Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 7/26/2014 4:49:56 PM EDT

It's about 94 here today. I took my dag with me to run some errands and stopped at a dollar store to pick up some trash bags.

I was inside like 3 or 4 minutes total and came out of the store to find some crazy bitch trying to open the drivers door on my Denali. I asked her if I could help her as I had the key to unlock the door.

She started yelling about how I should be locked up for leaving my dag in a truck with the windows rolled up on a hot day and how he could die in there.

I said, "Maybe if you paid a little more attention...you'd realize the god-damned engine is running and the air conditioning is set at 60 degrees! Now get away from my truck..."

She stormed off into the store muttering something about 'it's still dangerous'...

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 4:51:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
It's about 94 here today. I took my dag with me to run some errands and stopped at a dollar store to pick up some trash bags.

I was inside like 3 or 4 minutes total and came out of the store to find some crazy bitch trying to open the drivers door on my Denali. I asked her if I could help her as I had the key to unlock the door.

She started yelling about how I should be locked up for leaving my dag in a truck with the windows rolled up on a hot day and how he could die in there.

I said, "Maybe if you paid a little more attention...you'd realize the god-damned engine is running and the air conditioning is set at 60 degrees! Now get away from my truck..."

She stormed off into the store muttering something about 'it's still dangerous'...

View Quote

How much you wanna bet she votes Dem?
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 4:51:49 PM EDT
[#2]
CSB?  Still, good job in chasing off a libtard.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 4:51:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 4:53:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I leave my 5 Y.O. in the truck with the dog if I have to go inside.
She knows I love my dog and makes sure he doesn't get too hot.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 4:54:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, dangerous.
Like he could have hit it in drive or something.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 4:54:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Denali?

Check your privilege!
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 4:56:33 PM EDT
[#7]
As long as you had the A/C on I have no issue with this.

I have an issue when I go to get breakfast and it is in the 80s and I see a dog in the car with the windows cracked. I fucking went inside and announced loudly if they didn't get their ass out there the cops WOULD be coming.

I don't understand why people insist on taking their dog places and leave them in the car for extended periods of time. 10 minutes max. And you better have the fucking air on during hot days.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 4:57:57 PM EDT
[#8]
K9 dogs have died when the a/c malfunctioned and quit cooling.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 4:58:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
In 4 minutes? Get away from my truck....

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:00:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same here, dogs don't know how to even crack a window.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:03:42 PM EDT
[#11]
I fucking hate these types of people.

There's a dog store in mini mall I go to. Well I was parked about 30 feet away from the dog store in front of a grocery store. I get out of my car and my dag is sitting enjoying life in the passenger side seat, licking the windows all short bus retarded like. No quicker than I am out of the drivers side door and walking behind my car to the passenger side door some old hag yells at me "You're not going to leave your dog in there are you?" in a bitchy demeaning tone. I was caught off guard cause I didn't see this old wrinkly fucking cunt. So I said no and kept walking to the passenger door to bring her into the dog store.

My blood was fucking boiling by the time I realized I acted like a little bitch and should of told this old cunt to fuck off.
Yes I am really angry over this whole ordeal. People need to mind their own fucking business.

[/rage]
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:07:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:09:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

There's a dog store in mini mall I go to. Well I was parked about 30 feet away from the dog store in front of a grocery store. I get out of my car and my dag is sitting enjoying life in the passenger side seat, licking the windows all short bus retarded like. No quicker than I am out of the drivers side door and walking behind my car to the passenger side door some old hag yells at me "You're not going to leave your dog in there are you?" in a bitchy demeaning tone. I was caught off guard cause I didn't see this old wrinkly fucking cunt. So I said no and kept walking to the passenger door to bring her into the dog store.

My blood was fucking boiling by the time I realized I acted like a little bitch and should of told this old cunt to fuck off.
Yes I am really angry over this whole ordeal. People need to mind their own fucking business.

