http://townhall.com/columnists/SteveChapman/2010/02/14/obama_spurns_gun_control

Was the panic buying justified?
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:17:36 AM EDT
[#1]

It is always justified.
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:18:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Has panic buying anything never been justified?
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:19:07 AM EDT
[#3]
He has lied on just about every issue, why trust him now?
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:19:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Has panic buying anything never been justified?

Gold

Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:20:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

/thread

Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:20:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This. Remember.
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:21:51 AM EDT
[#7]
The panic buying may have been what convinced him that gun control was a losing issue.
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:21:57 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't trust him as far as I can throw the Wookie.
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:22:37 AM EDT
[#9]
His administration is already in the dumps because of the Health Care stuff.  He is at least semi-intelligent and regardless of how much he'd like to start another AWB...he knows It would be political suicide.

At least thats my opinion.
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:22:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Obama lies, I heard it on CSPAN one time.
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:22:49 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm not going to hoist the "troll" flag, but that's a bad question coming from a non-team member with a low post count.
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:23:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. Remember.

Agreed.  They'll try to find an "end around" way of doing it though.
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:23:53 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

The panic buying may have been what convinced him that gun control was a losing issue.

This was my feeling as well.

I still don't trust the fucker though.

Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:24:04 AM EDT
[#14]
They cant ever get their beloved health care through, what makes you think a gun ban is going to work?
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:25:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. Remember.

If he could get the votes, he would make us all criminals. I do trust him on his disdain for the Constitution of the United States of America.

Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:25:42 AM EDT
[#16]
No, in hindsight it wasn't justified. The Obama administration has proven they are not anti 2A. So gun owners can sleep well at night and not fear any anti gun actions in the future....................................PFFFFFFFTTTTTTT !!!
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:26:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yes. the panic buying was probably in a way "justified" . The continued hoarding or ammo and primers , based upon his presence in office, probably is not as much so today.
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:26:21 AM EDT
[#18]
The Kenyan doesn't have to deal with gun control....plenty of kool-aide drinkers to do it for him...and he doesn't get the back splatter.
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:27:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm not going to hoist the "troll" flag, but that's a bad question coming from a non-team member with a low post count.

Why is he being a troll ? I think he is asking given what we know now, would you of "panic bought" last November (if you did) .

Hindsight is always 20/20 of course.

A troll is someone who espouses a view he knows is will get negative attention, just to get a reaction. I think he legitimately has his views and is not looking for attention.
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:28:17 AM EDT
[#20]

Freaking hot link!!!!!!!!!1!!!!
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:29:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Know thy enemy.... respect Obama in the sense that he is a smart politician.  He's not stupid enough to try and take on a domestic hot-button issue like gun control rights in the middle of a two-front war, recession, etc.  

The anti-gunners will bide their time.  So will we.

In the mean time keep buying "evil" weapons, lobbying your congresspersons, and being vocal and stubborn about our rights.  

They will take from us only what we let them.
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:30:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:

/thread

yep, it's one thing to say, "oops, he lied about taxes". It's another thing-  to see your access to firearms get assaulted, or restricted through god knows what kind of back door midnight session parliamentary shenanigans. I will never get blindsided again like I did in the early 90's.
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:30:26 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

This

he'll try it, he has to it's in his DNA, but it won't be overt they will hide it in something else

Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:30:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I don't trust him as far as I can throw the Wookie.

Now I am Proud to be an American.

Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:31:20 AM EDT
[#25]
He lies... That's reason enough for me. He also sucks up to the UN, who wants to ban pretty much everything just like Australia...

Also, what the heck is this:

Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:31:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

This.

and This.
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:32:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yep. Nothing says "don't even fucking try it" like a couple million new firearms on the street
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:33:08 AM EDT
[#28]
never let up.  Do not trust this motherfucker ever.
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:33:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:33:48 AM EDT
[#30]
obama does the exact opposite of what he says.

Maybe we have armed ourselfs sufficiently enough that he's too scared to impose or push for gun control?
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:34:12 AM EDT
[#31]
He isnt going to attempt it on the national level.............too risky.................that's why you are starting to see alot more states and local govts starting up with the gun control BS..........we will have to fight it on those fronts too
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:34:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
never let up.  Do not trust this motherfucker ever.

THIS
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:34:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Dude it's 2010 now, he's been registered for over 2 yrs.

Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:36:19 AM EDT
[#34]

How could you ever trust someone that fucks wookies??

Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:37:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
He lies... That's reason enough for me. He also sucks up to the UN, who wants to ban pretty much everything just like Australia...

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Reu/b/2008/178/[email protected]

an assault pistol of course

I thought it was a hi power first.
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:39:53 AM EDT
[#36]
I believe it was justified.

His plan was healthcare>cap & trade>amnesty>guns

The fact that America woke up and the honeymoon lasted about 2 weeks

was not expected (myself included) and he has yet to complete step 1 successfully.

He knew his agenda would enrage millions of Americans, which is why he tried to cram

it down our throats so quickly. He knew and now knows he has until November '10 to pass his

anti-American agenda.

