Link Posted: 10/31/2014 4:35:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kpel308] [#1]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 4:38:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Fuck yes.

In on 11.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 4:43:30 PM EDT
[#3]
This is nice and all, but IMO I wish they could go after minimum rifle/shotgun length and suppressors first. I'd rather have a short rifle which can be suppressed than a full auto without the extra hoops and costs. But progress is progress.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 4:48:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KeithC] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Flogger23m:
This is nice and all, but IMO I wish they could go after minimum rifle/shotgun length and suppressors first. I'd rather have a short rifle which can be suppressed than a full auto without the extra hoops and costs. But progress is progress.
View Quote

I know it was just a "wish" statement but look at the bigger picture.  This is the first opening we've gotten.  Doesn't matter what it is.  If we win it, it become precedent to maybe start looking at those other things.

I honestly have zero desire to own a machine gun.  But I'll donate the cost of one, if I can afford it, to secure the right to one.

ETA: Just saw the "progress is progress" line.  Apologies for being redundant.  I'll still leave the above here for doubting lurkers.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 4:49:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By SonicRaT:
So, to play a bit of devils advocate, I had some thoughts while reading through.

Considering that Miller and Heller will be the primary precedents that shape the outcome of this -- wouldn't it perhaps have been better to attempt to deconstruct the opinions presented in Heller rather than selectively using portions for support?
View Quote

Do you even lawyer, bro?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 4:52:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Great job!
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 4:55:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By EagleArmsHBAR:
That is how complaints work.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By EagleArmsHBAR:
Originally Posted By SonicRaT:
So, to play a bit of devils advocate, I had some thoughts while reading through.

Considering that Miller and Heller will be the primary precedents that shape the outcome of this -- wouldn't it perhaps have been better to attempt to deconstruct the opinions presented in Heller rather than selectively using portions for support?

For example:

10. The Second Amendment guarantees "the right of law-abiding, responsible citizens to use arms in defense of hearth and home.” District of Columbia v. Heller , 554 U.S. 570, 635, 128 S.Ct. 2783, 2821, 171 L.Ed.2d. 637, 683 (2008). In addition, Heller also held that the Second Amendment guarantees not only an individual right to bear arms unconnected with militia service but that it "extends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms.” Id . at 582, 2792.

When I read that, I start thinking, ok he just quoted Heller which also states, specifically on this matter,

That is how complaints work.  

Hush now. He wants to mock our esteemed barrister and his faggty talk.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:02:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: krpind] [#8]
Originally Posted By MaxxII:
I'm killing that link because of the info on that form...krp

What does NTXT mean over on that forum?
I'm confused.
View Quote

I didn't think there could exist a shittier thead format than DU.....
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:02:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: krpind] [#9]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:03:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: krpind] [#10]
Originally Posted By mean_sartin:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MaxxII:

What does NTXT mean over on that forum?
I'm confused.

That's a little rough, I wouldn't be that hard on them.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:04:07 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

If FA is knocked out the rest has to follow.

Nolo has alluded to attacking everything as well.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:05:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: krpind] [#12]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:07:00 PM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes

It's not just an allusion. Section 68(1) and 68(4) go after all of the NFA and Hughes.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:08:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Undefined:
Nolo is doing a great thing, but do not forget Mr. Hollis. What he is doing is the very meaning of bravery, as you know the defendant in this case is going to make his life a living hell for a long time to come.

If you're reading this, Mr. Hollis, please know that you are one hell of a brave man and you have our support.
View Quote

Amen!
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:10:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Brian86992:
I nominate Nolo for Arf member of the year DECADE
View Quote

He is the OP for the Fast and Furious thread, too.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:10:51 PM EDT
[#16]

It's not just an allusion. Section 68(1) and 68(4) go after all of the NFA and Hughes.
View All Quotes

I hadn't read the complaint yet so I couldn't say for sure.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:12:12 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

1...Machine guns have no minimum length requirements.
2...Nolo is going after everything.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:13:26 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote
Machineguns do not have a minimum barrel length.  If they are removed from the registry and legalized you could have your short rifle by making it a machinegun, even if other weapons hadn't been removed from the NFA yet.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:14:41 PM EDT
[#19]

Originally Posted By RyJones:

Right click, save as
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RyJones:

Originally Posted By NoloContendere:

Summons to Eric Holder and B Todd Jones in first post.  

https://www.scribd.com/doc/245098266/4-Summons-to-Holder-B-Todd

Right click, save as

Thanks!

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:33:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By LuxorDeathbed:
I work in legal "areas" per say and occasionally have to breeze over court docs.  Understanding how court works, this is going to be epic reading/following.  I need to learn the case numbers and court online look up to follow them...
View Quote

please keep us updated as Nolo will be busy

Perhaps your screenname as Size 5 header in the post so we can pick out your particular update
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:34:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Just sent another $50 and next week you need to break away one day and let me buy you lunch
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:38:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By zanemasterx:
It can go three ways:

1. They rule against him, but don't give the ATF power to arbitrarily revoke tax stamps. We are back at square one. Law enforcement loophole is carved out.

2. They rule in favor of the defendant, citing Miller. Machine guns are now able to be manufactured by unincorporated trusts. People can make machine guns with a form one now.

3. They give the ATF power to arbitrarily revoke stamps. We're fucked.
View Quote

or
4.  They rule LEOs are also prohibited from possessing MGs. (unlikely)
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:39:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By CLICKBANGBANG:

Nice 20k OP... I hope this goes well.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CLICKBANGBANG:
Complaint

Nice 20k OP... I hope this goes well.

You never know, but it would take an exceptionally Intellectually Dishonest court to decide against the plaintif based on the claims in the complaint.

