Quote

Your father-in-law might have had the Ghey.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:00:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:07:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have 3 just like this in about the same shape. Might come in handy one day. I paid $15  for them.

http://picturearchive.gunauction.com/8289134322/9272547/acfd0df.jpg  
View Quote

I have one of these I bought new in 1967 for $9.95.  First "gun" I bought.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:08:32 PM EDT
[#7]
FIE/Arminius Arms HW38
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:09:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Raven Mp25 although it has never jammed once.
saving it for a gun buyback program.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:12:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Jennings 9
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:13:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Rock Island Armory m206. It's a sorta copy of a Colt Detective Special, some of it is actually upgraded to be closer to more modern Colt revolvers. The trigger guard is a weird mess and it (at least mine) won't fit holsters for a Colt detective special. I suspect they import the revolvers as 4" model and it was cut down here in the US.  

I e mailed with a photo but got no response from RIA.

It does shoot fine though. It's some kinda mystery alloy so I wouldn't run 1000 rounds of +p through it

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That crown is a master work.  What is it?

Rock Island Armory m206. It's a sorta copy of a Colt Detective Special, some of it is actually upgraded to be closer to more modern Colt revolvers. The trigger guard is a weird mess and it (at least mine) won't fit holsters for a Colt detective special. I suspect they import the revolvers as 4" model and it was cut down here in the US.  

I e mailed with a photo but got no response from RIA.

It does shoot fine though. It's some kinda mystery alloy so I wouldn't run 1000 rounds of +p through it

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I seem to remember you asking about buying one of those and the consensus was NO.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:15:29 PM EDT
[#11]
My lowest quality gun is probably my jericho 941. I don't really buy crappy guns and if i don't shoot something for a year it gets sold. So this is the next on my chopping block.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:16:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Vulcan .50 BMG
Only about 20 rds through it and then I started hearing about how bad/dangerous they are.  It's sat in a corner for the past couple-three years.  I'd sell it, but have qualms about how I'd feel if it kaboomed on a new owner.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:21:54 PM EDT
[#13]
I'll gladly take the crapy Japanese type 94 of your hands. Will $20 do it.

I have the same pistol op has. Sucks at best.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:24:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My 10/22.  Not that it is a bad gun, but I bought it used and it only had aftermarket mags that suck.  I've had a lot of ftf with this particular one.  Its the shitty plastic stock with a stainless barrel.  I bought it thinking I would restock it maybe rebarrel it, but it never happened.  I just find it uninteresting and not exciting enough to put money into.  I am thinking of selling it and buying a lever action 22.  
View Quote

I just bought the contest winner 50th anniversary model and though I like its features, I'm not too impressed.  I have some SR-25 mags (bought them in early '13).  With the one I took to the range this morning, in loading it (4) different times, I couldn't get it to run 25 rds. through it w/o a FTE/jam.  I'll probably post a range report in the Armory 10/22 section.  It worked fine with the 10 rd. mag.  Yes, I used (2) different types of ammo.  40 gr. Cu plated Win. Super-X and the 40 gr. Cu plated CCI Mini-mags.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:26:02 PM EDT
[#15]
RIA 1911 Tac. Couldn't reliably feed a mag a FMJs from Chip McCormick mags, Wilson mags, and the mag it came with. Jam. O. Matic.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:27:16 PM EDT
[#16]
1914 K98 that was used in both wars.  It's actually in nice shape too
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:36:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Stainless Ranch Rifle 100% reliable but wouldn't hold a 14" group at 50 yds . Ruger claimed it was ok
Ruger P85 - 100% reliable with a nasty trigger that keeps you from hitting most anything
Ruger Police carbine that was 100% but had about a 12lb trigger

These were all brand new factory guns - see a trend here?

Charter arms stainless bulldog 44 special. Trigger would hang up . two trips to the factory and it still had the problem

All of these were traded off except for the P85

I have a couple of Moisen Nagants that are poor examples in rough shape that were heavily abused but they are still way more accurate than the ranch rifle or the police carbine
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:37:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I don't mean condition.  I mean, POS.  As in left the factory as a POS.

I'm pretty sure I have you all beat.  I own one of these:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/78/Wikijenningsj22-1.jpg
View Quote

Mine has never let me down. For kicks I even shot a round of bullseye with it and did okay. My P-22 on the other hand was very finicky and roll pins kept working loose.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:04:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Probably my CZ-52.

