BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 79
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 4:33:20 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I figured... that would be a 200 round magazine or so...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd love to know just how in the hell that bottom rifle feeds... Holy shit, arfcommer's wet dream!
That has "artist concept" written all over it.

The actual way it fed, is the colt/ slidfire/ everyone else belt feed style I posted up earlier in the thread.

Feed chute.

Link Posted: 8/16/2014 4:55:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Feed chute.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd love to know just how in the hell that bottom rifle feeds... Holy shit, arfcommer's wet dream!
That has "artist concept" written all over it.

The actual way it fed, is the colt/ slidfire/ everyone else belt feed style I posted up earlier in the thread.

Feed chute.

I know. It's that it's erroneously in the mag well that I said that. I think a magwell belt would be nearly impossible to make work.

Link Posted: 8/16/2014 6:24:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Bored. Decided to ditch the optic for a while. I love this fucking gun...

Link Posted: 8/16/2014 8:01:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, that was fun.  

I think I'll get a bipod that attaches to the picatinny rail rather than clamps to the barrel.  Quite fun though I can't aim worth a crap with my hand on the receiver like that.  Definitely had a blast though.  

Link Posted: 8/16/2014 8:33:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Project guns will build one for $1350 or so,  DSA has a modernized one that goes for at least $2400 I think.  

PSA had a sale on RPKs that I missed for $500 a few weeks ago.  Atlantic has them in stock for $700, but I'm hoping another $500 sale will line up with a time when I have $500 of gun money to spend.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

RPD, what do they run?  Making a bumpfire stock might not cost as much as you think...  

Project guns will build one for $1350 or so,  DSA has a modernized one that goes for at least $2400 I think.  

PSA had a sale on RPKs that I missed for $500 a few weeks ago.  Atlantic has them in stock for $700, but I'm hoping another $500 sale will line up with a time when I have $500 of gun money to spend.  

I just came.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 8:48:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well, that was fun.  

http://youtu.be/r41HKLp0RdE

http://youtu.be/BbV7lu_sK6g

I think I'll get a bipod that attaches to the picatinny rail rather than clamps to the barrel.  Quite fun though I can't aim worth a crap with my hand on the receiver like that.  Definitely had a blast though.    
View Quote

Thw first burst in video number one was nicely paced.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 8:52:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i172/schkoot/Guns/20140816_150643_zpss958ltey.jpg
View Quote

Man I wish those Beta mags were worth a shit.

The Fostech should be here this week.

Link Posted: 8/16/2014 8:58:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i172/schkoot/Guns/20140816_150643_zpss958ltey.jpg

I sent my used MWG 90 round in to be fixed. I didn't try to get free work; instead I demanded they charge me since I got it for stupid cheap. ($60).

Apparently they are the real deal and actually function. They look like hammered ass on a regular carbine, but have a certain SAW/IAR charm on a bump-gun thing.

Link Posted: 8/16/2014 9:03:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well, that was fun.  

View Quote

Hey... Not bad! That thing was jumping around a lot... My guess it because it is way lighter than my AR setup and you were on a table. Now I can see why the RPK is so damn long! It keeps the recoil from lifting the front end...

You posted pics, right? I am going to put the video/pic in the OP. Which do you like better?

Edit:

Here is a video that gives people a good idea of how this thing works and hits accurately.

All the weight is to the rear of the bipod. My gun would hop around like that, too if not for the weight distribution.

My left hand is on the rear of the gun not only to push forward aim, but to keep the slide-action from binding up. When I used the slide fire it was a big deal. The Fostech will bind if I really lean on it, but using this position really eliminates the issue. You can get it to bump from any position, but you sacrifice accuracy if you want to do it another way. That's actually just like the SAW was, too.

Please ignore my fat.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 1:50:59 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Hey... Not bad! That thing was jumping around a lot... My guess it because it is way lighter than my AR setup and you were on a table. Now I can see why the RPK is so damn long! It keeps the recoil from lifting the front end...

You posted pics, right? I am going to put the video/pic in the OP. Which do you like better?

Edit:

Here is a video that gives people a good idea of how this thing works and hits accurately.

All the weight is to the rear of the bipod. My gun would hop around like that, too if not for the weight distribution.

My left hand is on the rear of the gun not only to push forward aim, but to keep the slide-action from binding up. When I used the slide fire it was a big deal. The Fostech will bind if I really lean on it, but using this position really eliminates the issue. You can get it to bump from any position, but you sacrifice accuracy if you want to do it another way. That's actually just like the SAW was, too.

