Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2014 11:29:23 PM EDT
I've come across a sale on nub cigars. I enjoy the maduros, full flavor. Being a 13er and a novice smoker, I need some advice.  Should I leave them in the aluminum tube or take them out for the humidor? Your experience would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 10:16:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've come across a sale on nub cigars. I enjoy the maduros, full flavor. Being a 13er and a novice smoker, I need some advice.  Should I leave them in the aluminum tube or take them out for the humidor? Your experience would be greatly appreciated.
View Quote

Metal does not bode well for air and humidity transfer. In this case I would take it out of the tube if you are storing it in a humidor. You can leave the plastic on if it has it. Some say on others say off. I personally like to show mine off so I take the plastic off.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 11:43:44 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Metal does not bode well for air and humidity transfer. In this case I would take it out of the tube if you are storing it in a humidor. You can leave the plastic on if it has it. Some say on others say off. I personally like to show mine off so I take the plastic off.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Quoted:

This is actually a good thing. It means the RH inside the tube will change much slower than outside if your humidor undergoes any drastic changes.

Leave it in the tube for better long term aging. Same principle behind leaving a box wrapped in the shrink wrap if you aren't going to smoke them for a few years. Slower release of any gasses and slower rh shifts makes for good aging.

Edit: I just smoked a Tat Black Tubo a week or two back that had never been opened even to look at the cigar. It was amazing. (They were released in late 2009).

Link Posted: 6/27/2014 12:20:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 12:04:30 PM EDT
[#4]
And here i've been taking them out of their wrappers for long term storage. whoops.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 6:10:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for your knowledge!!!
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 12:35:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 1:11:31 AM EDT
[#7]
the only time i have had mold was in a tube so i take them out
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 7:42:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Sam Leccia is a friend of mine, served in the Navy together. I refuse to smoke or buy Oliva products after they screwed him for a year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top