Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:53:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Hot dog in a locked car, myob. A kid locked in a hot car, and I'll act for the safety of the child and the prosecution of the parent. Being how your dog wasn't hot, I couldn't care less.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:56:48 PM EDT
[#2]
outstanding!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:05:19 PM EDT
[#3]
She was mad because you call your dog a "dag".
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:06:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
K-9 VEHICLE HEAT ALARM SYSTEMS
can and will be the NEXT thing in passenger cars.

open doors / and or Windows go down auto control tied to the inside temp...

http://projectpawsalive.org/the-equipment/k-9-heat-alarms-for-k-9-unit-vehicles/
View Quote

It'll make for a nice lawsuit when a police dog is released and bites somebody.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:07:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Parked with the AC on my truck exhaust gets too hot, sometimes the engine overheats.  Some have gone up in flames.  I have had to leave a disabled person or a pet in the running truck with AC during a quick run inside but I'm not happy about it when I do it.
View Quote

Thats got lemon and/or manufacturer recall written all over it
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:08:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Parked with the AC on my truck exhaust gets too hot, sometimes the engine overheats.  Some have gone up in flames.  I have had to leave a disabled person or a pet in the running truck with AC during a quick run inside but I'm not happy about it when I do it.
View Quote

I wouldn't drive or ride in something I was that scared of.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:10:26 PM EDT
[#7]
lololol what a moron
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:10:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Harsh.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My dog loves riding in the truck, so I take her with me on short trips. If I'll be more than 5 minutes, I leave it running with the ac on. I have yet to be confronted by anyone, and hope I never am.

Except kids and dogs are dying down here.  Enough shithead parents and owners that gives justifiable concern.

What if I'm okay with the children of stupid parents expiring?

Harsh.

I just don't want that child's future kids to suffer. I clearly care about more children than you do.

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:15:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I left my dag in the car with the engine running and the air on.

Somebody opened the door. I don't know why. To steal it ?  Or were they some do-Gooder asshole ?

Long story short, my dog tore them to ribbons

When I came back, the door was open, there was blood all over zee place and Cutsie was taking a nap.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:20:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm not currently in Texas. I'm working out of state.

In Texas...with the key out of the ignition and the doors locked...I've never had a cop say anything. As evidenced in my original post...it's damned hard to even tell the engine is running.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not that I care but, it's against the law to leave a car running in Texas if it's unattended.
I'm not currently in Texas. I'm working out of state.

In Texas...with the key out of the ignition and the doors locked...I've never had a cop say anything. As evidenced in my original post...it's damned hard to even tell the engine is running.

I was pointing the fact that it's against the law, not arguing about the odds of you being cited.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:24:56 PM EDT
[#11]
I had 3 dykes in a Jeep flip me off today. Wonder how they voted.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:26:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm more curious about what you did to attract their attention and then what you did to win so much of their confidence that they disclosed their sexual orientation to you .... while driving.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:27:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

What about a remote start system or a timed cool down system?

Here my remote start is an exception to that law, because touching the brake or other controls kills the engine.....

You can't jump in it & drive off, cause the key is in my pocket.......

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not that I care but, it's against the law to leave a car running in Texas if it's unattended.

Here my remote start is an exception to that law, because touching the brake or other controls kills the engine.....

Don't remote start turn off after a time period ?
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:28:59 PM EDT
[#14]
I bet she votes Dem and doesn't shave down south.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:32:23 PM EDT
[#15]
crazy folk will smash the windows out in your car in some places.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:32:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sec. 545.404.  UNATTENDED MOTOR VEHICLE.  An operator may not leave the vehicle unattended without:

(1)  stopping the engine;

(2)  locking the ignition;

(3)  removing the key from the ignition;

(4)  setting the parking brake effectively;  and

(5)  if standing on a grade, turning the front wheels to the curb or side of the highway.

