Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 9:11:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Any advice?

Get as far away from that person as possible.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 9:12:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
She's been using Heroin for 6 months. One time I caught her shooting up and flushed her shit, if you ever wanna see a doper go nuts have them watch while you flush their stash. I've brought her to rehab twice, she leaves after two days, I dunno what else I can do. Any advice ?
View Quote

Pre-pay her funeral. Seriously.  

My niece had been to rehab 9-10 times, most recently last Jan (2015). She took off after stealing stuff from me as well as $1000 out of a bank account I had control of (but not mine). I told her she'd be dead in a year. She died six months later of a methadone overdose.........  
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 9:13:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 9:15:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Lots of "pretend she's dead" and "she's never coming back" posts...

I've only known one heroin addict (to my knowledge), and she has been clean for years and has her shit together. She's with a great guy (not me ), and they started and have a successful business.

I don't think you need to disown her because she's using. Just don't enable her in any way. Be supportive, but draw a line in the sand.

And don't be manipulated.

Good luck

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 9:20:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
She's been using Heroin for 6 months. One time I caught her shooting up and flushed her shit, if you ever wanna see a doper go nuts have them watch while you flush their stash. I've brought her to rehab twice, she leaves after two days, I dunno what else I can do. Any advice ?
View Quote

Say your goodbyes now and prepare yourself for the eventual news you know is coming.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 9:23:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can't believe anything that comes out of their mouth.  Nothing. They will lie, steal, and cheat anyone they can..
View Quote

I work in a rehab facility -- this is pretty much what you can expect. EVERY interaction has some kind of angle.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 9:24:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
We have had several members here  go through this recently, some with tragic results.  I'll tell you mine.  My youngest son is a heroin  addict.  You can't believe anything that comes out of their mouth.  Nothing. They will lie, steal, and cheat anyone they can.
View Quote

My nephew is a heroin addict - similar findings.

Jim
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 9:25:46 PM EDT
[#8]
There was a show on TV just recently about the Hells Angels. One guy who seemed to be sort of high up in the organization said the Hells Angels kicks out members if they find out they're using heroin. They wont kick you out for using meth, or cocaine, or any other drug, just heroin. Think about that for a bit.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 9:46:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You may consider her to be a friend but she sure as hell doesn't think you are her friend.  She only has one friend.  You ain't it.

Break all ties with her--it's the only way.  No matter the sad story--the only answer is "NO!"
View Quote

I don't enable her, I also don't leave my friends or family.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 9:48:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Is this your girlfriend?
View Quote

Fuck no.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 9:48:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Large life insurance policy with you as beneficiary.

May as well make some lemonade.

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 9:48:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You may consider her to be a friend but she sure as hell doesn't think you are her friend.  She only has one friend.  You ain't it.

Break all ties with her--it's the only way.  No matter the sad story--the only answer is "NO!"

Get back with us after she steals your or her other friends and relatives blind.
I am not saying this to be a smug ass.
But it will very likely be the case.
Once these people go full bore that shit becomes their only want.
And your shit will get it for her.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 10:04:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Pimp her out to your friends.  Make a few bucks.  Live the life of Upgraydedd.  Double dose of pimpin'.

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 10:05:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sometimes in life you have to leave behind the friends and family that will take you down with them. Being known as a person who will cut those kinds of people loose isn't such a bad thing either.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 10:21:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Walk away.  She doesn't want help.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 10:34:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is she hot?
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 10:48:52 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote
there is nothing you can do,its all up to her and she likes heroin.I've known 2 heroin addicts in my life and both were a liability and should have been cut out of sooner,liars and thieves who will sell everything you own for their next high.

one was offering BJ's at work in one of the company bathrooms for what ever you had in your pocket.

the other stole several engines/transmissions,and tools from his grandfather who was trying to help him stay clean and learn a trade,it didn't work out so well

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 10:57:15 PM EDT
[#18]
You tried your best and now it's on her. You need to close it off and shut that door completely and if she comes crawling back, be firm and tough with her about it don't let her back in immediately.
It's up to her.

