Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/24/2014 4:59:34 PM EDT
http://i1311.photobucket.com/albums/s679/thefuzzylumpkins/d_zps22515cd5.png

Please help us out here in California and hit this!  My Springfield EMP and I would extremely thankful!

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/act/california/ab1563/

http://i1311.photobucket.com/albums/s679/thefuzzylumpkins/IMG_0364_zps21ee5c37.jpg

(Sacramento, CA) – Following a landmark Ninth Circuit decision correctly holding that the Second Amendment protects a fundamental right to bear arms for self-defense outside of our homes, Assemblyman Tim Donnelly (R-Twin Peaks) has introduced the most sweeping reform of California’s handgun carry license laws since their establishment in 1923.

“AB 1563 fixes California’s handgun carry license system by implementing a fair, efficient, and effective framework that eliminates the burden on local law enforcement while still requiring background checks and that licensees be law-abiding people,” said Donnelly of the bill. “What we’re doing is unwinding decades of unconstitutional laws and replacing them with a framework that respects our Second Amendment rights, bringing us in line with dozens of other states.”

Under the existing system, sheriffs and municipal chiefs of police, who each have local rules that vary widely, are empowered to issue licenses to their residents. In many cases, these local agencies fail—or outright refuse—to follow existing state law, creating a maze of different regulations riddled with discretionary abuse and unequal treatment of applicants. Some cities and counties have continued to deny law-abiding people their pre-existing right to bear arms, despite the court decisions. AB 1563 will consolidate the license processes under the state’s umbrella by establishing a single, objective standard under the jurisdiction of one issuing authority.

“Californians deserve the same treatment of their Second Amendment rights as they expect for the rest of the Bill of Rights,” continued Donnelly. “The great disparity in policy and process across hundreds of California licensing authorities begs for a uniform system that protects their civil rights, conforms to precedent, and furthers the state’s narrowly-tailored interest in regulating the right to carry.”

California is expected to see a skyrocketing number of handgun carry licensees, with some estimates reaching over 1.4 million new permits over next 24 months—a striking increase from the 56,000 reported in 2013 by the California Department of Justice.

Brandon Combs, president of California Association of Federal Firearms Licensees (CAL-FFL), the bill’s sponsor, said, “Our current system, nearly a century old, is riddled with discretionary abuse and practices that chill the exercise of rights our Founders knew to pre-exist government itself. It’s time for California to go mainstream and join the 41 other states that have a fair and objective system. AB 1563 takes California out of the civil rights Stone Age.”

“Our civil rights do not end at the city, county, or state lines. When the only people who are legally carrying in downtown Los Angeles are residents of Orange County, the system needs to be scrapped and fixed for good. AB 1563 does just that,” said Donnelly.

AB 1563 will be heard in the Assembly Public Safety Committee on Tuesday, April 29, 2014.

California Association of Federal Firearms Licensees (CAL-FFL) is California’s most tenacious and complete advocacy group for Second Amendment and related economic rights. CAL-FFL’s thousands of members include firearm dealers, training professionals, shooting ranges, collectors, consumers, and others who participate in the firearms ecosystem. CAL-FFL advances the interests of its members and the general public through direct lobbying, legal actions, education, and public outreach. To join CAL-FFL, please visit calffl.org/join.

Assemblyman Tim Donnelly, first elected to represent the 59th Assembly District in November 2010, has represented the 33rd Assembly District since December 2012. He is honored to represent the communities of Adelanto, Apple Valley, Baker, Barstow, Big Bear City, Big Bear Lake, Big River, Crestline, Fort Irwin, Hesperia, Johnson Valley, Lake Arrowhead, Lenwood, Lucerne Valley, Needles, Phelan, Running Springs, Silver Lakes, Trona, Twentynine Palms Base, Twin Peaks and Victorville. Tim is blessed to live in the scenic San Bernardino Mountains with his wonderful wife, Rowena, five sons, and one grandson.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:28:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Does this thread need a picture of my smoking hot girlfriend to get some love?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:34:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Well per the rules of GD, since you mentioned you had a smoking hot GF you are now required to post pics of her regardless of your request for a firemission.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:37:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:38:35 PM EDT
[#4]
... I can stand behind this!
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:02:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Well per the rules of GD, since you mentioned you had a smoking hot GF you are now required to post pics of her regardless of your request for a firemission.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Added per the rules.

Now please show California some love.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:04:07 PM EDT
[#6]
OP, what do you want us to do?   Write to the Assembly, send letters to the editor, what exactly?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:08:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Only here for smoking hot girlfriend pic.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:08:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Here is a link to a form letter.  Just plug in your info and hit the submit button.  Donate if you wish.