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:33:56 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I'm more curious about what you did to attract their attention and then what you did to win so much of their confidence that they disclosed their sexual orientation to you .... while driving.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

there was an accident on the highway. everyone had to merge into one lane and was taking turns, yanno like nice normal drivers in that kind of situation. Muncher was riding up on the guy infront of her the entire time, not letting anyone over. I decided that I was going to go infront of her anyway. After we cleared it she flipped me off. My wife said to me, she must be a dyke.

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:37:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Happy dog in air conditioned car, no problem.
Happy dog in shut off car on a cool day or windows down, no problem.

Suffering dog in a hot, closed car, person will be missing a window or two and have the cops to contend with.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:38:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Leaving the engine running and a/c on - I would have no problem.  Otherwise, I would have no problem breaking the window - I don't know if it's been 4 minutes or 40. Stupid hurts.
View Quote

Hope you enjoy your charges.
Dogs are not people.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:43:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Dogs are not people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Leaving the engine running and a/c on - I would have no problem.  Otherwise, I would have no problem breaking the window - I don't know if it's been 4 minutes or 40. Stupid hurts.

Dogs are not people.

Break glass, run like hell.

Like was said above, 90% of the time there is no problem, especially up here in the land of never ending winter.

Middle of summer with the windows up or mostly up, there is a problem.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:43:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It's about 94 here today. I took my dag with me to run some errands and stopped at a dollar store to pick up some trash bags.

I was inside like 3 or 4 minutes total and came out of the store to find some crazy bitch trying to open the drivers door on my Denali. I asked her if I could help her as I had the key to unlock the door.

She started yelling about how I should be locked up for leaving my dag in a truck with the windows rolled up on a hot day and how he could die in there.

I said, "Maybe if you paid a little more attention...you'd realize the god-damned engine is running and the air conditioning is set at 60 degrees! Now get away from my truck..."

She stormed off into the store muttering something about 'it's still dangerous'...

View Quote

Nm
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:51:01 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm not damaging any part of a vehicle for a dog, or cat for that matter.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:52:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Local State Park had one of their Ranger's write a summons today for leaving a dog in a car unattended.

IIRC, the only applicable MI law would fall under "animal cruelty" and is a misdemeanor at minimum.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:55:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Not so long ago a cop left his patrol dog in a patrol car with engine running. Dog died because a/c failed. I know your situation was different but shit happens man
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:58:53 PM EDT
[#25]
I was driving cross country with my brother and his girl in tow when we stopped at some gas station off of I40 in Tennessee. Some lady comes running in like someone just died outside asking everyone if they own the car with the dog inside. My brothers girlfriend says its here car and the lady flips her lid on her calling her a dog murderer and the likes. She then pulls our her cell phone to call the police on us when I yell across the station that the car and AC are on and that she needs to MYOB.
Crazy cat/dog people are crazy
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 7:15:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not worried if I am in it, I'm worried if someone else is in it without me.  Other than that, I don't have a lot of choice.  

Standing next to the doors, the exhaust heat coming from underneath is too much to stand there for long.  If it can spark a fire, who knows,   I'm just wary of it.  It bugs me more in the summer than it does in the winter.

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 7:26:27 PM EDT
[#27]
This might sound mildly horrible but I think a lot of people are like that are silly. I work at a furniture warehouse at which avg temp inside is 110-120 during the summer we have no fans no air con and we move furniture with nothing more than handtrucks for tools. Everything from lamps to 400-500 lb desks and doing that for 5-8 hours a day and unloading semi trailers which no loading docks.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 7:34:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

10 minutes... long enough for what the OP did..........

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 7:36:46 PM EDT
[#29]

I hope you left the radio on to his favorite channel as well....
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 7:37:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Dogs are not people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dogs are not people.

That depends on the State, some States treat it the same as leaving a Kid in a hot car............
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 7:41:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

We have a gm truck at work with only 6000 miles on it and the ac failed a couple weeks ago

6000 miles

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
K9 dogs have died when the a/c malfunctioned and quit cooling.