Good luck
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 10:58:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Pics?
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:01:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Viet nam vets kicked the habit, she can too if she really wanted

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:04:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Only person that can help her is her.
View Quote

And this is not likely.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:07:02 PM EDT
[#22]
You might consider telling her parents because they are the ones most able and motivated to help her and so the can protect themselves from her.

TL;DR  If you let her go and her parents don't know, there will be no hope.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:08:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then I got nothing. She's now an anchor that will drag you to the bottom.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:09:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Everyone pretty much hit the nail on the head for what you should do.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:12:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Keep her away from your belongings. Otherwise, they'll be belonging to someone else.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:15:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Stay away.  They are the worst kind of addicts and will lie, cheat, and steal in pursuit of such.  They will have to find out on their own, nothing you do is going to change that. Good luck and sorry to hear.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:18:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Viet nam vets kicked the habit, she can too if she really wanted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY9DcIMGxMs
View Quote

I bet you a lot more didn't. You grow up in the 70-s and 80-s?
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:27:46 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Watch your back.  Watch your stuff.  She is no longer to be trusted, if she ever was.  Sorry to say, but the old her you knew is gone forever.
View Quote

Ive been down this road OP. The friend you knew before is gone. She might show brief signs of being back to normal, but will snap back at the drop of a hat. She is gone and will try to drag you to hell with her.

They always do.

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:32:32 PM EDT
[#29]
If she's only been using for six months, there might be some hope.  Not much, but some.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:33:02 PM EDT
[#30]
I tried "saving" my best friend. It cost me years of time I can't get back and tens of thousands of dollars.

You have to be selfish right now. Maybe by some miracle she shows up at your house a year from now clean and sober, but only she can decide to take that path. You can't influence her at all.  

My friend was hooked on opiates, benzos, and would mix in some coke as well.

It got real ugly at the end. Oh, and no he didn't overdose. He got pissed one night when the doctor at the ER wouldn't give him pain meds. He went to his parent's house and started threatening them. They called the police and he barricades himself in the house. Then he walks out the back door carrying a mosin nagant. He was walking away from the officers in the back yard and they told him to put it down. He turned and raised the gun toward one of the officers. He ate 2 rounds of buckshot in his face, neck and side area. ...DRT on his parents back patio.

Some other highlights...

He stole some of my prescription meds

He shot himself in the hand with a 9mm while cleaning it

He fired off a round from an AK47 in his garage that went out into his neighborhood somewhere

Cops were called when he intimidated a dentist trying to get pain meds

I tried everything you could possibly imagine to help him. You need to accept that you can't do anything in this situation. Safe yourself the aggravation and say goodbye.

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:40:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Say goodbye. She's already dead.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:41:18 PM EDT
[#32]
She is no longer your friend.  She will use you and steal from you to support her habit.  Eject now!
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:44:05 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm not sure I've ever seen 2 pages of a thread in GD where basically everyone agreed on something. That should be a clue for you OP. I know this stuff isn't what you wanted to hear, but it's the truth.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:47:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'm not sure I've ever seen 2 pages of a thread in GD where basically everyone agreed on something. That should be a clue for you OP. I know this stuff isn't what you wanted to hear, but it's the truth.
View Quote

Every bit of advice in this thread has been EARNED , LEARNED, AND PAID FOR.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:51:11 PM EDT
[#35]
The best thing you can do is help get her arrested, possibly put on paperwork or through a drug court.  A long stint in jail before inpatient is much more effective than just sending them to inpatient off the street.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:54:12 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It is respectable that you don't leave your friends or family.  You may be failing to realize this is a different animal.  These people are actually dangerous to you or me or anybody.  They lust for one thing uncontrollably.  You may have to learn that the hard way.  They may not want to hurt you, or they may be evil incarnate.  The point is you will fall a FAR DISTANT SECOND to the drug.  They have to want the help, for you to even become that distant second.  Be very careful.  Tough love is hard, I hope you don't get hurt, and I am not talking feelings.

