Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 26
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 10:50:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Other Witnesses

Debbie Lee, who lost her son, Navy SEAL Marc Lee, in Iraq, said the group was mournful and respectful. "It was not a belly-up-to-the-bar type of event," she wrote.

One of her son's SEAL teammates introduced her to Ventura, whom she found offensive. She said she heard him criticize the war and called President George Bush a jerk. Ventura could only talk about himself, she said. "He did not say he was sorry for my loss."

Bob Gassoff, the SEAL who introduced Lee to Ventura, said the former governor wore a beard braided into pony tails and a blue SEAL team hat. "He was badmouthing the war and President Bush. He was upsetting the families of deceased SEALs," Gassoff said.

Andrew Paul, a reservist Navy SEAL, said he notified Mansoor's family about his death and helped carry his body off the plane.

"I grew up watching [the movie] 'Predator' and professional wrestling. I thought it would be cool to meet 'The Body,'" he said.

But Ventura's behavior that night revolted him, Paul said. "He was saying the wrong things in the wrong place at the wrong time. In my opinion, he was being as anti-American as you can possibly get. Now, he would probably argue that he was being very American by challenging the government, but for a bunch of guys who had just laid their lives on the line for their country and who were at a wake for their fallen comrade, he's lucky the punch to the face is all he got."
View Quote

Jeremiah Dinnell, an active-duty SEAL, was the exception.

"I heard Ventura say that we shouldn't be over in Iraq, doing what we were doing," he said. "And then he said that the SEALs deserved to lose some guys because of what we were doing.

"That's when Chris punched him. All of us wanted to. Chris was just the first one to pop him."
View Quote

http://www.startribune.com/local/167764165.html
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 10:52:16 AM EDT
[#2]

Why can't he simply make peace with the widow?
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 10:53:00 AM EDT
[#3]
SEALs back comrade's claim that he punched out Jesse Ventura

But in a motion to dismiss two of Ventura's three claims of damage, Kyle's attorneys include sworn statements from six current or former SEAL team members who were there, along with the mothers of two dead SEALs who also were at the bar.

They describe a loutish and rude Ventura who seemed preoccupied with talking about himself. But of the lot, only one claims to have actually heard Ventura make the comment about "you deserve to lose a few" and saw Kyle punch the former governor.

That SEAL, Jeremiah Dinnell, said that Ventura "was being a jackass" and that his words went too far.

"That's when Chris punched him," Dinnell wrote. "All of us wanted to. Chris was just the first one to pop him."
View Quote

http://www.startribune.com/local/167764165.html
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 10:55:51 AM EDT
[#4]
After further reading, I concur with:

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fuck Ventura.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/7/2014 10:57:06 AM EDT
[#5]

I would have preferred Ventura to be one of the ones in the parking lot.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 11:04:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Where are all of the Seals that were there? Couldn't they either prove or disprove this in about  seconds?
View Quote

Chris Kyle told the Ventura story on The O'Reilly Factor; Bill later stated that he had talked to a SEAL stateside who was there and corresponded with another deployed SEAL who both backed up Kyle's story.
O'Reilly has on several occasions requested that Ventura just drop the whole thing.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 11:06:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 11:12:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The SEALs were all shitfaced, Ventura's buddy says he was there and it didn't happen, some girl says someone punched someone. Meh who knows.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In this trial;

How many SEALs will show up and testify that......They were at the bar that night....and.....Chris Kyle was telling the truth?

I'm thinking there would be a fair number, especially given the fact he is gone and the money Ventura is seeking would come from his widow and children.

Ventura is a dumbass.

There are plenty of independent witnesses to back up the Seal's story, not the UDT's story.

Borger has provided depositions and affidavits from people who were at the bar with Kyle that support aspects of the man's story. Last month, he added sworn statements from two sisters who were there; one claims she saw somebody slug Ventura in a "typical bar fight."

