Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 4:53:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad you had fun.!
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 6:27:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Each strap is rated at 3k lbs. The car weighs about 2k. The winch is still attached. It's fine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Op glad you did that for your wife and that she like it Now please do everyone on the road a favor and get some DOT rated straps for hauling that car on a trailer. If those cheap ass straps you are using break and cause's an accident you could kill or injury someone.

Each strap is rated at 3k lbs. The car weighs about 2k. The winch is still attached. It's fine.

Rated by who and to what standards? Also if those straps brake that winch  wont mean shit. Don't be one of those people that endangers everyone by hauling shit down the road with cheap tie downs. If something happen and you cause an accident with injuries or death you will be sorry. I don't know about your state but in NC that would get you pulled over written ticket and put out of service until your tie down equipment meets DOT standards. I have seen more loads shift or fall off a trailer and cause an accident because someone use shit chains and straps. Ideally you should use DOT approve 5 1/6 transport chain and body hooks along with ratchet binder so that you don't have a problem of the straps being rubbed or cut into by the car while going down the road. Just some friendly advice that wont cost you anything other than the price of the correct equipment but using the wrong stuff can and will cost you dearly one of these days.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 6:41:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I've posted before, but I'm nice so...

This is the same face she gave me when she asked me for a derby car

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Mav52/media/wifey2_zpsd0e47f2d.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/Mav52/wifey2_zpsd0e47f2d.jpg</a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Mav52/media/wifey_zps4a976965.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/Mav52/wifey_zps4a976965.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
rules brah

I've posted before, but I'm nice so...

This is the same face she gave me when she asked me for a derby car

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Mav52/media/wifey2_zpsd0e47f2d.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/Mav52/wifey2_zpsd0e47f2d.jpg</a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Mav52/media/wifey_zps4a976965.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/Mav52/wifey_zps4a976965.jpg</a>

God I hate that face in the first pic. Mine has THE EXACT SAME ONE. Means I'm going to have to do something I dont want to do, or buy something I dont want to buy.

Its funny tho cuz when I try it in bed at night it rarely ever works

Eta: seems like you have a really really cool lady op.  You are a lucky man well done sir
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 8:54:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I pulled the rad out tonight, didn't see any obvious leaks but I'll check it on the bench. I'm assuming it's toast. I'm more concerned about why it would just rev last night and not move. Today on jack stands the wheels were spinning, but I didn't run it very long since the rad and belt were off.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 9:29:37 PM EDT
[#5]
If I wasn't up north by my folks this weekend that would have been fun to watch. I dont live all that far from Jefferson.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 9:37:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Good choice, they want 4cyl, fwd cars for this. There is a rwd class but they run with the trucks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gonna build one next year out of a crown Vic interceptor model.

Good choice, they want 4cyl, fwd cars for this. There is a rwd class but they run with the trucks.

car vs truck demo derby =   sounds dangerous

Edit I didn't read  OP cool man ...  if the radiator can be relocated within the rules thats where it is man

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 9:41:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Dude, your wife is awesome.

Give her a fistbump for me.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 9:49:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Op glad you did that for your wife and that she like it Now please do everyone on the road a favor and get some DOT rated straps for hauling that car on a trailer. If those cheap ass straps you are using break and cause's an accident you could kill or injury someone.

Lol
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 9:56:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Gonna build one next year out of a crown Vic interceptor model.
View Quote

Old Crown Vics are some of the very best V8 Enduro cars at the two local tracks I work for

The old police interceptors are best of all.

Those things can take a beating. A couple of weeks ago some knucklehead managed to roll one on the track. We got it back on its wheels with the wrecker, and I'll be damned the thing started right back up. It belched enough white smoke while burning off oil to make half of the track vanish for a couple of minutes, but it competed in the next race

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:10:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I didn't see any rules against it. This is less of a actual demo derby and more of circle track racing with silly gimmicks and bumping encouraged. An example of one of the races is having to do a donut on each straight as you go around, doesn't matter where, just have to do one. That gets dicey FAST lol. They do more also. Trailer races, chain two cars together at the rear bumpers, reverse race, ect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can you put the radiator up on the roof like they used to do in the '60s?

I didn't see any rules against it. This is less of a actual demo derby and more of circle track racing with silly gimmicks and bumping encouraged. An example of one of the races is having to do a donut on each straight as you go around, doesn't matter where, just have to do one. That gets dicey FAST lol. They do more also. Trailer races, chain two cars together at the rear bumpers, reverse race, ect.

We do a flagpole race every week at one of my tracks. It's ... chaos

They used to do a figure eight race too, but too many people were getting hurt.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:25:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Glitter Hitter
View Quote

Exactly what I was thinking. That is awesome.

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:13:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Got under the car today and poked around.

Was able to pull the inspection plate off by the flywheel, which is where it's leaking trans fluid, and there was a bunch of clutch material in there. The brake fluid reservoir was empty also, and it looks like the clutch's master/slave cylinders run off that. So that explains why she lost her brakes as well. I'm guessing she was beating up the clutch pretty good all night(and it probably wasn't great to begin with) and the clutch finally shredded and the excess heat blew the seals on the slave cylinder.

In other news, the exhaust was cracked badly right past the cat, so i took the sawzall and chopped it off right at the end of the cat. I also removed the AC compressor and some of the AC lines.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:22:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top