Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/19/2014 4:51:23 AM EDT
Well sorta...I bought a Quart to try it out for curiosity for my 2-cycle Echo Trimmer and Hitachi Blower.

Has no ethanol, 93 octane with fuel stabilizer and a cleaner... $7.97 at Homey D

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:53:30 AM EDT
[#1]
The local farm supply sells non-ethanol 89 octane at the pump for about 60 cents over regular.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:55:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Ass Raped.
The OP has been.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:58:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a gas station that sells 91 non ethanol at $4.25 a gallon.  Off to fill up the truck and all my gas cans.  And yes, ECHO is awesome.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:00:15 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have a gas station that sells 91 non ethanol at $4.25 a gallon.  Off to fill up the truck and all my gas cans.  And yes, ECHO is awesome.
View Quote

you're lucky, i think the closes one here is about 20 miles away in the ghetto
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:01:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Ethanol = Algaie = clogged fuel supply.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:02:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:03:59 AM EDT
[#7]
I just went to http://pure-gas.org/ and found a gas station that sold ethanol free gas.  I paid $4.39 a gallon for the gas and put my own stabilizer in it.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:04:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:04:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup, all the fast tracks around here sell that.  
I just wish I could get ethanol free 93 octane.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:09:21 AM EDT
[#10]
http://pure-gas.org/

ETA:      Lots of advertising for this one...

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:14:54 AM EDT
[#11]
I run Avgas in my trimmer and leaf blower. Right now it's about $5.50 a gallon.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:16:20 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's how far I drove to get it.  Even if you bought 1 gallon you would be saving money compared to $32 a gallon.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:17:48 AM EDT
[#13]
I just buy 110LL Avgas and add the mix.  No stabilizer needed from all of the airplane guys I have spoken to.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:19:44 AM EDT
[#14]
My local marina sells 89 Chevron with Valvetec non-ethanol.

That's the only fuel I run in my dirt bikes, chain saw, pressure washer, street bike and
4 wheelers.

Never had a fuel related issue.

Edit:  also my Generator.  Fires up instantly even
after sitting 9 months.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:20:37 AM EDT
[#15]
There are some areas where ethanol free gas is hard or impossible to find. I use it in my cars, so if I need some for a mower or leaf blower I take my 1 gal can when I fill up. End of the season I just dump any extra in my car. It doesn't stick around long enough to go stale. 87 octane is currently around 3.60/gal.

Unless a can of 93 octane would make my leaf blower get up and run itself I'd pass on the little can.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:18:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Just dropped $105 on non ethanol 91 gas.  That should last a month or so.  I am a yard work junky
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:20:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Speechless, but that doesn't translate well to forum posts. So...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:21:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Their gas, their rules.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:22:36 AM EDT
[#19]
the indian reservation (the Rez) sells 93 eth free for the same price as standard 89

and a local pump station sells 89 eth free for around 40 cents over regular.   I've been using this for a while and my small engines love drinking that shit.

fuck ehtenol
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:22:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Yep, av gas or leaded 110 octane race gas. $5.50 a gallon here.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:26:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Well sorta...I bought a Quart to try it out for curiosity for my 2-cycle Echo Trimmer and Hitachi Blower.

Has no ethanol, 93 octane with fuel stabilizer and a cleaner... $7.97 at Homey D

http://www.echo-usa.com/Images/powerfuel/PowerFuel-banner.png

http://www.echo-usa.com/Images/powerfuel/feature_red_armor.png

View Quote

Look, I know your excited to cut grass with the long winter but you sir, you sit just took it up the ass! $33 for a gallon of fuel? By the end of the season, you could have bought replacement blowers and trimmers for what you have in that fuel!
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:31:43 AM EDT
[#22]
diesel
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:37:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Just dropped $105 on non ethanol 91 gas.  That should last a month or so.  I am a yard work junky
View Quote

Wish I could find E free 91...

88 and 110 are available in UT; no 91/93.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:38:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

100LL is what I use. I'm always hauling gas to my airplane so there's always plenty for the lawnmower. Just one word of caution to those that may consider running it in their cars- low-lead has a shit load of lead. It will fuck your 02 sensors. Most probably know this, but the guy who keeps his plane in the hangar next to mine found out the hard way after filling up his Z06.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:40:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Pff!  If you're that worried, buy a small bottle of fuel stabilizer.
If you use the equipment often, you have nothin g to worry about.  If you're only using seasonally, drain gas before storgae.

You know who uses that stuff?  NOT professionals.  Sucker stuff for homewners.  Stihl doesn't sell that shit.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:43:06 AM EDT
[#26]
I bought a can of that last summer for my weedeater.  Lasted the entire summer/cutting season.  Will probably do the same again this year for what little I use my equipment and how the stuff is better than the E10 stuff around here.  No pure gas pumps around here.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:44:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If you use the equipment often, you have nothin g to worry about.  If you're only using seasonally, drain gas before storgae.

You know who uses that stuff?  NOT professionals.  Sucker stuff for homewners.  Stihl doesn't sell that shit.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:45:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Phillips 66 sells ethanol free here.
Buy a gallon of that shit, and get a quart of the 2cycle oil for boat motors.
Your trimmer will be set for a few years..
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:45:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I filled all my cans with non ethanol fuel a bit ago, It was high octane as well. Then I had a tree fall in the back yard so I whipped out the chainsaw. I thought my saw was going to catch on fire! It was cutting so fast and well  it was another world from the low octane ethanol fuel.  I related this info to my older brother (who is now 60) he told me "welcome to 1960!
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:46:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Algae can't grow without light?

