Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/27/2016 8:36:19 PM EDT
She's been using Heroin for 6 months. One time I caught her shooting up and flushed her shit, if you ever wanna see a doper go nuts have them watch while you flush their stash. I've brought her to rehab twice, she leaves after two days, I dunno what else I can do. Any advice ?
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:37:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Nothing you can do.  Somebody at that point can only change if they want to.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:38:12 PM EDT
[#2]
That sounds aweful.
Pics?
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:38:36 PM EDT
[#3]
don't let her take you down. Best wishes OP
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:38:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Watch your back.  Watch your stuff.  She is no longer to be trusted, if she ever was.  Sorry to say, but the old her you knew is gone forever.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:39:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Only person that can help her is her.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:39:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This...especially something that addictive.  She will need to bottom out.  

Until then, best you can do is let her know you'll be there when she is ready to get clean and then watch your back until then.  Addicts do some fucked up shit.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:40:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Watch your back.  Watch your stuff.  She is no longer to be trusted, if she ever was.  Sorry to say, but the old her you knew is gone forever.
View Quote

This.  Haul ass away from her, from here on out you are merely something to be used/abused to score another high.  The person you knew is dead.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:40:48 PM EDT
[#8]
The drugs take over their brain, not much you can do to help them and rational thinking becomes a thing of the past. If you take away their cash flow, they will turn to prostitution. It's a no win situation. I hope your friend gets a moment of clarity and accepts that she has a serious problem. Best of luck.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:40:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Only person that can help her is her.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:41:25 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote
Probably this, if you try to help her do some research how people trying to help unwittingly enable users.  It's very common.

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:41:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:41:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
She's been using Heroin for 6 months. One time I caught her shooting up and flushed her shit, if you ever wanna see a doper go nuts have them watch while you flush
their stash. I've brought her to rehab twice, she leaves after two days, I dunno what else I can do. Any advice ?
View Quote

CUT your "friend loose" you cant save people from themselves
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:42:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
She's been using Heroin for 6 months. One time I caught her shooting up and flushed her shit, if you ever wanna see a doper go nuts have them watch while you flush their stash. I've brought her to rehab twice, she leaves after two days, I dunno what else I can do. Any advice ?
View Quote

Shit, I'd be pissed if you flushed my lunch, much less a drug stash
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:43:14 PM EDT
[#14]
You may consider her your friend. But when it comes down to it her only friend is her needle. She will choose it over you, over ANYTHING, every time. Act accordingly.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:43:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Realize that she is no longer your friend. The best thing is to get her busted and thrown in jail because it might just save her life. Sure it seems like a dick move but you'll really be doing her a favor. Or do nothing and wait for the overdose to come.

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:44:57 PM EDT
[#16]
All posts pretty much nail it

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:45:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Eject.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:45:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You may consider her to be a friend but she sure as hell doesn't think you are her friend.  She only has one friend.  You ain't it.

Break all ties with her--it's the only way.  No matter the sad story--the only answer is "NO!"
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:46:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
She's been using Heroin for 6 months. One time I caught her shooting up and flushed her shit, if you ever wanna see a doper go nuts have them watch while you flush
their stash. I've brought her to rehab twice, she leaves after two days, I dunno what else I can do. Any advice ?

If she was your fiance, a reasonable individual would have to consider ejecting. Just a friend? Fuck that eject right now . . . . or hell, you could wait and let us know how it works out after she's pawned your truck, sold your dog for drug money, and is banging her dope dealer in your kitchen while you're at work.

Doesn't matter if you're BFF's. You have absolutely nothing to gain and everything to lose.

Not fun to read, I know it comes off as slightly insulting, but that's the life you'll be living unless you make a clean break.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:46:42 PM EDT
[#20]
No good
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:47:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Show her a better drug.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:48:39 PM EDT
[#22]
OP, if you can, see if you can get her to examine the underlying unhappiness in her life and address that.  There is some thought out there that addiction is often related to general unhappiness in life.

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:49:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
You may consider her to be a friend but she sure as hell doesn't think you are her friend.  She only has one friend.  You ain't it.

Break all ties with her--it's the only way.  No matter the sad story--the only answer is "NO!"
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:49:43 PM EDT
[#24]
You are asking a lead sinker to float.

Only positive thing I can offer here is for you to try and source some nasal narcan (naloxone). Sadly, you'll probably need it.

Sorry OP
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:49:53 PM EDT
[#25]
It's a no win situation OP. She'll bring you down and fuck up your life too if you can't distance yourself from the situation.

