Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2014 3:09:03 PM EDT
My first experience with my own music in a studio and not having to be the one behind the console. I'm nervous for the first time. I fully understand the nuances of the music and that has my stomach in knots.

I'll post pictures and what not as we go.

Edit: We finished the drum and bass tracks (all but a spot or two, will only take 5 minutes to do). We had someone come in and film us a little bit. I'll share what we have, audio wise, when I get the bounce disk.

Link Posted: 8/9/2014 3:31:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Awesome, hope you get what you are looking for.   What studio are you using?
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 3:33:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Good luck!

Link Posted: 8/9/2014 6:57:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Are they providing the engineer or are you on your own?

Sounds like a cool day.  Enjoy.

Link Posted: 8/10/2014 2:13:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Awesome, hope you get what you are looking for.   What studio are you using?
View Quote

A local joint. Not advertised. Guy cut his teeth on early Prince stuff and worked for a few names up north before coming back here and opening his own place up. He really wants to just teach but the best way he can teach is to get acts in the door.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 2:14:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote

They're providing everything for us that we need. The first day was setting up and discussing what we wanted. Then we knocked out three scratch tracks.

We're going back in today and then next weekend as well.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 7:45:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Good luck!
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 9:46:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Good luck!  Just relax.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 11:42:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

They're providing everything for us that we need. The first day was setting up and discussing what we wanted. Then we knocked out three scratch tracks.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool.  Hope you are having fun and getting what you want down.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 12:31:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Things ran smoothly so far. We've got drums done for twelve songs, bass and guitar for a few, vocals and backup for a few, and keys for a few.

Still have eight more drum tracks to get through, though.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 2:31:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Things ran smoothly so far. We've got drums done for twelve songs, bass and guitar for a few, vocals and backup for a few, and keys for a few.

View Quote

20 tracks?  That's a lot.  

Interesting that you're mixing it up too...most projects seem to want to hammer through all the drums first so they are done before moving on.  Not to mention just easier for everyone's scheduling.

Post any video of the sessions if you got em.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 7:59:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Interesting that you're mixing it up too...most projects seem to want to hammer through all the drums first so they are done before moving on.  Not to mention just easier for everyone's scheduling.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Drummer didn't want to do everything on the first two days so he could give it his all each time.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 4:40:33 PM EDT
[#12]
We finished the drum and bass (all but one part) tracks and are getting a bounce disk to weed out the weak and/or bad stuff. I'll share a few with you chaps.

I'm playing bass and guitar (not recorded yet) and doing vocals on this. I'm not the lead singer but I do have some essential parts.

Studios are my home. That energy is so good for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top