The other sister claimed that when she told Ventura they were at the bar for a wake for a SEAL who had died in combat, he replied, "He probably deserved it. They die all the time."

"This statement offended me," the woman, Rosemary deShazo of Salt Lake City, said in her affidavit. "In fact, Ventura's entire presence that night seemed to be pretty offensive to a lot of people. There had been some early excitement or talk about a celebrity being at McP's but he wore out his welcome pretty quickly."

http://www.twincities.com/localnews/ci_24871717/witnesses-who-saw-seal-sniper-punch-jesse-ventura
The SEALs were all shitfaced, Ventura's buddy says he was there and it didn't happen, some girl says someone punched someone. Meh who knows.  

...And the plaintiff swears that there are aliens under DIA.  Yeah, he's reliable.  And a secret underground train that would have to run under my house to get to Cheyenne Mountain.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 11:14:26 AM EDT
[#9]
If Jesse didn't have a black eye then, he sure has one now.  Screw him.

Really hoping this goes away real soon.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 11:15:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
After Kyle's story of shooting some carjackers whose bodies were mysteriously spirited away by the CIA has been pretty much been debunked as BS I don't know what to make of this deal. Of course Ventura is nutty anyway so who knows. Seems odd that he wouldn't just drop it at this point even if Kyle made the story up, but, again, who knows with Ventura.

Links?

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2013/06/03/130603fa_fact_schmidle?currentPage=4

Do you have any other links that actually say something about CIA taking bodies? Or is that your speculation?
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 11:20:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 11:31:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Ventura is a ass, he should just drop this and crawl back under his rock.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 11:31:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Do you have any other links that actually say something about CIA taking bodies? Or is that your speculation?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
After Kyle's story of shooting some carjackers whose bodies were mysteriously spirited away by the CIA has been pretty much been debunked as BS I don't know what to make of this deal. Of course Ventura is nutty anyway so who knows. Seems odd that he wouldn't just drop it at this point even if Kyle made the story up, but, again, who knows with Ventura.

Links?

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2013/06/03/130603fa_fact_schmidle?currentPage=4

It's certainly possible that the cia could clean up a mess involving one of its covert operatives.  It has happened outside conus.  Now in Dallas, that would probably be tough to pull off.  And why Kyle?
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 11:33:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 11:36:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Fuck Ventura.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/7/2014 11:46:00 AM EDT
[#16]
It's a tard fight. Delta and the green berets don't get into shitshows like this in the first place.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 11:48:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Levine said Ventura has a high bar to clear, and to win damages, he must also prove his reputation was harmed in a quantifiable way.
View Quote

I didn't realize that Ventura had a reputation that even could be harmed.  He's been saying for years that he was a SEAL, even though at the time he served they were called UDT.  When called on it, he just says, "UDT, SEAL, what's the difference?"  Big fucking difference, Jesse.   I've never been either one, and I know that.  

He needs to just crawl off somewhere and shut up.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 11:50:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 11:53:08 AM EDT
[#19]
I'll be in Coronado in a few weeks.  I'll hit McP's and have a beer in Chris' honor while I'm there.

Ventura is a douche.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 11:55:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
He's not going after a widow, he's going after Kyle's multimillion dollar estate, of which she is the administrator. I'm not defending his continuing to go at this but I'm not convinced this is as one sided as it is portrayed  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The punch - whether it happened or not- isn't so much the issue as is were the alleged reasons behind it true. Was Jesse Ventura actually there and making disparaging comments about currently serving SEALs etc? That would be the defamation.

Going after the widow is lowbrow but if it is true that a smear is still being published and profited upon,should that not be rectified? There is a difference between clearing ones name and seeking money/publicity and Ventura is the one who makes this distinction more difficult in his attentionwhoring ways.

