Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 1007
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:58:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hellbent_4:

Nice score on that Black Widow! Is it LR or mag?  I have a newer one in LR and love it. Even made some curly cherry grips for it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mauser1:
As for the gunshow. Didn't go with any big things in mind. Took my Sauer 38H police marked pistol and matching holster and found a buyer. Had it in the safe for a while but would never shoot it. Collectors piece.
Well with  450$ In free funds. I went walking. Was chasing a K frame Smith that got sold out from under me. Found this a model 60-9 that was dropped and the hammer bent. So he just dremmeled it off. 325$.

I'll take that. I cant buy a Taurus for that and I can have it tuned any way I want it. Lighter springs and a action job for that one and it came with a bunch of stuff with it. Spare grips and such.
At less than half msrp.

I always wanted to play with oneof those NAA revolvers. But wasn't willing to spend 300$ for a toy. Found a Black Widow for 175$ with the large rubber grip and real sights. Picked that up too.
So I lost 50$ and picked up some things I can use more. For something I would never use. I just threw in my 642 for scale. I had a lot of fun.
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j480/Mauserone/DSC_0207_zpsbaf77e83.jpg

Nice score on that Black Widow! Is it LR or mag?  I have a newer one in LR and love it. Even made some curly cherry grips for it.

You make custom grips for these? I would like to see them or be able to buy some . IM me.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 10:01:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By JohnnyCarcinogen:

I just got a huge boner.

Seriously, if I could swim, I probably would've joined the navy in hopes of getting on a submarine.
View Quote

They are probably the most bad ass piece of military power I've ever seen.  I witnessed one being loaded with nuclear missles back in the 80's when I lived in Charleston and it was impressive.  I wish I could have taken pictures but the guys in patrol boats would have probably ruined my day.  We went on a field trip and got to go in one but unfortunately they didn't show us much of the good stuff.  It was still cool as hell though.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 10:10:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By hooligan223:

They are probably the most bad ass piece of military power I've ever seen.  I witnessed one being loaded with nuclear missles back in the 80's when I lived in Charleston and it was impressive.  I wish I could have taken pictures but the guys in patrol boats would have probably ruined my day.  We went on a field trip and got to go in one but unfortunately they didn't show us much of the good stuff.  It was still cool as hell though.
View All Quotes

I just got a huge boner.

Seriously, if I could swim, I probably would've joined the navy in hopes of getting on a submarine.

I'm a coldwar nerd.  Born in '79, I grew up in W. Germany, I've seen the border fence, but never the wall, and other than a weekend in Prague in 2010, I've never been past the Iron Curtain.  I can't imagine the pride I'd have if I had the chance to serve on a boomer, knowing that that boat may be the only thing that helps stand between MAD or peace.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 10:20:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hooligan223] [#4]

He is right! Nice place to be. Beautiful.
View All Quotes

Pretty pimp man.

He is right! Nice place to be. Beautiful.

Early in the week there were only about two dozen fishermen in the entire 16 square mile area so I had most of it to myself.   But on Thursday that all changed.

I was fishing my favorite hole and saw 8 or 9 canoes loaded with kids heading my way.  I started praying to the fish gods to please not let them be heading to my spot.  They got within 100 yards and just I thought all hope was lost they turned and went behind some marsh grass.  Whew! I thought.  That was close.  

I keep fishing and about 5 minutes later I hear the shrill shrieks of children and to my dismay I see no less than 25 eight to twelve year old life jacket wearing kids running over the sandy bank from the island and they jump right in the hole I'm fishing.  Within 30 seconds I'm surrounded and thinking to myself, "Holy fuck, WTH do I do now?"  I just knew those kids were going to steal my beef jerky, Mountain Dew, and Snickers if I gave them half a chance. I knew I had to get out of there quick.

A couple of them got caught in the current which caused a few others to turn their attention to helping their fellow yard apes so I seize the opportunity and make my escape and I paddle my ass out of there as quick as my carbon fiber paddle will take me.  I swear as I looked back over my shoulder I saw little Johnny giving me the one finger salute.

