Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:22:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is what a man's truck interior looks like.  

http://www.silveradosierra.com/gallery/image.php?mode=medium&album_id=369&image_id=1307

View Quote

yeah, I wish I could have gone that route instead of buying a new truck. Don't get me wrong I love my crew cab Ram, but I only paid $37,000 and it has everything I need. To get a nice fully restored classic similar to what I need, like the below truck would cost me over $100,000.  I don't have time to deal with non-restored classics, I wish I did.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:55:27 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
yeah, I wish I could have gone that route instead of buying a new truck. Don't get me wrong I love my crew cab Ram, but I only paid $37,000 and it has everything I need. To get a nice fully restored classic similar to what I need, like the below truck would cost me over $100,000.  I don't have time to deal with non-restored classics, I wish I did.

http://i61.tinypic.com/106j591.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

http://i61.tinypic.com/106j591.jpg
Holy crap; from where, Foose?

Trucks are for work, not just bro-limousines.  

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:20:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Exactly.  Not afraid to wear dirty boots in here:    

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Is that a little baby foot headlight dimmer?

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:23:40 AM EDT
[#4]
When you buy a King Ranch truck, does the the butthurt come standard? Or is it an option?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:13:44 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that a little baby foot headlight dimmer?

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:15:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Well we bought the bro-dozer.

It's a 2013 LT z71 crew cab 5.3 with 20k miles with the all-star package.
Lift is a 6" fab tech, 20" wheels and 35" toyo  MT tires.

Factory bumper to bumper warranty is good until July 2016 and factory drivetrain warranty is good until July 2018.

Got them to do a spray in bed liner also.

$35k even, they wanted $36k.
The only reason why I was ok with price is there's $5k in the lift, wheels and tires.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:05:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:10:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Pics of Brodozer?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:15:07 AM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:21:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Crazy, but likely true.  The old "two years old" doesn't apply anymore.

Two year old used cars sell for more than NEW cars with good incentives applied.  It's nuts.

I gave up looking and bought a 7 year old truck with over 100k just to get the price down to something I considered reasonable.

Money, aint worth what it used to be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hate to say this, but right now your probably better off buying new, that  or wait for a few years for the used market to get back to normal

Two year old used cars sell for more than NEW cars with good incentives applied.  It's nuts.

I gave up looking and bought a 7 year old truck with over 100k just to get the price down to something I considered reasonable.

Where are you getting that from?

Almost a year ago we got a two year old Buick Enclave for $31k.  Had 35k miles, CPO, and priced the same as a brand new base Traverse.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:22:55 AM EDT
[#11]
A year ago I bought a new F150 XLT V8 Quad Cab w/ some goodies for $26,200. The sticker was significantly more. Check online for the internet prices of local dealers and some maybe within 100 miles, and use the lowest price as leverage for a deal.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:23:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I was playing around with the ford build your own truck applet or what ever a few weeks ago and was able to price out a new f250 at $89k
View Quote

I believe it.

F250 top of the line KR with all the toys.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:31:21 AM EDT
[#13]
I have almost the same truck from 2010, no bro package. But comparing stickers I don't have the rear camera, and I don't think it was called an all star package but I think I have those. And it was 18" wheels. Sticker was 37k...

Just solidifies my opinion on price increasing just because they don't have problems moving them. Oh well

oh, nevermind.. yours is crew cab, mine is just extended slight difference
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:04:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Almost a year ago we got a two year old Buick Enclave for $31k.  Had 35k miles, CPO, and priced the same as a brand new base Traverse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hate to say this, but right now your probably better off buying new, that  or wait for a few years for the used market to get back to normal

Sorry - I was talking about cars someone would actually want.

The used car market is fubar, for any *in demand* vehicles.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:06:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I had to do this.

looked for about two years, actually got a better deal on a new 13 Silverado.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:10:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Trucks are very pricey right now, I have seen new trucks go for the same price or slightly cheaper than a slightly used one.  Look for a new truck with 6-10k off the sticker

Edit

You should look at the price of big SUVs
View Quote

Most of the medium sized SUV's are cheaper than their associated pickups, but that's mostly because the pickups are freaking expensive.

Trucks actually get real work done.   People who need one, NEED one.   This drives up prices, starting all the way at the bottom with the landscapers looking for a beater.    

Meanwhile new trucks get more and more expensive due to the government's insane mandates.   All this tech bullshit we don't need inflates the costs.   Don't need a backup camera?  Too fucking bad, they're mandatory in the near future.      Inflation doesn't help either; people seem to lose track of that because they're shopping at Wal-Mart and buying shittier stuff over time.