Please ignore my fat.

http://youtu.be/3xOUI2zjv6U
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, that was fun.  

Edit:

Please ignore my fat.

http://youtu.be/3xOUI2zjv6U

It's probably a bit lighter and I'm not bracing very well on the table.  If I lean into it more and get a bipod that clamps to the rail I should improve quite a bit.  I'm also contemplating some sort of red dot for it since the placement of my left hand interferes with regular sights.  

I'm guessing the second video is probably better.  I'll have to get more.    

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 2:34:54 AM EDT
[#11]
What if we mount the bipod to a chassis that mounts to the stock?  Might have to go to a horizontal forward grip on the off-hand rail.  Bipod mount would be just in front of the magazine well.  The chassis would have to clear the safety and other controls on the lower, and the ejection port on the upper, but could also flow up from the bottom of the pistol grip and wrap around the bottom of the magazine well.  So, say from the stock forward down the left side, over the bolt hold open latch, then down under the magazine well in front of the pivot pin.  Also, from the bottom of the pistol grip forward, around the magazine well to the same location.  It would preclude a Redi-Mag or coupled magazines.

If we go to an upside down side-charger, this gets really easy.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:06:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Skillets and anyone else bumping, can we talk about methods and positions you use to lay the gun in?  Looking to shorten the learning curve on accuracy and function! When I do it I use the saw grip and use the meat of my hand centered on the ch.  I try to make sure the gun is at a natural zero in terms of height and elevation.  I don't  really lock my elbows in, but I try to use them to keep the natural point of aim.  I keep the stock firm in the shoulder.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:14:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 8:48:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Skillets and anyone else bumping, can we talk about methods and positions you use to lay the gun in?  Looking to shorten the learning curve on accuracy and function! When I do it I use the saw grip and use the meat of my hand centered on the ch.  I try to make sure the gun is at a natural zero in terms of height and elevation.  I don't  really lock my elbows in, but I try to use them to keep the natural point of aim.  I keep the stock firm in the shoulder.
View Quote

It sounds like you are on the right path. Let me just rattle off some bullet point advice and take what you want from it.

Job one of your non-trigger hand is to provide forward pressure to bump.
—Forward pressure should NOT be accomplished using your tricep; instead use your wrist or just the meat of your hand from a strong grip.
—If you have a Slide Fire, you can actually provide the forward pressure by grabbing the "angle struts" on the stock and placing your hand on the CH. Squeeze and it should run. (one of the ways SF is better than the Fostech).
—The Fostech is not as easy to do as the SF postition-wise, but it makes up for it in its smoothness.
—You CAN use your hand on the handguard or mag to bump. It works, (and is better when shooting downhill) but it can cause binding and a loss of control. This thing is like a firehose, let the weight of the gun hold the muzzle and let the slack in the bipod do all the work. The left hand is the most important hand here in this type of shooting. I prefer the SAW grip style.
Job two of the non shooting hand is to make sure the gun doesn't bind due to an awkward position. All this means is don't bear down on the stock or it will bind up in odd positions like shooting high angles.
—I prefer both of my elbows on the ground. It's more stable. It is not necessary though.
—Adjustable bipods are a good thing. Just like with a SAW, it's not always easy to get the right elevation on your target from the stock bipod settings. Shooting up/downhill is where this REALLY matters.
—I have found that actually pulling through the first round with your finger—rather than pushing the gun into your finger—will produce more accurate and satisfying results.
—I have also found that moving your finger deeper into the trigger guard helps in function. Even with a 5.56/.223 the recoil is enough to make the gun move a lot. Getting a finger in deeper helps maintain consistency.
—If you are going to use coupled PMAGs use the PMAG covers on half way for easy removal. Rounds will fly if you don't. TRUST ME.
—Weight is good with the Fostech, bad with the Slidefire. Both stocks have their pros and cons.

Ask more and I will add more if I haven't covered your questions here.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 10:00:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It sounds like you are on the right path. Let me just rattle off some bullet point advice and take what you want from it.