Even if you don't live in California, every letter helps.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:11:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Bewbs are nice
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:11:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Here is a link to a form letter.  Just plug in your info and hit the submit button.  Donate if you wish.

View Quote

Thanks for clearing that up.  I see my link was buried between EMP and titties.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:13:24 PM EDT
[#11]
How the hell did you score her?

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:15:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Considering how most of ARFCOM view California I'm surprised you had to even ask that question...

Most of them think we are:

A lost cause. And...

Deserve everything we get. And...

Are a bunch of free loading surfer dudes. And...

All Liberals of one form or another.

They forget that we have more gun owners here than any other state, have a very large Conservative base and a massive number of people to bring to any political fight that may occur. The fact that we are constantly under siege seems to be lost on most, particularly those that choose to fight the easy fights and cry VICTORY!!! whenever they win some concession in a largely Conservative area. They ignore the fact that the tough fights are the ones that we ALL have to win, not the soft ones.

If California were to become a state where the right to carry was as it should be the tide will have turned and in turn make it easier for the rest of the country to do likewise. This state and a few others are where the effort needs to be concentrated but that would be too difficult for some, easier to turn your back on us and say that it is too late.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:19:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Damn bro, she is smoking hot.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:23:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Considering how most of ARFCOM view California I'm surprised you had to even ask that question...

A lost cause. And...

They forget that we have more gun owners here than any other state, have a very large Conservative base and a massive number of people to bring to any political fight that may occur. The fact that we are constantly under siege seems to be lost on most, particularly those that choose to fight the easy fights and cry VICTORY!!! whenever they win some concession in a largely Conservative area. They ignore the fact that the tough fights are the ones that we ALL have to win, not the soft ones.

If California were to become a state where the right to carry was as it should be the tide will have turned and in turn make it easier for the rest of the country to do likewise. This state and a few others are where the effort needs to be concentrated but that would be too difficult for some, easier to turn your back on us and say that it is too late.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A lost cause. And...

Amen!

Things are moving in the right direction down here.  San Diego just elected a Republican mayor, and our sheriff said he'd respect the 9th districts ruling.  Never thought I'd see those two things happen in the same year.  We need to keep up the fight!
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:37:16 PM EDT
[#15]
you weren't lying about the gf
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:39:13 PM EDT
[#16]
If it is a firemission to get people to vote your for cousins niece to win $100 in a beauty contest then GD is all over it and the thread will run for 13 pages.

Someone asks for help from CA and all you get is " nice bewbs"...

Has anyone who replied to this actually done anything helpful because I haven't seen one "hit".

Remember that when you ask for help from the millions of gun owners in this state.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:42:39 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

A lost cause. And...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

A lost cause. And...

burban... you are far from a native californian

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:42:46 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm sorry, boobs?  fuck I mean JUGS
damn it sorry I'm trying to say CLEAVAGE

Whooooooo Wahhhhhhhh
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:56:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If it is a firemission to get people to vote your for cousins niece to win $100 in a beauty contest then GD is all over it and the thread will run for 13 pages.

Has anyone who replied to this actually done anything helpful because I haven't seen one "hit".

Remember that when you ask for help from the millions of gun owners in this state.
View Quote

Thanks for the support. I'm quite shocked at the lack of participation myself, especially from the other CA members here. It is what it is. I will continue to pass this around to all CA gun supporters I can in hope of making a difference, it's the least I can do for my fellow Californians.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:00:31 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Thanks for the support. I'm quite shocked at the lack of participation myself, especially from the other CA members here. It is what it is. I will continue to pass this around to all CA gun supporters I can in hope of making a difference, it's the least I can do for my fellow Californians.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I filled out the form in my wife's name, my two son's names and my name.  Passed it on to all my friends too.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:04:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Hit earlier tonight, bump...
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:12:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Free Cali!

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:12:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Hit the poll.

Damn, son.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:20:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I filled out the form in my wife's name, my two son's names and my name.  Passed it on to all my friends too.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Much appreciated. I don't post much more of a lurker but this means too much to me to just let it get buried in GD.  Never been one to bump my own threads but this is different. This is a bump for California and a bump for boobs.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:21:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:27:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Rio?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:27:53 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm not sure how I feel about this bill.  One authority could fuck over the entire state, at least right now I have a sheriff that is basically shall issue.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:29:31 PM EDT
[#28]
I filled out the form letter cause I like your scruffy look. (no homo, I am female)
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:51:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Filled it out.