I'm shopping for a truck right now as well so I feel the OP's pain.  Probably not bothering to buy used, though, due to (1) hardly saving any money and (2) knowing most of the knuckleheads around here trading in 2-3 year old trucks probably thrashed them and didn't maintain them correctly.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:15:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This, not sure where you are looking OP but there are plenty of very nice trucks to be had in the $25-35k range. And that's new, you can get very very nice used trucks easily in the price range.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You can buy a NEW Loaded Quad Cab, 4x4 XLT Package Ford F-150 for $28K
This, not sure where you are looking OP but there are plenty of very nice trucks to be had in the $25-35k range. And that's new, you can get very very nice used trucks easily in the price range.

Truecar.com shows $32,500 for an XLT 4x4 Supercrew around here.  Avg price paid in my zip code is $35k.  

There are 6,466 matches for V8 4x4 XLT on Cars.com, which is dealers "internet" pricing across the entire country.  The cheapest one within 100 miles of me is $31,000 which includes the bonus cash incentive and that's below the Truecar price.  You wont be able to beat that by much in my experience.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:18:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

And that's not what you said <Removed - T7> .  You said "two year old used cars sell more."  I pointed out an example where it's not true and you had to go full derp.

Please mind the CoC. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:28:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I do not, I've been trying to figure out how to do such a thing.

Seriously, I'm no slouch when it comes to cars but I have no idea about 4x4 stuff.
I don't even know how I'm going to lift it to work on it if she ends up buying the thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here's a pic of the brozder she's got her heart set on.
Sigh, this should be interesting.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/millersho/20141019_131055_zps5ic1iqxc.jpg

Have fun with balljoints bearings and everything else with the lift.

Tell me about it, she won't listen though I generally do all the work on our vehicles.
I'm making her take it to a mechanic that her family has trusted over the years so he can talk some sense into her.

I get emotional about cars so I get it but she's off on the deep end right now.

If you know what kind of lift look it up and see if its any good to begin with.

I do not, I've been trying to figure out how to do such a thing.

Seriously, I'm no slouch when it comes to cars but I have no idea about 4x4 stuff.
I don't even know how I'm going to lift it to work on it if she ends up buying the thing.

You are going to need to put running boards on it too..she is going to get real sick of climbing in and out of it all the time(this from a guy who has had all sorts of raised trucks since the 80's.....
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:34:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Factory bumper to bumper warranty is good until July 2016 and factory drivetrain warranty is good until July 2018.

The only reason why I was ok with price is there's $5k in the lift, wheels and tires.
View Quote

OP, check with the dealer, but I think you can extend the gm warranty if you do it before it expires......
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:37:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Not to thread hijack, but I'm putting probably $2500 into my 2004 GMC 4x4 with 205k miles on it right now - rebuilt transfer case, windshield, brake controller, probably rotors, just to get it to where I could sell it (well, it wasn't going anywhere with a transfer case full of metal).  HUGE fights with the wife lately about me getting new/newish (her idea).  Reading this thread I'm starting to think I'll keep putting repair money into the one I have.  Really want a crew cab but to get under $20k (where I want to be) puts you into an 06 or so with 100k miles at least.

She'll lose here mind when I tell her I'd rather have $2500/yr repair bills than a payment . . . .
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:46:30 PM EDT
[#22]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Total bullshit.  Considering starting MSRP on an XLT is $30k and add 6.5k to that if want a crew.... and that is only a 4x2 (you gotta add 3400 for that).

MSRP on just your XLT, Cab, and drive.. you're at $40,260

I didn't even add "FULLY loaded" which is a hair over 50k.

XLT Crew cab, 4x4, 5.0

http://www.lithiafordboise.com/new/Ford/2014-Ford-F-150-Boise-ID-258467960a0a00e0385aa10950086e1b.htm

you call that "LOADED"?

Not to mention, your nearly base model XLT that you showed is already 2k higher than you stated.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:56:16 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View Quote

Ouch.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:39:34 PM EDT
[#24]

you got ripped off OP, your "6" chrome tubular assist steps" appear to be missing
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:41:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

And that's not what you said <Removed - T7> You said "two year old used cars sell more."  I pointed out an example where it's not true and you had to go full derp.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And that's not what you said <Removed - T7> You said "two year old used cars sell more."  I pointed out an example where it's not true and you had to go full derp.