Jesse Ventura is a nutcase but that does not make it any more acceptable to print and repeat untruths. The other side of this is that if he indeed was found to be guilty of needing popped for the reason given in the book,it makes him out to be an even bigger asshole.
He's not going after a widow, he's going after Kyle's multimillion dollar estate, of which she is the administrator. I'm not defending his continuing to go at this but I'm not convinced this is as one sided as it is portrayed  

You think that matters?

Just say "he's a deceased veh'turun" "young widow" and a few

out there and you'll have a Genessee Light fueled tampon attack the world has never seen

You already have guys on here wanting to fuck Ventura over even if Kyle told a fucking lie.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 11:58:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
..or he could be a fucking man about it and let it the fuck go seeing as how the guy he had beef with was murdered.

Maybe it happened, maybe it didn't...just like probably half the shit that Ventura has claimed over the years.
View Quote

You'd let a man make a shitload of cash by besmirching you on a national level if he was making shit up about you?
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 12:01:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

He has no problem with the widow.  She's just the named representative of the estate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He has no problem with the widow.  She's just the named representative of the estate.

There you go harshing on the tampon storm.

The dry vaginas of GD demand quenching satisfaction.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 12:03:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know he's suing the estate; however, the whole thing is upsetting to a young widow.  Ventura could get out of this mess looking much better if he said, "I'm sorry about what happened and I'm sorry that Mr. Kyle is deceased and I just want to move on.  I want to forgive and forget"
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 12:05:32 PM EDT
[#24]
That's an interesting tidbit about being a public figure.  If I meet Jessica Alba at a party or event and then later write a book claiming I banged a Hollywood actress and when asked for clarification claim it was her, she would have to prove "actual malice" or that I knowingly made false statements?  Essentially she would have to prove that she didn't sleep with me rather than I have to prove that I did sleep with her...am I reading that correctly?

For the record I'm not defending Ventura just asking for clarification.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 12:06:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 12:10:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Fuck Ventura.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 12:11:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Really?????  

E. TAYA KYLE CRITICIZES VENTURA IN THE MEDIA

Perhaps taking a cue from her husband, who had previously mocked Ventura on radio and television programs, or from her counsel who have consistently disparaged Ventura in their court filings, Taya Kyle has taken her case to the media in an attempt to influence public opinion in her favor and against Ventura.

Appearing on FOX TV’s the O’Reilly Factor and Glenn Beck’s internet program, for example, Ms. Kyle criticized Ventura for pursuing this suit and said he is trying to take away money she needs to raise her children. She also painted Ventura as selfish and unfeeling toward the families of military veterans

Link Posted: 7/7/2014 12:13:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 12:17:36 PM EDT
[#29]
I honestly think Ventura is suffering from some sort of dementia.  He was lucid, he was sane, then he became the Governor and then after about 2 years says and does nothing but whackadoo tinfoil conspiracy shit.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 12:18:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Surprised nobody has given Ventura a wall to wall counseling session to drop this issue all together.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 12:21:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I know he's suing the estate; however, the whole thing is upsetting to a young widow.  Ventura could get out of this mess looking much better if he said, "I'm sorry about what happened and I'm sorry that Mr. Kyle is deceased and I just want to move on.  I want to forgive and forget"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some people want $$$$. Ventura is one of them.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 2:20:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It's a tard fight. Delta and the green berets don't get into shitshows like this in the first place.
View Quote

And their historical documentaries are way better than Lone Survivor and Act of Valor

Link Posted: 7/7/2014 2:30:52 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:Do you have any other links that actually say something about CIA taking bodies? Or is that your speculation?Police officers arrived at the scene. When they ran Kyle’s license, Mooney wrote, something unusual occurred: "Instead of his name, address, and date of birth, what came up was a phone number at the Department of Defense. At the other end of the line was someone who explained that the police were in the presence of one of the most skilled fighters in U.S. military history.” According to Kyle, security cameras documented the episode.  