—Forward pressure should NOT be accomplished using your tricep; instead use your wrist or just the meat of your hand from a strong grip.
—If you have a Slide Fire, you can actually provide the forward pressure by grabbing the "angle struts" on the stock and placing your hand on the CH. Squeeze and it should run. (one of the ways SF is better than the Fostech).
—The Fostech is not as easy to do as the SF postition-wise, but it makes up for it in its smoothness.
—You CAN use your hand on the handguard or mag to bump. It works, (and is better when shooting downhill) but it can cause binding and a loss of control. This thing is like a firehose, let the weight of the gun hold the muzzle and let the slack in the bipod do all the work. The left hand is the most important hand here in this type of shooting. I prefer the SAW grip style.
Job two of the non shooting hand is to make sure the gun doesn't bind due to an awkward position. All this means is don't bear down on the stock or it will bind up in odd positions like shooting high angles.
—I prefer both of my elbows on the ground. It's more stable. It is not necessary though.
—Adjustable bipods are a good thing. Just like with a SAW, it's not always easy to get the right elevation on your target from the stock bipod settings. Shooting up/downhill is where this REALLY matters.
—I have found that actually pulling through the first round with your finger—rather than pushing the gun into your finger—will produce more accurate and satisfying results.
—I have also found that moving your finger deeper into the trigger guard helps in function. Even with a 5.56/.223 the recoil is enough to make the gun move a lot. Getting a finger in deeper helps maintain consistency.
—If you are going to use coupled PMAGs use the PMAG covers on half way for easy removal. Rounds will fly if you don't. TRUST ME.
—Weight is good with the Fostech, bad with the Slidefire. Both stocks have their pros and cons.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's great!!!!
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 5:19:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Is this a good time to suggest cross linking this with the Ferguson riots thread?

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 10:02:09 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Is this a good time to suggest cross linking this with the Ferguson riots thread?

View Quote
Nothing says "get off my lawn" like BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 10:13:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Going to bumpdump tomorrow.  I really get excited about shooting this rifle.  I haven't had this much fun at the range in years.
I figured out the photobucket thing, so I am going to get some vids of the suppressor running hot and got the IR thermometer to take a heat reading on the barrel before I add the JP heat dissipator.  Im also working on a modification for the harris bipod rail mount with a capture pin to allow it to remain fixed for semi and pull the pin and let it walk back and forth for bump.
Thanks again Skillets.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 10:20:45 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Going to bumpdump tomorrow.  I really get excited about shooting this rifle.  I haven't had this much fun at the range in years.

I figured out the photobucket thing, so I am going to get some vids of the suppressor running hot and got the IR thermometer to take a heat reading on the barrel before I add the JP heat dissipator.  Im also working on a modification for the harris bipod rail mount with a capture pin to allow it to remain fixed for semi and pull the pin and let it walk back and forth for bump.

Thanks again Skillets.
View Quote
I wish I would have brought my IR thermometer Saturday.  I tried two finger shooting of my SBR with the SD3G installed and a can.  After a few mags the whole rifle was extremely hot and the suppressor was still boiling hot after about 30 minutes.

Two fingers fit just fine in the winter trigger guard, but didn't work well for shooting.  I tripped the trigger too early several times and repeatedly experienced hammer follow.  It was fairly easy to bump the gun from the shoulder with two fingers though - it just led to hammer follow after about three rounds. I may try it on a different lower sometime,my SBR has a LWRC UCIW stock on it with the UC2 buffer and flatwire spring.  I think I might try it on my 14.5" upper and put a spare Wolff XP action spring in it.  Then depending on how that works add a 7.62x39 firing pin and see if it makes a difference.  

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 3:26:04 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm thinking I need to get out this weekend. I don't plan on going too far accuracy-wise. Probably no further than 200yds.

My buddy and I are doing a temporary swap for optics. I will be using an old Eotech

I plan on doing:

—Traversing fire (Probably not much more that 5° to 10°)
—Fire and movement
—Fire from a barricade with bipod legs closed.
—Fire from the kneeling.
—Shoulder bumping (not too optimistic about accuracy here).

Anything else I should do?
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 3:38:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:  I'm thinking I need to get out this weekend. I don't plan on going too far accuracy-wise. Probably no further than 200yds.

My buddy and I are doing a temporary swap for optics. I will be using an old Eotech

I plan on doing:

—Fire and movement
—Fire from the kneeling.

View Quote

Time your bbl changes.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 3:40:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Time your bbl changes.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  I'm thinking I need to get out this weekend. I don't plan on going too far accuracy-wise. Probably no further than 200yds.

I plan on doing:

—Fire and movement
—Fire from the kneeling.

Time your bbl changes.  

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 4:42:33 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I plan on doing:

—Fire and movement

—Fire from the kneeling.

Time your bbl changes.  

