Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 21
Posted: 2/13/2014 9:29:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CtSmshr]
Got this idea from the love Boxers thread. I'd like to see a thread dedicated to the Shepherds. So post your GSD, Malinois, or Dutch Shepherds, ect. All Shepherds welcome! I'll kick it off here's my boy. Elvis, he's a 3 year old Dutchie. Very smart, loves to work, and has a slight ball addiction.

Puppy picture
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 8:24:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Merry Christmas from our two:

Link Posted: 12/2/2014 9:24:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dash_ISpy:
Awesome. Thanks, Guns. And glad the harness worked out.
View Quote

It'd be better if I could get him to hold his head still.   He messes up all my pictures.    

And, thanks again for the advice on the harness.    I've had him out with the bike, while wearing it, and it seems to wear well on him.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 1:19:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 1:52:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Itracc] [#4]
Here's my boy Buster

Link Posted: 12/4/2014 8:22:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Itracc:
Here's my boy Buster
<a href="http://s113.photobucket.com/user/coontrapper32/media/FullSizeRender_8.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n218/coontrapper32/FullSizeRender_8.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s113.photobucket.com/user/coontrapper32/media/FullSizeRender_7.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n218/coontrapper32/FullSizeRender_7.jpg</a>
View Quote

Better switch him to PMAGs for dag longevity.        Great looking pup!!
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 10:17:05 AM EDT
[#6]
The crazy one

Her collar when she got stitches

Her brother still doesn't know about her.

Link Posted: 12/10/2014 6:48:01 PM EDT
[#7]
The SO Worldstarred the gif but pretty good either way.

Here's what you get with a Maligator.

Link Posted: 12/11/2014 12:46:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Not a Werewolf but a Weredog!!!
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 2:39:02 AM EDT
[#9]

http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz326/dasharfcom/IMG_0433_zpsdmdvy6g8.gif
View Quote

The Maligator "Kung Fu Grip".

No other breed uses their paws as "Hands" to the same degree.
It's really unnerving at times when Jed gets to eyeballing the truck keys. He knows damn well he could drive the thing if he just had a thumb.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 3:26:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By S-28:

It's really unnerving at times when Jed gets to eyeballing the truck keys. He knows damn well he could drive the thing if he just had a thumb.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz326/dasharfcom/IMG_0433_zpsdmdvy6g8.gif

Link Posted: 12/11/2014 6:21:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Alright, I guess I should share.

Here is K9 Ezio shortly after being born.  He's a White GSD (obviously right?).  I've been involved with SAR for a while and decided to start a dog.  I puppy tested this one and he showed all the great signs of being a great search dog right off the bat.  Lots of good play drive, tons of energy, alpha dog mentality, but yet still submissive and not fearful.  Unfortunately, after about a year of training, I was forced to take a job that required travel and I wasn't able to keep training him weekly which is pretty much required.  Fortunately, he's still a great friend, companion, and doesn't mind just being a pet now.  That being said, it's still fun to head up into the hills with a planted subject and "play" search.  I'm pretty sure if I started him again, he'd pick right up where we left off.

Born

8 weeks when we brought him home

Ears finally standing up

Beginning search work

Run aways

End of a training session, spent some time in the lake

Daily hike

Most recent

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:44:49 PM EDT
[#12]
My baby girl outgrew her large Kong harness. So it's time for a new harness. What are some good ones. Thought some in here with working dogs might have some experience. Really looking for one with a handle to help control her if I need to.

Since it is a picture thread. My bed time but she was still being crazy.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:41:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Overgrown lap dog

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:55:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 12/24/2014 6:46:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#15]
My boy,  Cain, helping me with some snow camo.

20141224_152322 by guns762, on Flickr" />

20141224_151706 by guns762, on Flickr" />
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 1:55:56 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

That is a beautiful dog. He looks a lot like the father to mine.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 1:58:17 PM EDT
[#17]
I posted a thread about this, but I wanted to get a pic up in here too. I put my 6 month old GSD on her first real track the other day. There was plenty of blood for her to follow. She picked up on the trail well before we reached first blood. She trailed like she was supposed to do. Between her and my GSP I should have 2 good blood dogs.

