Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 10:52:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks fine to me, but I'm sure you paid way too much and waited way too long for that turd..

Page 2 ownage?
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 10:54:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks fine to me, but I'm sure you paid way too much and waited way too long for that turd..

Page 2 ownage?
View Quote

If I'm looking at the right one, it was a $196 lower, that was once was $250.

http://shadowopsweaponry.com/products/252-custom-ar-15-lower-receiver-billetnoveske-lwrc.aspx
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 10:57:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:02:59 AM EDT
[#4]
wow, and i am not even talking about the blem part

that lower makes andersons with the built in trigger guard
look beautiful.

no bang, bang, bang bang bang. atleast they told you upfront
you were gonna get banged
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:06:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Eh, the way I look at it, you brought it on yourself... All of it.

You didn't research the company.
You waited voluntarily for a stripper lower for 2 years.
You bought from a company named "shadow ops weaponry" ... Super tactical there.
You wanted a stupid rollmark on a stupid billet lower.

All of these problems could have been solved with a tiny bit of self control and forethought.

Take it as a learning lesson and buy a can of krylon.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:08:59 AM EDT
[#6]
What's going on with the rear takedown pin hole???

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:09:21 AM EDT
[#7]
File  the lump off and send it to Victor at U.S. Anodizing and have him sandblast it and re-anodize it.   Before you do that and spend any more money, you may want to assemble it to make sure there are no functional problems.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:11:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:13:00 AM EDT
[#9]
So a company named "Shadow Ops Weaponry" proved to be shady?!

Who would have thought?

The engraving is queer as hell too.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:15:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:17:54 AM EDT
[#11]
I would be embarrassed to own that and I'm not talking about the machining errors.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:31:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Is the skull winking at me? That shit is fucked up
View Quote

It's apparently a logo of the band Combichrist.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:32:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Looks heirloom quality to me, engraving included.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:48:17 AM EDT
[#14]
That is so fuckin gay even if it was machined perfectly.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:49:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It's Billet !!

Looks normal for a billet machined lower, build it and enjoy it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:52:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That is so fuckin gay even if it was machined perfectly.
View Quote

Only thing more gay is the MLP lower
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:52:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Shadow Ops Weaponry, LLC

1830 Boston Ave. Unit E

Longmont, Colorado 80501

Phone 1-855-850-0007
View Quote

So.... you're saying that they were high at the time?

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:54:19 AM EDT
[#18]
On a side note, they are also selling a used Glock 17 for 495.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:57:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Looks like it costs $196

Link
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:01:52 PM EDT
[#20]
THat looks like crap
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:02:03 PM EDT
[#21]
I have a $49 PSA blem that looks better than that
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:03:31 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

In before "it's a tool"
View Quote
Tool is the first thing that comes to mind when I see that lower.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:06:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Deleted.   I need to be nicer.

I should be spanked by Sandra Bullock for being less than a nice person here.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:11:06 PM EDT
[#24]
OP, you got a deal with it coin and a patience gift.

What moar do ewe want?

Shadow Ops Deal Coins are going to be professionally minted "challenge" coins with a secret anti-counterfeiting measure, so we know they are genuine. These coins are earned by purchasing a 100% lower with us, then used to cash in on great Shadow Ops deals, but for right now, they are still virtual and marked in a deal coin registry database as earned or used.

If you already have one of our lowers, you will receive one when they are minted or you can use them with your order number for the deal. You will be able to sell or trade coins to others and they will act as a currency in the future.

Currently our "Deal Coins" are virtual.  We will give you a coupon code for the usage of the coin and mark it off as USED in our registry. Once it is USED, you cannot use it again.  

If we were 6 months late in delivering your lower, you get a patience gift.  This is not an additional deal coin but is an additional discount gift for full weapon systems that will save you $200-500 off of silencers or full weapon systems. In essesnce, making your lower receiver free in the end.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:21:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I would be embarrassed to own that and I'm not talking about the machining errors.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:22:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:25:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Why do grown men spend money to own shit like this?
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:35:18 PM EDT
[#28]
All billets have tooling marks even if you sandblast and anodized the crap out of it you can still see them if you look hard enough

And the laser engraving if fine its just the logo and font that were originally used by the laser engraver which sucks....

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:36:33 PM EDT
[#29]
That lower is gayer than two men fucking. Without a paper plate.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:37:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Holy shit that is the dumbest lower I have ever seen.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:38:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

http://shadowopsweaponry.com/products/252-custom-ar-15-lower-receiver-billetnoveske-lwrc.aspx
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Page 2 ownage?

Could of got a 5 pack of PSA or Anderson.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:39:43 PM EDT
[#32]
I am stunned, STUNNED I tell you, that a company with the design talent to come up such a fantastic rollmark would lack the skill to execute it effectively.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:39:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

AR's have become barbie dolls for many

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:40:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Page 2 ownage?

That would make too much sense.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:40:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
In before "it's a tool"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
In before "it's a tool"

With tool marks!  

