Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2017 9:12:51 PM EDT
Does anybody collect liquor flasks or have any recommendations on one that doesn't leak and won't rust?

I really like the look of X flasks but kind of expensive and don't really like the logo they slap on it.  The high polish though makes and seamless design makes it the best looking one I have seen.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 9:22:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Does anybody collect liquor flasks or have any recommendations on one that doesn't leak and won't rust?

I really like the look of X flasks but kind of expensive and don't really like the logo they slap on it.  The high polish though makes and seamless design makes it the best looking one I have seen.
View Quote

It sounds petty, but they harass the hell out of any of the whiskey instagram pages and try to get us to sling their stuff, so I don't know how I feel about them. I'd be lying if I said that this didn't give me wood.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 2:50:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I picked up a lovely flask in London about 15 years ago.  We'll say it's skin-wrapped stainless steel.  No idea what brand, but I've never seen a prettier flask.

I rarely, rarely use a flask, though I love them.  The only thing going for them is convenience. The shape makes them hard to clean, so they can affect the flavor of whatever they're carrying.  And there's a stigma attached to them and people that carry them, at least in the social circles I've lived in.

Most situations that call for a functional flask, you're probably better off with a cheap plastic one you can ditch when it's empty.  You don't want to get nailed at the concert with your $100 unicorn-skin-wrapped flask, and if it's for outdoors stuff plastic is lighter.  You can also buy a new one as needed, so that peppermint schnapps you smuggled into church to add some pop to the hot chocolate at Christmas doesn't taint the nice scotch you want to enjoy at the end of a hike in the woods.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top