Should be pretty quick if you bring a few spare uppers

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 4:46:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I plan on doing:

—Fire and movement
—Fire from the kneeling.

Time your bbl changes.  

Ponder this: I only have 4 ARs.***

One is a pistol, one a .22, one is my über$$$ gun, and this one. I am not going to smoke my barrel on my good gun, and I am not going to put a pistol upper on that lower...

***currently going through a divorce. I am happy to even have what I have right now.

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 4:56:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

One is a pistol, one a .22, one is my über$$$ gun, and this one. I am not going to smoke my barrel on my good gun, and I am not going to put a pistol upper on that lower...

***currently going through a divorce. I am happy to even have what I have right now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:  Time your bbl changes.  

Marriage seemingly makes no sense whatsoever anymore.  

Will the .22" bump fire?  You could time a field caliber change when the targets change from hogz to wabbits!  
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 5:04:41 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

SNIP

I'd loan you one if you were close:

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 5:16:34 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SNIP

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx39/jaqufrost/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-06/20140610_223712_zps3gkw4kxj.jpg

Is that rifle at the bottom a .50bmg one by chance?  I can only imagine what my shoulder would look like after bump firing it if it were magazine fed.  

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 5:19:12 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Is that rifle at the bottom a .50bmg one by chance?  I can only imagine what my shoulder would look like after bump firing it if it were magazine fed.      
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SNIP

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx39/jaqufrost/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-06/20140610_223712_zps3gkw4kxj.jpg

Yes, it's a bolt action single shot .50.  If I had a semi-auto I'd bumpfire it and post video

Have you seen Miculek shoot the .50?  He does 6 shots in .98 seconds - all on target.  If you haven't seen it, it's on youtube.  His V drill video is also really good.

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 5:23:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Did my first optest with the Fostech last weekend.

Unfortunately, it went kinda shitty but I fault the ammo; I was burning off the last of a batch of Prvi that had been dodgy on several previous occasions.  For example, it was only chrono-ing around 2780 out of my 18" Noveske SPR-ish thing which slings my standard 55gr handloads at over 3000fps.

The bumpfire part worked fine; when I got the rifle to not short stroke, the result was a nice satisfying BRAAAAAAAAPP!!

Fortuitously picked up a beat-to-shit M249 bipod at the funshow yesterday for $15.  It's probably airsoft but I don't really care since I'm counting on the wobbliness to work for me.

A few hours of machine shop time, some minor alterations, and some known good ammo and I should have this beast up and running proper.

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 5:33:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I sent my used MWG 90 round in to be fixed. I didn't try to get free work; instead I demanded they charge me since I got it for stupid cheap. ($60).

Apparently they are the real deal and actually function. They look like hammered ass on a regular carbine, but have a certain SAW/IAR charm on a bump-gun thing.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i172/schkoot/20140710_122304_zpsia1x8ffw.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you tried the x15? 50 rounds wth the height of a 30. And not very bulky either. It's what I plan to run on my buid.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 5:34:29 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Unfortunately, it went kinda shitty but I fault the ammo; I was burning off the last of a batch of Prvi that had been dodgy on several previous occasions.  For example, it was only chrono-ing around 2780 out of my 18" Noveske SPR-ish thing which slings my standard 55gr handloads at over 3000fps.

The bumpfire part worked fine; when I got the rifle to not short stroke, the result was a nice satisfying BRAAAAAAAAPP!!

Fortuitously picked up a beat-to-shit M249 bipod at the funshow yesterday for $15.  It's probably airsoft but I don't really care since I'm counting on the wobbliness to work for me.

A few hours of machine shop time, some minor alterations, and some known good ammo and I should have this beast up and running proper.

View Quote
You might open your gas port.  What spring and buffer are you running?

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 5:35:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Have you tried the x15? 50 rounds wth the height of a 30. And not very bulky either. It's what I plan to run on my buid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't even heard of it. Link?

Oh yeah... I like those, but they are pretty spendy. The Surefire 60 works pretty good, too.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 5:37:45 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

SNIP

Here is the X15:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=435478791

I'd like to try one of Armatac's 150rd drums:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=435260585

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 5:43:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah, the rifle runs like a champ with my usual ammo.  I'm gonna try using that and ditching the H2 buffer before I do anything drastic.

