Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2014 5:44:25 PM EDT
I just received a call from someone one "on behalf of the NRA".  Stated that the NRA is trying to verify phone numbers and can they contact me via this number.  reply "NO.  email if you want, don't call me."  Then he launched into the sales pitch, endowment member for $250, that's $750 off the standard price.  Reply "email me about it, I don't want to talk on the phone or receive future calls."  Just like a telemarketer, he wouldn't stop.  Every time I said NO or don't call me, he went on to the next script.  Call came in at 8:15pm, this not acceptable.

I paid for a lifetime as a donation.  I called and told them to save some money and not to send me the magazine, they complied wife just said they still come, she just tosses them for me, guess I could collect and drop off at the local barber shop or waiting room at work.  There are no "deals" that come to life members that interest me.  The occasional snail mail is unwanted but fine, email, read, delete, phone calls from telemarketers on their behalf, especially at this hour, not acceptable.  Anyone know the best/surefire way to eliminate incoming communication from them, do I need to turn my card in?

To answer some basic questions, the telemarketer used my real name which I gave the NRA.  Work, credit card purchases, etc know me by my "go by" name.  I do not advertize my beliefs in any manner.  It would be very difficult to match my legal name with what I am publicly know as, so the chance of a hacker connecting the dots between a place I may have purchased from and "me" is slim.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:47:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I told them that while I support the NRA and am a member, I don't support them calling me during dinner to ask for whatever they were asking for and to put me on the do not call list.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:15:58 PM EDT
[#2]
When I read this the first time I thought you said NSA....  Now I'm disappoint.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:16:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:19:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Those people called me during a meeting at work, I stepped out to answer it thinking it was a guy calling from the field, needless to say I was pissed and told them to never call again. I've also been pissed at how much junk mail and how much "free" stuff (hats etc.) they send out, how can my $25 a year pay for all that garbage?! How about using that money to fight to keep 7n6 imports or letting me buy an NFA item like a normal gun!

That being said I will continue to support them because they seem to be our best bet.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:18:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:33:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:54:43 AM EDT
[#7]
In clear defiance of their own privacy policy.

We do not provide member information to telemarketers, mailing list brokers, or other companies that are not offering NRA-endorsed services or benefits. Third parties do not collect personally identifiable information about the online activities of individuals who visit NRA sites.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:01:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I told them that while I support the NRA and am a member, I don't support them calling me during dinner to ask for whatever they were asking for and to put me on the do not call list.  
View Quote

I did pretty much the same.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:53:17 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Hey Guys,

View Quote

Here is a link on how to be removed from the list if you do not want to be on it

I have been off the list a long time.  The bullshit call OP got was the same one I got.  I almost think it may be a phishing scheme because that is the first call I have had in years.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:56:36 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

"Now"????

They have been using them for decades.
View Quote

This.

1994 called, they want their complaint back.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:02:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
"Now"????

View Quote

This is the truth....

Already sick of hearing what Hilterly is going to do to my "rights" .
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:04:56 AM EDT
[#12]
My wife and I are members but the NRA only has our email addresses.

If more gun owners would join maybe they wouldn't need telemarketers.  Sad.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:14:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Hey Guys,
Here is a link on how to be removed from the list if you do not want to be on it
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_156/1202121_How_to_get_off_the_NRA_Mailing_and_Call_List.html
View Quote

Did that, they still call me.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:16:38 AM EDT
[#14]
I signed up as a lifer a while back but never gave them a real phone number so I never get the calls.  Do get the magazine as something to read plus they contain the voting forms.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:18:07 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

"Now"????

View Quote

This, and whenever I've donated through them my credit card seems to always get 'jacked within two weeks.

I don't give them money any more, or to ANYONE who calls me unsolicited.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top