User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 12:00:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rather than complaining endlessly, please stay out of that forum and you will have a much more enjoyable experience on the site.  

Thanks again for your input, I do stay out of that forum.

I'm sorry you don't like seeing the hypocrisy pointed out but if you don't read the threads where it's brought up it might not bother you so much.

Link Posted: 7/19/2012 12:03:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rather than complaining endlessly, please stay out of that forum and you will have a much more enjoyable experience on the site.  

I'm sorry you don't like seeing the hypocrisy pointed out but if you don't read the threads where it's brought up it might not bother you so much.

*Or start your own site, attract a bunch of members, then do anything you wish.

What hypocrisy? You equated a rule about not posting watermarked images with promoting copyright infringement.

Actually, you said something different from what the quoted BOTD rule says.

There really is a simple solution if you do not like how The Owner and his Staff run a private site.

You have been given it.

Link Posted: 7/19/2012 12:05:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Well this is getting good

Link Posted: 7/19/2012 12:07:03 PM EDT
[#4]

He got crazy eyes.

By dscotthewitt at 2012-07-16
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 12:14:25 PM EDT
[#5]
In on 4
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 12:14:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 12:19:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I didn't realize there was a shortage of places on the Internet where one could find pics and videos of boobs.

We need to do something about this immediately.

You should start a website called "Boobs for arfcom"

Link Posted: 7/19/2012 12:25:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Recently I had a long time out and was not allowed to login to my account here on AR15, Well I don't know if you know it or not but they have commercials that play on this site for non team members to enjoy. One of the ads was for a Hot Tub  and it featured a big tittied model in a skimpy bikini I thought that was kind of odd considering the rules here.

thats come up with staff more than once

That's actually hilarious.

To be sure, I support the no-bikini rules, but it's hilarious that it's somehow OK if it's from an ad.

That is an outside company and the site has no control over the content.

Just like you have no control over what we post!

Ban the advertisers for violating the CoC!!!!

Link Posted: 7/19/2012 12:25:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What hypocrisy? You equated a rule about not posting watermarked images with promoting copyright infringement.

There really is a simple solution if you do not like how The Owner and his Staff run a private site.

You have been given it.

Hey i know its tough to come down from the moral high ground but thats okay, you wont get too muddy down here with the rest of us.

Since you seem both knowledgeable and antsy to jump in on the dogpile I'll ask you a simple question.... What percentage of BOTD images do you think are copyrighted material?

Doesn't have to be exact, take a guess. It'll be fun!
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 12:34:27 PM EDT
[#10]
It's a common refrain, and I don't understand it.    Is your brain wired so that Boobies and Violence are in the exact same area?  

Why the fuck do people even make the comparison.  Two completely separate and different subjects.  

Link Posted: 7/19/2012 1:16:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 1:29:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Recently I had a long time out and was not allowed to login to my account here on AR15, Well I don't know if you know it or not but they have commercials that play on this site for non team members to enjoy. One of the ads was for a Hot Tub  and it featured a big tittied model in a skimpy bikini I thought that was kind of odd considering the rules here.

thats come up with staff more than once

That's actually hilarious.

To be sure, I support the no-bikini rules, but it's hilarious that it's somehow OK if it's from an ad.

That is an outside company and the site has no control over the content.

Just like you have no control over what we post!

Ban the advertisers for violating the CoC!!!!

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-iEqBsCGuEuw/T_ymutwTZNI/AAAAAAAABJE/ulcoNQWCf-Q/s800/1341932052481.jpg

Actually, the Mods DO have control over what we post. They can and do issue COC Violations.

Link Posted: 7/19/2012 1:31:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have been given it.

Hey i know its tough to come down from the moral high ground but thats okay, you wont get too muddy down here with the rest of us.

Since you seem both knowledgeable and antsy to jump in on the dogpile I'll ask you a simple question.... What percentage of BOTD images do you think are copyrighted material?

I have no idea. BOTD is for Paid Memberships.

I'm not.

And it is just hilarious that you equate reminding you that you have to right to start your own site, instead of bitching about the CoC you agreed to when you signed up, to be some kind of "moral high ground". It's just a fact.

Link Posted: 7/19/2012 1:32:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I find your taste in animated gifs to be exquisite. That is a right-click/Save as if there ever was one.

Feel free.

I did...........
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 2:45:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Badguys meeting a grizzly end is a good thing mmkay.

So are tits.

And Ass..

Link Posted: 7/19/2012 2:52:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah if you came here looking for logic, keep looking.
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 3:30:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have been given it.

I have no idea. BOTD is for Paid Memberships.

I'm not.

And it is just hilarious that you equate reminding you that you have to right to start your own site, instead of bitching about the CoC you agreed to when you signed up, to be some kind of "moral high ground". It's just a fact.

I didn't think you'd hazard a guess, that's okay.

As long as were chatting, I think it's just hilarious that someone who self identifies as having no idea about the BOTD forum is involved with this conversation at all.

Also I'm not complaining about the site coc (technically it's the BOTD forum rule, not the coc), like I said in my first post I think it's stupid but so what. Private property ownership and all that good stuff, right? It's one of the things that makes America great, right?

I'm just looking for what legitimate reason exists for the site to only allow pictures without watermarks or other identifying attribution on them. Even when these same pictures are clearly from other popular and well-known adult sites.  Drawing a parallel, what would you think about a olace that only allowed pistols with the serial number ground off?

If you don't know the answer then I'd kindly ask you to stop guessing, theorizing and then getting on my case about pointing it out.

And for the record, I have asked staff before and never received a reply.
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 4:46:32 PM EDT
[#18]
As the one who started the topic I will say, it was not meant only for this site. Youtube does the same thing, no boobs but adult content, network TV same thing.
I have a choice to comply with the rules, and I will. Was more a question about society in general. I think I would rather have my kid see playboy than a book edition of faces of death, And yes once I saw BOTD I felt like an ass and put 2 and 2 together. I can be a little slow on the up take.
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 6:17:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Any pics which are posted in GD are expected to be "G-rated" and NOT show such things as cleavage or excessively short skirts/shorts

Maybe only topics that have a coresponding animation are allowed..........

Crazy eyes threads
 Band Worship threads
Military wasting Infidel threads+video
Topics relating to internet dating
Dag threads
and of course, Chainsaw executions

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top