Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/18/2012 1:55:43 PM EDT
I've heard people say an awful lot of stupid shit about guns over the last week, but my favorite came last night while listening to WGN Radio. I have no idea who this knucklehead was, but he claimed to know "a little bit about guns", and said that you could convert a semi-auto ar-15 to full auto with...

Wait for it...

A toothpick!

My God, if I could've jumped through the radio and strangled...  Oh nevermind.

What's the dumbest thing you've heard so far?
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 1:57:45 PM EDT
[#1]
That the 2nd Amendment was enacted because of Indians.

And that we don't need AR15s because a 1860s model Navy Pistol can stop a mack truck.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 1:58:30 PM EDT
[#2]
that we need to join hands and remove guns from the hands of the "populous" to protect children
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 1:59:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Non-gun people repeatedly using the term "semi-automatic" like it means anything. I'm sure most of these idiots assume "semi-automatic" = "full automatic".

Hell, I see it as a challenge. Take away semi-auto and I'll see how damn good I can get with a bolt action. Just means more training.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 1:59:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I heard Magpul stopped taking Pmag orders
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:00:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Everything
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:01:32 PM EDT
[#6]
"Friend" on facebook said people didn't need guns to protect them from the boogey man under their beds, and that we could rely on police protection like they rest of the people.

No response when I suggested he tell that to the thousands of women a year who are raped in their own homes.

He also said some crap about closing loopholes that allowed people to buy semi automatic weapons after the 1986 ban.  I basically said he was retarded and didn't know what he was talking about.  Of course, he tried to talk his way out of it by saying I didn't understand what he meant..lol  Fucking idiots want to debate things they are clueless about.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:01:55 PM EDT
[#7]
The Buswhacker is the most powerful rifle in the world.

Oh wait..that is two things...
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:04:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This...and the Sig Snauzer, used in the same sentence.  And I totally agree.  I don't think we should stop until this Bushwhacker and Sig Snauzer company are brought to justice

ETA:
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:11:35 PM EDT
[#9]
piers morgan the other night "policemen are all expert marksmen".
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:13:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Too much to even begin describing.  The misinformation campaign is going full speed ahead in the media.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:15:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This...and the Sig Snauzer, used in the same sentence.  And I totally agree.  I don't think we should stop until this Bushwhacker and Sig Snauzer company are brought to justice

ETA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Ude0WQCB0

Lol. I've been reading about it, but this is the first time I saw it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:15:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:17:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Much of what was posted above and a growing amount of items in GD
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:21:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Best one today is that Bushmaster is the preferred firearm of the Mexican drug cartels.   Yesterday was some former FBI asst. director saying the 2nd Amendment is no longer effective for what it was written for to allow for the overthrow of tyranny because the US government can respond using nukes.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:22:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Gun enthusiasts routinely convert semi automatic rifles to full automatic.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:22:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Best one today is that Bushmaster is the preferred firearm of the Mexican drug cartels.   Yesterday was some former FBI asst. director saying the 2nd Amendment is no longer effective for what it was written for to allow for the overthrow of tyranny because the US government can respond using nukes.

LOL...
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:23:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:23:45 PM EDT
[#18]
My local news reported that Nancy Pelosi is calling for a ban of all high capacity clips.  So you Garand guys need to watch out, you may loose your 8 round enbloc clips.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:25:35 PM EDT
[#19]
the 223 assault weapn is the most powerful gun in the United States -- a Fox news reporter !!  ohh and someone else saying it can shoot 5,000 rounds per minute with all these 'clips'

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:27:58 PM EDT
[#20]
The 'its for the children' crap is full tilt with everyone I know...I just want to run away.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:28:24 PM EDT
[#21]
From Sen. Mark Warner (D-Va.)  

... "There’s got to be a way to put reasonable restrictions, particularly as we look at assault weapons, as we look at these fast clips of ammunition.”............

Good Lord. I assume he is a highly intelligent man. Read a book before you open your pie hole.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:29:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Carolyn Malone (D) NY say that 100 bullet clips could spray bullets all over
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:29:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Bushwacker
AK15
CLips
Hi Cap Clips

Oh and that a glock can shoot 5rnds per second.............
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:31:47 PM EDT
[#24]
From a facebook person"not friend" I had an argument with.

"Assault weapons are only good for killing large groups of innocent people "

"guns cause spree killings"

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:31:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is good stuff... but seriousy, i do not like her media reporting skills
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:32:35 PM EDT
[#26]
I was told that hollow points explode.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:33:43 PM EDT
[#27]
From another forum;

I recall a kid in my elementary school kicked our teacher in the shin and gashed her shin wide open....

Imagine if she had a gun?

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:35:28 PM EDT
[#28]
I was told that I don't need to own military weapons and that I could have no possible need for clips holding 30 bullets.

I replied that I like 30 round magazines and I enjoy my military style weapons, that's all that 'I need'.

Chris
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:38:19 PM EDT
[#29]
$59 for a PMag.

