Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

And General Discussion.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trolls are just assholes, but are also really rare, and don't get close to people -  you mostly get them in remote Sweden or Norway, not really in Denmark at all.

And General Discussion.

*golf clap*
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 4:15:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It seems reasonable that maybe there AREN'T any nisser in the New World, which explains why Americans don't believe in them.  

I mean, since they live (hidden) on farms and in the woods in Scandinavia, how would they ever have gotten over to the Americas?
View Quote

Dont piss off the house nisser.... They look like most of GD

Link Posted: 3/18/2014 4:24:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 4:40:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I BEG YOUR PARDON SIR! I AM NOT FROM MINNESOTA, I SIMPLY HAPPEN TO LIVE HERE! I AM FROM THE GREAT STATE OF NEW YORK, FULL OF PROPER AND CORRECT PIZZA, FUCKTARDS, AND ASSHOLES!

NEVER CONFUSE ME FOR BEING FROM SOMEWHERE ELSE, SIR!

HAVE A GOOD DAY, AND TRY NOT TO FUCK TOO MANY GEESE ON YOUR WAY OUT, SIR!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You're from Minnesota.  You should understand this stuff.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomte

I BEG YOUR PARDON SIR! I AM NOT FROM MINNESOTA, I SIMPLY HAPPEN TO LIVE HERE! I AM FROM THE GREAT STATE OF NEW YORK, FULL OF PROPER AND CORRECT PIZZA, FUCKTARDS, AND ASSHOLES!

No one freely admits from being from NY. Show us where the bad men touched you.

Link Posted: 3/18/2014 4:42:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That could totally be my new forum title!

Respect the authority of the Fairy Police!!!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This thread now has "Fairy Police"?!

Outstanding.

But you will have to change your name to Jorgen Von Strangle.

Link Posted: 3/18/2014 4:45:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Are you saying that Europe was once Middle Earth, and that some of the creatures still live?  

View Quote

Do you even Lord of the Rings bro?

Middle Earth is Europe, from just before WWI to just after WWII.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 4:46:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

It seems reasonable that maybe there AREN'T any nisser in the New World, which explains why Americans don't believe in them.  

I mean, since they live (hidden) on farms and in the woods in Scandinavia, how would they ever have gotten over to the Americas?
View Quote

Somehow it figures that Europeans would have faeries and trolls, while North America gets skinwalkers and goatmen and sasquatch.

I shudder to imagine what supernatural horrors Australia has hidden.

Link Posted: 3/18/2014 4:47:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus, stop the planet, I want off.

54.4% of the otherwise intelligent population of Iceland believes in Elves/Fairies.  Icelanders protest a road that would disturb faeries.   People are weird.

You may now return to the funny.

When you say "fairies" you make it sound so irrational.  

LOTS of people of Scandinavia (Denmark, Norway & Sweden) believe in things like "nisser" and trolls for example, which are not quite the same as "elves" or "faires" but is difficult to translate because it's a local thing.  It's not like some obsessive or crazy thing, but more like regular people who think "oh yeah, they probably exist", but don't really think much about it and have never seen one.   Belief in it is more widespread in rural areas of course, because the city people are more removed from nature, and so are less likely to be aware of such things.  

For the record, most nisser are pretty harmless unless you piss them off (by not leaving out food for them occasionally); then they can get vindictive, and maybe kill your livestock or put lots of big rocks in your fields.  Trolls are just assholes, but are also really rare, and don't get close to people -  you mostly get them in remote Sweden or Norway, not really in Denmark at all.

I remember you laughing at my post because you think they're ludicrous. However sir your "lol's" are no longer valid after posting this.

Somebody should read American Gods.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 4:47:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Somehow it figures that Europeans would have faeries and trolls, while North America gets skinwalkers and goatmen and sasquatch.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Koala Bears and a 50 year old Elle MacPherson.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 4:47:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Read Gaiman's "American Gods."  It will all make sense, in a very disturbing sort of way.

