Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 6:42:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't forget for a minute that this is also calculated to drum up support for abortion Barbie.

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 7:30:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So now vetoing a funding bill rises to the level of criminality? That's one of the most ludicrous things I've ever heard.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Perry claimed that as a DUI convicted DA, and given her behavior upon arrest, she had no business heading the Public Integrity Office which has a state wide purview.

Many people called for her to resign including some democrats. She refused so he vetoed funding for the office.

So now vetoing a funding bill rises to the level of criminality? That's one of the most ludicrous things I've ever heard.

Regardless of the details of this particular case, it's actually not that unprecedented to treat such a thing that way in Anglo-American political history.  It is a principle predating our Founding that a legitimately held power can arise to a criminal level if abused in a manner not intended by those who granted or acceded to the power.  A good example is King James II, who had the power of suspension and the power of dispensation.  He used them to essentially get around the sanctions placed on Catholics by the English Parliament and even though technically his acts were in accordance with the powers he constitutionally held, it was considered an abuse of power because the intent had never been for the King to be able to exercise those powers in such a fashion.  The result was the militia rising up against his authority in the metropolitan UK and in the colonies and ultimately overthrowing him, replacing him with William of Orange.

In this case, I suppose it would come down to whether or not the Governor was ever meant to be able to use the veto in this manner.  IMO having a written constitution makes the case against him more difficult to make in a way, but of course one can still look to the intent of the framers of the relevant provisions of the Texan constitution.  An abuse of power could probably be considered grounds for impeachment, but I suppose it would depend on the laws in Texas whether or not such an abuse would rise to a criminal level.

Personally, I think this is just a political ploy and that they don't really have much of a case against him, but nevertheless, this sort of response is not unprecedented.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 7:32:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

What a fucking joke.

View Quote
T

H

I

S
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 7:38:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Can you spell: Integrity?

What a royal cunt. Likely a Royale with cheese
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 7:47:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Can you spell: Integrity?

What a royal cunt. Likely a Royale with cheese
View Quote

She can spell Democrat and lesbian. That's all that matters in Travis county.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 7:52:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 7:57:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Wow. They are trying to derail his presidential run.
View Quote

I'd love to see him run for President.

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 7:58:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Without a doubt.

Nothing will ultimately come of this other than mud to be slung.

Eta.. and to give abortion Barbie a perceived edge against Greg Abbott.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 8:02:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

How Lehmberg has not been disbarred is beyond comprehension.
View Quote

I've never heard of an attorney being disbarred for a single DUI.   That would be very unusual.   All you have to say is "I have a drug and/or alcohol problem" and shazamm, treatment instead of punishment.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 8:03:50 PM EDT
[#10]
What. The. Fuck.

I'm going to take a wild guess before reading all 4 pages that the prosecutor was a democrat? They really don't like being called out. But holy fuck, the shooting war is one step closer to starting now. This is fucking INSANE.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 8:16:47 PM EDT
[#11]
This made Perry go up in my view.  A politician that actually took a stand against bad behavior with someone in her position.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 8:40:58 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

Prepare for the Streisand Effect.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 8:57:21 PM EDT
[#13]
They probably got their orders from Holder and Obama in Washington DC to do this.  The Dems are trying to take out all threats to themselves in 2016 systemically.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 9:00:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 12:50:48 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I sent him a house payment last time.

View Quote

Why does Rick Perry own your home mortgage?

Link Posted: 8/16/2014 1:51:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Perry will have no choice but to play this up as part of what is wrong with our country and democrats in general. I say take the gloves off and fight like hell. Go Rick!
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 2:07:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Ham sandwich.

Prosecutors will toss it (I hope.)
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 2:09:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Fuck.  I buy 2-3 gallons a week.  Better start paying cash.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The prosecutor got her credit card records and showed that she was buying 3 - 4 liters of vodka a week, each one at a different liquor store. Never the same stores in the same week. Tito's IIRC.

Fuck.  I buy 2-3 gallons a week.  Better start paying cash.

Yep.  I've been doing that for a while. What with Obamacare liable to dig through your receipts for unhealthy practices...
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 2:27:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
That's called hardball Texas politics folks. Who stands to gain?
View Quote

True and I see it as a sign that the demorats are trying to do something so they can come in a put some demorat in office. That would able them to have a better chance of turning Texas blue which what these demorats want so bad they can't stand it. Yes that one Austin should have resigned after getting a DUI and showing her ass like she did.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 3:41:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Ham sandwich.

Prosecutors will toss it (I hope.)
View Quote

Dude ......

Grand Juries do not indict anyone by their own doing.

Prosecutors GOT the indictment because Prosecutors WANT the indictment.

Why would they throw out something they sought and aggressively went after.

ETA: Perry is the Governor ... he should just write him self a Pardon and publicly proclaim .... FBHO !!!!!!!

Link Posted: 8/16/2014 3:54:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 3:59:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I'm wondering if that is the true purpose of this indictment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So does this mean he ISN'T going to be able to send The State Guard to the border?

I'm wondering if that is the true purpose of this indictment.

We have a winner.

No doubt this was orchestrated from way way up on a hill out East.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 4:13:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Typical Democrat tactic: If you can't stand toe to toe with your opponent on the issues, do whatever you need to do to destroy them.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 4:21:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

And every time they pull that shit he should play the video of Lemburgh. Have handouts of they Lakeway police officers testimony to distribute.