We have a gm truck at work with only 6000 miles on it and the ac failed a couple weeks ago

6000 miles

GM, enough said.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 7:46:13 PM EDT
[#32]
OP should have sighed loudly, taken the dog out of the car, tied it by  its' leash to the rear bumper and walked back inside.

And then followed the bint on her way home, passing her vehicle several miles later with the leash and frayed, dogless dragging behind his vehicle...
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 7:51:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It's about 94 here today. I took my dag with me to run some errands and stopped at a dollar store to pick up some trash bags.

I was inside like 3 or 4 minutes total and came out of the store to find some crazy bitch trying to open the drivers door on my Denali. I asked her if I could help her as I had the key to unlock the door.

She started yelling about how I should be locked up for leaving my dag in a truck with the windows rolled up on a hot day and how he could die in there.

I said, "Maybe if you paid a little more attention...you'd realize the god-damned engine is running and the air conditioning is set at 60 degrees! Now get away from my truck..."

She stormed off into the store muttering something about 'it's still dangerous'...

View Quote

Scary isn't it when shit like this happens and ya realize how well the general population "thinks"..........
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 7:53:21 PM EDT
[#34]
This is why the smart arfcommer always leaves a waifu pillow in the drivers seat
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 7:54:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Stupid cunt should mind her own business.
View Quote

Fuck yes she should.  Some bitch said she would break the window out of my moms car next time she saw a dog in it. I told her she would go to fucking jail. Best part? It was 65 degrees in the car
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:03:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Its also not enforced by the vast majority of police.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:03:50 PM EDT
[#37]
If it was a cat it might have ended up differently

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:08:58 PM EDT
[#38]

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:11:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Unless I was a fucking moron and "forgot" my son in the back seat, if I came out of a store to find someone breaking my car window because I had my dog in the car, I would COC them until I caught charges.  

For the record, the longest I've had my dog inside my car with the windows cracked was about 3 minutes.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:14:44 PM EDT
[#40]
I bet she saw one of those PSA adds with the kids locked inside a hot car and she wanted to be a hero.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:15:56 PM EDT
[#41]

Arfcom has gone full retard.  

Someone will be along shortly to tell you how dangerous and unacceptable this is.   Im guessing your dog isnt protected from direct sunlight and will get the skin cancer.   or could jump out after a small child and mull child to death.  There should be a law against your dog being in that unsecured vehicle.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:22:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

True... but the dog was attending it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:24:05 PM EDT
[#43]
I had some botch yell at a K9 officer for the same thing at my store. Engine running, a.c. on, temperature alarm on his belt. She was a real peice of work.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:28:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Someone will be along shortly to tell you how dangerous and unacceptable this is.   Im guessing your dog isnt protected from direct sunlight and will get the skin cancer.   or could jump out after a small child and mull child to death.  There should be a law against your dog being in that unsecured vehicle.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yep

Me thinks diversity....is overrated....
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:29:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Next time leave a sign in the window stating your dog is is not to be released as he will bite the living fuck out of anyone who tried to handle him.

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:30:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Dupe post......
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:34:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

6000 miles

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
K9 dogs have died when the a/c malfunctioned and quit cooling.

6000 miles

What else would you expect?
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:35:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yep

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep

diversity..is that what they call that  in komifornia now
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:38:16 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

OP should have sighed loudly, taken the dog out of the car, tied it by  its' leash to the rear bumper and walked back inside.

And then followed the bint on her way home, passing her vehicle several miles later with the leash and frayed, dogless dragging behind his vehicle...
View Quote
That is evil and funny at the same time!

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:39:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Dogs are not people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dogs are not people.

You're so tough.

It's 91 at dawn down here right now. Most people are bright enough to do what OP did, but we've still got dumbfucks baking kids & pets.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top