Sucks but some people can't be saved.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:51:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Only help she needs is a ride to the pawn shop to sell your shit for dope.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:51:32 PM EDT
[#27]
cut all ties, there is only one way this ends
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:51:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Nothing you can do OP.  Flushing her stash isn't going to do shit.  I watched numerous friends go down that path back in the day.  She will wind up with a record, in jail, dead, or will decide to get herself clean.  None of which you can control.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:51:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Move on. Tell her you won't take a call from her unless it is to get a ride to rehab.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:52:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Give her some flowers.

Tell her you figured she'd appreciate them more now than at her upcoming funeral.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:52:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Friend what friend get her out of your life before bad shit happens.  I see stolen property in your future, possible drug arrest.  Drug user are not friends my have aids since drug use includes needles.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:52:50 PM EDT
[#32]
There is nothing you can do or say to change her.  She will have to reach rock bottom and decide to climb out on her own.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:53:28 PM EDT
[#33]
In the kindest way possible I can say,

Pretend she's dead.

I deal with addicts every day. Just cut it all off. Done. When she can say "I've been clean for 2 years." And it's the truth, you may CONSIDER letting her back in your life.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:54:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I dunno what else I can do. Any advice ?
View Quote

Walk.

Tell her the simple truth - her choices will dictate when you will see her again:  Clean and sober or her funeral.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:54:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Is this your girlfriend?
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:56:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Use a condom
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:56:23 PM EDT
[#37]
We have had several members here  go through this recently, some with tragic results.  I'll tell you mine.  My youngest son is a heroin  addict.  You can't believe anything that comes out of their mouth.  Nothing. They will lie, steal, and cheat anyone they can.  My son was in jail Christmas Eve.  My ex-wife bailed him out, as a Christmas present.  He has been back in twice since then.  He texted me 2 DAYS AGO WITH A SCAM.  I'll sell you my tax deduction for 500 bucks.  If you do it tomorrow, I'LL GIVE YOU THE LOW RATE OF 400 BUCKS! ACT TODAY!  He's 26.  No, I didn't do it.  I can give you a lot of stories.  But you really only need one.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:59:49 PM EDT
[#38]
I knew (know) a dope addict who bought a life insurance policy on her Mother then tried to poison her.

I would stay way,far away............sorry.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 9:01:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

This,this,and this again.
Knew a guy years ago that got totally strung out.
Stole the battery out of his friends cars for money.
Then broke into an old girlfriends house and stole thousands of dollars worth of camera equipment and she was a professional photographer.
He got caught and got off on probation.
Started using a short time later and really went off the deep end.
Broke into his own parents home twice.
Finally was caught strong arm robbing a corner store and sent to prison for 10 years.
He died in prison of hepatitis.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 9:01:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is the hard and ugly truth. Nobody can get her sober but her.

Be prepared to cut ties, she'll reach a point where stealing to support her addition becomes mentally acceptable is she continues down the path.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 9:02:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
In the kindest way possible I can say,

Pretend she's dead.

I deal with addicts every day. Just cut it all off. Done. When she can say "I've been clean for 2 years." And it's the truth, you may CONSIDER letting her back in your life.
View Quote

This is what've been preparing for. Death.    For the last 8 months.  There is nothing you can do. They have to want it.  You can't do shit.  Nothing. Nyet. Nada.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 9:02:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Use a condom
View Quote

10$  BJs  
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 9:02:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Nothing you do will make her stop using heroin but you could steer her to methadone or suboxone. Those won't make her stop using drugs but they can reduce the harm she does to herself and others.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 9:04:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Rule #1--never trust a junkie.

Rule #2--if you ever have a question about what to do...see Rule #1.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 9:04:36 PM EDT
[#45]
I've known a bunch. The only way for them to get clean is jail. It physically prevents them from getting their fix. Call the local PD and get something started even if it's just for possession or even possession of paraphernalia  (needles) she'll be arrested. Even when she gets off it while she is in she is going to begin a life long battle with staying clean.

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 9:05:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Don't let her drag you down the dark abyss.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 9:06:32 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

That sounds aweful.

Pics?
View Quote
Addiction isn't funny...not time for jokes

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 9:08:58 PM EDT
[#48]
buy her a whole bunch and let her hit rock bottom?

myofb and distance yourself as she spirals to shit
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 9:09:42 PM EDT
[#49]
OP, as a friend of 2 people who have stopped cold turkey, and then relapsed using their last dose and died. I say that all you can do is your best in trying to keep them away, but never feel guilty with the outcome.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 9:11:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. Inpatient rehab is the only way with smack.

Sorry to hear, OP. That stuff ruins lives, and not just the user's.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top