The fish gods had forsaken me.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:24:20 AM EDT
[#5]
M1, sorry you missed out on the K-frame.

Maybe if I had been quicker with my response.
Nice 60 though.

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 8:19:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Shit, walking in to work this morning is like a bad dream.

The worst part of vacation is having to come back.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 9:45:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MissBheaven] [#7]
Good morning & happy Monday Sa/oU!!
Hooligan, the 1st few days back after vacation are the worst; feel your pain. NICE pics & beautiful spot for time off, sounds like you broke in the new kayak nicely.  GRATEFUL you had a great time & arrived home safe & sound.  Now you can concentrate on the possible opportunity for new position at work.  
Thanks for the sub pics Terry, naval warfare is an extreme fascination of mine.  Intently watch, study any and all documentaries about subs, mostly on the Military Channel.  The next couple of pics for my office will be along those lines.  Would love to travel to Groton, CT to see what they might let a civilian tour in regards to the base & sub school.  It's well within my striking distance, maybe someday.
M1 you did well this weekend, sounds like a nice show.  There will be 1 here next month, went last year & walked around myself.  Actually had a good time, will most likely attend again.  If not for anything more than to breathe in the good air of like minded people in this state.
Have a lot going on & ton wearing on my mind past few days, ugh; not anything I cannot deal with 1 way or another.  Sometimes you just gotta hold your head up & keep going, that is what I shall do.
Should be a busy & productive week @ work, have a pile of suits in the hopper ready to be processed & sent out.
Have a nice day friends, hugs.

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:59:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hooligan223] [#8]
Uploaded a few more pics.

Flounder hole:

Fort Fisher to Southport Ferry:

Red Drum and Trout hole:
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 10:02:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Nice!
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 10:45:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I may have some fun news sometime tomorrow.  If so, pics will be posted when available.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:20:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:04:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:51:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Happy Birthday Terry!!!!!!

Love you old man.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:52:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:20:15 AM EDT
[#15]

Originally Posted By dpmmn:

Good morning everyone
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:22:32 AM EDT
[#16]

I may have some fun news sometime tomorrow.  If so, pics will be posted when available.
View Quote

Anxiously awaiting JC!

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:53:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Good morning everyone.

Happy Birthday Terry!  

Have you sat on your balls yet you old codger?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:49:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Terry, Survived another year I see.

I hope the rest of you are having a fine morning.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:34:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Happy birthday Terry!
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:52:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Happy Birthday, Terry!

Starting a new work week in a couple hours.  Yay.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:44:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By MissBheaven:
Happy Birthday Terry!!!!!!

Love you old man.
<a href="http://www.sherv.net/heart-emoticon-337.html" target="_blank">http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/facebook/heart.png</a>

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv343/WorlddriVer/Radio/smiles/bin-49.gif

View Quote

Love you too, dear.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:46:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Hooligan, I can neither confirm nor deny that . . .

Big thanks to all of you for the birthday wishes!

Yes, I'm 56 today.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:59:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Hmm, what is this? Says "perishable" better check it out . . .

A box inside of a box, the plot thickens . . .

Two bags. One contains yummy blueberry taffy, and the other?

Lobster, uh, I mean lobstah rolls!

Shipped fresh direct from Maine. About ready to sample my delicious birthday gift!

My e-wife is best e-wife!

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:00:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By TerryC:

Yes, I'm 56 today.

View Quote

Sorry, couldn't resist a friendly jab.  I hope you had a nice day.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:04:28 PM EDT
[#25]
No safe thread.

Iron 883.  Finally back on a bike.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:14:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mauser1] [#26]
No safe thread.
http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b538/Bmill113/20140722_113106_zps9ysgeigh.jpg

View Quote

Shit dude! Nice bike, I like the vintage look. You need to plan some road trips.

