Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 1007
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 1:57:57 PM EDT
[#1]
He's at his grandparents now, probably being spoiled.  His mom is getting some much needed rest at her house, and I'm at the VA for an appointment. The world is realigning.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:11:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JohnnyCarcinogen:
He's at his grandparents now, probably being spoiled.  His mom is getting some much needed rest at her house, and I'm at the VA for an appointment. The world is realigning.
View Quote

For the better I hope. Glad to hear he's doing well. Things come on fast with kids. My daughter catches all the normal kid stuff.

Our trips to the ER are usually she has broken something else.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:12:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:19:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:56:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By milkman110:

Never a need to feel silly when it comes to our kids.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
My little man spent last night in the hospital.  He'd been sneezing and coughing for the past couple days, but yesterday when I went to get him from my folks, he was struggling to breath. Got him to urgent care, where he was given two breathing treatments, and they got him set up at the hospital over concerns of how his breathing would be overnight.   Got another treatment at the hospital, sounds a lot better today. He and his mama are napping while we wait for discharge. Thank goodness for Tricare, otherwise this would bankrupt us.

I was genuinely more scared for him yesterday than I've ever been scared in my life.  I'm kinda the "rub dirt in it" type of father,  so even though I know he needed the help yesterday, finding out it was just a common cold that hit him hard as hell makes me feel a little silly that he's in the hospital.

Never a need to feel silly when it comes to our kids.

Kids go downhill FAST when respiratory issues come up. Be quick to take them in; by the time it's desperate it's too late to get them to definitive care.
20+ year EMT here, BTW.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 7:25:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Breathing problems are nothing to play around with, you did the right thing JC.

Glad its not more serious.

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 9:01:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Originally Posted By dpmmn:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dpmmn:

Originally Posted By MissBheaven:

Thank you JC for the mag link!

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp184/stacy2823/photo161_zpsfb04e5f7.jpg

I didn't know you were looking for mags

A girl can never have tooooooo many mags!  Besides, your so good to me when I call for advice & explanation; try not to EVER take advantage your kindness.  Oh & BIG hug from here DPM!!!

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 9:16:29 AM EDT
[#8]
PLEASE keep Jeep297 & his family in your heart, he needs all our prayers & positive energy.  Can't get near that thread without getting dusty all over the place.  

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 4:15:15 PM EDT
[#9]
PLEASE keep Jeep297 & his family in your heart, he needs all our prayers & positive energy.  Can't get near that thread without getting dusty all over the place.  
View Quote

Yup, I can't imagine having to go through what he and his family are dealing with.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 8:39:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Well all off to attack an extensive underground Yellowjacket nest. Wish me luck
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 8:52:10 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Fire.  Copious amounts of fire.  And then poison.  And then...

saltthemuthafuckinearth
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 8:56:21 PM EDT
[#12]

saltthemuthafuckinearth
View All Quotes

saltthemuthafuckinearth

Unfortunately fire is out . Their tunnel to the nest is actually horizontal in the side of a small hill. So I don't think liquid will work. I've got some powder that forms a cloud when puffed into the hole.

Persistent chemical agents for the win!
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 8:57:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 8:58:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Unfortunately fire is out . Their tunnel to the nest is actually horizontal in the side of a small hill. So I don't think liquid will work. I've got some powder that forms a cloud when puffed into the hole.

View All Quotes

saltthemuthafuckinearth

Watch your cornhole bud.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 9:02:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By hooligan223:

Watch your cornhole bud.
View All Quotes

saltthemuthafuckinearth

Watch your cornhole bud.

I did recon last night and identified 2 possible alternate exits but never any activity at them. This looks to be a busy nest and I don't know how my ass didn't get attacked when cutting grass the other day. My not-a-girlfriend (it's at her house) gave me the blessing to "take care of it", she just "doesn't want to know about it"
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 9:03:51 PM EDT
[#16]

I did recon last night and identified 2 possible alternate exits but never any activity at them. This looks to be a busy nest and I don't know how my ass didn't get attacked when cutting grass the other day. My not-a-girlfriend (it's at her house) gave me the blessing to "take care of it", she just "doesn't want to know about it"
View All Quotes

saltthemuthafuckinearth

Watch your cornhole bud.

In my experience, that means do all sorts of evil to the bugs, just don't char the yard or house.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 9:27:43 PM EDT
[#17]

Well I'm back. Pumped 10 ounces of permethrin into the tunnel. Never heard or saw a peep from them. Just a ghostly white cloud going down the tunnel. Will check back in morning for signs of survivors/activity.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 9:28:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quiet night watching pre-season Pat's game.  

Wet pillow & prayers tonight before curling up to sleep.  

Dream sweet Sa/oU friends.