[/rage]
View Quote

There are people who leave kids and dogs in their cars resulting in their deaths.  Perhaps you should have thanked her for her concern.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:10:41 PM EDT
[#14]
You didn't deliver a swift kick to her cunt????

Fail OP.....fail.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:11:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Leaving the engine running and a/c on - I would have no problem.  Otherwise, I would have no problem breaking the window - I don't know if it's been 4 minutes or 40. Stupid hurts.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:13:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Funny I didn't see any concerned libtards when we were in the desert and the a/c flaked out on our 1114's.

Dogs are people yo.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:13:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Its 90+.....here.80% + humidity ....if I even flinch like I'm going outside my assuie is outside ....and will pant and bark and beg to get in my truck ....me...ill tell her its to damn hot....
I leave mine in the truck with the wife and 8 ye old...it could be 185 f out and that damn hyperactive dog would run herself to death.and love every damn Minutes. Of it..

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:14:48 PM EDT
[#18]
My dog loves riding in the truck, so I take her with me on short trips. If I'll be more than 5 minutes, I leave it running with the ac on. I have yet to be confronted by anyone, and hope I never am.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:16:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:16:09 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm dissappointed she didn't then yell at your for burning excess gas and ruining the environment!
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:18:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.
My daughter will call crying saying it's too hot.
I go out and lower the windows another inch.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:19:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I have an issue when I go to get breakfast and it is in the 80s and I see a dog in the car with the windows cracked. I fucking went inside and announced loudly if they didn't get their ass out there the cops WOULD be coming.

I don't understand why people insist on taking their dog places and leave them in the car for extended periods of time. 10 minutes max. And you better have the fucking air on during hot days.
View Quote

I used to take my dog to work with me to protect my truck.

Even on hot days I would leave every window wide open and tell him to stay his ass in there. He would sit right there and keep an eye on everything for me all day.

I did make it a point to park in the shade for him though, but when we went to lunch or something he would be right in the open.

I did have a crazy lady tell me one day that he was too cold in the truck and going to freeze to death. It was zero out and we were pumping concrete, I was in and out of the house all day doing my best to catch pneumonia, and I was turning on the heat for him every hour. Some crazy lady waited for me and starting yelling. I asked her if she could see the snow melting when it hit the windshield or the fact he was sound asleep on the seat. Then told her that he was having a far warmer day than I was and to get fucked.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:19:34 PM EDT
[#23]
K-9 VEHICLE HEAT ALARM SYSTEMS
can and will be the NEXT thing in passenger cars.

open doors / and or Windows go down auto control tied to the inside temp...

http://projectpawsalive.org/the-equipment/k-9-heat-alarms-for-k-9-unit-vehicles/
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:20:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Stupid cunt should mind her own business.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:21:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Even on hot days I would leave every window wide open and tell him to stay his ass in there. He would sit right there and keep an eye on everything for me all day.

I did make it a point to park in the shade for him though, but when we went to lunch or something he would be right in the open.

I did have a crazy lady tell me one day that he was too cold in the truck and going to freeze to death. It was zero out and we were pumping concrete, I was in and out of the house all day doing my best to catch pneumonia, and I was turning on the heat for him every hour. Some crazy lady waited for me and starting yelling. I asked her if she could see the snow melting when it hit the windshield or the fact he was sound asleep on the seat. Then told her that he was having a far warmer day than I was and to get fucked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Windows wide open and in the shade is different than cracked. That being said the dog could still overheat. I hope you gave him water too.

And what did your truck need protection from?
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:23:05 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote

We have a gm truck at work with only 6000 miles on it and the ac failed a couple weeks ago

6000 miles

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:23:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

[/rage]
View Quote

If that is all it takes to make your blood boil, maybe some time with a counselor would help.....

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:24:20 PM EDT
[#28]
why bring the dog to the store in the first place?

leave his ass at home so he can do the scoot on your favorite rug
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:24:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Not that I care but, it's against the law to leave a car running in Texas if it's unattended.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:26:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Not that I care but, it's against the law to leave a car running in Texas if it's unattended.
View Quote

Gay ass law.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:27:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Gay ass law.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gay ass law.