I was warned, but I got one anyway
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:11:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Ive got some real pos gun on trade before, several hipoints, lorcins, RG, etc.

The shittiest decent gun ive owned was a Savage 17HM2. the best groups i could get was 4" at 25 yards

I tried many diffrent scopes, ammo, made sure everything was tight etc.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:12:17 PM EDT
[#21]
I've got a J22.  Never any issues with it when I was shooting it/carrying it.

But the most unreliable handgun I've ever owned is My M&P FS 9MM, followed by the M&P .357 SIG.  Failures to fire.  Keyholing bullets.  

Gave up on them and went to CZ's.  Very nice, reliable and accurate.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:34:37 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

mine works great also  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Browning Buckmark "Camp" edition.  Tried many types of ammo, likes none of them.  Isn't striking the primer hard enough.

Sounds like you have a lemon.  I have two buckmark campers and they have been flawless.  I have probably shot them more than any other gun I own (aside from maybe my 10/22.)
mine works great also  
I had the same issue with one I bought three years ago..

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:36:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Not sure I have a junk gun, all are in pretty good shape and function well.

In other news, I never knew the OP used to work as a pimp.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:37:42 PM EDT
[#24]
I bought a BCM "auto" bcg. It didn't even make my shit full auto.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:37:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Remington Viper 22lr
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:37:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I don't think I would have shot this even when it was new.
It did look pretty good on Sharon Stones' leg in "The quick and the dead"!

<a href="http://http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f241/yv4me/DSCN5894800x600_zps45698f99.jpg</a>][
View Quote

My Friend Knuckleduster. You would be shocked at what the going price is for one of these.
Collectors of "Hideout guns" will pay some serious coin for one in working condition.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:37:59 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I've got the Jimenez version if that. It actually isn't too bad. It functions well with the right ammo and its easy to hide. Claude Werner's done some fairly extensive testing with a few of them. The .22 is the only one of Jennings/Jimenez that is supposed to be even mostly reliable though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I've got the Jimenez version if that. It actually isn't too bad. It functions well with the right ammo and its easy to hide. Claude Werner's done some fairly extensive testing with a few of them. The .22 is the only one of Jennings/Jimenez that is supposed to be even mostly reliable though.

A few years ago I got to tour the "machine shop" here in Utah where Jimenez does their "finish" work.

Yeah, it was a low-budget as you would have expected....  

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:38:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Probably a toss-up between my S&W SW40VE and my Nagant M1895.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:38:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Kahr PM40, I never touch the thing.

Works fine though, I just prefer the PM9.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:40:28 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I got it from my father in law who passed away back in May, it's not accurate at all but it functions

View Quote

That gun kinda fits your username....  

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:47:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I got your Jiminez beat.

Japanese Type 94 Nambu, universally agreed to be the worst handgun fielded by any army in the history of the planet.

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=43566

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=43567
View Quote

That's so bad that it's good! I'd own the shit outa that shitty ass shit.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:48:23 PM EDT
[#32]
I've got a Jennings J-22 AND one of these!

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:51:35 PM EDT
[#33]
I guess my Stoeger Cougar is the worst of the ones I have.  The safety/decocker lever on it is a terrible design.  Hard to unsafe from a shooting grip and impossible to safe from shooting grip.  Plus it's guaranteed to stove pipe an average of one round per magazine with no discernable pattern/cause.  I like to use it for our local BSC events though 'cause it gives me built-in random malfunction handling practice.  :-)
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:52:37 PM EDT
[#34]
This was left/given to me by my FIL on his last visit. If you can get it to fire, has decent accuracy. Some issue with the safety. I've thought about just removing the safety, but hoping for a gun buyback in my area. Also have a seriously jacked up Remington model 10 from him, and a rusted out .50 Cal Black Powder rifle. There may be some hope for the BP rifle.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:55:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Keltec PF-9.  Total peace of shit.  It usually fails to fire every 3rd round or so.  All types of ammo.  I don't care enough about it to go through the hassle sending it back.  Last Keltec I will ever buy.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:55:19 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I own no bad guns.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:56:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
AMT Backup in .380 ACP
View Quote

This, the safety's  are junk.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:57:23 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Your father-in-law might have had the Ghey.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I kinda doubt it

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:59:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Our evidence room is full of Jennings .22s, Raven .25s, and Hi-Point 9s.  Even the broke gangstas can afford those piles.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:02:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Damn, that's a production copy?  It looks like hammered horseshit.