Also, hope you are still doing well with your challenge you have taken on.  Best wishes.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:55:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

You wanna help her? Ok. She needs to be at least 600 miles away from her connection. Get her some Kava Kava. It helps with the withdrawls. Get her some sleeping pills. She will need them I promise. CONTROL her intake of sleeping pills. Hot showers helps with the shakes. She will have them. promise. After 3 days she will enter back into normal reality. Its a 2 yr long ordeal to end the dreams that she will have. She needs to be as far as possible from her connection, and no access to a car to drive back to said connection. Have fun brother...it almost killed me. And it did kill my fiancé. 15yrs clean over here!!!
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:56:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Have sex with her before she dies
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:00:59 AM EDT
[#39]
watch your shit...   they tend to start stealing from their friends to pay for the addiction
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:01:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Only person that can help her is her.
View Quote

QFT
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:02:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
We have had several members here  go through this recently, some with tragic results.  I'll tell you mine.  My youngest son is a heroin  addict.  You can't believe anything that comes out of their mouth.  Nothing. They will lie, steal, and cheat anyone they can.  My son was in jail Christmas Eve.  My ex-wife bailed him out, as a Christmas present.  He has been back in twice since then.  He texted me 2 DAYS AGO WITH A SCAM.  I'll sell you my tax deduction for 500 bucks.  If you do it tomorrow, I'LL GIVE YOU THE LOW RATE OF 400 BUCKS! ACT TODAY!  He's 26.  No, I didn't do it.  I can give you a lot of stories.  But you really only need one.
View Quote

I'm really only here in GD to clown around and offer nothing of value but....I feel for you bro. This is your child ! I wish things were better for you in this situation.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:02:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Stay away.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:04:00 AM EDT
[#43]
If she won't accept help and won't try and help herself the problem will take care of its self in time.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:04:43 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Any advice ?
View Quote

There's nothing you can do.

Regular use of dope means doom and it's related with someone's childhood (relationship with their parents mainly).

Basically, she's fucked and there's no way back.

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:06:10 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Have sex with her before she dies
View Quote

Hepatitis is not fun.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:08:18 AM EDT
[#46]
Theres nothing you can do.  Sorry, but thats the bottom line.
Youre not going to fix her.

All you can do is wait for her to want to fix herself and offer help.  Even then, odds are shes going to die a junkie.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:09:15 AM EDT
[#47]
When you are new to this subject and a decent person you just can't resist trying to understand and help.  Your efforts will only lead to enabling and an emotional roller coaster.  

They will always say they are clean...always.
Every subject, conversation, request, problem...ends with you giving money.  
They have changed.  Their brain chemistry overrides everything you assumed they held dear.  

You cannot trust an addict, not for a single second. You may care and love them, but the relationship has fundamentally changed now. Only the willing enablers refuse to see that.  

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:09:47 AM EDT
[#48]
You can't help someone until they want to help themself.  She's not there yet.  Don't cut her off but don't save her.  I.e. Be there if she wants to help herself get out of the hole but beyond that she's dead to you.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:11:54 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

This is what've been preparing for. Death.    For the last 8 months.  There is nothing you can do. They have to want it.  You can't do shit.  Nothing. Nyet. Nada.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In the kindest way possible I can say,

Pretend she's dead.

I deal with addicts every day. Just cut it all off. Done. When she can say "I've been clean for 2 years." And it's the truth, you may CONSIDER letting her back in your life.

This is what've been preparing for. Death.    For the last 8 months.  There is nothing you can do. They have to want it.  You can't do shit.  Nothing. Nyet. Nada.

I'm sorry man.  That's rough.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:14:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Life Lesson #1 - You CANNOT save someone from themselves. They will either wise up or die. No other option. This includes yourself. But if you're already introspectiNG that far, you're likely to come out ahead. ;)

Just let them know they disappoint you and walk away. It'll save you years of angst and stress..
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top