Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:19:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Every ethanol free gas station in the US

Here
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:20:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Pretty expensive but worth it if you dont have any non ethanol pumps around.  They are a dime a dozen here in Idaho so I never worry about it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:20:40 AM EDT
[#3]
If you're only using seasonally, drain gas before storgae.
View Quote

Bullshit. Drain it, run it dry, it doesn't matter. It still fucks up carburetors. Had to rebuild the carb on my stihl trimmer twice before using Motomix.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:20:57 AM EDT
[#4]
If you don't want to spend the money for Avgas, you can mix it 50/50 with mogas and it will dilute the percentage of ethanol to a safe level plus it will store well. With todays high prices that will only save you a little bit but it's something.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:24:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

i was pleasantly surprised with my hitachi blower, it's very nice for the price and starts with 1 pull each time - owned it for 2 years now and revs very nicely, the echo which is the same age is not as smooth

iirc i bought it from woot.com
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I never realized how fortunate I am to have E-free gas.

OP, you got raped

I'd rather buy new trimmers every 5 years than buy $32 a gallon fuel. BTW how do you like that Hitachi blower? It gets great reviews and I almost bought one to use when I don't need my 150bt.

i was pleasantly surprised with my hitachi blower, it's very nice for the price and starts with 1 pull each time - owned it for 2 years now and revs very nicely, the echo which is the same age is not as smooth

iirc i bought it from woot.com

Nice. It is a rebadged Tanaka and one hell of a deal for $$. You may need to adjust the carb on your echo and remove the spark arrester screen on the muffler. My 230srm was a little wonky from the factory but I got it running like champ. They say the carbs are non adjustable but there is a needle hidden behind a brass plug on the side. Some also have a needle in the shaft of the "rotary" part of the carb under another brass cap.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:27:26 AM EDT
[#6]
we run the stihl stuff in our chain and rotory saws at the fd.  Its pricy but we have had less problems with it compared to when we mixed it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:28:20 AM EDT
[#7]
I have about 4 stations within 10 miles of me that sell non ethanol . I work on gas stations for a living and Im steadly adding no non ethanol pumps monthly . I just converted an offroad diesel to 89 non ethanol last week at a sunoco .

Oh pure gas is way behind last few times I checked .

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:38:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Bullshit. Drain it, run it dry, it doesn't matter. It still fucks up carburetors. Had to rebuild the carb on my stihl trimmer twice before using Motomix.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'm not sure what kind of gas stations people are getting their gas from, but I've NEVER drained or run an engine dry and haven't had a single problem with something starting come spring.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:42:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Filled up on a few cases of trufuel 2 & 4 stroke when HD had them half off a couple weeks ago.  No ethanol free stations nearby.and Is a pain in the ass at the. Marina.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:43:40 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Ouch! It'll tear up catalytic converters too.  BTW my two stroke engines can get hard to start with the high octane gas. Makes sense since two strokes run 6-7 to one compression ratio.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, av gas or leaded 110 octane race gas. $5.50 a gallon here.  

100LL is what I use. I'm always hauling gas to my airplane so there's always plenty for the lawnmower. Just one word of caution to those that may consider running it in their cars- low-lead has a shit load of lead. It will fuck your 02 sensors. Most probably know this, but the guy who keeps his plane in the hangar next to mine found out the hard way after filling up his Z06.
Ouch! It'll tear up catalytic converters too.  BTW my two stroke engines can get hard to start with the high octane gas. Makes sense since two strokes run 6-7 to one compression ratio.  
its actually not THAT bad for the 02 sensors. It will kill them but it takes a long time. We use wideband 02 sensors on all our efi toys that run leaded race gas and they last for a year or more. eventually it will harm them but its not like a tank will kill it. Cat is a different story. but then I dont have too many of those

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:45:53 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I just drive to the gas station about a mile away and get some no ethanol 93 for about $3.70 a gal.
View Quote
I have to buy 110 leaded at $8 a gallon and mix it with crappy ethanol mixed 91 to get my 93 for my tuned audi. ends up being around $5 a gal and its still got ethanol in it.

TL/DR I hate you.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:48:51 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well sorta...I bought a Quart to try it out for curiosity for my 2-cycle Echo Trimmer and Hitachi Blower.

Has no ethanol, 93 octane with fuel stabilizer and a cleaner... $7.97 at Homey D

Thats what it costs around here, add the sales tax, but I've spent 2x as much as the leaf blower costs in repairs, so I bought some & it idles better, the leaf blower was my last B-day present from my Mom before she died is the only reason I keep getting it fixed.

plus i figure it's pre-mixed with oil, stabilizer, cleaner and 93 octane ethanol free gas - plus i just mow my little yard and the cost differential is very low.
I just opened my second can, so I guess we'll find out next spring if it pays off or is just more smoke & mirrors.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:00:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pff!  If you're that worried, buy a small bottle of fuel stabilizer.
If you use the equipment often, you have nothin g to worry about.  If you're only using seasonally, drain gas before storgae.

You know who uses that stuff?  NOT professionals.  Sucker stuff for homewners.  Stihl doesn't sell that shit.

That took four minutes and 28 seconds?  GD is getting slow...  
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:00:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm not sure what kind of gas stations people are getting their gas from, but I've NEVER drained or run an engine dry and haven't had a single problem with something starting come spring.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I actually agree for yards tools. I had a homelite trimmer last for well over a decade and it saw nothing but the cheapest gas available, old gas and probably the wrong mix since my brother operated it for many years.

However now that I own quality equipment that no one else touches I take good care of it. That includes not using ethanol and using stabil over the winter.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top