Goddamit, 52 seconds!
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 4:49:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am strangely aroused...
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 4:54:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

54.4% of the otherwise intelligent population of Iceland believes in Elves/Fairies.  Icelanders protest a road that would disturb faeries.   People are weird.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wasn't aware that we'd left.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 4:55:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I assumed my Iceland sidenote was unfunny.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 4:57:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's Iceland - the whole place is funny.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 4:58:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

LOTS of people of Scandinavia (Denmark, Norway & Sweden) believe in things like "nisser" and trolls for example, which are not quite the same as "elves" or "faires" but is difficult to translate because it's a local thing.  It's not like some obsessive or crazy thing, but more like regular people who think "oh yeah, they probably exist", but don't really think much about it and have never seen one.   Belief in it is more widespread in rural areas of course, because the city people are more removed from nature, and so are less likely to be aware of such things.  

For the record, most nisser are pretty harmless unless you piss them off (by not leaving out food for them occasionally); then they can get vindictive, and maybe kill your livestock or put lots of big rocks in your fields.  Trolls are just assholes, but are also really rare, and don't get close to people -  you mostly get them in remote Sweden or Norway, not really in Denmark at all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And don't even get started on Snotgurgles!
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 5:01:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Are you saying that Europe was once Middle Earth, and that some of the creatures still live?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ever examined European politics lately? Mordor is back and is on the march.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 5:13:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Not really funny, just awesome.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 5:37:15 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/Yu79zXs.gif
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/18/2014 5:38:01 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote
Well there goes my attempt to lose weight. Off to the Store.

Link Posted: 3/18/2014 5:39:34 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/18/2014 5:39:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is friggin brilliant.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 5:44:10 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 3/18/2014 5:45:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

my wife and I have made those...outstanding!  Just don't get the Grands!, get the regular size.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 5:53:13 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

http://www.soroe-turistbureau.dk/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/kravlenisser.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nisser please.

Link Posted: 3/18/2014 6:01:03 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote
For The Win

Link Posted: 3/18/2014 8:30:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

And General Discussion.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trolls are just assholes, but are also really rare, and don't get close to people -  you mostly get them in remote Sweden or Norway, not really in Denmark at all.

And General Discussion.

Lol

Back to the funny
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 8:33:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 8:54:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Not funny, but really fuckin neat
http://imgur.com/a/uotTQ
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 8:56:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 9:25:41 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Not funny, but really fuckin neat

http://imgur.com/a/uotTQ
View Quote

That got me all geared up.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 9:29:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Just look at the flowers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

First time in that whole television show that they did what I would have done.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 9:31:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuckin' Europe...

Link Posted: 3/18/2014 9:33:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's racist...
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 9:41:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

I was yelling at the TV the whole episode.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 9:42:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

did that tonight...works...well....
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 10:08:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 10:30:26 PM EDT
[#38]

oh I want one of those.  and I want a button on one of the handles that makes little red lights come on in the guns and it makes a pew pew pew sound!!

ETA: and it should make a kerchunk sound when I set it down for the next step.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 10:31:51 PM EDT
[#39]

Link Posted: 3/18/2014 10:44:19 PM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 3/18/2014 11:05:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Sorry your already known as Goose Fucker
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This thread now has "Fairy Police"?!

Outstanding.

Sorry your already known as Goose Fucker

you're  
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 11:05:51 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

Theres a ton of more pranks like that they do, just went through a few. They're baaaaad!! Lol!
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 4:11:31 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You're from Minnesota.  You should understand this stuff.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomte

Compared to being confused with originating in Minnesota, I'll cop to NY any day.

Now, if I were born in NJ, I'd have just lied and said I came from California
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 4:22:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Why did the chicken cross the road?

To get away from this fucker.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 4:51:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 5:14:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 7:16:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s1198.photobucket.com/user/bamarebel45/media/Dog_drags_chicken.gif.html" target="_blank">http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa441/bamarebel45/Dog_drags_chicken.gif</a>
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/19/2014 8:40:19 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa441/bamarebel45/Dog_drags_chicken.gif
View Quote

CHICKEN FUCKER!

Link Posted: 3/19/2014 9:19:14 AM EDT
[#49]

His long, luscious locks have made him a university campus celebrity and led to social media fame, with more than 9000 people ‘liking’ a page made in honour of his mullet.

Really, mate? Over 9000?
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 9:34:03 AM EDT
[#50]
View All Quotes

Those were Farva's parents by the way.
Page / 1252
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top