It's never mentioned that the night she was arrested she did collide with another car on 620. Minor damage, but still a hit and run. They sent that down the memory hole right away. I assume the victim was quietly paid off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This reminds me of that abuse of power bullshit they tried to pull in Sarah Palin, only they were able to actually indict Perry.

They're really stretching, but no matter which way this case goes they are guaranteed to win. Conviction or no, the smear is on.

I can hear the media loudmouths now;

"Governor Perry asked this fat, ugly whore to resign over a DUI case? Why isn't he resigning over a major government corruption case? Should he stay in office after this? Surely Governor Rick Perry's abuse of official power is a bigger deal than having a couple drinks on a Saturday night!"

Fucking cock-roaches!

And every time they pull that shit he should play the video of Lemburgh. Have handouts of they Lakeway police officers testimony to distribute.

It's never mentioned that the night she was arrested she did collide with another car on 620. Minor damage, but still a hit and run. They sent that down the memory hole right away. I assume the victim was quietly paid off.

Actually, it was a Travis County deputy. The footage is out there. His SGT and LT were there, too. Can't imagine calling that one in.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 4:40:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 4:41:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Media not even reporting why funding was vetoed. Lol
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 4:45:19 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Guilty!  

She's arrested with a blood alcohol level of ~.25, and gives the arresting officers a hard time.  Hmmm... what's not to love about her?  

Link Posted: 8/16/2014 4:51:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I've never heard of an attorney being disbarred for a single DUI.   That would be very unusual.   All you have to say is "I have a drug and/or alcohol problem" and shazamm, treatment instead of punishment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit we have a scum bag here that has a couple of assault convictions, lost some NFA weapons because he forgot them on his back seat, served some jail time and yet they reinstated his law license after all this shit.  And now to top it off he has some pending statutory rape charges.

Yeah lawyers are just as bad the thin blue line crowd about covering each others asses but no one here will call them on it.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 4:52:32 AM EDT
[#29]
After 2 yrs of msm coverage of this Perry won't be able to get more 35% of the vote in a national election. Don't know who I blame more, the msm or uninformed voters
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 5:01:13 AM EDT
[#30]
So here's what we have.

Travis Co. DA DUI. .23 BAC
Convicted.
Calls for her resignation ignored.
Govn'r tries to force her out by withholding state funding.
Travis Co DA's office retaliates by indicting Perry.

At issue here: does the Gov. have authority to withhold funding to force a resignation?
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 5:05:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Hanging everybody on the grand jury might be an abuse of power but probably not.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 5:19:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
So here's what we have.

Convicted.

At issue here: does the Gov. have authority to withhold funding to force a resignation?
View Quote

This.  This is the bottom line.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 5:32:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 5:36:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
So here's what we have.

Convicted.

View Quote

He chose to withhold funding, because it was not ethical to pay for the criminal to lead a "public integrity" unit.

Would you fund such a thing?
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 5:47:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 5:52:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

He chose to withhold funding, because it was not ethical to pay for the criminal to lead a "public integrity" unit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So here's what we have.

Convicted.

Unfortunately, doing the right thing isn't always legal.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 5:55:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 5:59:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So here's what we have.

Convicted.

In this case, the governor will prevail.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 6:00:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 6:00:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Yep. Local news reporting it.

View Quote

news? no
agenda? si
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 6:01:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 6:02:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 6:02:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, in Texas attorneys get one free DUI.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 6:03:29 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I believe you are correct.

But, of course, the Democrats don't care, as the damage to his Presidential run will be done.  That's what this is really about.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But, of course, the Democrats don't care, as the damage to his Presidential run will be done.  That's what this is really about.

Yep.

Politics suck.  Dirty politics... I can't think of much worse.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 6:04:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 6:05:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted from another forum.  

on one hand, the indictment will leave a mark.  the Democrats, after 20 years of scouring, finally have put a dint in his squaky clean image.   On the other hand, this prosecutor, the head of the state public integrity unit that investigates and prosecutes ALL state & federal elected officials, was rather flagrantly guilty of DWI.   And the incident in question was not her first brush with the breathalyzer, if you know what I mean....

I suspect it may go no further.   The Democrats have paid Perry back (with an indictment.)   From this point forward, the facts will tend to make Perry look like a good guy.   No question he used his office to lean on the fence.  He maybe even got partly across the fence.  But it wasn't to steal any fruit.  It was to run the cow out of the garden.  Hard to imagine he would get convicted of using his office to pressure the resignation of someone who was manifestly unfit for office.

here's a video taken by police while she was being booked:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7y7oJ266qI&feature=youtu.be

TV news story containing additional jail footage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF9WGKnhXdE

and the dash cam at time of arrest:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrxsCH_p1oc
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 6:05:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Travis Co. is a lefty stronghold that rivals most anything you'll find on the Left Coast or in the Northeast.

The Travis Co. D.A.'s office has a history of political prosecutions of Republicans. In the past they've tried it with former U.S. Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison, and former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay. The D.A. had to shop multiple grand juries before he found one that would indict DeLay. Delay's conviction was overturned and he was later acquitted. However, the Dems achieved their goal of getting DeLay, known as the "Hammer", out of office. The case against Hutchison was thrown out by a judge before it even went to trial.

Google Travis County District Attorney Rosemary Lehmberg to see what a piece of "work" she is.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 6:14:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But will it really?  Might it not, perhaps, bolster his base into voting for him to show the Libs that their tactics don't work?
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 6:16:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 6:17:21 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Don't forget for a minute that this is also calculated to drum up support for abortion Barbie.

View Quote
????

Is Perry running for governor again?
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top