Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2016 10:38:19 PM EDT
Was searching through the dvd collection for something to watch, while still a noob here I've stumbled across a few of the "movie recommends" threads and all seemed good in the world.  Until tonight that is, wanted to watch something with some humor and some good old action.  First thought was Grosse Point Blank but that's a little on the cheesy side; then low and behold hidden on my bottom row was From Paris With Love.  Have most of you seen this Travolta flick and just not like it?  I would think "Charlie Wax" would essentially be a fantasy role-model around here.  If you haven't seen the film I recommend it; it does take a little bit to get going but once Wax enters the movie its a roller coaster of action and one-liners.  Never saw any trailer's for this film, but rented it from Redbox and knew it had to join the collection when it came out years ago.  Has this little gem gone unnoticed here or do I stand alone in thinking this a worthy addition to our typical recommends?
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 5:30:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I have it on DVD and I love it, though after having seen it a few times now every time I hear the other character say "Caroline" it's like fingernails down a chalkboard for some reason.

Great flick though. Travolta's character is over the top.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 12:45:01 PM EDT
[#2]
As soon as I saw it I figured out it was a Luc Besson film.  He writes good action.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top