Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:33:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I went to PI and punched out the first guy that yelled at me so they made me a DI.  Later, I did some super secret shit.  Above Top Secret stuff.  I'd tell you but then I'd have to kill everybody on here.  Then they sent me to the Pentagon to mellow me out and the Commandant and Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps both yelled at me and I punched them both out.  They sent me to the brig but I punched everybody out and walked away.

But for real, I started as a grunt in the Reserves and shipped over to active duty to work on radar and IFF.  Good times? Yeah.  Bad times? Yeah.  Would I do it again? Fo shizzle.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:34:09 PM EDT
[#2]
OP, have you already talked to a Navy recruiter?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:35:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:40:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I joined up for the free cookies and this sweet shirt!

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:45:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I took comfort in knowing we used mostly all old army hand me downs and whatever they did not want.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:52:54 PM EDT
[#6]
You have to join up, to see what it's like.

It'll either be the best, or the worst, thing you ever did.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:53:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm currently a cook assigned to the SS CASEY RYBACK.  I enjoy make the nous defions pastry and serving nasty nick coffee.  

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:56:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I ETS'd, and less than 30 days later made the cutoff for SSG/E-6, but watching my daughter being born beat another deployment, or a promotion.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:58:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I was gonna join the Marines, but.....
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:01:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Highlight of my career was taking a picture of 6 people doing a wheelie down the Afghan highway.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:04:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Always wanted those notches in the stock of my bang bang.....
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:09:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm currently a cook assigned to the SS CASEY RYBACK.  I enjoy make the nous defions pastry and serving nasty nick coffee.  

View Quote

You weapons guys are horrible! lol

Tell your wife Robin Sage "hi" when you get back to Pineland.

De oppresso liber!
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:09:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I was in charge of spreading negative waves.....and drinking wine and eating cheese....
View Quote

Woof woof woof, that's my other dog impression.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:19:25 PM EDT
[#14]
F-16 Pilot.  Korean campaign, Desert Storm, and other hotspots around the world.  I also have hours in the A-10 over central Germany.

I figure I was at least a Major considering how many times I crashed or was shot down and got to keep flying.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:34:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Here I am guarding a helo crash sight. No big deal.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:49:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I joined because my recruiter said I could fuck Miss USA

http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL965/4056977/23525913/396948247.jpg

J/K
View Quote

I was told the same, except with the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders.  All they did was call me "sweetie" and take a picture with me at the USO.  I'd rather have Andre Arlovski come back for a second tour so I could grab his ass the next time.

Such a rip off.  Bunch of fucking lies.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:52:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:10:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Look at my avatar, I just wanted a free ride to the store in style
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:25:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Took ASVAB today and then spent the better part of the afternoon there with documents and paperwork, medical waiver for a broken clavicle and other fun paperwork.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:27:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:29:04 PM EDT
[#21]
I enjoyed big, long black objects full of seeman. TM3(SS)DV
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:39:59 PM EDT
[#22]
I joined solely to stomp in mud puddles and turn Navy whites into Army tan!

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:41:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Took ASVAB today and then spent the better part of the afternoon there with documents and paperwork, medical waiver for a broken clavicle and other fun paperwork.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This was a serious question?

Avionics Technician (I-Level)
Intruders, Prowlers, Hawkeyes, Tomcats
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:46:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You could have just said "I was an asshole" and been done with it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
More on topic this time. US Navy, Surface Warfare Officer (ship driver), fixed shit, broke shit, shot missiles, guns, torpedoes. Did a shit load of paperwork, drank alot of coffee, saw a lot of the world, set me up for a good paying post retirement gov civilian job in DoD. Had fun, had fucked up times, got my ass handed to me a few times and was still respected by subordinates, peers and superiors. Would probably do it all over again.

No he couldn't. ..he's a SWO.  Brevity is physically impossible for SWOs.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:47:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.  My father is retired Navy, my brother is Active Navy.  I have been to his ship and spoken with people he knows about what they do, and what they're trained to do vs really do and ect and figured I would send the question out into the world to get a more broad response.

