Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2014 10:34:47 PM EDT

Well, I'm sure you all remember my nicotine problem that resulted in me being pissed a bit.

No worries, I got several cigars under my belt and now I can handle it without puking up my lunch or dinner.

I just recently have a Missouri Meerschaum tobacco pipe in my possession and I've been looking for good aromatic tobacco to try out. I have a sweet tooth and a nose for sweet smells.

Would Lane 1-Q be a great option?

Again, I'd prefer to have sweet smells and taste. Thanks.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:36:16 PM EDT
[#1]
1-Q is a great place to start.

Also, if you're going for aroma, see if you can find some Lane BL/WB to blend in with the 1-Q. BL/WB has almost no flavor by itself, but the room note is fantastic.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:10:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:47:22 PM EDT
[#3]
My favorite is Boswell's Berry Cobbler. Sooo good. I also like Boswell's Raspberry Cream, and recently bought and tried some Stanwell Melange. The Stanwell may quickly take over the number 2 spot on my favorite list. I have some Drew Estate that I'm going to try that smells good too, but can't report on it yet.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 11:14:43 AM EDT
[#4]
CAO Black
Pipes and Cigars Vermont Meat Candy
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 5:33:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Lane Black Raspberry, CAO Cherry Bomb, Drew Estate Harvest on Hudson or Heirloom Cherry.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 5:29:31 AM EDT
[#6]
1-Q is a good start and generally easy to find. Be aware though, that many stores will rename it as a house blend. CAO's Moontrance is also quite good.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:46:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok, I'm bumping this thread since it has been a while.

I bought 2oz of Lane 1-Q and smoked it in my Missouri Meerschaum corn cob pipe. (Great value and Supporting the local economy I say! )

The tobacco itself smells like black licorice and I like it. It was not wet or sticky, but it wasn't completely dried out. I put it in the pipe like any pipe smoker would and tried it. Had to relight a couple of times and get a nice little cake in the bottom of it. Had some nice lemon tea with it after eating some lunch.

Main caveat I have with it, it's a very mild flavor and smell. I cannot really tell what it is without wanting to take another huff and puff to find out. I can get a very vague hint of it but it just kinda goes away in a few seconds without being able to tell what it tastes or smells like. (I was outside in very little wind.)

Would I continue to smoke it? Yes.

Would I put it as the best? Not really (Guess I'm leaning towards having a stronger tobacco).

Would I recommend it for a fellow beginner in pipe smoking? Absolutely.
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 11:21:46 AM EDT
[#8]
I recently picked up a can of Haddo's Delight and a can of St George's Blend.

While I'm more of an English fan, love the spice of Latakia, these have been good tobaccos when I want a change of pace and go aromatic.

Another good smoke is Count Pulaski. While it contains Latakia, I've found it to be of an aromatic blend.

Link Posted: 12/24/2014 2:17:24 PM EDT
[#9]
valintino,

Try the tobacco locator at smokingpipes.com

Tobacco Locator

Under family, choose "Aromatic" and under Room Note try "Very Pleasant".

Experiment with different filters for "Taste".
There are a ton of choices. Read the reviews, they generally help me narrow down what I would probably like. Good luck!
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 2:41:50 PM EDT
[#10]
You can also check out http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/

You can browse by top rated or sortETA - filter by flavors, tobacco type, etc.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 2:45:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Solani /thread

Red is my favorite.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:15:08 AM EDT
[#12]
I like Dover Court from Davids Briar Shoppe...Mellow and it smells great the wife doesn't even complain..
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:53:57 AM EDT
[#13]
check with boswells.

they have an aromatic sampler for around $24 that is great.  They even threw in a sample of their english blend.

Boswells best & christmas cookie were damn tasty & the christmas cookie smells absolutely amazing. The spouse loved it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 9:33:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
check with boswells.

they have an aromatic sampler for around $24 that is great.  They even threw in a sample of their english blend.

Boswells best & christmas cookie were damn tasty & the christmas cookie smells absolutely amazing. The spouse loved it.
View Quote

Boswell's is a kick ass store (well worth the 2.5 hour drive for me) and all of the tobacco's that I've tried have been amazing- especially Christmas Cookie.  

I'd also like to recommend a few other Aro's I like, you'd have to order from the company's though.  

Hobbit's Weed (Tewksbury & Co.)
Shortcut to Mushrooms (Just for Him) - this one is an English Aro similar to Frog Morton Cellar, but it's damn tasty and one of the first tobacco's I got real flavor from
Independence (Cigars International) This was out Pipe Guild's Blend of the month for July and one of my favorites
509 (Nat Sherman Tin)

Could probably list a few more, but these are my current go-to Aro's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top