View Quote

This is bullshit. Kyle's license doesn't say "Call DOD". There are no bodies, no police reports, no one confirms anything like this happening other than internet rumors. So either the CIA came and hid the bodies and used the Forgetter Ray from Men in Black, or Kyle made it up.

And if it was such a "classified" operation that the CIA cleaned the mess, why would Kyle then publicly blab about it?

I think Kyle was a great man, served his country well, but at times maybe fame got to him a bit.

Link Posted: 7/7/2014 2:38:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Opie asked Chris after some phone calls from Chris' buddies.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Regardless of the merits of the case, some big, fat, bald, old, professional wrestler going after a young, attractive, recently widowed woman isn't going to look good in front of a jury.

Ventura should be easy to prove as a bull shitter or whack job too, I hope they discuss his conspiracy theories.

Quoted:
I don't recall anywhere in Kyle's book that he named Mr. Bigmouth.

Ventura should drop the issue with Kyle's estate.  Leave the widow alone.

Not in the book, but on a radio show or something, he said that person punched was Ventura.
Yup Kyle said it was Ventura while pimping his book on some Morning Zoo Crew type show  

It was on the Opie and Anthony show.

Opie asked Chris after some phone calls from Chris' buddies.  

And who was just fired last week... Anthony Cumia

This smells like a

Link Posted: 7/7/2014 3:06:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Police officers arrived at the scene. When they ran Kyle’s license, Mooney wrote, something unusual occurred: "Instead of his name, address, and date of birth, what came up was a phone number at the Department of Defense. At the other end of the line was someone who explained that the police were in the presence of one of the most skilled fighters in U.S. military history.” According to Kyle, security cameras documented the episode.  

This is bullshit. Kyle's license doesn't say "Call DOD". There are no bodies, no police reports, no one confirms anything like this happening other than internet rumors. So either the CIA came and hid the bodies and used the Forgetter Ray from Men in Black, or Kyle made it up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Police officers arrived at the scene. When they ran Kyle’s license, Mooney wrote, something unusual occurred: "Instead of his name, address, and date of birth, what came up was a phone number at the Department of Defense. At the other end of the line was someone who explained that the police were in the presence of one of the most skilled fighters in U.S. military history.” According to Kyle, security cameras documented the episode.  

In the original article (from D Magazine) that was reference by your earlier post the author, Mooney, actually claims to have had confirmation from an unnamed police chief.

Michael J. Mooney:
Several of Kyle’s friends were familiar with the incident, and they had heard virtually the same story. After our talk, I called the police chiefs of several towns along 67. Most of them had heard of the incident. One, speaking only on background, said he knew some of his men had at least seen the tape. But request after request provided no police reports and no tape.

We’ve debated here at the office exactly how to handle this. Honestly, I wanted to tell the entire world about it on the afternoon it was confirmed.

Original Story about Kyle Carjacking

If we believe the author, Mooney, is being factual and accurate in reporting what Kyle said then it seems we should also believe him when he says it was confirmed to him by a local police chief.

I heard Kyle on O&A when they got him to admit it was Venture he decked and they really had to drag it out of him. Didn't come across as a braggin kind of guy.

Any other accounts of Kyle telling the story or was it just to Mooney?
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 3:17:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Ventura is a first rate douchebag
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 3:27:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 3:27:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Jesse "Not the Brain" Ventura is going to lose.

Link Posted: 7/7/2014 3:36:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
To the 1,000 of you that donated cash last year - it might come in handy since fighting Jesse off likely ain't gonna be cheap ...  

http://www.laruetactical.com/newsletter/check.jpg
View Quote

Rick is finally starting to secure the border!!!!

Wait wrong thread.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 4:04:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
To the 1,000 of you that donated cash last year - it might come in handy since fighting Jesse off likely ain't gonna be cheap ...  

