Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:08:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ok, GD, I am now watching episode 1. The first 10 minutes was corny, but it is getting better!!!
View Quote

It's much better than TWD
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:08:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Am I the only one who thought the master looked funny goofy in the last episode?  The nazi without his makeup looked creepier to me.  Please tell me the old lady dies soon too.  Oh Mia blah blah cigarettes blah blah.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:09:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Am I the only one who thought the master looked funny goofy in the last episode?  The nazi without his makeup looked creepier to me.  Please tell me the old lady dies soon too.  Oh Mia blah blah cigarettes blah blah.
View Quote

Yeah...oversized dimensions (especially the head) made him look goofy. Nazi Commandant without makeup looked creepier because he looked more 'real'.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:26:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yeah...oversized dimensions (especially the head) made him look goofy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's a reason his dimensions are oversized.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:43:04 PM EDT
[#5]
its not a tounge, its an imbedded giant worm

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:47:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote

This was my first impression.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:53:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I couldn't wait to see more quinlan as soon as I saw him.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:28:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Just got to the 17th minute of episode 4. Not a happy camper. The dag
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:43:19 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Did he say his name when he first made an appearance in the TV series, or did y'all know it from the books?  I didn't catch it if he did.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks like Mr. Quinlan is back next week.
Yep one bad ass MFer too

Did he say his name when he first made an appearance in the TV series, or did y'all know it from the books?  I didn't catch it if he did.  
I don't think he has IDed himself in the show yet?

I learned his name and pedigree from the books.

Very Interesting story too

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:49:14 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is killing me, I want to write a 100 spoilers (in the spoiler mode)

I told my wife how it ends, she was like " OMG really?"

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 2:05:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok, GD, I am now watching episode 1. The first 10 minutes was corny, but it is getting better!!!

You maybe be correct. I am obsessed now. Just started episode 8. WTF the ninja dudes at the end of 7.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 2:20:56 AM EDT
[#12]
So how old is the old guy in the books? Cause it looked like he was in his early to mid 20's in the camp, which would make him in his 90's now. I like the series, but thats one really active 95 year old.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 2:50:25 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

So how old is the old guy in the books? Cause it looked like he was in his early to mid 20's in the camp, which would make him in his 90's now. I like the series, but thats one really active 95 year old.
View Quote
I think it's just part of the ongoing lack of originality when it comes to the TV and film set.  It would have made much more sense to start it in a Russian gulag in the '50s.  I'm just trying to ignore it.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 3:04:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I think it's just part of the ongoing lack of originality when it comes to the TV and film set.  It would have made much more sense to start it in a Russian gulag in the '50s.  I'm just trying to ignore it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Strain's wiki page has him at 88 years old. If Treblinka was liberated around 44 or 45 when he escaped, it would put his age somewhere around 18-20 during his imprisonment.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:58:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No it ain't!
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:04:52 AM EDT
[#16]
My wife and I are perplexed at this show, we love the idea/story behind it all, but we hate everybody other than vassily.    All the characters are annoying/stupid/worthless/unlikeable/no redeeming values

but we keep watching, because its really not a bad show, and I've started to think that we aren't supposed to like these people
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:23:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
My wife and I are perplexed at this show, we love the idea/story behind it all, but we hate everybody other than vassily.    All the characters are annoying/stupid/worthless/unlikeable/no redeeming values

but we keep watching, because its really not a bad show, and I've started to think that we aren't supposed to like these people
View Quote

I've been reading the books and I find the show to be better so far.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:58:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My wife and I are perplexed at this show, we love the idea/story behind it all, but we hate everybody other than vassily. All the characters are annoying/stupid/worthless/unlikeable/no redeeming values
View Quote

You're not supposed to like Eph. He's an asshole in the books too.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:11:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My wife and I are perplexed at this show, we love the idea/story behind it all, but we hate everybody other than vassily. All the characters are annoying/stupid/worthless/unlikeable/no redeeming values

Yeah last episode was when I finally realized that I'm ok with not liking anyone, I'm just here for the ride
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 12:37:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
My new favorite show and I resisted watching it for a long time too.
There is some WTF? in it but overall I can't complain too much.
View Quote

I watched the first couple episodes and was like meh. Then I let the next seven pile up on the DVR and watched them all in a row. It was way better that way, more action like instead of a slow pace.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 9:40:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Cant wait for tonights show! I can't believe that its the finale already.