I thought the problem is ethanol absorbs water (hygroscopic) and then the ethanol-water solution separates from the gasoline.  Then the ethanol-water solution goes up the fuel line and does bad things to the engine.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:47:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

This if you are worried about it sitting for long periods. I missed that. Stabilizer is a bad substitute for draining the gas. I put some exotic cars in a hangar before I went overseas and none would run right when I got back. I kinda freaked out after trying to drive the first one, But filling it up with new gas fixed it. All had no E 95 octane with stabil in them.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:47:53 AM EDT
[#32]
I know pumps where I can buy non ethanol 89, 91, and 93.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:47:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.stihlusa.com/WebContent/Images/Product/1014/motomix.png?preset=Product.ProductDetails

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:49:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.stihlusa.com/WebContent/Images/Product/1014/motomix.png?preset=Product.ProductDetails

SERVED!

Anyhow, it's bullshit.  Technically, I'm a professioanl landscaper and I work closely with Calfire crews.  Never seen the stuff used in chainsaws, hedgers, weed whips or blowers.  Our saw shop has never reccomended it in 10 years of working with them.
The HP oil is god stuff!
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:50:04 AM EDT
[#35]
I just drive to the gas station about a mile away and get some no ethanol 93 for about $3.70 a gal.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:50:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I thought the problem is ethanol absorbs water (hygroscopic) and then the ethanol-water solution separates from the gasoline.  Then the ethanol-water solution goes up the fuel line and does bad things to the engine.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. Algae is a problem in aviation fuels...well jet fuels anyway. We got fucked a few years back with bad gas and had to dump enough JP8 to buy my house X10. Not sure if regular gas is the same but don't write off the algae.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:51:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Go to a marina and buy gas from there. 90 octane with no ethanol. I normally pay about 60-80 cents more per gallon then with road gas.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:55:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:57:33 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I run Avgas in my trimmer and leaf blower. Right now it's about $5.50 a gallon.
View Quote

I do, too.  Have used AvGas for years.  The only disadvantage is the blue dye in the gas masks the blue color of the synthetic two stroke oil I use.  So, you have to remember and mark the container.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:57:39 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Burn!

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:59:57 AM EDT
[#41]
I like the avgas for the lead, good for my little engines and my neighbors children too
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:00:17 AM EDT
[#42]
Meh.
I can't get local non-alky gas.

My dirt bikes require 92 octane.
I buy the alky gas and add PRI-D.

The two stroke dirt bike runs at 60/1, so I don't use that premix for the 2 stroke lawn gear.
I use the Stihl canned stuff, I can get it at the local ACE for about $5 when it's on sale.

I swap the gas out in my generator every 6 months. never had an issue with it.

After time Avgas will leave lead deposits.
I know that my buddy who used to run nothing but avgas in his two stroke dirt bike ended uo having some ridiculous compression ratio when he checked the compression last time before he replaced the piston and rings.
The lead deposits caused it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:01:49 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
100LL is what I use. I'm always hauling gas to my airplane so there's always plenty for the lawnmower. Just one word of caution to those that may consider running it in their cars- low-lead has a shit load of lead. It will fuck your 02 sensors. Most probably know this, but the guy who keeps his plane in the hangar next to mine found out the hard way after filling up his Z06.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ouch! It'll tear up catalytic converters too.  BTW my two stroke engines can get hard to start with the high octane gas. Makes sense since two strokes run 6-7 to one compression ratio.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:02:17 AM EDT
[#44]
$32/gallon?

Couple more bucks and you could have put Nitromethane in it
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:04:16 AM EDT
[#45]
I never realized how fortunate I am to have E-free gas.

OP, you got raped

I'd rather buy new trimmers every 5 years than buy $32 a gallon fuel. BTW how do you like that Hitachi blower? It gets great reviews and I almost bought one to use when I don't need my 150bt.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:11:57 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote

Thats what it costs around here, add the sales tax, but I've spent 2x as much as the leaf blower costs in repairs, so I bought some & it idles better, the leaf blower was my last B-day present from my Mom before she died is the only reason I keep getting it fixed.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:16:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Same place that I buy E85 for my E85 tuned car also sells ethanol free gas for like $5 a gallon.
I usually just run the ethanol free stuff in my small engines.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:17:03 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I never realized how fortunate I am to have E-free gas.

OP, you got raped

I'd rather buy new trimmers every 5 years than buy $32 a gallon fuel. BTW how do you like that Hitachi blower? It gets great reviews and I almost bought one to use when I don't need my 150bt.
View Quote

i was pleasantly surprised with my hitachi blower, it's very nice for the price and starts with 1 pull each time - owned it for 2 years now and revs very nicely, the echo which is the same age is not as smooth

iirc i bought it from woot.com
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:17:38 AM EDT
[#49]
I've got 4 stations selling eth free 91 where I live.  Current price: $3.79 a gallon.

Just filled the mower cans and the bike.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:18:24 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats what it costs around here, add the sales tax, but I've spent 2x as much as the leaf blower costs in repairs, so I bought some & it idles better, the leaf blower was my last B-day present from my Mom before she died is the only reason I keep getting it fixed.

plus i figure it's pre-mixed with oil, stabilizer, cleaner and 93 octane ethanol free gas - plus i just mow my little yard and the cost differential is very low.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top