They are Legion.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:27:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

If that is all it takes to make your blood boil, maybe some time with a counselor would help.....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

[/rage]

I should have looked a 14'r & a Masshole............

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:28:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Windows wide open and in the shade is different than cracked. That being said the dog could still overheat. I hope you gave him water too.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thieves, if anyone tried to get into the back or into the cab he would have gotten bitey.

I always would let him out and give him water every hour. I like my dogs more than most people, and they love to have a job to do.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:28:28 PM EDT
[#34]
I take my arf dog with me a lot , she does not care about heat and loves to go and eats my blinds when left home. I have found a moonbat as well. .A go fuck yourself is always in order .
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:29:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
My dog loves riding in the truck, so I take her with me on short trips. If I'll be more than 5 minutes, I leave it running with the ac on. I have yet to be confronted by anyone, and hope I never am.
View Quote

Except kids and dogs are dying down here.  Enough shithead parents and owners that gives justifiable concern.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:30:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Next time charge her with auto-tampering.  That's how I nabbed a gas thief who hadn't gotten a drop (he had unhooked the filler hose and had rubber hose beneath the vehicle.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:30:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Parked with the AC on my truck exhaust gets too hot, sometimes the engine overheats.  Some have gone up in flames.  I have had to leave a disabled person or a pet in the running truck with AC during a quick run inside but I'm not happy about it when I do it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:30:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

What about a remote start system or a timed cool down system?

Here my remote start is an exception to that law, because touching the brake or other controls kills the engine.....

You can't jump in it & drive off, cause the key is in my pocket.......

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:33:40 PM EDT
[#39]
If ol Fearless the Adventure Hound is with me, I leave the vehicle running and AC on full.
I carry extra keys in each vehicle that will only open the doors.
If somebody bitches, I`ll thank them for their concern, and point out how comfortable and
happy the dog is.
Beyond that, they can piss off.

Each vehicle has a stash key in case i screw up and don`t tale the opener key with me.
South GA in the summer? No way my dog will suffer.

scruff

ETA we take ice water everywhere, and dog bowls.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:34:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Except kids and dogs are dying down here.  Enough shithead parents and owners that gives justifiable concern.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much, honestly if I saw a dog in a car with the windows up I would certainly be evaluating the situation. Unlike your lady who didn't hear the engine on or see the AC dripping. If I saw that I would probably just look in and see if the dog seemed okay, then go about my day.

If I saw a car off, windows up and a panting dog on a hot day, then I would get smashy with the windows for sure. Just because you are a retard doesn't mean your dog needs to suffer for it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:34:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Parked with the AC on my truck exhaust gets too hot, sometimes the engine overheats.  Some have gone up in flames.  I have had to leave a disabled person or a pet in the running truck with AC during a quick run inside but I'm not happy about it when I do it.
View Quote

That seems like a serious manufacturing flaw.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:34:53 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View Quote

I'm not currently in Texas. I'm working out of state.

In Texas...with the key out of the ignition and the doors locked...I've never had a cop say anything. As evidenced in my original post...it's damned hard to even tell the engine is running.

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:35:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

I guess you're in real trouble if there's an accident & you're stuck in traffic that's not moving.......

I can understand with a air-cooled motorcycle.. but a car/truck should be able to safely idle for hours.....

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:35:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Cops will break your window, animal control will get the dog and you'll get a fine for cruelty if you do that in Texas now a days. After seeing dead pets and kids I don't blame them.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:37:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, a Recall type of thing....... You'd think the Feds would be all over it..........
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:38:33 PM EDT
[#46]
I had a 95# GSD that I used to take with me everywhere. I'd roll all 4 windows down all the way.

Never a problem.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:40:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Stupid hurts.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:47:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What if I'm okay with the children of stupid parents expiring?
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:49:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Harsh.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:52:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Huntin' over bait, again, I see.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top