Edit for I think Hellbent may come over and murder you in your sleep. He's a Harley fan from way back.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:19:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Man, I had a great time this afternoon! Got to go jet skiing for 3 hours. Went out around Cedar Point into lake Erie and up the Huron river. (google maps for those who care ) Took 15 minutes to get from the Huron light house to the Sandusky bay. Hauling ass the whole way.
Beats going to the gym! (not that I do)

No safe thread.
http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b538/Bmill113/20140722_113106_zps9ysgeigh.jpg

View All Quotes
No safe thread.

Nice! I was looking for a Sport for a while but I don't think it will happen for a number of reasons.

Yes, I'm 56 today.

Damn, I'm not that far behind you But I can say with certainty that I have never sat on mine.

On the brighter side, R1 is at the shop and pics will follow tomorrow night

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:39:10 PM EDT
[#28]

Man, I had a great time this afternoon! Got to go jet skiing for 3 hours. Went out around Cedar Point into lake Erie and up the Huron river. (google maps for those who care ) Took 15 minutes to get from the Huron light house to the Sandusky bay. Hauling ass the whole way.

Nice! I was looking for a Sport for a while but I don't think it will happen for a number of reasons.
Damn, I'm not that far behind you But I can say with certainty that I have never sat on mine.

View All Quotes

No safe thread.

Yes, I'm 56 today.

I don't want to miss the party, Happy B-day TC, Don't confirm, let The Whippersnappers find out for Themselves.

Jet ski's, Harley's, new gun's and fresh seafood, I love living vicariously through You All. Anyone adopting disabled over 50 basement

dweller, I can ditch the Wife, If so, I may know one.

Great Flower/Hbird picts, sub picts were awesome, glad the new ship is working for You-Capt Hooligan.

Have a GREAT rest of the week Sa/oU Folks!!

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:34:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Nice to see the crew is alive and kicking. Drinks are on Terry!!! Club sodas for the house.
Just had to get that last dig in old man.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:30:46 AM EDT
[#30]
No safe thread.

View Quote

Cool.  I like the simple bikes.  If you ever head out to NC out it be sure to hit me up and I'll give you a tour.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:34:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By 1Bool:

Great Flower/Hbird picts, sub picts were awesome, glad the new ship is working for You-Capt Hooligan.

Have a GREAT rest of the week Sa/oU Folks!!

View Quote

Yeah I'm pretty happy with it.  I almost got dumped a couple times, the wind was brutal and the water was damn choppy in the afternoons.  M1 was right though, it didn't improve my fishing.  It did make it more enjoyable to be out there however.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:25:46 AM EDT
[#32]

No safe thread.

View Quote

AWESOME ride JC!!!  I see a few 2 wheel road trips in your future.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:57:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Hellbent, what about jet-ski pics to go along with R1?  Never been anywhere near Cedar Point, Lake Erie, Huron River or Sandusky Bay, sounds like a beautiful trip, pic of light house or other aforementioned sites?  

MissB may have a pic or 2 to share coming up soon myself.

What is all this about crushing one's nuggets? Must be a guy thing, grateful I don't have any to sit on because it sounds extremely painful.

#1 if you were on the side of the road with your thumb in the air wouldn't hesitate to pull over, lol.  HOW are all those baby cats

Terry, grateful you enjoyed the special day & tasty treats from Maine.

Hooligan, NICE pics, beautiful spot you picked to rest & relax.

Busy day ahead, looking forward to heading home with no plans or errands after work.  Cold front heading this way to wash away thick dew point air & deliver more comfortable summer weather but drags along with it bad storms.  Hoping to make it home & off the road before the shit hits the fan this time.

Happy Bump day Sa/oU, hugs from here. <yes, that is a shout out to Ohio, hehe>

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:58:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Yup, boobs aren't the only thing affected by gravity and time.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:29:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By MissBheaven:
Happy Bump day Sa/oU, hugs from here. <yes, that is a shout out to Ohio, hehe>

View Quote

Hi there, MissB!
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:44:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Terry seems to be full of Robster. He missed his normal hump day post. MissB is in and so is OHIO.

