Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 4/23/2014 4:19:15 AM EDT
Read about it

"Aegis" spotted from afar the approaching aircraft, and sounded alarm. Everything went normally, American radars calculated the speed of the approaching target. And suddenly all the screens went blank. "Aegis" was not working any more, and the rockets could not get target information. Meanwhile, Su-24 flew over the deck of the destroyer, did battle turn and simulated missile attack on the target. Then it turned and repeated the maneuver. And did so 12 times.

Apparently, all efforts to revive the "Aegis" and provide target information for the defence failed. Russia's reaction to military pressure from the United States was profoundly calm, feels the Russian political scientist Pavel Zolotarev:
View Quote

http://indian.ruvr.ru/2014_04_21/Russian-Su-24-scores-off-against-the-American-USS-Donald-Cook-5786/
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:20:17 AM EDT
[#1]
BS.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:20:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, this is on a Russian website......
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:21:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, we've just proven how quickly our technology can become impotent. Time to bring her home.  Thank you 0.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:23:48 AM EDT
[#4]
In mother Russia, aegis reboots you.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:24:22 AM EDT
[#5]
...After the incident, the foreign media reported that "Donald Cook" was rushed into a port in Romania. There all the 27 members of the crew filed a letter of resignation. It seems that all 27 people have written that they are not going to risk their lives. This is indirectly confirmed by the Pentagon statement according to which the action demoralized the crew of the American ship...
View Quote

Meshokblog? I mean, sure, the Russians certainly have an EW trick or two up their sleeves, but...
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:25:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

BS.
View Quote
But I'm sure a Russian website is totally reliable in these matters.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:26:27 AM EDT
[#7]
All 27 members of the crew?

I guess lean manning cut deep.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:27:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Russian Duffleblog?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:28:10 AM EDT
[#9]
I call BS. Aegis systems have BUIS. Everyone knows that.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:28:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well, this is on a Russian website......
View Quote

Do you expect the US mass media to report such a defeat to Obama's strategy?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:28:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:29:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Propaganda

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:29:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:30:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Russian Duffleblog?
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:30:28 AM EDT
[#15]
In the US version, the Aegis class fired one torpedo containing not a H.E. , but a sternly written letter...
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:31:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Meshokblog? I mean, sure, the Russians certainly have an EW trick or two up their sleeves, but...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
...After the incident, the foreign media reported that "Donald Cook" was rushed into a port in Romania. There all the 27 members of the crew filed a letter of resignation. It seems that all 27 people have written that they are not going to risk their lives. This is indirectly confirmed by the Pentagon statement according to which the action demoralized the crew of the American ship...

Ok, let's theorize that Russia has this capability.  I'm sure they don't, but bear with me.

If you could kill Aegis and take pot-shots at destroyers all day and were angling for a fight why would you show off the capability before you actually needed it?  That would have to be about the stupidest thing that Russian Naval Aviation could do.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:32:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Duffelblogski.

Edit:  Dammit! Beat!  

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:33:23 AM EDT
[#18]
No it's true guys.

I talked to a guy at the gun store who has a nephew that was on that ship.

He said I should buy up all the 7.62x39 that I can because when the Russians invade I will have ammo for battlefield pick ups.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:34:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Even if that did happen that way, which I sincerely doubt, there is no way in Hell anyone who was on board the ship would ever admit it.  That would be a huge problem.  That would be the kind of problem that would kick operations like the Skunk Works into high gear and money would flow.  And we'd only find out about it thirty years later.  That would be a national security matter that we'd have to clamp down on hard.  Or ignore it and instead make a call for a more inclusive and gender neutral Russia that respects the feelings of everyone that we like.  

More likely the ship's Captain was under orders to not go around responding to any provocation and did not target the Russian jet when it started buzzing the Cook.  I can see our current Ruling Junta sending a warship into that area with absolutely no use of force permitted at all.  All style, no substance.  That's the American Way these days.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:35:21 AM EDT
[#20]
LOL.............Russian propaganda is funny
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:35:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Ok, let's theorize that Russia has this capability.  I'm sure they don't, but bear with me.

If you could kill Aegis and take pot-shots at destroyers all day and were angling for a fight why would you show off the capability before you actually needed it?  That would have to be about the stupidest thing that Russian Naval Aviation could do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It would be like using a stealth airplane to bomb fixed troop barracks in Panama...
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:37:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Lololololololololololol.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:38:44 AM EDT
[#23]
May be BS may not be, however jamming technology is not difficult to understand.  Transmit pseudo-random noise over the spectrum used by an adversary's radar with a high enough PSD and they are effectively blind.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:38:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol, isn't normal crew on that class around 300-350? That would be one empty ship with 90% of the crew missing.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:39:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:40:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Yeah, interesting isnt it?