This isn't going to be the permanent setup; just something I cobbled together out of various ARs lying around so I could have a testbed.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 7:28:53 PM EDT
[#35]
So has anyone tried one of these $100 jobbies?

http://www.bumpfiresystems.com/ar15-system/

Not sure how they're not violating Slidefire's patents, unless they're paying a licensing fee or are planning to dispute the patents in court.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 7:34:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

http://www.bumpfiresystems.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/bump-fire-stock.jpg

Not sure how they're not violating Slidefire's patents, unless they're paying a licensing fee or are planning to dispute the patents in court.
View Quote

Damn...

They have a different letter on their page.

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 7:44:36 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Yes, it's a bolt action single shot .50.  If I had a semi-auto I'd bumpfire it and post video

Have you seen Miculek shoot the .50?  He does 6 shots in .98 seconds - all on target.  If you haven't seen it, it's on youtube.  His V drill video is also really good.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

<snip>

I love watching Jerry's videos.   The man is a machine.  

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 7:48:18 PM EDT
[#38]
I just IMed that link to a guy buying my SF stock on the EE. It will suck to be the one holding the bag with the overpriced SF stock, but I would hate to be stuck in a shit deal if I were on the other side.

That's the price of being an "early adopter."
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 8:36:52 PM EDT
[#39]

+

+

= A pretty cheap way to get into the game.

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 8:39:57 PM EDT
[#40]

I want it cause it's so cheap, but god damn I thought the slidefire was ugly...

for the record I was only talking about the stock, actually didn't even notice the gun
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 8:41:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I want it cause it's so cheap, but god damn I thought the slidefire was ugly...
View All Quotes

Huh... I actually think it's less ugly.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 9:36:20 PM EDT
[#42]

Guess I'm not following how a Masterpiece Arms non-AR is compatible w/ the Bumpfire Systems stock, or cheap?
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 9:38:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Guess I'm not following how a Masterpiece Arms non-AR is compatible w/ the Bumpfire Systems stock, or cheap?
View All Quotes

That stock would mount easy, and it's a piston gun with a side charging handle. Those are things I would like on my gun that would cost extra.

IIRC it's about $800. I would say that's pretty cheap.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 10:03:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That stock would mount easy, and it's a piston gun with a side charging handle. Those are things I would like on my gun that would cost extra.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Guess I'm not following how a Masterpiece Arms non-AR is compatible w/ the Bumpfire Systems stock, or cheap?

I'm not convinced it's compatible w/ any of the AR bumpfire stocks 'til I see one mounted or see measurements.  If the pistol grip is 1/4" too low, a stock AR bumpfire stock isn't going to work w/o mods.

ARs can now be built under $500 - came across a stock of 1800 Sabre Defense lowers - w/ LPK, $100.  That wouldn't work for bumpfire, but you should be able to hit under $550 for a parts AR right now.  $250 buys a 2nd upper.  I grant that's a good price for a piston gun - albeit I understand it doesn't have a bolt hold open.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 10:07:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I'm not convinced it's compatible w/ any of the AR bumpfire stocks 'til I see one mounted or see measurements.  If the pistol grip is 1/4" too low, a stock AR bumpfire stock isn't going to work w/o mods.

ARs can now be built under $500 - came across a stock of 1800 Sabre Defense lowers - w/ LPK, $100.  That wouldn't work for bumpfire, but you should be able to hit under $550 for a parts AR right now.  $250 buys a 2nd upper.  I grant that's a good price for a piston gun - albeit I understand it doesn't have a bolt hold open.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:  Guess I'm not following how a Masterpiece Arms non-AR is compatible w/ the Bumpfire Systems stock, or cheap?

That is correct, there are some great deals on ARs now. I think the piston is a big plus for me, but the lack of a bolt-hold kinda sucks. I'm surprised, actually.

I personally see that stock installing easy, but I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 10:07:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is correct, there are some great deals on ARs now. I think the piston is a big plus for me, but the lack of a bolt-hold kinda sucks. I'm surprised, actually.

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 10:16:26 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Gen II has BHO for it. Even if you have a Gen I, you can always contact them and ask for the BHO or send it to them for retrofit.

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 10:27:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ooh, I want one.  Does this have some sort of locking mechanism so you can use it semi auto without any chance of bump firing?
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 10:47:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Ooh, I want one.  Does this have some sort of locking mechanism so you can use it semi auto without any chance of bump firing?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

The pin in the middle locks it out exactly like the Slide Fire and Fostech.

Please get one and report back—preferably with a bipod.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 4:01:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Make them hurry up with the AK version, too!
Page / 79
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top