Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2014 12:00:40 PM EDT
I got one and have used it twice, kinda like falling in love all over again.
The box is HUGE and 220#.  Get some help unloading and a 12 pack for assembly.
It's a Vision classic B
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 12:30:01 PM EDT
[#1]
ceramic or steel?
Nevermind found the site.  Looks nice.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 2:17:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Tag for grill report!
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 4:24:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I couldn't find one local so I called my folks in NY who found one there.  It is arriving on Saturday and I am making butts on Sunday for a good ole eastern NC BBQ cookout!

I need a good brisket recipe to try next.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 4:28:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Is this a sale going on everywhere?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 4:31:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is this a sale going on everywhere?
View Quote

Not in every store.  Up near my folks one had while another didn't.

I had to track it down via their website which lists the real time price at the stores you can select.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:18:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like I'm finally picking one up then.  No way I was paying BGE prices for one...but at under $400 that's enough to get me looking....
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:23:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:39:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Missed out on one at my local store. It sold for $212!
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:53:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Been in the market for one. Thank you OP, you just saved me a ton if I can find one

Not finding one, where is this real time pricing thing?
View Quote

Not too difficult.  Here is the webpage for the item and then you have to select a club for pricing and availability.

Vision Grill
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:16:15 AM EDT
[#10]
$499 at my local SAMS
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:33:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Gone from my sams, they were cheap at 250.    Best charcoal cooker I have ever used.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:52:40 AM EDT
[#12]
None near me even carried them. One near my parents carried them but listed as "$212, Out of Stock"
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 6:37:05 PM EDT
[#13]
This kamado is the way.  Haven't fired up the propane all summer, except to roast green chilies.

Anybody on the fence about dropping the coin on one, I shoulda done this years ago.  

So far no problems with the chinese kamado.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 6:29:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:37:51 AM EDT
[#15]
I looked at these when they had them here, but I already own the BGE.
The one thing I did notice was that the plate setter was absent on the floor model.  I looked up online and you can buy one, but I wasn't sure if it was included or not.  Did it have one or no?

I liked the vent system on that one, and everything else looked almost identical to the BGE.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:22:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The one thing I did notice was that the plate setter was absent on the floor model.  I looked up online and you can buy one, but I wasn't sure if it was included or not.  Did it have one or no?

I liked the vent system on that one, and everything else looked almost identical to the BGE.
View Quote

No it is an accessory just like on the BGE.  But there are custom setters that are better, cheaper and more versatile than the branded one.

http://shop.ceramicgrillstore.com/vision-classic/
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:22:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

No it is an accessory just like on the BGE.  But there are custom setters that are better, cheaper and more versatile than the branded one.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for putting that link up, I need a setter, I think.  That will let me use the grill as a smoker, right?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:27:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Thanks for putting that link up, I need a setter, I think.  That will let me use the grill as a smoker, right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes it will allow you to keep direct heat off whatever you are smoking.  I just went with the basic spider and a cheap pizza stone for less that $40.  Just cover the stone in tin foil to keep it clean so you can also use it for pizza if needed.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:00:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. And I sometimes use the setter for chicken as well.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:21:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top