Quoted:
Have you heard the people in eastern Ukraine going on about how the rest of the Ukraine are fascists about to attack them and thank hod their former commie masters have sent troops into e Ukraine  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Have you heard the people in eastern Ukraine going on about how the rest of the Ukraine are fascists about to attack them and thank hod their former commie masters have sent troops into e Ukraine  

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:42:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not a glorious people's official news source. Looks like their version of NEIN or Debka.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:43:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:43:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Next up we have Jim Jones and a new kool aid flavor.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:47:40 AM EDT
[#30]

Seems legit.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:48:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Lol, isn't normal crew on that class around 300-350? That would be one empty ship with 90% of the crew missing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know what this means? The Russians have weaponized the forces discovered in the Philadelphia Experiment... Damn you Zombie Tesla!
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:49:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Might as well pledge my allegiance to Putin now...  

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:49:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It would be like using a stealth airplane to bomb fixed troop barracks in Panama...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You fight the war you have, not the war you wish you had.

procure for dreams, fight the fuzzy wuzzys
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:49:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or government offices in Libya.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:50:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:51:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Im sure its propaganda, but some of you guys are underestimating Russian forces. I doubt they are as incompetent as you think they are. If our messiah gets us in to a shooting war with Russia its not going to be the same as fighting a bunch of illiterate savages with bomb strapped to them.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:51:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Russia doesn't want war, it would fuck up their plans.

They did this for the same reason you might pull your CCW when 5 guys suddenly start surrounding you in an alley. Sure by pulling your gun you give away your best capability possibly giving them a chance to counter it but hopefully just pulling your gun is enough to get them to back off so that you can continue your walk headed east down Ukraine alley.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:52:31 AM EDT
[#38]
I heard a story years ago that during WWII someone decided to brag about our manufacturing capabilities by sending our Soviet allies a drill the size of a human hair.
The Russians promptly drilled a hole in the shank and sent it back. Don't no if true or just a "Machine Shop" myth.
 Whether the radar jamming is true or not is hard to say.How would the Russians know they shut down our radar? Unless they could tell that no radar emissions were occurring? It would be a good way to signal a potential adversary that they have capabilities and to think twice before messing with them.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:54:58 AM EDT
[#39]
I'm more inclined to think that the Aegis system might have enough power and beam steerability to burn an SU-24 out of the sky at that range.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:55:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Russians have teleporters now.  The 27 remaining crewmen were inside the Faraday Cage.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:55:53 AM EDT
[#41]

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:56:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Hah, that radar system would fry that SU-24 right out of the sky, if they so wanted to.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:59:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Hah, that radar system would fry that SU-24 right out of the sky, if they so wanted to.
View Quote

Then why does the ship have SAMs?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:03:23 AM EDT
[#44]
When one single aircraft radiates enough power to shut down an Aegis weapon system that aircraft is also radiating a big HERE I AM electronic signal that is really really easy to kill.
Also, if the Russians did kill an Aegis weapons system they lost the element of surprise.
It's not that hard to figure out what spectrum they are freaking and geeking from once its done and then come up with countermeasures to prevent that from happening again.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:04:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Not trying to shit on anyone's parade...but I've been on carriers in the center of a supposed AEGIS picket that were buzzed three or four times before we even got a single bird off the deck (armed with CATM-9s ).

All the way through the picket to the carrier, and had plenty of time to do whatever they needed to do.

Underestimating the Russkies--and overinflating our own prowess--isn't smart.

Best wishes to our boys out there.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:05:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Actually I think we should let them believe it happened, and that they do in fact have the current capability to take us out.

If the time ever comes to go head to head with them. Surprise CockFags

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:06:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Propoganda much?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:07:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Not trying to shit on anyone's parade...but I've been on carriers in the center of a supposed AEGIS picket that were buzzed three or four times before we even got a single bird off the deck (armed with CATM-9s ).

All the way through the picket to the carrier, and had plenty of time to do whatever they needed to do.

Underestimating the Russkies--and overinflating our own prowess--isn't smart.

Best wishes to our boys out there.
View Quote

That sounds like a command bureacracy issue.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:07:53 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:09:05 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Russian Duffleblog?
View Quote
Exactly what I was thinking

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top