Ouch.  Ward, don't you think you were a little hard on the beaver?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:52:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Jeez op. You went all out. I like the truck minus the excessive lift and bro rims
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:38:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Pretty hard to best Dave smith.They kick ass. Quality motors and salmon river motors in salmon, Id is good too. I paid 31k for a loaded 05' dodge. It's dumb what the new ones cost now. Same truck is at least 50% more now. And they say wet don't have inflation..... fuck that.

Used to be a loaded diesel costed 30k. For a long time. Since about 97' at least. The powers at be totally screwed us.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:51:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

you got ripped off OP, your "6" chrome tubular assist steps" appear to be missing
View All Quotes

I know.
I wish I had factory wheels and suspension also.

I like to hold onto the factory parts when I upgrade my vehicles.

I guess thats what I get for buying a vehicle already modded.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:52:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Ouch.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ouch.

?

Even edmunds.com  says its it worth $34k in my area and thats without all the upgrades.
Edmunds is usually  way lower then nada and kbb.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:00:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would not bet on that.

With the new emissions and fuel economy standards that are coming, ALL the new trucks will be MORE expensive. (Witness the new aluminum bodied F150 and the eco-boost engines.  Those features are more costly than the old steel and V8, but will help meet the emissions and mileage requirements from the EPA.)

More expensive new trucks will drive up the price of used ones.

I predict used trucks will jump in value at least 10% in the next 18 months.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:08:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:16:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

That would be a Platinum or Limited at that price
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was playing around with the ford build your own truck applet or what ever a few weeks ago and was able to price out a new f250 at $89k

I believe it.

That would be a Platinum or Limited at that price

Gets you a sweet chrome tailgate and badges yo
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:48:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

?

Even edmunds.com  says its it worth $34k in my area and thats without all the upgrades.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ouch.

?

Two weeks ago I paid about the same for a '14 Z-71with all the options. It had 3 miles on the clock. Sticker was $43k.

Nice rig, but there are much better deals out there.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:03:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Two weeks ago I paid about the same for a '14 Z-71with all the options. It had 3 miles on the clock. Sticker was $43k.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ouch.

?

Gotcha. Yea some of the links posted in this thread have made it clear if you take your time and maybe even go to states like idaho and travel out of state.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:12:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
the new trucks are nice.. but retarded expensive. i will just keep my paid off suv..... and go buy me a used cheap as hell 4x4 pickup and spend the money on parts for it.

something like this would be nice, since i wont be driving it much.... or a f150/ f250.

i have pretty much all my bills paid off, with no vehicle payments, and im planning to keep it like that. 25-30k will do a lot of repairing to a cheap used truck. iv been driving my truck for 5 years now... with a total out of pocket of $6000.00  and that includes new tires, recovered seats, and new carpet.  

i pretty much only drive < 40 miles a trip. ( town and back), 3-4  times a month i go to my farm (2 hour round trip). if i want to go out of state we take my gfs car, or i rent something new for the trip. saves me a shit load of money.

here is what i would like i think.
http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp58/buck19delta/0403_01z1986_chevrolet_truckfront_corner_parked_zps0b09d976.jpg

here is what i drive now.

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp58/buck19delta/newtires1.jpg

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp58/buck19delta/DSCN0195640x480_zpsfbc56656.jpg
View Quote

Where can an individual such as myself buy one like in the top picture?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:15:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I just bought a 2010 F-150 4 door platinum 4x4.
30,000 miles.
$29,500.

I love the 5.4 .
View Quote

Disgusting dog of a motor. Have fun with the valvetrain problems in 100k-ish miles.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:28:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I believe it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe it.

KR maxed out still only tops out around 70kish.... he probably went full retard and did the platinum/limited.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:50:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Disgusting dog of a motor. Have fun with the valvetrain problems in 100k-ish miles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just bought a 2010 F-150 4 door platinum 4x4.
30,000 miles.
$29,500.

I love the 5.4 .

I've always had good luck with them.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:53:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:08:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Cars/trucks are like phones today, everyone wants the new one. I know one person who changes out their truck every time their warranty expires. It will be a matter of time when there will be more used cars than new forcing new cars to drop if people (as stated) do this.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:11:08 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I would not bet on that.

With the new emissions and fuel economy standards that are coming, ALL the new trucks will be MORE expensive. (Witness the new aluminum bodied F150 and the eco-boost engines.  Those features are more costly than the old steel and V8, but will help meet the emissions and mileage requirements from the EPA.)

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I would not bet on that.

