[#2]
I lol'd when I saw this on trip advisor

Most recent review
“dirty place with nasty food”
- Mar 19, 2014
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 11:52:15 PM EDT
[#3]
from an attorney in SC and a friend, the sign is not legal and can be ignored. it meets no state requirements and his business is hurting bad...
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 12:31:35 AM EDT
[#4]
The guy is a carpet bagger from new jersey, making a living in the south, the rebel south, and calls gun owners a bunch of douchebags.... This guy is not in New Jersey anymore, that liberal crap may fly in the blue states, but he just declared his customer base (southerners) unwelcome on his premises. That is really tone deaf. Does he not see the 'real tree' jackets walking down the street? and he does not want their money apparently.
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 4:38:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The guy is a carpet bagger from new jersey, making a living in the south, the rebel south, and calls gun owners a bunch of douchebags.... This guy is not in New Jersey anymore, that liberal crap may fly in the blue states, but he just declared his customer base (southerners) unwelcome on his premises. That is really tone deaf. Does he not see the 'real tree' jackets walking down the street? and he does not want their money apparently.
View Quote

Next to Sandlappers, the largest state representation at Clemson is Jersey.

Why?  Their state university system sucks.
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 5:01:40 AM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

ARF FTMFW

Nice review:
Joe •13 hours ago

This place sucks. The owner was rude. The food sucked. Only good thing was nutting on the hot bartenders face in the parking lot. 87!
2 ?
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 5:23:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

ARF FTMFW

Nice review:
Joe •13 hours ago

This place sucks. The owner was rude. The food sucked. Only good thing was nutting on the hot bartenders face in the parking lot. 87!
2 ?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

ARF FTMFW

Nice review:
Joe •13 hours ago

2 ?

Clint

Management began harassing me after being there for about five minutes. He accused me of having a gun in my pocket. After several denials to his accusations I explained that the overwhelming smell of vagina in the place gave me a stiffy, which, I must admit, does resemble a .44 magnum. After he asked that I show him my "Dirty Harry" I politely refused and left.

Link Posted: 3/20/2014 7:25:11 AM EDT
[#8]
ROFLMAO reading reviews last night. - Creative bunch here. Unfortunately, we are too good with these FIREMISSIONS. What I see happening after the explosion of posts at Yelp and Trip Advisor is after a day or so they purge the posts. Then again, it is still quite fun to see the massive hits on d-bags like this. I'm sure we've got his attention!
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 12:47:45 PM EDT
[#9]

That video in the second link was pretty good, and clearly points out at the same time that the owner is completely clueless.  Even after being interviewed about the incident (and the sign), he still doesn't understand that he called people douchebags.  But then again, according to his own logic, HE'S a douchebag himself.  Ignorante fool.
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 12:50:12 PM EDT
[#10]

So, according to that sign, only the Duck Hunt gun by Nintendo is not allowed.
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 12:53:29 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 12:57:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Hell,  this is more than enough reason fir me to not return to Clemson as a whole... they have some beautiful land but I hate the hippies almost as much as the whole drive a lifted truck and think you are a "redneck" while blasting rap music... the business owner here isnt the only asshat around
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 1:03:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Hit!
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 1:05:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 1:12:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Someone should send this guy over there.  
http://www.jontaffer.com/
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 2:00:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Anyone get this email from yelp?

"Hi there,

We're contacting you about your review of Backstreets Pub & Grill. Though we understand this business has recently received media attention and that users may have strong opinions, Yelp reviews should be focused on everyday customer experiences with a business; we think this is an important requirement for keeping Yelp a useful site for consumer reviews. While you are welcome to post your comments on Yelp Talk, please note that at this time we will be removing any repostings from you to this business listing.

For more information about our Content Guidelines, please visit: www.yelp.com/guidelines "
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 2:03:15 PM EDT
[#17]
I hit up trip advisor  a few  times .

I know they aren't going to get removed because i post alot there .

be sure to give me some helpful votes when they are published :D
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 2:03:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

"Hi there,

We're contacting you about your review of Backstreets Pub & Grill. Though we understand this business has recently received media attention and that users may have strong opinions, Yelp reviews should be focused on everyday customer experiences with a business; we think this is an important requirement for keeping Yelp a useful site for consumer reviews. While you are welcome to post your comments on Yelp Talk, please note that at this time we will be removing any repostings from you to this business listing.

For more information about our Content Guidelines, please visit: www.yelp.com/guidelines "
View Quote

I got it too - I want proof that I havent been there.  Fuck Yelp - probably a bunch of cock sucking liberals based out California too.
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 2:07:44 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I got it too - I want proof that I havent been there.  Fuck Yelp - probably a bunch of cock sucking liberals based out California too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Hi there,

I have flagged about a dozen of the fake five-star reviews for the same reason - they didn't reflect the writer's personal experience with the business.
Yelp removed all but one of them.

LOL @ this:

Link Posted: 3/20/2014 3:21:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Excellent analysis.  This is why southerners dislike a lot of Yankees.  Because these scumbags move south, bring their sick and degenerate mindset with them, vote democrat, and ultimately try to destroy their new home just like they did at their previous residence
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 3:23:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Isn't Charleston like the NJ of SC?  Or the Austin of TX?
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 3:39:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

"Hi there,

View Quote

I got the same message as well
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 5:01:18 PM EDT
[#23]
I just moved to Clemson, SC and created a new Yelp account...
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 5:26:27 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

Done hit it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 5:29:36 PM EDT
[#25]
I live in Clemson.  I think I'll take a ride by the place and see how business is doing.

