Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2017 9:00:22 PM EDT
So, went to my local Goody Goody today and while I was there they were clearing the shelves.  Apparently their lease was up and Total Wine outbid them for a new lease.  I have only been to one Total Wine location b/c it isn't very close to me and the selection of bourbon was no where near what this Goody Goody had.  Got to say, this sucks.  I really like Goody Goody.  Decent prices and great selection of bourbon.

I heard they are also giving Specs a run for their money.  This doesn't bother me as much b/c the specs locations around me aren't very good for bourbon.  Very small selection and not great prices.

So, anybody have any input about Total Wine.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:08:16 PM EDT
[#1]
we like it. The one in Lewisville has more in the way of whiskey and bourbon than the Goody Goody I go to near work in Dallas. good wines, too.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:13:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I like it. Cheapest prices around here on every type of booze.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:22:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Well this helps.  My concern was it would be like the one I visited and it didn't have a very good selection.  I hope this one is better b/c it is the closest to me.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 10:39:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Are you in Houston?
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 12:27:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I generally like the one I use. They have a good selection of spirits and what not. However, for things like shrubs and bitters their selections are lacking. There is a small liquor establishment that I sometimes use that stocks mainly small batch and hard to find sprits.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 10:36:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like it. Cheapest prices around here on every type of booze.
View Quote
This is my experience also.  The beer selection is huge.  They even stock PBR longnecks.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 10:59:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Several visits, no complaints. Great selection and good prices.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 10:59:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a TW&M and a Bevy close to me and i can shop around for the cheapest booze in either location; TW&M has a crazy selection of libations from all over the world, from craft beers to Tequilas and bourbons, plus all the supplies you may need, like glasses, bitters, garnishes, etc...

Plus if the misses likes wine, she will find every sort of wine in there, from locals to foreign squeezes. Oh, and they have a humidor, so you can find the sticks you may want in there.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 3:23:14 PM EDT
[#9]
They have a really good wine and beer selection.  I can get Shiner through them in Florida, so that is a good thing.  They can be hit or miss on prices with regards to Rum, Scotch or Bourbon.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 3:35:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Specs is the best!
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 3:43:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Specs is the best!
View Quote
I like Total Wine better.  The prices and the selection are both better at TW.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 9:56:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Are you in Houston?
View Quote
Yes
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 12:04:53 PM EDT
[#13]
I like it. Their store brand scotch is actually pretty good. The Grangestone 21 year is around $85
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 9:12:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top