I have no doubt had healthcare been passed, a "sensible" gun bill would be in the works...

Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:40:17 AM EDT
[#37]
I wouldnt trust him even if he did advertizing for Colt.
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:40:53 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Precisely.   If he's listened to ONE thing from the people since the election, it was our very loud and very clear message:

WE THE PEOPLE CHOOSE TO BE WELL ARMED.

CJ

Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:40:53 AM EDT
[#39]
While I believe that he believe gun control works and he would love to eliminate private ownership of guns, he knows it is an issue that will not fly in this country.

He knows there is no chance

I assure y'all he isn't lying. He is a politician. His base, the majority of people who support him, want to ban guns. Him publicly saying it isn't going to happen pisses them off. He is not going to piss them off in some fucked up trick to try to get us to be complacent. It doesn't work that way anywhere but in the minds of posters here.
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:42:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude it's 2010 now, he's been registered for over 2 yrs.

Thank you - I'm on here just about every day - just because I don't feel compelled to comment on every damn thing hardly makes me a troll.

I just found the article interesting and wondered what others thought.  I've got a RRA stripped lower still in the wrapper I paid $180 for because . . . well, just in case.

I think he's to savvy to try it, but I'm also shopping for parts to do my build.
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:44:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I believe it was justified.

His plan was healthcare>cap & trade>amnesty>guns

The fact that America woke up and the honeymoon lasted about 2 weeks
was not expected (myself included) and he has yet to complete step 1 successfully.

He knew his agenda would enrage millions of Americans, which is why he tried to cram
it down our throats so quickly. He knew and now knows he has until November '10 to pass his
anti-American agenda.

I have no doubt had healthcare been passed, a "sensible" gun bill would be in the works...  

+1
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:44:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Reu/b/2008/178/[email protected]

Browning BDM

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg109-e.htm
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:45:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. Remember.

It goes without saying that Obama does not like guns.

I'm sure the only reason Obama has not made a issue of gun control is that it would amount to political poison. Something he and his party do not need more of.

Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:47:35 AM EDT
[#44]
a few thoughts

he is awaiting Eric Holder to jump on that grenade, and he will support his A.G. fully in signing any law HOLDER can walk thru the congress or

the Polls during the last 2 years have soared to the positive concerning private ownership of guns or

the Taxes they are collecting from gun and ammo sales is far more than they can afford to go with out right now. or

He does want the 20% that may well take up arms to do it, at which time SWEEPING control laws and suspension of the Constitution is viable at that point..

lastly I trust Mr Obama as much as I trusted Presidents Nixon, Carter, Bush the ELder, Clinton or Bush II and HILLARY scares the crap out of me....

Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:47:42 AM EDT
[#45]
He's a Democrat.  Democrats support gun control.  Democrats lie to get what they want.  They will try again, when they think they can get what they want.

Never trust a (D).
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:48:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Buying term life insurance can be justified even if you don't die during the term.

And note that the linked article says "On this issue, he took such a strong, clear position during the campaign that he has no room to maneuver". This should tell you how realistically the author thinks.

Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:50:04 AM EDT
[#47]
It's all about misdirection. He get you looking somewhere else, then slams you with some executive order or other covert means of legislation.

His statements are a ruse. That's another word for a lie.

Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:51:29 AM EDT
[#48]
He is going to look like a ping pong ball on many issues, in desperation, leading into the November elections, and again, leading up to the 2012 presidential race. His election may well be the awakening of a large group of people who finally see the left for what it is. Now, the real problem is, will the RINOs entice these people and continue our slide, or will the people eject the RINOs and we gain ground. This will be interesting to see play out. (While participating, of course.)
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:56:42 AM EDT
[#49]
of course it was justified - it was america (the real america) compensating for the onerous threat from an anti-american political hack and admninistration full of leftist shitcago communists... remember hussein's admin tried floating numerous "trial balloons" early on last year:

- eric holder saying "we just want to do a few gun related thing" - in reference to a new AWB
- hitlery clinton, hussein, and holder making trumped up claims and outright lies, calling for AWB because of violence, ...in Mexico!  the media coming in to his aid, trying to spew as many lies as possible..  how many times did the mexico thing keep bubbling up over the spring and summer..?
- remember the sudden "policy change" on selling spent .mil brass casings?  
- rembember the US customs suddenly decided  to "change" it's definition of a switchblade to include just about every damn folding pocket knife?

did i leave anything out?

damn right hussein realizes an informed and armed citizenry is a threat to him - all tyrants do.   it isn't that he didn't try to step on us, he did, but we responded overwhelmingly to beat him back - it was all of us, informed and active gunowners and other patriots nationwide who stepped up to the place and stopped his ass when he had political capital near the beginning of his term.  we must keep it up!  
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:57:05 AM EDT
[#50]
My 'panic buying' scored me my first AR. And rekindled a long dormant interest in shooting sports.

So yeah, for me it was worth it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top