Quoted:

I honestly thought skulls were done, like years ago, I mean on several biker forums I belong to if you paint your bike with a skull theme you catch a lot of hell. Not to mention the wording.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:41:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I am stunned, STUNNED I tell you, that a company with the design talent to come up such a fantastic rollmark would lack the skill to execute it effectively.
View Quote

You talking about the skull on top of two dicks slapping each other?

I thought that was the custom part.

ETA: FML the skull is winking!
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:42:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Found one of the OP …..  not big on thinking ahead

http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2204/2603122/7239997/410065187.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:42:25 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm not trying to judge you. We'll, maybe a little. Lets just say if a customer wanted to debase himself with that fucking awful engraving, if I were the manufacturer I'd probably reach for the "blem" shelf for that job.   You can't intentionally request the equivalent of bathroom stall graffiti on something AND be pissed that they didn't give you the most exquisite block of metal. They pegged you for a neckbeard or a thug, and you gave them reason to do so...
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:48:01 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You're right.  I thought it was "custom" in the sense that a tattoo is "custom" when you choose the particular logo for Calvin to piss on from the options on the wall.  Didn't realize the logo was infused with the awesomeness of the OP.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:48:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Can of tan and od spray paint will fix it.  Cover it up, build it, move on.  Lessons learned.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:50:08 PM EDT
[#41]
How many tap out shirts do you own OP
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:53:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Most retarded engraving ever

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 1:02:08 PM EDT
[#43]
ive been wanting a lower I could rattle can paint but my PSA blems are just to nice.
Ill give ya 50 bucks for it op. I wouldnt hesitate for a second to krylon the shit out that lower.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 1:03:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Never, ever buy anything that's custom machined without seeing a minimum of 3 years of their work.  And if the company isn't 3 years old, wait until it is.

The sole example might be a group of machinists from one company splitting off and forming their own company, but even then I'd want to see a years worth of their work.

And always check their financials if possible.

And really, "This shit will fuck you up"?  With a skull and crossbones?  Really?  I'd be embarrassed to take that out in public even if it was perfectly machined.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 1:03:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
That lower is retarded and OP is a retard for spending money on it.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 1:08:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Looks to me that the anodizing might be too thin or something. If I were you I'd cerakote it over and begin again.

And because of that "rollmark".
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 1:10:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Is that rollmark engraved or just painted on?  If the latter, clean it up and go without a rollmark.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 1:11:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
OP, you got a deal with it coin and a patience gift.

What moar do ewe want?

Shadow Ops Deal Coins are going to be professionally minted "challenge" coins with a secret anti-counterfeiting measure, so we know they are genuine. These coins are earned by purchasing a 100% lower with us, then used to cash in on great Shadow Ops deals, but for right now, they are still virtual and marked in a deal coin registry database as earned or used.
If you already have one of our lowers, you will receive one when they are minted or you can use them with your order number for the deal. You will be able to sell or trade coins to others and they will act as a currency in the future.
Currently our "Deal Coins" are virtual. We will give you a coupon code for the usage of the coin and mark it off as USED in our registry. Once it is USED, you cannot use it again.
If we were 6 months late in delivering your lower, you get a patience gift. This is not an additional deal coin but is an additional discount gift for full weapon systems that will save you $200-500 off of silencers or full weapon systems. In essesnce, making your lower receiver free in the end.

View Quote

My head hurts reading that...
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 1:17:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
All billets have tooling marks even if you sandblast and anodized the crap out of it you can still see them if you look hard enough

View Quote

Tooling marks aren't obligatory. With the correct tooling, technique and/or post machining finishing you could get it to a mirror finish if you were so inclined.

I happen to think that, correctly done, tooling marks are somewhat attractive. I mean, if you're going through the trouble of a billet lower it might as well look like a billet lower, right? The trick to that is finding the right combination of tool diameter, stepover and tool path. In this case it looks like they just ran over that flat with the biggest end mill they could find with a huge step-over.

If I had to guess the shop was in a rush and was trying to cut corners. They didn't run all their finishing ops, so what you're seeing is the tool marks from a roughing pass. They probably intended to have a finishing op that would clean that up, but for whatever reason opted not to run it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 1:21:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Tooling marks aren't obligatory. With the correct tooling, technique and/or post machining finishing you could get it to a mirror finish if you were so inclined.

I happen to think that, correctly done, tooling marks are somewhat attractive. I mean, if you're going through the trouble of a billet lower it might as well look like a billet lower, right? The trick to that is finding the right combination of tool diameter, stepover and tool path. In this case it looks like they just ran over that flat with the biggest end mill they could find with a huge step-over.

If I had to guess the shop was in a rush and was trying to cut corners. They didn't run all their finishing ops, so what you're seeing is the tool marks from a roughing pass. They probably intended to have a finishing op that would clean that up, but for whatever reason opted not to run it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Time and cost...machines and tooling for that mirror finish cost a lot more to achieve.

ETA: I wanted to clarify that by mirror I am talking about no marks at all...you can get a very shiny reflective finish fairly easily but the tooling marks will still be there.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top