Edit: Also, how stupid is it that they are hunting a foe they know nothing about? The old man hasn't told them anything about the Master.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 9:41:05 PM EDT
[#22]
wow, internet wasn't working, so I hit the button a few times. Sorry.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 9:41:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Edit: sorry
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 9:41:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Edit: sorry
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 9:41:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

No it ain't!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No it ain't!

Yes it is.......
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 9:57:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Next week is the finale IIRC.
I wish they'd stop wasting time with the hacker chick storyline but at least Mr. Quinlan returns tonight.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 10:21:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Marlo.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 10:45:25 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Yeah last episode was when I finally realized that I'm ok with not liking anyone, I'm just here for the ride
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah I've kinda reached this point.I kept waiting to like eph but yeah he's an asshole

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 10:50:39 PM EDT
[#29]
They're changing the story too much.
ETA: Way too much.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 10:52:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quilan he the man, er, vampire.........what ever he the man.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:04:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I wish they'd stop wasting time with the hacker chick storyline but at least Mr. Quinlan returns tonight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that the tier one vamp?
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:09:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:26:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:32:10 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm happy.  Bye mom.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:42:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Well, that was underwhelming. 10 seconds of quinlan, a bunch of flashbacks, and a botched speech.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:55:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Well, that was underwhelming. 10 seconds of quinlan, a bunch of flashbacks, and a botched speech.
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:02:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Tonight's episode fucking sucked. 5 minutes of that dumb caterwauling doctor skank dragging her fucking feet while the vamps are beating down the door. No urgency there or anything. The flashback's are fine but IMHO it eats up too much screen time.
Then the cool guy vamps were only on screen for like 10 seconds
View Quote

Not to mention the fact that that part wasn't even in the book and ruined a huge part of the storyline from the book down the road.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:46:01 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Not to mention the fact that that part wasn't even in the book and ruined a huge part of the storyline from the book down the road.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Tonight's episode fucking sucked. 5 minutes of that dumb caterwauling doctor skank dragging her fucking feet while the vamps are beating down the door. No urgency there or anything. The flashback's are fine but IMHO it eats up too much screen time.

Yep

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:33:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Glad the mom died.  
Disappointed vampire ninjas were only in there for about a couple secs.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:20:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Yep
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:38:34 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm liking the show, but some of the characters suck.

Am I the only one that looks at Eph and imagines he could be Bill Maher's smarmy douchebag cousin or something?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:40:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Am I the only one that looks at Eph and imagines he could be Bill Maher's smarmy douchebag cousin or something?
View Quote

So in other words the actor is playing the part perfectly.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:48:22 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm still in amazement that they would go hunting something as dangerous as the Master without any explanation of what it is. Why is it 10 times faster than the other vamps? Does it have regular vamp weaknesses? How smart is it? How can we trap it? Kill it? The old man has given them zero explanation of this thing. I wouldn't hunt anything without knowing even just a little info about it, much less something as dangerous as the Master.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:53:56 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:56:24 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I'm still in amazement that they would go hunting something as dangerous as the Master without any explanation of what it is. Why is it 10 times faster than the other vamps? Does it have regular vamp weaknesses? How smart is it? How can we trap it? Kill it? The old man has given them zero explanation of this thing. I wouldn't hunt anything without knowing even just a little info about it, much less something as dangerous as the Master.
View Quote
All in due time

The German moved like lightning too ya know.

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:59:06 PM EDT
[#46]
I thought it was a good episode. Glad we can move on from the mom now. Any idea why Vamp Team 6 wants Gus?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:59:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep

Click To View Spoiler
Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:01:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I thought it was a good episode. Glad we can move on from the mom now. Any idea why Vamp Team 6 wants Gus?
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:04:48 PM EDT
[#49]
The show is currently the best thing on TV right now IMO
I tune in every Sunday
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:20:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
All in due time
Click To View Spoiler

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
All in due time
Click To View Spoiler

I know the German was fast, but when the Master moves you can't even see him. I guess I'm just really curious about him as they've given us nothing about him.

I'm always curious about stories of these old beings. Because I would imagine that if you were immortal,  at some point you would become an emotionless, apathetic, evil and uncaring monster because the only joy you would have is ending people's lives in the most callous way you could think of, as you wish your life would end. I can't think of a more horrible fate than to live forever among the people of Earth.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top