Edit:  Looked like they had maybe 15 or so people in the bar, but that's a guess.  I just drove by and didn't get out and look for signs or anything.  Busiest place in Clemson tonight.  Of course they roll up the roads about 7pm around here...maybe 10pm on weekend nights.  Everything else was pretty much closed.  What I did see of the crowd gave me the impression of liberal 21 year old thinking they are cool because they're old enough to drink.  I may check again tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 5:35:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Isn't Charleston like the NJ of SC
?  Or the Austin of TX?
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/20/2014 5:41:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Wow. That's just brutal - I love it!
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 5:47:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Hell,  this is more than enough reason fir me to not return to Clemson as a whole... they have some beautiful land but I hate the hippies almost as much as the whole drive a lifted truck and think you are a "redneck" while blasting rap music... the business owner here isnt the only asshat around
View Quote

That is ridiculous.  The number of hippies in Clemson is not even worth mentioning.  It is a conservative school for the most part.
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 5:59:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Left a review.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 2:27:30 PM EDT
[#30]
After watching the news video, he's a bigger d-bag than his sign portrays.  Sanctimonious prick.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 2:56:08 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

After watching the news video, he's a bigger d-bag than his sign portrays.  Sanctimonious prick.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/21/2014 2:59:47 PM EDT
[#32]
probably not even his permit .
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 3:03:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

"Hi there,

View Quote

Yep....... Told I would be busy with sock accounts burning that shit down.... One way or another.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 3:04:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
probably not even his permit .
View Quote

I still don't buy it.  Even though CWP holders might differ in certain views, I just can't see one making the kinds of comments he did.

He's an asshat if he has one or not.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 3:08:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Yelp is showing only 3 reviews.........

Looks like yelp did a data dump on all the posts.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 3:08:38 PM EDT
[#36]
also it's nice to see that those pretty ladies in the video support concealed carry

ask a girl like that up here and the answer would be much different .
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 3:10:02 PM EDT
[#37]
No. I've been informed that customers withholding funds in disagreement of a decision by the ownership is stupid, so we can't do that to this guy.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 3:12:53 PM EDT
[#38]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ8yyun1O9I

In the video he said that it was not appropriate to have guns in "a bar full of children." What sort of bar is he running here? He should have his liquor license removed.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 3:16:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Yet another reason to look down on Clemson.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 3:23:35 PM EDT
[#40]
New Review

"Went here recently for a college recruiting trip with my son.  I was very discouraged to see a sign regarding concealed weapons, I mean this is the South, they believe in freedom, right?  So we brave the waters.  The owner Pete arrives in his limo, and proceeds to rant about the boycott by the gun crowd proclaiming they are nuts.  At this point I feel scared and bail on the empty joint and head to Applebees."

Link Posted: 3/22/2014 5:10:53 PM EDT
[#41]

Gary Coleman • a day ago
I was there last Tuesday, and someone had pooped on all the chairs. There was no where to sit, unless you wanted to sit in poop :( Awful place
1  • Reply•Share ›

Link Posted: 3/22/2014 5:32:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

That video in the second link was pretty good, and clearly points out at the same time that the owner is completely clueless.  Even after being interviewed about the incident (and the sign), he still doesn't understand that he called people douchebags.  But then again, according to his own logic, HE'S a douchebag himself.  Ignorante fool.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Simple explanation. 'Douchebag' is a term of endearment in New Jersey.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 5:43:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

If that was your post, then I award you 1 million Internet's.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
OMG...Which one of you did this:
"I took my mentally challenged pit bull, who is HIV positive, with me there for lunch. Unfortunately, the atrocious food triggered his PTSD from back in his Michael Vick days, and he attacked and raped the loudmouth owner. It was horrible.
If only someone had had a gun."

I will neither confirm nor deny.

If that was your post, then I award you 1 million Internet's.

Thank,you.  I'll put,them in my internet bank.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 5:43:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Well I rated him on yelp.....Facebooked it out to 800 or so peeps and twittered it to about 230, plus I tagged some of the big profile 2A supporters I follow. In my opinion someone who trumps the 2nd Amendment doesn't deserve the 1st. But glad to see he is now experiencing the 1st Amendment on both sides.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 5:51:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Free country brother.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 6:03:09 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote
Easy there cowboy. We are a great venue to visit because we chose to be, not because we have to be...

Link Posted: 3/22/2014 6:06:32 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Easy there cowboy. We are a great venue to visit because we chose to be, not because we have to be...  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Relax, bro. It's all in good fun.

The only teams/fanbases I genuinely hate are that sewer in gainesville, and miami.

Link Posted: 3/22/2014 6:53:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Has anyone found out who the owner of this back street pub is?

I'd like to know where he was born and raised BEFORE relocating to South Carolina!
View Quote

Yes and he was born and raised in NJ if my Facebook foo is correct
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 5:39:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Time for yelp onslaught part 2?
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 6:16:52 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Time for yelp onslaught part 2?
View Quote

yes i will be doing it later
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top