Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/21/2014 7:56:06 PM EDT
It never fails.. I can sit here and read for hours and not a peep out of her... Soon as she hears me typing away, she wants to engage in a conversation. Drive me nuts.. I lose my train of thought, forget what I was going to type.... Is this common thing? Does the sound of a key board trigger something in their brain? or is mine a defective unit?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:56:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Pix?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:57:47 PM EDT
[#2]
pics?

because many people are needy
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:58:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:59:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:59:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:00:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:00:15 PM EDT
[#7]
love this place
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:03:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:05:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It never fails.. I can sit here and read for hours and not a peep out of her... Soon as she hears me typing away, she wants to engage in a conversation. Drive me nuts.. I lose my train of thought, forget what I was going to type.... Is this common thing? Does the sound of a key board trigger something in their brain? or is mine a defective unit?
View Quote

Did she start talking to you just as you were putting in the link to her pic in this post and you lost your train of thought and hit submit?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:07:19 PM EDT
[#10]
same reason as why kids want to talk to you when your on the phone
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:07:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

That is true Arfcom GD!
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:08:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Because women, being the significantly perverse creatures that they are, have a finely tuned attention detector; as soon as you begin something that requires your focused attention, their detector trips and they begin blindly talking about seemingly random subjects. Woe be on you, however, if you try to speak to them while they're occupied watching one of their "reality" programs!

I speak from experience dealing with my lovely wife of 35 years (next month). No pictures, I don't want to die at this late date, sorry.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:08:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Because the attention is off her.Dont worry its healthy.
Enjoy the GF, arf comes and goes, A love on develops once and what you do early in the relationship shapes it.

Whatever you do, don't be annoyed or show that your annoyed to her. Ive made that mistake and it hurts Our relationship years later.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:09:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Pics or Ban !
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:09:07 PM EDT
[#15]
it reminds them of a room full of women typists gabbing away.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:09:34 PM EDT
[#16]
My GF always want to talk when I'm trying to sleep.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:10:20 PM EDT
[#17]
They are all defective units.

Mine starts her crap as soon as I sit down to watch tv.  I really get steamed when she starts bothering me when I am in the middle of something like cleaning my AR, and she expects me to drop everything and pay attention.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:10:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Pics or Ban !
View Quote

Aye

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:10:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Give her a taste of her own medicine.  Whenever she tries to talk to you, begin typing on the internet.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:11:33 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Mine starts her crap as soon as I sit down to watch tv.  I really get steamed when she starts bothering me when I am in the middle of something like cleaning my AR, and she expects me to drop everything and pay attention.
View Quote
mine wants to start talking the minute I get into my reloading groove.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:11:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Because women, being the significantly perverse creatures that they are, have a finely tuned attention detector; as soon as you begin something that requires your focused attention, their detector trips and they begin blindly talking about seemingly random subjects. Woe be on you, however, if you try to speak to them while they're occupied watching one of their "reality" programs!

I speak from experience dealing with my lovely wife of 35 years (next month). No pictures, I don't want to die at this late date, sorry.
View Quote

This right here. I just tried to go out to the garage to do some stuff and all of a sudden it was "grab this, grab that, I need this" and no she didn't mean to grab her It happens every single night....drives me bat shit crazy! and also wants to talk while we eat dinner. Sorry...when I am eating, leave me the fuck alone!
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:12:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:13:23 PM EDT
[#23]
I just ignore my gf until I'm done typing since she knows I'm trying to type something.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:13:59 PM EDT
[#24]

Mrs Reno will do the same thing - except with ear buds.

She will be watching TV - I will be on the laptop.  As soon as I put in ear buds, she has something that she will need to talk to me about.

Human nature is funny.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:14:13 PM EDT
[#25]
The real question is why isn't she in the kitchen making you a sammich.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:14:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Clearly some people in this place think the rules mean jack.
Reminds of the Obama administration
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:15:23 PM EDT
[#27]
It's a sign of self-absorption and fragile ego on her part.

