Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/21/2013 3:51:07 PM EDT
Everytime there is an update, the browser gets worse.

I used to be able to click the 'green arrow' for the last read posts in threads.. now I can't unless I zoom in real close.

Fuckin A.
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 3:53:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Chrome?
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 3:53:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Get firefox.
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 3:58:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Your fingers just got fatter.
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 3:59:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Chrome?

Tried it.  Doesn't fit the text to the width of the screen.
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 3:59:46 PM EDT
[#5]
my droid never updates.
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 4:01:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Works about 80% of the time for me now. Was 99% before. Threads with long titles tend to be the failed ones more oft than not.
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 4:02:21 PM EDT
[#7]
OP, agreed 100%

the shift function on my key board is now fucked as is the autocorrect function plus I am having trouble with clicking links
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 4:03:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Are you sure it's not app updates?
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 5:59:56 PM EDT
[#9]
oh and another fucking thing

when I start a google search by typing, it always puts my 2nd letter I type BEFORE the first so it's a dyslexic fucking mess
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 6:00:27 PM EDT
[#10]
reboot phone.  Never had a problem with my updates on Droid Razr HD
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 6:07:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Had a Droid.  Replaced it with an iPhone 5.  Problem(s) solved.  I know there's a lot of Apple hate on here but, at least in my experience, there's simply no comparison-both hardware and software-wise.  BTW, I'm assuming you are referring to a phone.  If you're talking about a pad, disregard as I have no experience with them.
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 6:10:45 PM EDT
[#12]
arfcom needs bigger green arrows PERIOD
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 7:06:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Its whatever update android has every 6 months to a year.

It updates the standard browser, and it is going down hill every update.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 6:06:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, there's your problem! That, and you really should switch to Chrome if you want the default browser; as that is default for all Android phones now.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.mgeek.TunnyBrowser
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 6:08:48 AM EDT
[#15]
every android OS update has been a huge improvement for me
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 6:10:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Had a Droid.  Replaced it with an iPhone 5.  Problem(s) solved.  I know there's a lot of Apple hate on here but, at least in my experience, there's simply no comparison-both hardware and software-wise.  BTW, I'm assuming you are referring to a phone.  If you're talking about a pad, disregard as I have no experience with them.

Apple is great, if you enjoy proprietary bullshit and parting with your wallet.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 8:11:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, there's your problem! That, and you really should switch to Chrome if you want the default browser; as that is default for all Android phones now.

If someone could tell me how to change the settings in chrome where text will fit to page width.. I'd use it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 8:14:24 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If someone could tell me how to change the settings in chrome where text will fit to page width.. I'd use it.

You can't with Chrome. It doesn't reflow the text, which is just stupid. I sold an Ipad because it wouldn't do that.

Link Posted: 4/22/2013 8:17:47 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unless you compiled Android from source yourself, and managed to install it on your phone with all the code for the radios, etc, you're holding "proprietary bullshit" in your hand.

Link Posted: 4/22/2013 8:19:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Try "Boat" browser...
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 8:21:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Unless you compiled Android from source yourself, and managed to install it on your phone with all the code for the radios, etc, you're holding "proprietary bullshit" in your hand.

Everything is free with Android. Is everything free with Apple?
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 8:22:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can't with Chrome. It doesn't reflow the text, which is just stupid. I sold an Ipad because it wouldn't do that.

Then, I ain't using it.

I tried Firefox... had the same problem.

Oh well.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 8:27:58 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Huh? I have a shit ton of paid for apps on my Android phone. And I have a lot of free apps on my iOS devices.

What are you referring to, exactly? Apps? And if so, what does the price of an app have to do with it's proprietary nature? Are you only running Open Source applications? I kind of doubt it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 8:33:29 AM EDT
[#24]
If none of the updates fixed anything for you, why not just install whatever version you liked from the past?  Or a custom ROM?

Link Posted: 4/22/2013 8:34:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
If none of the updates fixed anything for you, why not just install whatever version you liked from the past?  Or a custom ROM?

It fixes issues that needed to be fixed.

Its the browser that I wish they had left alone.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 8:35:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

All apps that I use on my iPhone 5 have been free.  In fact, I spent more on the "free" Android apps than I ever have on Apple apps.  Don't get too hung up on Android being open-source.  All smart phone software is proprietary (and closed) to a large degree.  Apple is more tightly controlled than other companies, but those controls also mean that the apps typically run better.  I paid a little more for my iPhone because I wanted a better experience and better quality.  I do the same with other consumer goods, as well.  And man is it nice not to have to do a battery pull EVERY SINGLE DAY to get the phone working again.    

Link Posted: 4/22/2013 8:40:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Dolphin HD browser
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 8:40:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

FSA ?
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 8:42:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

In that case you could probably install the older browser apk file to get it back, but leave the other fixes.  Personally, I'd try a bunch of the various alternative browsers first, but I bet there's someone at XDA that has the original browser apk that you could load on it.