Sorry, but no, it's called supply and demand. We had a recession and new car sales went from 16-17 million a year to a low of 9 million and a very slow increase since 2009. This is why certain used vehicles can command such a high price. Toyota is getting ready to increase production and reduce the price of Tacomas and Tundras just so they don't lose market share to all the new trucks coming out. Used truck prices will be going down.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:12:11 PM EDT
[#42]

Jeesus dude, Im not being rude, but how does she actually get into it without steps?

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:16:16 PM EDT
[#43]
This is about as simple as they come........my 1989 Toyota 4Runner with the 4 cylinder engine.  

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:24:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

you call that "LOADED"?

Not to mention, your nearly base model XLT that you showed is already 2k higher than you stated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Total bullshit.  Considering starting MSRP on an XLT is $30k and add 6.5k to that if want a crew.... and that is only a 4x2 (you gotta add 3400 for that).

MSRP on just your XLT, Cab, and drive.. you're at $40,260

I didn't even add "FULLY loaded" which is a hair over 50k.

XLT Crew cab, 4x4, 5.0

http://www.lithiafordboise.com/new/Ford/2014-Ford-F-150-Boise-ID-258467960a0a00e0385aa10950086e1b.htm

you call that "LOADED"?

I have a similar truck, it has everything a working truck needs.

That's not base, these items can be removed to make it a base XLT.....

- fancy radio
- upgrade information center
- power seat
- hitch
- 7 pin connector
- tranny cooler
- sirius
- select shift
- 36 gallon tank

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:25:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Jeesus dude, Im not being rude, but how does she actually get into it without steps?

View All Quotes

That problem will take care of itself soon, he will be driving it instead of her.    Small lady, long truck with a huge lift.  Driving that thing around town and parking it will get old real quick.  

jk......  If you both like it, congrats on the new truck!  Nothing else really matters.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:42:21 PM EDT
[#46]
How much can I get for an 08, f150, 4x4 king cab with 37,000 miles? Charcoal gray. Still has original tires and smells like new inside.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:51:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Sorry, but no, it's called supply and demand. We had a recession and new car sales went from 16-17 million a year to a low of 9 million and a very slow increase since 2009. This is why certain used vehicles can command such a high price. Toyota is getting ready to increase production and reduce the price of Tacomas and Tundras just so they don't lose market share to all the new trucks coming out. Used truck prices will be going down.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would not bet on that.

OK, You want to use economic theory to justify your position, and I will use mine:

For those persons who want LARGE pickup trucks, the prices are going UP.  Why, you ask?  If you have not been paying attention, a whole bunch of new EPA regulations are starting to kick in.  

From 2012 to 2016, light truck fuel economy was mandated to increase by over 12%, and they are not done.  The EPA wants the fuel economy for full-sized pickup trucks to increase FORTY percent between 2012 and 2025.

The only way that is happening is by one of two methods:  smaller trucks or more technologically advance (read---EXPENSIVE) trucks.   These added fuel economy and emissions requirements ARE going to cost more, without a doubt.  

For someone who NEEDS a full sized truck, and cannot swallow the $40K (or 50, or 60, or whatever the changes will cost), a used truck seems like a good option.  

And what happens to USED vehicle prices when new car/truck prices go up?  They sure don't go down, nor do they stay the same.  As demand for used trucks rises (due to the cost of new ones), their cost will rise as well.

If you don't believe me, watch what will happen to the technology in the big full-sized pickups over the next few years.  The Ford "eco-boost" and the soon-to-be aluminum sheet metal is the harbinger of things to come.   Just be prepared to pay for it, be it used or new.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:09:27 PM EDT
[#48]
My new 2014 Gmc Sierra SLT loaded except navigation,a little over 38,000. Very happy with it.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:44:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
My new 2014 Gmc Sierra SLT loaded except navigation,a little over 38,000. Very happy with it.
<a href="http://s30.photobucket.com/user/rufusrufgut/media/DSCN0003_zps0a8882d8.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/rufusrufgut/DSCN0003_zps0a8882d8.jpg~original</a>
<a href="http://s30.photobucket.com/user/rufusrufgut/media/DSCN0033_zpsa0e63664.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/rufusrufgut/DSCN0033_zpsa0e63664.jpg~original</a>
View Quote

Damn that thing is loaded!
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:45:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Cars/trucks are like phones today, everyone wants the new one. I know one person who changes out their truck every time their warranty expires. It will be a matter of time when there will be more used cars than new forcing new cars to drop if people (as stated) do this.
View Quote

We got 10 years out of our 01 Tahoe, we should be able to do the same with this rig.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top