Link Posted: 12/25/2014 10:32:11 PM EDT
[#18]
11 months old today, she's very trainable and I'm getting ready to start nose work.

" />
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 4:54:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Compta] [#19]

Our new family member, 7 week old Gunner. Daddy was a big boy at 125lbs, and mom was 85. He will look just like his father, but hopefully won't have his huge size and potential health problems associated with it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 2:40:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ricomock] [#20]

I'm cheating because he's not my dog, but this is Titan my brother's 1 year old Dutch.

They are cool, but I couldn't keep up with these breeds, they are just WAY too much work for the time I have available. But WOW!! He is Crazy smart, almost scary.

He was watching TV last night, and it's amazing just watching him. My brother turned on the Animal Planet show Big Cat Diaries, and Titan kept going up to the screen growling and poking the cats with his snout. Any time a zebra or something would run across the screen Titan would follow it off screen and then behind the TV trying to find out where the animal went.

Before being around Titan the only other shepherd I had really spent time with was a old bosses huge GSD who was pretty laid back, and I had no real appreciation for how much work these breeds could really be. Titan has to be given something to do, or he will make something to do, stealing things that people are using, collecting random things from round the house, harassing my coonhound who would rather be napping on my bed, just go...go...GO! 70lbs of condensed "LET'S DO STUFF!!!"

Link Posted: 12/27/2014 3:17:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By ricomock:
http://i57.tinypic.com/21llkz6.jpg

I'm cheating because he's not my dog, but this is Titan my brother's 1 year old Dutch.

They are cool, but I couldn't keep up with these breeds, they are just WAY too much work for the time I have available. But WOW!! He is Crazy smart, almost scary.

He was watching TV last night, and it's amazing just watching him. My brother turned on the Animal Planet show Big Cat Diaries, and Titan kept going up to the screen growling and poking the cats with his snout. Any time a zebra or something would run across the screen Titan would follow it off screen and then behind the TV trying to find out where the animal went.

Before being around Titan the only other shepherd I had really spent time with was a old bosses huge GSD who was pretty laid back, and I had no real appreciation for how much work these breeds could really be. Titan has to be given something to do, or he will make something to do, stealing things that people are using, collecting random things from round the house, harassing my coonhound who would rather be napping on my bed, just go...go...GO! 70lbs of condensed "LET'S DO STUFF!!!"

View Quote

Most Dogs have an energy rheostat.
Mals and Dutchies have a light switch connected to a 800MW Nuclear reactor.

There is no smarter breed.
Those critters on the TV? They will pay for hiding some day, even if the pooch has to hijack a 777 to get to Tanzania.
20 bucks says Titan already has a 5 Paragraph order worked out to that end, and is working on a second option when you think he's sleeping.

Link Posted: 12/27/2014 5:43:41 PM EDT
[#22]

Those critters on the TV? They will pay for hiding some day, even if the pooch has to hijack a 777 to get to Tanzania.

20 bucks says Titan already has a 5 Paragraph order worked out to that end, and is working on a second option when you think he's sleeping.
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By ricomock:

I'm not entirely sure he does that sleeping thing. I'm pretty sure he just spends all night patrolling the house
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 6:12:58 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

My boy started earning his keep last night at 4:10 am.    He's got free roam of our house at night.   He's  almost 11 months old.   He came in and woke me up and when i went into the main room, i was surprised to hear, and then see two vehicles drag racing down the street in my very small U shaped subdivision.  they were doing about 50+ on the snow covered icey streets.   Neither was able to stop at the stop sign at the end of the street, and both ended up out in the middle of the main artery going to the north out of my small town.  

My pup apparently  heard them before they started racing and decided i needed to know they were out there.    Never seen this kind of thing in 16yrs living here.    I didnt recognize either vehicle as being from our subdivision.    

Link Posted: 12/30/2014 11:51:53 AM EDT
[#24]
As she waits patiently to go outside.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 12:36:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Mauser9w9:
11 months old today, she's very trainable and I'm getting ready to start nose work.

http://<a href=http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q679/Mauser9w9/image_zps46def2d7.jpg</a>" />
View Quote

Beautiful girl you have there!
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 9:25:55 PM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 1/2/2015 9:36:31 PM EDT
[#27]
My Mals sister.