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:39:18 PM EDT
[#30]
I just saw on ABC that pistol grips make AR15's unbelievable dangerous, in addition to their ability to take unlimited amounts of ammunition.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:43:14 PM EDT
[#31]
wow.. a lot !

2nd amendment is not meant for semi autos

your a coward if you own one, man up and have some balls and " fight" with your fists.

2nd was meant for indian defense

europe is much safer, due to massive gun bans..and they wanted to move, ( but could not explain why germany - russia had massive genocide, and stomped on citizens

deer rifles good..... semi autos bad

cant hunt with a ar-15

no one needs a 30 round mag to hunt

no sporting purpose

you dont need more than a couple rounds for self defense

only baby killers own such rifles.

WE MUST BAN ALL GUNS !

why are gun owners so scared? why are they buying so many guns? what are they scared of, noone wants to ban guns
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:44:18 PM EDT
[#32]
All gunowners are psychos. To which i replied at least 50% of the population is "psycho" then. I was then called an extremist. I laughed. A lot.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:45:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Gun enthusiasts routinely convert semi automatic rifles to full automatic.

heard this exact quote on NPR yesterday on my drive home.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:46:48 PM EDT
[#34]
every spoken word  by MSNBC hosts
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:48:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The 'its for the children' crap is full tilt with everyone I know...I just want to run away.

heres one for you whirlygirl !

some lady ( in her 20's, early 30's), said. " we do not need the 2nd amendment, or constitution in a modern society.

i told her, " really? then i do not guess you need the right to vote, and should get your butt back in the kitchen. we will confiscate your computer, cause you do not need to be ising that free speach, nor do you need to go to your catholic church, your hindu now.  etc, etc.

god people are stupid.

i basically said later.

important decisions in life, should be based on facts, and not emotion. I see little fact, and lots of emotion in here, especially among the women. If your a woman, and using facts, i have much respect for you. However, the rest who are screeching for gun bans, based on emotion, well, im sure your entire life is full of emotion based mistakes, i doubt one more will matter.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:48:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
ohh and someone else saying it can shoot 5,000 rounds per minute with all these 'clips'

What man, you can't pull your trigger 83 times a second and reload instantaneously?  Fuck, go practice dude
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:48:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Idiot on a different board says he has rifles and hunts, but doesn't see any reason for AR's. He also said because it's someones right he still doesn't care.

I posted back asking why he was scared of an inanimate object. Waiting for the rant reply.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:49:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Bushwacker
AK15
CLips
Hi Cap Clips

Oh and that a glock can shoot 5rnds per second.............

glock 20's are for polar bears! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

( which ironically, is the politically correct use for guns, HUNTING, but now its powerful, and extra dangerous)..... god the stupidity ! ! !
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:49:48 PM EDT
[#39]
A woman where I work -
"It says he used two 9mm handguns.  He must have had more bullet clips, because a 9mm can only shoot 6 times."

An idiot on Facebook -
"The 2nd Amendment was about muskets because that's all they had then.  And they took 20 minutes to reload, not like assault weapons now with long clips."
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:50:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Some idiot pulled out the teflon coated bullet BS.

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:51:40 PM EDT
[#41]
only the military or cops should own assault weapons!

you don't need thirty round clips to hunt deer!

we need to be like China at least they have good gun control! (no lie..dude had a hammer and sycle (sp) as his profile pic)

The NRA is lobbying the government to produce mass murders!

the founding fathers would not want us to have semi automatic weapons!
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:52:26 PM EDT
[#42]
The "rapid assault magazine clip"

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:54:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Mayor Bloomburg said the NRA would support nuke ammo, as in big boom.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:54:21 PM EDT
[#44]
i used this.

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” sigmund freud.

that went over really well...
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:55:16 PM EDT
[#45]
A highschool classmate who is now a principal posted this on FB: "I would like to see guns obliterated from the general public"
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:55:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Salesman at the local gun shop, speaking to a newbie regarding ARs: "aw, brands don't matter, there is no such thing as a BAD brand..."
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 3:01:21 PM EDT
[#47]
the second amendment was meant to kill Injuns
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 3:02:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
A highschool classmate who is now a principal posted this on FB: "I would like to see guns obliterated from the general public"

They are teaching our children.

Saw a CBS News reporter say that the 10mm handgun was "for hunting polar bears"

Could not believe my ears.  

I want to duck and cover for about 60 days.

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 3:03:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol. I've been reading about it, but this is the first time I saw it.

you cant make this shit up
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 3:04:03 PM EDT
[#50]
The below quotes are from women in my office, many of whom are in very prominent positions and are huge contributors to the Republican Party.

-if you have guns in your house you should allow the police to inspect them annually to make sure that your legal and safe. If you're not doing anything wrong, why would you care about letting the police access to your house and guns?

-semi automatic machine guns should not be allowed.

-I don't care about the Constitution, if it weren't for the military guns on the street 20 children would still be alive.

-my husband has a Bushmaster and he should be forced to turn it in. Only breech loading rifle should be allowed.

If modern Republicans are thinking in this way, I think we have pretty big problems on our hands. The media is winning.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top