LC
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I got your Jiminez beat.

Japanese Type 94 Nambu, universally agreed to be the worst handgun fielded by any army in the history of the planet.

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=43566

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=43567

Damn, that's a production copy?  It looks like hammered horseshit.

LC

Yep,

That's pretty much the way it left the "factory". Looks like it was lovingly polished with a Bastard mill file, probably because it was.

Late war production Japanese guns cut every corner they could just to get them out the door into the hands of some poor schlep.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:04:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I had a Llama 45 .  I really tried to like it as it came from my late brother. He never shot it cause it sucked so bad.
He gave it to me to get it out of the house before he passed.  He instructed me to sell it if anyone would buy it.

I took it to Scheels to trade in on a 870 hoping to get maybe $50 or $60 on trade.  They said they were sorry but could only give me $150 trade value. I like to think he is still smiling about my deal.

That gun could not go one magazine without multiple no fire or no feed, I tried to have a couple different smiths look at it. They would not touch it.
View Quote

I had one of the Llamas when I first really got into buying guns, I think it was the Mini-Max.  I remember it being one of the biggest pieces of shit that I have ever owned
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:13:46 PM EDT
[#42]
My 1902 Long Range Winner 12ga.

I've never taken photos of it because it's in rough shape.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:15:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Keltec PF-9.  Total peace of shit.  It usually fails to fire every 3rd round or so.  All types of ammo.  I don't care enough about it to go through the hassle sending it back.  Last Keltec I will ever buy.
View Quote

I had one of those, and sold it to a guy with full disclosure, even let him shoot it ahead of time so he could see for himself.  He still bought it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:16:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Romanian PSL.

pile of crap, over gassed, excessive headspace, slight bend in the receiver, side rail for scopes not available in the US (I tried every kind I could find, none would fit)

after I fixed the head space, it stopped blowing out the primers, but it was still kinda funky because the barrel didn't sit true to the trunnion, it wobbled around. so after pinning it I had to spot weld it. after I installed a TWS dog leg to get some kind of scope on there, it decides it will not eject correctly with that cover and doubles/ stovepipes, all sorts of shit, I don't blame the dog leg though, the rifle should eject fine it choses not to. wall hanger pile of crap. I could have had a nice rifle for the money and time I have in that piece of shit. I won't even sell it, too dangerous. plug the barrel and stick it on the wall.

basically at this point the only stuff on there worth keeping would be the rear trunnion, trigger group, furniture and TWS dog leg. and it sucks because the damn thing does look cool as shit, and when it did shoot, seemed to be pretty accurate.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:17:08 PM EDT
[#45]
I only have a Mossberg 500 and a half finished AR. So both, kind of.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:17:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Sterling 302 25acp.  Bought it via gunbroker for about $80 because I thought it was a pretty little pistol.

It arrived quite dirty so after a thorough cleaning I stepped out the back garage door with three round in the mag.  Pointed it down at the ground, pulled & released the slide and bang-bang-bang without touching the trigger.

Broken, jammed up firing pin.  I got a new replacement, took it apart and it function properly now.  This one will hit a man size silhouette at least 5 out of 6 shots at 7 yards.

My dear wife made the case from an old leather mitten, old pair of blue jeans and a used zipper. She signed it too.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:32:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I'll go with this. Cheap to shoot, thats about all they got going for them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
91/30 that had such a badly out of round chamber it would egg steel cases to the point you'd have to kick the bolt HARD to open it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Going with the 91/30 here as well.
I'll go with this. Cheap to shoot, thats about all they got going for them.

Here too.

A 1944 production model with a trigger pull that must be 18-20 pounds. It's ridiculous war time crude manufacturing, and that's why I bought it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:36:15 PM EDT
[#48]
I took a Llama 1911 on trade and I have $0.00 in the gun. The barrel bushing is worn out and it is not worth the $14 for a new one. It is the only gun I own but never fired.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:42:35 PM EDT
[#49]
charter arms ar-7 pos
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:51:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Had a Taurus PT-22 someone gave me.  Worked OK but traded it away.  Shittiest thing I own is one of those Romanian 22 bolt action trainers.  For $40 it isn't a bad piece of shit.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top