Me being the slacker I am. Am looking outside at a day that's supposed to be 110+ and wondering if I really want to drop that gun off for the action job.

At 5:30 this morning, before sun up they said it was 95. My lows are higher than MissB's highs.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 1:21:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MissBheaven] [#37]

Yup, boobs aren't the only thing affected by gravity and time.
View Quote

Understood, lol, least I don't have to worry about sitting on my sweater puppies.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 1:28:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hooligan223] [#38]
Terry seems to be full of Robster. He missed his normal hump day post. MissB is in and so is OHIO.

Me being the slacker I am. Am looking outside at a day that's supposed to be 110+ and wondering if I really want to drop that gun off for the action job.

At 5:30 this morning, before sun up they said it was 95. My lows are higher than MissB's highs.

View Quote

Higher than mine too.  I think the warmest it got all week last week was 91.  It's been much cooler than normal this July.  Usually we have hit 100 at least once by now.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:43:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Reports of me being in a lobster induced stupor are greatly slightly exaggerated.

But I was running late this morning, so no time for humpday duties. Will step up my efforts (get my ass out of bed on time) . . .

Nice ride JC!

High 90s with afternoon thunderstorms has become the routine here. Although Saturday looks like it might be clear for a beach trip.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:09:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Pic as promised!!
Had a very enjoyable hour at the LGS picking it up. Another guy was there picking up a Springfield and a PPK.
The Owner had TWELVE of his 1911s out we proceeded to FF the lot.
I had heard that Remington was having QC issues lately but nothing I can see so far. Fit and finish is first rate.
Nice trigger too! Can't wait to shoot it.
Displayed here along with a few other cold war relics.

Sorry MissB, no pics of road water trip. Don't have an ipotato and it's kind of hard to take a pic at 50mph out on the open lake.
Legs are kind of stiff today but not as bad as they should have been! The guy who owns them likes to go FAST. Even running up the river we were hauling.

Happy humpies everyone!
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:01:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mauser1] [#41]
Pic as promised!!
Had a very enjoyable hour at the LGS picking it up. Another guy was there picking up a Springfield and a PPK.
The Owner had TWELVE of his 1911s out we proceeded to FF the lot.
I had heard that Remington was having QC issues lately but nothing I can see so far. Fit and finish is first rate.
Nice trigger too! Can't wait to shoot it.
Displayed here along with a few other cold war relics.

http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u610/54Cal_Kidd/DSCN2711b_zps2dc8a52a.jpg

Sorry MissB, no pics of road water trip. Don't have an ipotato and it's kind of hard to take a pic at 50mph out on the open lake.
Legs are kind of stiff today but not as bad as they should have been! The guy who owns them likes to go FAST. Even running up the river we were hauling.

Happy humpies everyone!
View Quote

Nice gun. I really like it but it doesn't like me. Spur hammer 1911's bite the shit out of me. But it looks really cool.
I really like how you laid that out.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 1:07:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Page 140 is full of win.  Just cause we may be stoopid and unpopular, doesn't mean we're losers.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 1:31:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Is this where I'm supposed to say things because I"m new?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 1:44:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By DirkDirkovich:
Is this where I'm supposed to say things because I"m new?
View Quote

Yeah, pretty much.
Who the fuck are you, and why should we care?

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 1:47:44 AM EDT
[#45]
Just some guy.  You should care because I'm some guy.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 2:23:14 AM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

Well......
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 2:38:10 AM EDT
[#47]

Well......
View All Quotes

Well......

Hi, I was just wondering if anybody eats cheetos dipped in a can of cheez whiz which is resting on the belly while watching wrestling on the recliner wearing tighty  whities?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:06:39 AM EDT
[#48]

Hi, I was just wondering if anybody eats cheetos dipped in a can of cheez whiz which is resting on the belly while watching wrestling on the recliner wearing tighty  whities?
View Quote

People still wear tighty whities?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:38:52 AM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

Just a girl here.  Hello & welcome!

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:42:01 AM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

Oh God hope not, boxer briefs ftw!

Page / 1007
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top