Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 5/22/2011 10:41:55 PM EDT
To this day, if his hunting show comes on or if a commercial comes on with him in it.... I change the channel... never forget!

- Clint
Link Posted: 5/22/2011 10:47:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't forgotten. Piss on Zumbo the Dumbo !! He can kiss our AR15 totin' asses.

Link Posted: 5/22/2011 10:49:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Never forget, never forgive.
Link Posted: 5/22/2011 10:49:15 PM EDT
[#3]
What did he say?
Link Posted: 5/22/2011 10:50:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What did he say?

story i read was he basically called ar15s terrorist guns, and arfcom went apeshit shortly thereafter, and ol zumbo had to find a new job for a while.
Link Posted: 5/22/2011 10:50:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

What did he say?

Basically he spewed the same dribble about ARs and AKs as the liberals do

Link Posted: 5/22/2011 10:51:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What did he say?

He was the one that publicly claims to be a supporter of 2nd amendment rights, then turned around and denounced the use of "military type" weapons for hunting.
His focus on our weapons started out as him ranting about prairie dog hunters using AR15's, then on 16 February, 2007, he specifically called the AR15 a "Terrorist rifle".
The Outdoor Channel tossed his hunting show due to his crap, then hired him back a few months later. As far as I know, he has kept his shit-hole shut ever since.
Link Posted: 5/22/2011 10:53:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What did he say?

Some fudd comment about how EBRs are evil. He was subsequently boycotted, so he changed his tune.

As far as I'm concerned, he's learned his lesson.
Link Posted: 5/22/2011 10:57:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, I guess I missed that one.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 5/22/2011 11:12:16 PM EDT
[#9]
May Fuck Be Upon Him... Ass
Link Posted: 5/22/2011 11:21:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Fuck zumbo
Link Posted: 5/22/2011 11:23:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What did he say?

A brief summary....
Link Posted: 5/22/2011 11:34:28 PM EDT
[#12]
He comes out to these parts to hunt regularly. In fact, one of our deputies even hunted with him quite a bit. He doesn't anymore.
Link Posted: 5/22/2011 11:37:49 PM EDT
[#13]
One I was actually IN on. I usually miss all the legendary moments.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/22/2011 11:45:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/22/2011 11:48:07 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Thanks.

Wait till December rolls around and you discover Santa Clause for the first time. Santa rocks!

lol

j/k

Link Posted: 5/22/2011 11:52:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What did he say?

Some fudd comment about how EBRs are evil. He was subsequently boycotted, so he changed his tune.

As far as I'm concerned, he's learned his lesson.

Or his need to eat outweighed his need to spread that filth about our rifles.
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 12:16:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.

Wait till December rolls around and you discover Santa Clause for the first time. Santa rocks!

lol

j/k

LMFAO!!

Link Posted: 5/23/2011 12:20:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 2:07:48 AM EDT
[#19]
I had a different account on Arfcom back then. We lit the internet up and got his ass fired.  There are three names I think of when somebody says "Fuck_______". Those are BHO, AROCK, and Zumbo. Fuck 'em all.  Zumbo is an elitest Fudd and can forever after kiss my ass.
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 3:01:27 AM EDT
[#20]
But The Nuge made it all better???  We're supposed to like him now.

FUCK JIM ZUMBO.
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 3:03:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Still hate that douchebag and I refuse to watch any show he is on or a part of.  Additionally, I will not purchase or use any product he is affiliated with.
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 3:05:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Classic example of some animals being more equal than others.
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 3:08:03 AM EDT
[#23]
FUCK ZUMBO!!!(hard to believe that was that long ago already!)
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 3:31:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
i gice a lot of credit to Gunwritr he mentioned severl anti Ar fudd gun writers when that blew up. i guess there is more anti/fudd bullshit among the hunting writers than i thought

The funny thing is that Ted Nugent (NRA Director) dragged Jim Zumbo out to shoot prairie dogs with an AR, which Zumbo  took to about as well as anyone who had just imploded his livelihood at the time. Some of the other writers, not so much.
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 3:33:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

FUCK JIM ZUMBO.

You do realize that your signature is a direct quote from Ted Nugent.
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 3:37:05 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But The Nuge made it all better??? We're supposed to like him now.

FUCK JIM ZUMBO.

You do realize that your signature is a direct quote from Ted Nugent.

