Posted: 8/16/2014 4:17:16 PM EDT
I dont want to make this this stuff again but I would like to have some on hand

anybody got a decent source
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:01:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Williams Sonoma.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:06:07 PM EDT
[#2]
http://www.amazon.com/More-Than-Gourmet-Demi-glace-16-Ounce/dp/B0010OQQ2Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1408655021&sr=1-1&keywords=demi+glace

This works very well as a base or thickener for pan sauces.  I wouldn't use it by itself.

It is a bit expensive for a pound but it lasts a long time.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:11:40 PM EDT
[#3]
The stuff from Williams Sonoma is the best tasting one I've tried. It's ridiculously expensive but lasts a long time and a little goes a long way.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 3:02:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Demi Glace Gold is pretty good. I've used it as a base several times. I say as a base as while it is ok it reeks of Shoemaker. Reduce some burgandy and onions/shallots and maybe a few beef bones then add it to the Gold. Or deglaze a roasting plaque then add the gold.

Knorr Swiss is a last resort replacement. Pure shoemaker in a can.

The Gold is the best I've used, it ain't fresh but better than nothing. Syrupy, stick to you lips, good color.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 4:25:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I dont want to make this this stuff again but I would like to have some on hand
anybody got a decent source
View Quote

Knorr makes a passable product. Nothing is as good as real 'scratch-made' demi glace, but finding veal bones is tough and it takes a long time to roast the bones and reduce the stock over and over.

I always got complements using Knorr products.

ETA: Was out of the business before the product in the previous post (demi glace gold) was around. If it's better than Knorr, it's gonna be great.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 6:16:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah Knorr is ok Gold is leap and bounds better.
Top Top