Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 26
Posted: 7/7/2014 9:11:09 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:17:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't recall anywhere in Kyle's book that he named Mr. Bigmouth.

Ventura should drop the issue with Kyle's estate.  Leave the widow alone.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:20:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Regardless of the merits of the case, some big, fat, bald, old, professional wrestler going after a young, attractive, recently widowed woman isn't going to look good in front of a jury.

Ventura should be easy to prove as a bull shitter or whack job too, I hope they discuss his conspiracy theories.

Quoted:

View Quote

Not in the book, but on a radio show or something, he said that person punched was Ventura.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:20:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Fuck Ventura with a rusty spike.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:22:17 AM EDT
[#4]
meh, is this nonsense still going on?
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:23:27 AM EDT
[#5]
The body needs start using the brain and move the f#*K along
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:26:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:28:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I'm not doing this for money. Ummkay
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:31:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:33:30 AM EDT
[#9]
The man is dead, just leave it alone
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:34:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:35:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:36:08 AM EDT
[#12]
From reading bits and pieces about this it's my opinion Ventura lacks any class whatsoever.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:36:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yup Kyle said it was Ventura while pimping his book on some Morning Zoo Crew type show  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Regardless of the merits of the case, some big, fat, bald, old, professional wrestler going after a young, attractive, recently widowed woman isn't going to look good in front of a jury.

Ventura should be easy to prove as a bull shitter or whack job too, I hope they discuss his conspiracy theories.

Quoted:

Not in the book, but on a radio show or something, he said that person punched was Ventura.
Yup Kyle said it was Ventura while pimping his book on some Morning Zoo Crew type show  

It was on the Opie and Anthony show.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:37:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Didnt Kyle Debo Ventura at a SEALs wake?
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:37:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If it's not true, and Ventura supposedly has a picture that shows he did not have a black eye the next day as Kyle claims, would anyone ever believe Ventura if he dropped the lawsuit now?  

he could lose anyway even if he convinces a jury it never happened but that's a different kettle of fish
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If it's not true, and Ventura supposedly has a picture that shows he did not have a black eye the next day as Kyle claims, would anyone ever believe Ventura if he dropped the lawsuit now?  

he could lose anyway even if he convinces a jury it never happened but that's a different kettle of fish

I'm sure he will lose. I guess it's just a matter of doing the right thing
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:39:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:39:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Even if he doesn't lose in the case, he has lost in the court of public opinion.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:40:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Again, he has to prove that there was punitive damage to his income as a direct result of Chris Kyle's claim.  He claims that book deals and tours dried up but can he directly attribute that loss to Chris Kyle's claim?  It will be interesting.

FJV
FBHO
FEH
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:40:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:42:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Can't wait to hear the trial testimony from US Navy Seal witnesses.

Two local First Amendment lawyers, John Borger and Leita Walker, are representing Taya Kyle and are expected to call witnesses who will support her husband’s version of events.
View Quote

Jesse Ventura's defamation trial opens Tuesday in St. Paul

Jury selection begins Tuesday in U.S. District Court in St. Paul
View Quote

http://www.twincities.com/localnews/ci_26098527/ventura-must-show-sniper-disregarded-truth-book
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:43:02 AM EDT
[#21]

The punch - whether it happened or not- isn't so much the issue as is were the alleged reasons behind it true. Was Jesse Ventura actually there and making disparaging comments about currently serving SEALs etc? That would be the defamation.

Going after the widow is lowbrow but if it is true that a smear is still being published and profited upon,should that not be rectified? There is a difference between clearing ones name and seeking money/publicity and Ventura is the one who makes this distinction more difficult in his attentionwhoring ways.

Jesse Ventura is a nutcase but that does not make it any more acceptable to print and repeat untruths. The other side of this is that if he indeed was found to be guilty of needing popped for the reason given in the book,it makes him out to be an even bigger asshole.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:46:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Man, I'd love to be on that jury...
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:47:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
After Kyle's story of shooting some carjackers whose bodies were mysteriously spirited away by the CIA has been pretty much been debunked as BS I don't know what to make of this deal. Of course Ventura is nutty anyway so who knows. Seems odd that he wouldn't just drop it at this point even if Kyle made the story up, but, again, who knows with Ventura.
View Quote

Links?

Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:53:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Links?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
After Kyle's story of shooting some carjackers whose bodies were mysteriously spirited away by the CIA has been pretty much been debunked as BS I don't know what to make of this deal. Of course Ventura is nutty anyway so who knows. Seems odd that he wouldn't just drop it at this point even if Kyle made the story up, but, again, who knows with Ventura.

Links?

http://frontburner.dmagazine.com/2013/02/08/confirmed-american-sniper-chris-kyle-killed-two-men-at-a-gas-station-in-2009/
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:56:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Opie asked Chris after some phone calls from Chris' buddies.  
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:57:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:57:50 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

To the 1,000 of you that donated cash last year - it might come in handy since fighting Jesse off likely ain't gonna be cheap ...  

http://www.laruetactical.com/newsletter/check.jpg
View Quote
You guys are fucking awesome

Link Posted: 7/7/2014 10:02:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Ventura is a joke.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 10:03:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 10:05:46 AM EDT
[#30]
In this trial;

How many SEALs will show up and testify that......They were at the bar that night....and.....Chris Kyle was telling the truth?

I'm thinking there would be a fair number, especially given the fact he is gone and the money Ventura is seeking would come from his widow and children.

Ventura is a dumbass.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 10:06:56 AM EDT
[#31]
If it did happen at a SEAL's wake, then there should be other SEALs who saw it.