Yeah I know, but Ted didn't say all the stupid shit, he just tried to help a dumb friend. We all have dumb friends so I will let him slide

Link Posted: 5/23/2011 3:44:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Dude made a mistake......
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 3:44:46 AM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 5/23/2011 3:50:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 3:54:15 AM EDT
[#30]
I remember
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 3:55:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 3:58:06 AM EDT
[#32]

Well done.
Zumbo is an ass. Very annoying to still see him on TV.
I guess the stupid lazy POS figured out that if he lost his gravy train he would have to go get a real job.
Doubt he knows how to do anything remotely useful.

ETA: If you need reason to hate Zumbo even more, The NYT came to his defense.
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 4:30:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What did he say?

He was the one that publicly claims to be a supporter of 2nd amendment rights, then turned around and denounced the use of "military type" weapons for hunting.
His focus on our weapons started out as him ranting about prairie dog hunters using AR15's, then on 16 February, 2007, he specifically called the AR15 a "Terrorist rifle".
The Outdoor Channel tossed his hunting show due to his crap, then hired him back a few months later. As far as I know, he has kept his shit-hole shut ever since.

That was 2007?!?!   It seems so much longer ago...
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 4:52:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 4:55:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 5:03:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 5:09:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FUCK JIM ZUMBO.

I honestly do not understand this attitude.

Zumbo messed up.  He got his lumps, lost his job, etc.  That's fine.

But the Nuge took the high road and decided to "educate" someone that was ignorant.

Now, whether Zumbo was "really" sorry and changed his mind, I guess I don't know.  But he apologized and said that he was wrong and now understood the need and use of the black rifle.

What does the shooting community gain by "shooting our wounded"?

The guy screwed up and changed his mind.  Why don't we welcome him back in the fold?

Other hunters that do not understand Second Amendment issues will be less willing to learn and change their minds if we continue to act this way.  Our goal ought to be to change people's minds and educate them and then welcome them into the Black Rifle Family.

Just MHO.

If your model is followed how will it allow everyone to feel all smug, superior, and "pure?"  Hmmmmm??

I never paid attention to him before this started so nothing really changed for me.

I don't believe he is sorry.  If he didn't stand to lose so much, maybe his "apology" would be worth more.  I can't see someone making such a strongly worded statement unless they firmly believe what they are saying.

Regarding "shooting our wounded:" he proved he is not "one of us" when he made that statement.
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 5:12:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 5:14:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Regarding "shooting our wounded:" he proved he is not "one of us" when he made that statement.

Okay, let's say you are correct.

Which is better for the shooting community:

A.  Make another enemy

B.  Welcome a new supporter of the black rifle

If he wasn't "one of us", then we need to make him one of us, not alienate him.

I understand what you're saying, but I believe making him one of us is not possible.

I look at it the same way I look at a politician: he's saying what needs to be said to make people forget previous actions, and get votes today.
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 5:20:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I had a different account on Arfcom back then. We lit the internet up and got his ass fired.  There are three names I think of when somebody says "Fuck_______". Those are BHO, AROCK, and Zumbo. Fuck 'em all.  Zumbo is an elitest Fudd and can forever after kiss my ass.

What was your banned account name?
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 5:21:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 5:26:10 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I understand what you're saying, but I believe making him one of us is not possible.

I look at it the same way I look at a politician: he's saying what needs to be said to make people forget previous actions, and get votes today.

Maybe. There's been alot of guys that said they wouldn't hunt with AR's that do now. Same kind of hype guys have about "never" shooting or owning a tupperware pistol. With time, comes wisdom and understainding.

Link Posted: 5/23/2011 5:29:27 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

78,000 Beekeeper?

You're almost as without a life as Aimless.

I spent my weekend shooting and chasing beaver. I even have pics.  

A  penguin mating with beaver?  It's the end of the world!

Link Posted: 5/23/2011 5:30:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Are we still terrorists?

He said that he was sorry for calling us thus, but I don't think he ever said that we weren't terrorists.

Fuck Zumbo. He even had that antigun "Pro gun" group the AHSA run to his defense. Fuck be on all of them.
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 5:34:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I spent my weekend shooting and chasing beaver. I even have pics.  

Let's see the pics!
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 5:35:50 AM EDT
[#46]
I wasn't a member of this site at the time... But I remember learning about what happened...

A positive outcome was that I remember Field and Stream publishing a bit on it, and soon after that they started having more articles on AR's in "hunting" applications.

I think more folks got the message than just Zumbo...

As far as trying to make a guy an enemy who has offered an appology, I am not so sure that is *wise*.