People who interrupt other people with inane conversation are the most egotistical (or completely devoid of self-actualization) creatures in the world.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:15:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Why? Because, women are demanding man.

Women require A LOT of time and resources to properly maintain. Otherwise, they let themselves go or leave you.  Eh, it's worth it for the companionship though to put up with them. Been married there year and together with her for ten and it's a literal job to keep her happy.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:16:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Maybe you should take the computer out of the kitchen?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:16:49 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

that is a safety issue, explain it that way

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:18:04 PM EDT
[#31]
This is the way women rape men.  They're stealing your time, which is your most precious resource.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:21:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The real question is why isn't she in the kitchen making you a sammich.
View Quote

She hears my keys clicking from the kitchen... I had to lengthen the chain, so she could at least use the toilet ( got sick of her peeing in the sink) sadly the chain is long enough to reach into the living room as well... "sigh"
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:24:06 PM EDT
[#33]
People at work do that shit to me all the time.  Boss is the worst for walking up in the middle of a conversation and changing the direction even if someone else is in mid sentence.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:24:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
love this place
View Quote

GD is on top of things tonight.  

Having said that, where are the dang pics?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:24:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:26:11 PM EDT
[#36]
I love it when the leg humpers insist on pics of the wife/so and (how can I put this) what the OP finds to his liking... but you can almost hear the GD gasp and say "whoa!".

LOL!
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:27:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:28:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Mine wants to talk during watching an important show.

Then I'll have to rewind it so I can see what the hell happened.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:29:34 PM EDT
[#39]
There must be some amazing shit that needs to be addressed directly behind me when I'm logged on as well
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:30:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I love it when the leg humpers insist on pics of the wife/so and (how can I put this) what the OP finds to his liking... but you can almost hear the GD gasp and say "whoa!".

LOL!
View Quote

There I came through with a pic...
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:31:01 PM EDT
[#41]
I can tell how this thread will be headed now.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:34:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Oooorrrrr that you've been sitting at your computer for hours?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry I run a jackhammer or a demo saw for about 11 hours a day.. when I come home I grab a case of beer and my computer and sit down in my recliner... Unless have to piss, or the house is on fire I don't move much.  She has a desk job.. So yea she complains and calls me lazy.. I wish I could take her to work for just one day.. Just one. Throw her on a 60lb hammer for 8 hours, see how "lazy" she is at the end of the day...
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:36:37 PM EDT
[#43]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL!

http://s28.postimg.org/91bcg0jm5/150934_4256311094706_920594564_n.jpg

and you're on ARF why?  Coming out thread?  
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:36:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Not enough Y chromosome.  That's why.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:39:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL!

cuz, the kiddos awake? can really "stir the mac and cheese" ( think about the sound) when the kids awake..
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:40:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

cuz, the kiddos awake? can really "stir the mac and cheese" ( think about the sound) when the kids awake..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL!

well played, sir. well played.   what a thread that was.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:41:35 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

You are a good man, OP.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:44:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Mine wants to talk during watching an important show.

Then I'll have to rewind it so I can see what the hell happened.
View Quote

What exactly is "an important show?"
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:44:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Sorry I run a jackhammer or a demo saw for about 11 hours a day.. when I come home I grab a case of beer and my computer and sit down in my recliner... Unless have to piss, or the house is on fire I don't move much.  She has a desk job.. So yea she complains and calls me lazy.. I wish I could take her to work for just one day.. Just one. Throw her on a 60lb hammer for 8 hours, see how "lazy" she is at the end of the day...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What kind of beer is popular in Somalia? Seems to me it just may be possible to sit down, relax and have a conversation with her at the same time?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:45:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL!

I cant make mac and cheese with out getting all riled up anymore... And oddly every time we get it on I have a hankern for some mac and cheese... Weird...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top