But, I'm not real familiar with anything outside of Navy (but, both Grandfathers were Army)
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:56:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I started out as a technician on toilets and decks. Worked my way up to garbage and vacuuming. Finally got to taking care of booboos and changing diapers.
View Quote

Very similar career paths. Started out scrubbing algae off of submarines, chasing rust and cleaning C-G-U-11's shit.... Then went to band aid and boo boo school and learned to change bedpans, all while marching and carrying heavy items.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:59:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Picked up a lot of habits in the sandbox
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:04:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Picked up a lot of habits in the sandbox
http://gunpath.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/cory.jpg
View Quote

Came here to post something along those lines.

I joined for the fabulous paycheck, non-stop promotions, endless respect and the lack of Ebola.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:04:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Pfffttt...

No way I'd serve under Obama. I'm no gov't yes man.

Navy said I was too tall anyways.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:07:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
More on topic this time. US Navy, Surface Warfare Officer (ship driver), fixed shit, broke shit, shot missiles, guns, torpedoes. Did a shit load of paperwork, drank alot of coffee, saw a lot of the world, set me up for a good paying post retirement gov civilian job in DoD. Had fun, had fucked up times, got my ass handed to me a few times and was still respected by subordinates, peers and superiors. Would probably do it all over again.
View Quote

Drove the ship? Please, only when the Boatswain wasn't looking.....
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:07:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Mobile infantry made me the man I am today

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:09:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Had no choice.... I was drafted!  
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:13:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably figured it went without being said. At least he wasn't a senior chief. Nothing worse than one of those guys trying to make E9.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:13:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Military taxi driver.  I was told where to go to pick up my fare, then delivered my fare to their destination. Calls ranged from a few minutes to a few weeks. I even trained others to experience the joys of military taxi driving.
View Quote

HAHAHAHA!!!
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:16:46 PM EDT
[#35]
The poop is not going to burn itself.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:20:50 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Oh boy...
View Quote
You ever heard of a game called "gay chicken"?

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:22:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:23:35 PM EDT
[#38]
I got draft notice while in the county jail ( about to serve life sentence for misc. traffic tickets ) Dad went to recruiter, recruiter knew a judge and presto I was RA and in the fullness of time I got to surf at China Beach among other things.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:25:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I got draft notice while in the county jail ( about to serve life sentence for misc. traffic tickets ) Dad went to recruiter, recruiter knew a judge and presto I was RA and in the fullness of time I got to surf at China Beach among other things.
View Quote

You get to bang Kim Delany?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:26:53 PM EDT
[#40]
WSO on FS-1 STINGRAY, while she was attached to the Polidor (SSRN3), until POLIDOR  was retired persuant to the START treaty.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:29:53 PM EDT
[#41]
I think that shit happened up the coast about 5 miles at the Navy evac., they didn't have surf for shit but they did have American women.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:31:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Sucked:
Boot Camp, MOS school in Ft Sill, Field Days and living in the barracks in general, formations, formation runs, PMing vehicles, PMing equipment, everything in or around Jacksonville, NC, getting punished for one idiot's fuck up, uniform inspections, chow hall food, MOPP gear, asshole SNCOs.

Did not suck:
Thailand (on liberty), San Diego (after boot camp), and occasionally blowing shit up
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:53:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

HAHAHAHA!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Military taxi driver.  I was told where to go to pick up my fare, then delivered my fare to their destination. Calls ranged from a few minutes to a few weeks. I even trained others to experience the joys of military taxi driving.

HAHAHAHA!!!

Was wondering when you'd show up.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:56:15 PM EDT
[#44]
See exotic places
Meet exotic people
Catch exotic diseases
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:57:59 PM EDT
[#45]
I am not presently disposed to discuss these operations.  Actually, I am unaware of any such activity or operation, nor would I be disposed to discuss them if they did, in fact, exist.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:59:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I joined but only because it was quicker path to citizenship.  I joined up with one of my former high school teachers in his Roughneck's platoon.  Ain't gonna lie, it wasn't easy and wasn't quite what I had expected.  The worst was losing my girl to the pretty boy flight officer.
View Quote

Pffft, you had it easy. My drill sergeant threw a knife into my hand and I got passed over for promotion for some prettyboy no talent asshat.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:03:21 PM EDT
[#47]
<---   Still looking for a box of grid squares.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:09:39 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I never joined the Military, I was in the Air Force.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:10:40 PM EDT
[#49]
I was repeatedly sodomized by this large green phallic thing. It was indiscriminate and cruel.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:14:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh boy...

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top