When I was in college, I became friends with a girl, and spent some time with her and her family. Her parents were near retirement age, and her dad, when he got upset with his wife, would mention her boyfriends, and youthful indescretions with said boyfrieds, from *before* they were married. At first, I thought she must have cheated on him, from his (in front of other people) anger and resentment. Nope. From before they had even met. Now there was a guy who couldn't let things go.

Sometimes, you got to let things go.

And in this particular case, we have a guy who has obviously been punished. We have a guy who offered an apology, and for all intents and purposes hasn't made the same mistake again...

Is there "real" angst for the AR among FUDD's? Absolutely. I have seen it at my local range. Mouthy comments from guys sighting in their hunting rifles. The first time I thought they were trying to be funny. Then when I realized they were serious, my knees almost buckeled. I know how to talk to liberal douche's about gun rights, and the 2nd Amd. but how do you respectfully talk to a guy sighting in his hunting rifle about the 2nd Amd. and the need for more than "five rounds in a rifle." I said something stupid, like "well, what if more than five guys try to break into my house..." And I said it, trying to be respectful, but also defending my position. He said, "If more than five guys are trying to kill you, they are going to win, no matter how many rounds you have." I said, "Yeah, but I will give it my best shot, you have a nice day, mister." I was absolutely floored. I am telling you that my knees almost buckled. It was like somebody kneed me in my stomach. I was out of breath, and stammering. I couldn't believe it...

But in this particular case, we have a guy who made an apology, changed his stance, and publicly stated that the AR has a place.

I can accept that.

Forgive your enemies, but don't forget their names.
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 5:38:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
What did he say?

The blog entry that started it all:

I must be living in a vacuum. The guides on our hunt tell me that the use of AR and AK rifles have a rapidly growing following among hunters, especially prairie dog hunters. I had no clue. Only once in my life have I ever seen anyone using one of these firearms. I call them "assault" rifles, which may upset some people. Excuse me, maybe I'm a traditionalist, but I see no place for these weapons among our hunting fraternity. I'll go so far as to call them "terrorist" rifles. They tell me that some companies are producing assault rifles that are "tackdrivers." Sorry, folks, in my humble opinion, these things have no place in hunting. We don't need to be lumped into the group of people who terrorize the world with them, which is an obvious concern. I've always been comfortable with the statement that hunters don't use assault rifles. We've always been proud of our "sporting firearms." This really has me concerned. As hunters, we don't need the image of walking around the woods carrying one of these weapons. To most of the public, an assault rifle is a terrifying thing. Let's divorce ourselves from them. I say game departments should ban them from the praries [sic] and woods.
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 5:48:01 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

FUCK JIM ZUMBO.

I honestly do not understand this attitude.  Zumbo didn't just throw us under the bus, he labeled us Terrorists! There are plenty of ways for a professional writer to describe his personal feelings about a subject, the path he took said enough for me.

Zumbo messed up.  He got his lumps, lost his job, etc.  That's fine.  

But the Nuge took the high road and decided to "educate" someone that was ignorant.  Nuge did the right thing, I do believe education is the key, but I believe it was a damage control stunt to help a friend.

Now, whether Zumbo was "really" sorry and changed his mind, I guess I don't know.  But he apologized and said that he was wrong and now understood the need and use of the black rifle.   He was covering his ass and career, that's about all I got out of it. He's made a living off of guns, yet here he is deciding what guns are best for us and on top of it he took the fight to the extreme. That has to have consequences. He bit the hand that fed him.

What does the shooting community gain by "shooting our wounded"? Shooting "our" wounded implies he and I were on the same team.

The guy screwed up and changed his mind.  Why don't we welcome him back in the fold? There is a place for forgivness, but there also has to be a Judas in every crowd.

Other hunters that do not understand Second Amendment issues will be less willing to learn and change their minds if we continue to act this way.  Our goal ought to be to change people's minds and educate them and then welcome them into the Black Rifle Family.  Some never will change their minds, just as some states will always be enemy territory when it comes to firearms. You can't save them all, but it sure makes it easier to identify the threats when they let their feelings flow.

Just MHO.  A respected opinion.

Link Posted: 5/23/2011 5:53:47 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

And his boy friend Cooper.

Link Posted: 5/23/2011 5:59:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:

And his boy friend Cooper.  

We need a whole list of anti-freedom gun people and companies, here is a few

badguys:
Zumbo (writer) - anti AR-15
Cooper rifles - supported Obama
H.S. precision stocks - Lon Horiuchi fan club
Robinson Armament  - Romney backer
Smith & Wesson - sell out agreement with feds

reformed:
Ruger Firearms - Bill Ruger is dead, current company even producing 10/22 high caps

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Top Top