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 9:36:40 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

You too  Will be dreaming of toes
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 9:37:50 PM EDT
[#20]

Well I'm back. Pumped 10 ounces of permethrin into the tunnel. Never heard or saw a peep from them. Just a ghostly white cloud going down the tunnel. Will check back in morning for signs of survivors/activity.
View Quote

Go get one of those hand pump sprayers, like this, and fill it with gas.  Repeat what you did with the poison, and light the shit.

Just stand a bit to the side of the hole when you do.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:22:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Might be a interesting weekend.  Have you kids figured your feet out yet? Terry's are always stuck in a large body of water as far as I've seen.
MissB the same. Toenails painted all nice and cozy. Standing in the ocean.

Had a friend just call and offer non refundable round trip ticket in the CONUS. He bought it months ago and can't use it.
Leave Saturday must return on Wednesday. After the rush I guess.
What say you fo or no? Anyone have a open couch I could sleep on. Budget traveller here.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:42:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Target, hope you escaped CA & didn't get caught up in the earthquake? (not sure what area of Cali you resided in)  Crossing my fingers your on a trek to Oregon with rest of the family.

Pjoo also have high hopes that your move went well this weekend?

Monday, Monday with not so great news on the thread.  I woke up on the right side of the dirt this morning, was on the road @ the crack of ass.  Making up time @ work for long weekend over Labor Day.  In the meantime, don't give a hoot about usual trivial bs; worried about my friends.  Take it slow & easy until life improves & brings the promise of better days soon. http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m81/Jennda19/Emoticons/heart.gif Love you guys! <a href="http://www.sherv.net/" target="_blank">http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/sad/crying.gif</a>  
View Quote

The move was absolutely insane, but we made it through.  Now it's on to the unpacking ops.  Cannot believe how much stuff a family of 2.5 can accumulate!!!  The gun safe was fun to haul, as was the fish tank...
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:48:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mauser1] [#23]
Originally Posted By pjoo1120:

The move was absolutely insane, but we made it through.  Now it's on to the unpacking ops.  Cannot believe how much stuff a family of 2.5 can accumulate!!!  The gun safe was fun to haul, as was the fish tank...
View All Quotes
Target, hope you escaped CA & didn't get caught up in the earthquake? (not sure what area of Cali you resided in)  Crossing my fingers your on a trek to Oregon with rest of the family.

Pjoo also have high hopes that your move went well this weekend?

Monday, Monday with not so great news on the thread.  I woke up on the right side of the dirt this morning, was on the road @ the crack of ass.  Making up time @ work for long weekend over Labor Day.  In the meantime, don't give a hoot about usual trivial bs; worried about my friends.  Take it slow & easy until life improves & brings the promise of better days soon. http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m81/Jennda19/Emoticons/heart.gif Love you guys! <a href="http://www.sherv.net/" target="_blank">http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/sad/crying.gif</a>  

Glad to see you're working around the rocks in the stream of life. Just be like the water. Nice to see you in tonight.
I hope all are well in your new abode.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:52:52 AM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

Page 145 might help.....
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:58:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Mauser1:

Page 145 might help.....
View All Quotes

Page 145 might help.....

Just saw! Now I'm really waiting for that PM. Good grief
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 1:00:01 AM EDT
[#26]
[b]Originally Posted By Mauser1:
Glad to see you're working around the rocks in the stream of life. Just be like the water. Nice to see you in tonight.
View Quote

Thanks M1!  I'm loving the new place.  Can't wait to get everything set up.  Great to be on the site today.  I miss Sa/oU!  It's the only place I visit on Arfcom anymore for the time being.

Heard Phoenix got lots of rain not too long ago...
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 1:07:27 AM EDT
[#27]

Thanks M1!  I'm loving the new place.  Can't wait to get everything set up.  Great to be on the site today.  I miss Sa/oU!  It's the only place I visit on Arfcom anymore for the time being.

View All Quotes
[b]Originally Posted By Mauser1:

We had over a inch this month. Several places got much more. When it rains a lot here it really screws stuff up. I loved it though.

Non of us are forgetting you anytime soon.

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 1:10:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Can I sign you up for the Sa/oU mop bucket challenge? I've yet to do the restrooms.....
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 1:19:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Can I sign you up for the Sa/oU mop bucket challenge? I've yet to do the restrooms.....
View Quote

What is this challenge you speak of?  Something in response to that damn ice bucket thing?  Hmmmm??? :-)
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 6:45:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 7:28:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 8:37:08 AM EDT
[#32]

What is this challenge you speak of?  Something in response to that damn ice bucket thing?  Hmmmm??? :-)
View All Quotes

Dunk our head into a bucket rather than dump over, we are stupid & unpopular after all.  Have fun with that M1, lol.