Link Posted: 4/22/2013 8:42:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In that case you could probably install the older browser apk file to get it back, but leave the other fixes.  Personally, I'd try a bunch of the various alternative browsers first, but I bet there's someone at XDA that has the original browser apk that you could load on it.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 8:44:06 AM EDT
[#31]
The update made things better. Threw me off, me and SevenMaryThree got ours about the same time last month when I came out to Phoenix. Texting each other garbage because the layout and some stuff was different. Overall, it made some improvements that I enjoy (pandora playing now has controls when it's locked so I don't have to unlock and pull up pandora every time.)

The touch sensitivity may have decreased and that's why it's hard to punch that stupid green arrow. It's also made me type some weird shit in texts and posts where I have to go back and edit like 5 times. That's about the only flaw that's buggin me but if that's the worst of it, I can deal with it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 8:46:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Yeah...the last couple updates have pissed me off.  

Especially the camera and calendar updates.  I use those two a lot.  It wasn't broke before.  It's less intuitive and user friendly now.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 8:47:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Yeah...the last couple updates have pissed me off.  

Especially the camera and calendar updates.  I use those two a lot.  It wasn't broke before.  It's less intuitive and user friendly now.  

I hate the calendar layout. Adding events (I use it for my work schedule) is a bitch now.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 8:49:24 AM EDT
[#34]
The last calendar pissed me off. Can't say I looked at the current one.

I didn't notice any changes to my camera. Hang on, uploading cock pic now.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 8:52:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Same here.  My old Bionic gets better and better with each update.  I refuse to upgrade my phone through Verizon as I will lose my cheap unlimited data plan.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 8:57:40 AM EDT
[#36]
I had some problems with my location services but I figured it out. The jellybean update was good to my droid.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 8:58:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Apple probably has more free apps than Google and the ones you pay for are generally cheaper than their Android counterpart.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 8:58:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I had some problems with my location services but I figured it out. The jellybean update was good to my droid.

I keep getting a 'enable location serves for google apps' error msg when trying to use maps / location.

Tis a bitch.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 9:01:33 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I keep getting a 'enable location serves for google apps' error msg when trying to use maps / location.

Tis a bitch.

GOOGLE IT BITCH!

I did too and I was midst travel trying to get from point A to Point b in PHX. Luckily my memory kicks in for navigation, go figure.

Let me think, you have to go into your system settings for the phone. Under location access you have to select the second option after e911 only which should be "access to my location" and make sure it is on. I also check the others down below like VZW loc serv and google mobile network location and enable them.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 9:02:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Chrome?

Tried it.  Doesn't fit the text to the width of the screen.

Uh... mine does. Portrait or landscape. Now it doesn't wrap if I zoom, but if I zoom on something I don't want it to wrap it anyway.

Posted from phone w/ chrome.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 9:05:32 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tis a bitch.

GOOGLE IT BITCH!

I did too and I was midst travel trying to get from point A to Point b in PHX. Luckily my memory kicks in for navigation, go figure.

Let me think, you have to go into your system settings for the phone. Under location access you have to select the second option after e911 only which should be "access to my location" and make sure it is on. I also check the others down below like VZW loc serv and google mobile network location and enable them.

Did it.

Still didnt' work.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 10:04:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It works for me on most websites, but I have a 720p screen; yours might be to small.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 10:10:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/22/2013 10:10:36 AM EDT
[#44]
People still use carrier-provided software and updates?  I've lost count of how many times one of my droid-using friends had to exchange their bricked device due to a bad update.  It has happened to my brother twice in the last 6 months.  The updates went through and the devices just quit working

Currrently running CaptivatingM3 + semaphore on my S1.  Prior to that was CM10.1 + semaphore.   If you own an android device you need to register over at XDA forum and bookmark the section for your device.  You're missing out on better looks, better performance, better battery life, more customizations, more apps(root-only apps like Titanium Backup), etc.

Link Posted: 4/22/2013 10:11:38 AM EDT
[#45]
*Robot Voice*....DRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 10:12:12 AM EDT
[#46]
I used to have that problem on my iPhone but I have never had it on my Android.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 10:12:38 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

*Robot Voice*....DRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID

That notification sound is available from zedge for non-Droid users.  I have it on my Galaxy S1.

Link Posted: 4/22/2013 12:40:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Get firefox.

Its like that for firefox and EVERYTHING ELSE for that matter.

Wish I could just not update anything but they make it annoying as fuck.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 1:11:58 PM EDT
[#49]
My Bionic is doing the same thing with the browser as yours.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 1:14:12 PM EDT
[#50]
This last software update blows...no more flash and my entire phone is slower.

There is even a PITA delay when I answer a call.

It doesn't even do phone calls well now

I would roll back, but i have to get a new phone soon anyway...

Speed
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top