Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2014 10:08:37 PM EDT
By far the very best cigars I have ever had.
Flavor intense, even slow burn, affordable, good customer service and...Masonic.
All around a crowd pleaser. I would highly recommend this cigar.
I will put up a picture, and more information as well as a link to the site when I get done smoking mine right now.

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 11:01:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 12:20:45 AM EDT
[#2]
All,
I must admit I am still a novice at the deciphering of flavors and the ability for a credible review of the cigar is outside my capabilities at the moment. However, a Brother of mine has written a credible review on this cigar and in the morning when I get to work I will find it and post it for all of you to enjoy.
What I can offer you right now, are a few pictures of the detail put into creating and marketing "The Widows Son".

Also, I attached links to the business cards (old and new) that came when I placed my order.
Bear with me, hopefully come morning, I am able to locate the review to make this thread complete. If there is anything that I have not included that you would like to know, feel free to drop me an IM and time allowing I will try to assist as best I can.

(Notice to the immediate left of  Armistead's head a faint impression of the Square and Compass)...this attention to detail of the maker is seen throughout the smoking experience.

Business Card 1 (Front, artistic)

Business Card 1 (Back, artistic)

Business Card 2 (Front, recent)
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 10:46:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Brothers and Friends I have finally found the review of such an excellent cigar

The Widows Son Cigar Review
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 6:22:18 PM EDT
[#4]
This place cost me too much money.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 6:24:57 PM EDT
[#5]
lol.
A good cigar...if bought in bundle is approx $5.75 a stick...not bad at all.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:11:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Is their shipping usually slow?
I placed an order on 8/20, got a receipt, but no tracking info other than USPS Parcel and haven't seen anything yet......

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 2:19:40 AM EDT
[#7]
The first time I ordered it took 4 days to  receive my purchase. The next order took 1.5 weeks even though I paid (and was reimbursed) for 3-day shipping. I had placed the order when a Cigar expo was going on in Vegas and  more cigars were en route. I was not happy about it, but 1) reimbursed for delivery and 2) I really like the cigar more than any others I've tried (and I've tried quite a few. I will be placing another order for a bundle and if the shipping is a problem again I will be disappointed. Have you received your order yet? How long did it take and why did they say it took so long?
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 2:05:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I finally got through on the phone this afternoon. I was told that their shipment was delayed and should be in today or tomorrow. The girl said that "everyone" is ordering these.
She did apologize for the delay and said they would refund the shipping cost.

Sounds like they have more orders than they expected.

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 6:06:51 PM EDT
[#9]
The mail lady knocked on the door today and had me sign for a package. (Good thing I had the day off)
I didn't remember ordering anything recently so I ripped into it and found a bundle of 20 cigars. (I originally ordered a box)

They were all a dark, chocolate, color with some variations and slightly spongy when squeezed. I found a nice comfy spot for them in the coolerdor and tucked them away for a nap.
Later this afternoon I headed to the porch for an afternoon smoke and I heard one calling my name. I usually like to let any new smokes rest for a week or two, but I just couldn't resist trying one today.

The draw was pretty light and the pre-light draw reminded me of Redman chewing tobacco. It wasn't bad, that was just the first thought that popped into my head.

I've only been smoking cigars for about a year now so I don't have the refined palate that others may have. I've never been able to detect all of the nuances that I read about a cigar and I couldn't tell you the difference between white & black pepper taste or oak and leather, so consider my review accordingly.

As I write this I'm at about the half way mark and so far this smoke has been VERY good. I want to call it mild, but I think smooth and creamy is probably a better description. For lack of a better term, it has a pleasant slight "twang" that I feel/taste on the sides of my tongue. The retrohale (something I never do) seems to increase the creaminess of the smoke and is something that I will start doing with this cigar.

The ash was even and holding on strong until I flicked it off after about and inch and a half. The outer 1/3 of the ash came off, but the inner 2/3 did not. I've noticed it do this several times like the inner 2/3 is not burning at the same rate as the outer. I had to re-light it once, so far, and dress up a little bit of an overhang, but it burns fairly evenly for the most part.

I just started into the last third at the hour and fifteen minute mark and the flavor has been consistent up to this point. There is a slight change in the profile, but it's not enough for me to accurately describe. (Maybe slightly "nutty" on the retrohale.)

I'll stop here and get back to smoking this thing to the point that I burn my fingers trying to hold on to it.

Summary:
This is a very good smoke that is smooth and creamy from start to finish.
I'll be placing another order soon!

ETA: I finally burned my lips (I used an alligator clip to hold it) right on the 2 hour mark.

Link Posted: 9/12/2014 9:26:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Sounds like a blend of flavors I would enjoy, is it smooth enough for a new smoker in your opinion?
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 9:40:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sounds like a blend of flavors I would enjoy, is it smooth enough for a new smoker in your opinion?
View Quote

I'm a fairly new smoker, but I also tend to like medium to full bodied cigars so ymmv.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top