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 8:38:16 AM EDT
[#33]

Might be a interesting weekend.  Have you kids figured your feet out yet? Terry's are always stuck in a large body of water as far as I've seen.

Had a friend just call and offer non refundable round trip ticket in the CONUS. He bought it months ago and can't use it.

What say you fo or no? Anyone have a open couch I could sleep on. Budget traveller here.
View Quote

PM sent.

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 8:58:53 AM EDT
[#34]
TGIF Sa/oU crew & friends!!!

Always NICE to see you Pjoo, glad the move is done.

Hooligan, day off just the men of the house?

Wherever you are #1 miss you, hope nothing is wrong with you or the SO...

MM, watch your tushy those yellow jackets will be out for revenge.  Hopefully, after last night they are eradicated.

Y'all have exciting holiday plans?  Crossing my fingers new ink this weekend, maybe couple beverages sitting around fire pit, rest & relaxation.

Planning to blow out a couple ADJ's at work then coast along until early afternoon & head home to beat the tourist traffic.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:21:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hooligan223] [#35]

View Quote

Fo!

I'd offer my couch but staying here would be no vacation.

ETA: We're heading up the mountain tomorrow to find a nice cool stream to soak in, have a picnic and maybe catch a few fish.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:24:03 PM EDT
[#36]

Hooligan, day off just the men of the house?

View Quote

Yup man day today.  We went to Lowe's, the barber shop, Walmart (still no .22 ) had lunch out, got the truck inspected and picked up the girl from school.  Then after the wife got home I took the motorcycle to get it inspected.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 8:49:20 PM EDT
[#37]

Well the permethrin worked wonderfully. No live yellow jackets around. No dead ones seen either, forever underground in their new tomb. It's quiet. Like the nest just never was. I'm tempted to dig it up just to see the destruction I've wrought.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 8:50:14 PM EDT
[#38]

Well the permethrin worked wonderfully. No live yellow jackets around. No dead ones seen either, forever underground in their new tomb. It's quiet. Like the nest just never was. I'm tempted to dig it up just to see the destruction I've wrought.
View Quote

Use a gopro and do it!
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 11:24:30 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm starting to look forward to the weekends less and less.

And this is going to be a long one . . .

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 1:18:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mauser1] [#40]
Originally Posted By TerryC:

View Quote

Why?

IM if you want.

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 10:37:55 AM EDT
[#41]

Why?

IM if you want.

View All Quotes

Why?

IM if you want.

It's nothing really. Just seems lately that if shit is going to go sideways, it's gonna happen right at the beginning of the weekend.

Bad when you start looking forward to Mondays (or in this case, Tuesday).

But the weekend took a turn for the better this morning () and I'm feeling a little more human now.

Oh, I'm still fucked. But I'm not as raw as before . . .

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 8:26:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Have a guest for the weekend, M1 has arrived after a full day of travel.  MissB's home for wayward ARFcom travelers. Poor dessert dwelling baby he's not used to 65 degrees that we call late summer.

Fed him deep fried lobster tails dipped in butter & got him a bottle of Patron; he seems to be adapting so far.

Hang tight Sa/oU I'm coming in hot.

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 8:53:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Have a guest for the weekend, M1 has arrived after a full day of travel.  MissB's home for wayward ARFcom travelers. Poor dessert dwelling baby he's not used to 65 degrees that we call late summer.

Fed him deep fried lobster tails dipped in butter & got him a bottle of Patron; he seems to be adapting so far.

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp184/stacy2823/photo160_zpscdcfc9b3.jpg

View Quote

Sounds like a good time. And I'd love 65 degrees right about now.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 9:30:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Take care of M1 MissB! That lobster sounds delish!
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 9:33:58 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

Have a good time and have a drink for me while you're at it.  I'm tired after a day in the woods with the family playing in the creek and making smores so a drink would probably put me out for the night.  I hope you two have a great weekend.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:22:04 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

You two have a great weekend!
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 8:18:42 AM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:08:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TerryC] [#48]
Headed to the range later. Can't decide whether to FUDD or OPERATE.

Need more coffee to get the mental gears workin' . . .

Maybe I should, um, GET BOTH?!?

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:14:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Fuderate? Sounds like a good time!

Got a project going on Team.

Rabbit hole

Got one prospect that looks good. Any Sa/oU members recommended?
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 1:02:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Headed to the range later. Can't decide whether to FUDD or OPERATE.

Need more coffee to get the mental gears workin' . . .

http://www.fototime.com/%7B7D9D8BE7-1EC0-4B5C-8F47-214573262205%7D/origpict/now%2526then083114.jpg

Maybe I should, um, GET BOTH?!?

View Quote

Yes you should.
Page / 1007
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top