IANAL, but.....
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:41:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:42:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:

All the rulings even from the 9th circuit all deal with the historical intent of the 2nd amendment.

So with that pretty much the only restrictions were for those who were felons, mentally ill and slaves. If you wanted to own a cannon you could without government permission.

As a free man your only limitation was the amount of money you could spend.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SimonPhoto:

Limitations have always been in place on the 2nd dating back to common law.

For some reason folks think there was just a free for all when it came to weapons back then but it was not that way.

With that said about the only limitations there were concerned felons with firearms/weapons.

There was a great thread here once with Eric The Hun and others discussing all of it. Wish I had saved the link.

I care about how things were only within the context of considering how those facts can be used to expand human Liberty today.

All the rulings even from the 9th circuit all deal with the historical intent of the 2nd amendment.

So with that pretty much the only restrictions were for those who were felons, mentally ill and slaves. If you wanted to own a cannon you could without government permission.

As it once was, so shall it be again.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:56:23 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

For some reason folks think there was just a free for all when it came to weapons back then but it was not that way.

With that said about the only limitations there were concerned felons with firearms/weapons.

There was a great thread here once with Eric The Hun and others discussing all of it. Wish I had saved the link.

I care about how things were only within the context of considering how those facts can be used to expand human Liberty today.

And often did!  The prime example being Privateers who, in absence of an adequate Navy, were granted letters of Marque and Reprisal from Congress.  They often were the size of warships "below the rates" - brigs and schooners with 20 or so cannon.  While they could not stand against even 5th rate (by themselves), they were a not insignificant force for commerce raiding.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:58:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By KeithC:

I know it was just a "wish" statement but look at the bigger picture.  This is the first opening we've gotten.  Doesn't matter what it is.  If we win it, it become precedent to maybe start looking at those other things.

I honestly have zero desire to own a machine gun.  But I'll donate the cost of one, if I can afford it, to secure the right to one.

ETA: Just saw the "progress is progress" line.  Apologies for being redundant.  I'll still leave the above here for doubting lurkers.
View All Quotes

You work with the cards you are dealt.  

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:59:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Trick or treat motherfuckers!
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:13:13 PM EDT
[#29]
October surprise, bitches!
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:21:46 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

That's about the same fucked up line of thinking that the fudds used to say when talking about "Assault Weapons".....

"I'm ok with it as long as they don't take my shotgun."
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:25:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By TheOtherDave:

That's about the same fucked up line of thinking that the fudds used to say when talking about "Assault Weapons".....

View All Quotes

Well, like, maybe they'll be nice and settle for reducing the barrel length restriction by an inch every 50 years or so you know, go slow right? Cause if it goes wrong it could be worse after all...and I mean we don't wanna do that so maybe, yeah lets maybe just ask them to start with barrel length needs to be 15.5'' that'd be progress right?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:27:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:28:01 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

Flogger's argument is reasonable, but it is akin to gays going after civil unions instead of marriage. If you're going to pony up and roll the dice, go for the jackpot.

An attack on the NFA is unthinkable by most. It's impossible. It's like a bunch of farmers, settlers and rich land owners attacking the world's most powerful military. It couldn't possibly work...
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:32:42 PM EDT
[#34]
In on 11 - I'm always late to the party!
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:33:58 PM EDT
[#35]
in
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:56:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Sorry to be late for this Epic battle. My gut tells me Holder will drag this out until he's out of office.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:25:37 PM EDT
[#37]
I think I shall follow this as well.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:42:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Wow, best 20k post EVAR!

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:45:38 PM EDT
[#39]
BOOM!!!
NOLO is an Operator!
I'll be donating.
Repeatedly, as funds allow.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:46:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Certified mail went out today with copies of the complaint and summons to B Todd Jones and Eric H. Holder, Jr.
View Quote

Dammit, where is the like button?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:47:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:50:15 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

Machineguns have no length limit.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:50:28 PM EDT
[#43]

Then we will donate more.  And I will get a second job.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By usjet:
$50k isn't even going to cover printing, postage and coffee before this is over........

Now WHAT ABOUT THE FIREARMS CORPORATIONS? They should be pouring money at this.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:55:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By mancow:

View All Quotes
$50k isn't even going to cover printing, postage and coffee before this is over........

They won't help with it because it will bottom out their market also...
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:55:15 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

Maybe, but I don't think there will be many willing to pour money into this. Yes there might be some but I have a good feeling most will be wanting to be neutral as to stay on the Federal Gubermint's good side.

However, if there is a huge following, I will be willing to eat my own words.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:55:53 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

I wouldn't expect any except for maybe some smaller companies to donate.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:57:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By LuckyDucky:
Didn't Holder resign?
View Quote

He resigned to resign, without actually resigning...
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:01:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Mariner82:

And often did!  The prime example being Privateers who, in absence of an adequate Navy, were granted letters of Marque and Reprisal from Congress.  They often were the size of warships "below the rates" - brigs and schooners with 20 or so cannon.  While they could not stand against even 5th rate (by themselves), they were a not insignificant force for commerce raiding.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mariner82:

Patriot Pirates really opened my eyes up to what the Founders were trying to protect with the Second Amendment.

I highly recommend everyone gets a copy.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:01:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Valintino:

Maybe, but I don't think there will be many willing to pour money into this. Yes there might be some but I have a good feeling most will be wanting to be neutral as to stay on the Federal Gubermint's good side.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Valintino:

They are often fair weather friends and all that... but emphasis on the word SHOULD.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:18:19 PM EDT
[#50]
As a minor contributor (A few bucks)I would like to say IN!!!
Page / 224
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top