Ventura is nutty enough that I could believe he went to the wake and said something.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 10:11:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 10:11:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Ventura needs to shut up and go crawl back under a rock.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 10:15:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
He's not going after a widow, he's going after Kyle's multimillion dollar estate, of which she is the administrator. I'm not defending his continuing to go at this but I'm not convinced this is as one sided as it is portrayed  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The punch - whether it happened or not- isn't so much the issue as is were the alleged reasons behind it true. Was Jesse Ventura actually there and making disparaging comments about currently serving SEALs etc? That would be the defamation.

Going after the widow is lowbrow but if it is true that a smear is still being published and profited upon,should that not be rectified? There is a difference between clearing ones name and seeking money/publicity and Ventura is the one who makes this distinction more difficult in his attentionwhoring ways.

Jesse Ventura is a nutcase but that does not make it any more acceptable to print and repeat untruths. The other side of this is that if he indeed was found to be guilty of needing popped for the reason given in the book,it makes him out to be an even bigger asshole.
He's not going after a widow, he's going after Kyle's multimillion dollar estate, of which she is the administrator. I'm not defending his continuing to go at this but I'm not convinced this is as one sided as it is portrayed  

I agree and understand but perception is that he is personally going after his widow.

I did read most of Kyle's book. The tone of it was a bit too over the top and I just couldn't finish it.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 10:16:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Links?

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2013/06/03/130603fa_fact_schmidle?currentPage=4

Midlothian is right up the street, and is in Ellis County. I know an Ellis County senior deputy and a former Midlothian officer; neither knows anything about the alleged shooting event with Chris Kyle popping two guys in a gas station on Hwy 67.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 10:25:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Links?

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2013/06/03/130603fa_fact_schmidle?currentPage=4

Not much in that story and it seems to mainly rehash the original story in D. I personally don't find it to much of a stretch that such a thing could have happened in rural Texas and not make the news. I have never seen anything were Kyle was actually on the record and confirmed the story.

Did I miss the CIA involvement?

Got to agree it seem like a dumb move for Ventura to continue this against the widow.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 10:25:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Links?

http://frontburner.dmagazine.com/2013/02/08/confirmed-american-sniper-chris-kyle-killed-two-men-at-a-gas-station-in-2009/

That story doesn't smell right.

Link Posted: 7/7/2014 10:28:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
To the 1,000 of you that donated cash last year - it might come in handy since fighting Jesse off likely ain't gonna be cheap ...  

View Quote

Very nice!
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 10:32:58 AM EDT
[#39]
If it's possible to pick a jury that doesn't already know jesse is a flake as soon as he opens his mouth they'll know.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 10:32:59 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Not much in that story and it seems to mainly rehash the original story in D. I personally don't find it to much of a stretch that such a thing could have happened in rural Texas and not make the news. I have never seen anything were Kyle was actually on the record and confirmed the story.

Got to agree it seem like a dumb move for Ventura to continue this against the widow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Links?

If true, there would still be the issue of a couple of dead bodies to dispose of, ambulances, hospital staff, coroners, deputies, families of the dead perps - that's a lot of people involved for it to be kept quiet.

Get let out of a parking ticket because of his service? - yeah, I can see that happening anytime.

If he would have dropped a couple of guys in a gas station, they would have taken a statement, gathered evidence and let him go on his way.  

This story stinks.

That means one of a couple things happened.  The reporter is lying about what he said he was told or the person telling the story was lying.

Link Posted: 7/7/2014 10:33:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

gladly do it again.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 10:35:12 AM EDT
[#42]
I'm no Ventura fan,but I never bought that story in the first place.I really doubt Ventura would go to the wake of a SEAL and pick a fight.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 10:37:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
In this trial;

How many SEALs will show up and testify that......They were at the bar that night....and.....Chris Kyle was telling the truth?

I'm thinking there would be a fair number, especially given the fact he is gone and the money Ventura is seeking would come from his widow and children.

Ventura is a dumbass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
In this trial;

Ventura is a dumbass.

There are plenty of independent witnesses to back up the Seal's story, not the UDT's story.

Borger has provided depositions and affidavits from people who were at the bar with Kyle that support aspects of the man's story. Last month, he added sworn statements from two sisters who were there; one claims she saw somebody slug Ventura in a "typical bar fight."

The other sister claimed that when she told Ventura they were at the bar for a wake for a SEAL who had died in combat, he replied, "He probably deserved it. They die all the time."

"This statement offended me," the woman, Rosemary deShazo of Salt Lake City, said in her affidavit. "In fact, Ventura's entire presence that night seemed to be pretty offensive to a lot of people. There had been some early excitement or talk about a celebrity being at McP's but he wore out his welcome pretty quickly."

http://www.twincities.com/localnews/ci_24871717/witnesses-who-saw-seal-sniper-punch-jesse-ventura
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 10:38:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I'm no Ventura fan,but I never bought that story in the first place.I really doubt Ventura would go to the wake of a SEAL and pick a fight.
View Quote

If I remember correctly, per the book, Kyle stated Ventura wasn't at the wake, he was simply in a bar that SEALs frequent that evening.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 10:40:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 10:45:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 10:45:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

It was a bar after a wake, and I would definitely believe he would say such things.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 10:46:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Fuck Ventura.
View Quote

+1

Sounds like Ventura needs to regain his "reputation" by punching himself in the face.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 10:49:02 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

If I remember correctly, per the book, Kyle stated Ventura wasn't at the wake, he was simply in a bar that SEALs frequent that evening.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still pretty far fetched.Why would an old man go into a bar full of certified bad asses and pick a fight?I do think that going after the widow is petty as hell.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 10:49:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Where are all of the Seals that were there? Couldn't they either prove or disprove this in about  seconds?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 26
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top