Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » SCUBA
Posted: 3/23/2017 1:19:51 PM EDT
Just bought my first dive computer; an Aqualung i200 watch style. It'll eventually be my back up.

The serial number ends in 1911.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 3:30:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Now it will continually freeze up and be picky about what batteries it likes....
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:39:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Now it will continually freeze up and be picky about what batteries it likes....
View Quote
What you did there,
Saw it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 6:26:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Geez, you would have been probably better off with an Oceanic. From what I read on SB, the AL computers are neutered versions of the Oceanics.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 1:27:47 PM EDT
[#4]
They have limited battery capacity and are heavy as shit. On the plus side, it can be used as a makeshift boat anchor.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:21:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Geez, you would have been probably better off with an Oceanic. From what I read on SB, the AL computers are neutered versions of the Oceanics.
View Quote
From what I understand aqualung bought out the oceanic computer division.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:29:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Unfortunately, yes. For current computers, the AL ones are similar to the Oceanic, from what i read, but they don't have the dual algorithms the Oceanics have (or at least the Geo has).
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 3:19:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They have limited battery capacity and are heavy as shit. On the plus side, it can be used as a makeshift boat anchor.
View Quote
Not sure about all of the hate, but this is my first, so I don't have a lot of knowledge to go on. But, I wouldn't consider the i200 as being heavy. It doesn't weigh much more than my Seiko dive watch, and is just barely bigger than it. Supposed to have a 2-3 year battery life; we'll see.

Logged 8 dives with it this weekend. So far, I'm happy enough with it. Fairly easy to use, and easy to read underwater. Seems to me that it'll be a good back up for myself, or the wife, once I get a larger model; thinking a Luna.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 6:05:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Not sure about all of the hate, but this is my first, so I don't have a lot of knowledge to go on. But, I wouldn't consider the i200 as being heavy. It doesn't weigh much more than my Seiko dive watch, and is just barely bigger than it. Supposed to have a 2-3 year battery life; we'll see.

Logged 8 dives with it this weekend. So far, I'm happy enough with it. Fairly easy to use, and easy to read underwater. Seems to me that it'll be a good back up for myself, or the wife, once I get a larger model; thinking a Luna.
View Quote
We were all making 1911 jokes.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 4:05:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Went right over my head apparently!
Page General » SCUBA
Top Top