I left CA last year. Even though I lived in a conservative Assm. district (38th) and had nothing but "conservatives" as elected officials (including our assemblyman whom I helped get elected) it still felt like a sinking ship. I know I'll never go back, but I have family there and want them to be free from the oppression.

But realistically I'm not super optimistic about it for at least the next 20-30 years. It's going to take a while for the younger more anti-government crowd to take over from the traditional liberal dems, and even then the younger crowd isn't as solidified on the 2A as they are on things like the 4th.

Good luck though, I will still fight for it even if I don't like the chances.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:55:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Your thread is invalid.  Donnelly's legislation has an absolute zero chance of even making it to a committee review/hearing has no chance of being passed in our kick-ass Democrat super-majority.  (and we have a particularly pinko flavor of Democrats)

ETA:  Edited for incorrect assumption.  The rest is valid.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:10:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Your thread is invalid.  Donnelly's legislation has an absolute zero chance of even making it to a committee review/hearing has no chance of being passed in our kick-ass Democrat super-majority.  (and we have a particularly pinko flavor of Democrats)

ETA:  Edited for incorrect assumption.  The rest is valid.
View Quote

There are many who won't throw in the towel like yourself. To each his own. I'll continue to do as much as I can.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:16:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Hit.  I'll forward it tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:23:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Rio?
View Quote

First person I thought of.

Good luck OP.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:40:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:43:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Form submitted....  Good luck and don't lose the pretty lady
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:50:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Not sure if I like this bill.  I live in a "free county" and was issued a CCW 15 years ago.  Most of the surrounding counties have easy to get CCW's also.  The worst part about getting a CCW in my part of the state is the long wait it takes for new applicants.  Renewals are easy and usually don't take more than an appointment 30 days out.  

I really don't want another state bureaucratic layer added to my process.  It isn't my fault certain counties in California don't issue CCW's.  Don't muck up my process cause yours sucks.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 3:52:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

burban... you are far from a native californian

View Quote

Native no, but this is where I live and I must support our cause no matter where my hat hangs.

Over the course of the last 20 years I have participated whenever anyone wanted or needed help from outside their borders, I just expect the same in return.

To those few who have come forward to say that this will make their own situation more difficult I would say that I'm glad you have an opportunity to legally CC, now, wouldn't it be the right thing to do to help your fellow Californians by getting behind the effort and showing that it does indeed work?
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 4:28:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 4:34:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Damn, son...you must be livin' right.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 4:38:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Sent letter per link above. Even if I don't like Cali, yall should still have your rights.  GF looks like a keeper.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 4:39:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Anyone who thinks Cali democrats will support and vote for a pro-freedom CCW bill is nuts.

Those people are the most rabid nut-bags on the planet.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 4:46:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Fail.  Why don't you have this in CA Hometown, too, if you want participation?

Thanks for the gf pic. Nice top.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:00:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Morning Bump
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:04:51 AM EDT
[#44]
I just came here for the pictures of the "hot girlfriend", don't care about anything Cali.  

Seriously though, how much did you have to pay the hot chick to pose with you for the picture?
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:06:40 AM EDT
[#45]

omg i see cleavage....Coc violation, lock this thread!

btw, how much for the gf?
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:18:12 AM EDT
[#46]
HIT and Shared! Thanks for the heads up on this!

What I wrote:
My name is andersw and I have lived my whole life in CA. The current state of freedom (or lack of) in this state is saddening to me. My Father and Grandfather have had more rights previously in this once great golden state. Please return us to our glory as the great, free, second amendment loving, successful state we once were. Please do this by supporting AB 1563 as I whole heartedly do, as does the 9th and 7th Circuit courts, our founding fathers and other voting patriotic citizens today. Our seconded amendment supporting representatives get my votes and funding; this is my issue, please let it be ours.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:51:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Submitted the form.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:17:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Fail.  Why don't you have this in CA Hometown, too, if you want participation?

Thanks for the gf pic. Nice top.
View Quote

There is already a thread there, it has a mere 5 replies.  I figured GD would get more traffic and I was right, plus I got to share some bewbs.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:24:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Done and I must say she is a looker.

Of course Kalifornia is chock full of good looking women.
Most are crazy as a shit house rat but they are pretty.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:37:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Hit it last night.

And for the non CA crowd this bill has a section in it for non residents to get a permit as well!

"(b) If the applicant does not have a valid California driver’s license or a California state identification card, or has not been a resident of the state for the previous consecutive 90 days, the department shall have up to 60 days from the date of submission of the application to issue a license."
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top