View Quote

I have a couple of those dillo's.
Have any more, or maybe a $100.00 dollar hat I could get?
I find it very sad to see things like this happen.
if you think of a way to pitch in on this I will be in for $100 or so. wish I could spend more
thanks.

edit for bad spelling.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 4:18:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would require Ventura to be a class act, which he is not.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 4:26:02 PM EDT
[#42]
I want to know more about Jesse Ventura's witness.

Green Beret, Army Ranger, Navy Seal, Counter-Intel operative.

Ventura's 39-page memorandum opposing Kyle's motion was filed late Wednesday, Sept. 19. It is accompanied by affidavits from one of Ventura's longtime friends, Bill DeWitt, and his wife, who were with the former governor that night at McP's Irish Pub, a popular watering hole among military personnel in Coronado, Calif.

Bill DeWitt, a corporate security director in the private sector who has served as a  Navy SEAL, Army Ranger, Green Beret and, for 23 years, as an Army counter-intelligence officer, was with Ventura the entire time he was at McP’s in October 2006, and is certain that the incident Kyle wrote about did not happen.
View Quote

Bill DeWitt, Vice President, Security and Compliance, SSA Marine / CARRIX Mr. DeWitt is a skilled manager currently employed as corporate security director for the largest independent marine terminal operator in the United States and the third largest in the world, SSA Marine. During his military career, he specialized in counter-intelligence, counter-terrorism, and counter-narcotics with Special Forces, RANGER, and Navy SEAL qualifications. He participated, by invitation of the Naval War College (October 2008) and the Department of Homeland Security (May 2009), in special workshops regarding Maritime Resiliency Planning. He is a member of the American Society of Industrial Security, a Counter-intelligence Agent, a NAUI Scuba Instructor, a Special Forces Officer, RANGER, a Master Parachutist, and a member of the National Association of Chiefs of Police.
View Quote

http://www.scribd.com/doc/219635030/Jesse-Ventura-and-Taya-Kyle-s-Trial-Briefs
http://www.psocew.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=200:bill-dewitt&catid=39:speaker-profiles&Itemid=72
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 4:30:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

A police chief saying that some of his guys saw a tape is not confirmation of an incident. He didn't even say that he saw it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If we believe the author, Mooney, is being factual and accurate in reporting what Kyle said then it seems we should also believe him when he says it was confirmed to him by a local police chief.

I heard Kyle on O&A when they got him to admit it was Venture he decked and they really had to drag it out of him. Didn't come across as a braggin kind of guy.

Any other accounts of Kyle telling the story or was it just to Mooney?

A police chief saying that some of his guys saw a tape is not confirmation of an incident. He didn't even say that he saw it.

True enough, but then again there is no confirmation that Kyle even claimed the story was true.

I must admit I would rather believe, and personally do believe, that Chris Kyle was not a liar. To me that means the whole story, as written in the D Magazine, is either 100% true or 100% false. I sure don't have any first hand knowledge of the situation.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 4:35:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Like picking sides in a random Tiddlywinks contest found on Youtube.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 4:39:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

then again, people are just people...
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/jim-gant-top-green-beret-officer-forced-resign/story?id=24266710
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 4:44:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
You guys are fucking awesome

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You guys are fucking awesome

This.

Mr. LaRue, you are a class act!
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 5:06:43 PM EDT
[#47]
I got a chuckle about the job offers dried up.   I am pretty sure that is to do with the tin foil hat crap he spewed on his conspiracy theories show.  I think it would be great if the defense does a video of the more hair brained crap he had on the show to show his credibility.  Hard to take him seriously after watching that show.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 5:14:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Ventura is a joke.  Anybody who would sue a widow for money after having his attitude adjusted by a better man is a piece of shit.  Pathetic.  
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 5:14:16 PM EDT
[#49]
This story has already been around the block a few times. What interests me are those sticking up for that trash named Ventura. Have any of you ever listened to his BS?
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 7:41:29 AM EDT
[#50]
i hope at trial they show all of venturas conspiracy theory crap to the jury..

GR
Page / 26
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top