New camera.

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 10:29:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Shelby, 9wks old.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:58:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Sunriver, OR
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 9:51:00 AM EDT
[#30]

This is Leta, she's about 8 months old now.  My wife texted me this picture last week when I was out of town.  Leta is not a house dog, but my wife sneaks her in some times.

Link Posted: 2/13/2015 8:58:30 PM EDT
[#31]

A beautiful picture of a beautiful dog
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 4:01:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By CtSmshr:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CtSmshr:

Thanks! I'm trying to get this Nikon figured out. The key is to slow the dog down.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 2:16:03 AM EDT
[#33]
More training today.

From a couple weeks ago.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 11:26:59 PM EDT
[#34]
My 9 month old GSD I adopted a month ago:

Link Posted: 2/17/2015 12:20:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Jday:
My 9 month old GSD I adopted a month ago:
View Quote

Watch out its got the crazy eyes.
Great looking pup!
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 8:18:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 9:34:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Awesome pup Soowah.  My buddy has a dog from the same litter as mine that looks very similar. Mines in the background. What weight?

Link Posted: 2/18/2015 11:59:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Excellent thread.  Love working dogs!  Wish I knew I had the time and energy to devote to one of these hot rod dogs.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:53:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Looking for tips on bringing home a new puppy and introducing him to our female.

We have a 17 month old GSD mix and will soon be getting a 14 week old male GSD mix puppy.

Both dogs have been fixed and neither are animal aggressive.

The little male puppy currently lives with 3 grown dogs and is very affectionate and our female is very tolerant and laid back when socializing with other dogs.

I just want to make sure I introduce them correctly and get them off to a good start.

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:14:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WS4LIF] [#40]
I'd love to meet your Mal Dash; I've been trying to convince the wife on one.

We are in Sunriver all the time too (we have a house there).
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 6:00:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By WS4LIF:
I'd love to meet your Mal Dash; I've been trying to convince the wife on one.

We are in Sunriver all the time too (we have a house there).
View Quote

You bet. Shoot me a PM I'm in Portland. I have a good friend with a sister to mine and a another friend with a pup from the subsequent litter.  I believe the breeder/trainer is going to do one more breeding with the same parents soon.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:17:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CtSmshr] [#42]
Figured since this was my thread I should post some more of the boy AKA Fuck Face! On the lookout for anything in the AO. Deer, turkey, birds, anything that moves really

Snowball fight

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:35:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HermanSnerd] [#43]
We adopted this little guy last weekend.

The rescue group has no idea what he is mixed with, but are fairly certain he has a little bit of Belgian Malinois in him.

He is 13 weeks old and weighs 16 lbs.

He is getting along pretty well with his new big sister who is 17 months old, and she has been very tolerant of him.

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 2:14:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Great looking pup HS. Could've fooled me if you said he was all Maligator.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 3:25:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Great looking pup HS. Could've fooled me if you said he was all Maligator.
View Quote

Thanks a lot Dash.

He could be. Nobody knows.

The rescue lady found him and 4 other pups that were obviously not litter mates in a cardboard box by the side of the road.

There were 2 coyotes circling the box right beside the traffic passing by and that is what made her curious as to what was inside.

The puppies were seconds away from being some 'yotes dinner.

Anybody that could toss a box full of puppies out on the road has no soul.

Anyways, the little guy had a check up today at the vet and is healthy as a horse, free of worms, and has gained another pound in the last 4 days.

And is the most laid back and affectionate little snuggle bear you've ever seen. . . . . . . when he isn't trying to use any exposed skin or appendage as a chew toy!

Damn those little needle teeth hurt!

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 3:54:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Rescued those 'yotes just in time. Im surprised he didn't chew his way out of the box to get after em.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 5:32:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 12:35:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheRealSundance] [#48]

Snowed here today, dog went ape shit nuts when I took him out.  He loves the snow and it makes him fucking crazy.  I wish I could film him while we clear the snow.  He flies through the piles. Very entertaining and funny.

Ipotato photo

And starting to jump up to say hi

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 12:35:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Fresh powder
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 12:53:15 AM EDT
[#50]
What kennel owns these two??
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 21
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top