Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Tacked Show us your bike(s) (Page 90 of 126)
Page / 126
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 5:18:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bradders:

What is it then?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Smashy:

Nice, but I have asoslutely no idea what it's like to ride a Harley

Neither do I. I've never ridden one.

What is it then?

Give you a hint, it's on the back of the seat in the last picture.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 5:31:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 5:36:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bradders] [#3]
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 8:38:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Not sure I would either
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 10:27:08 AM EDT
[#5]
A keeper
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 11:37:54 AM EDT
[#6]

What is it then?
View All Quotes

What is it then?

Sorry, I thought you were just making a joke, so I did too.  

It's a '97 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100.

Link Posted: 8/7/2015 5:03:12 PM EDT
[#7]

What is it then?
View All Quotes

What is it then?

..... A Girl's bike.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 5:15:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By TheOtherDave:

..... A Girl's bike.
View All Quotes
What is it then?

..... A Girl's bike.

Link Posted: 8/8/2015 12:02:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Took this picture for the motorcycle scavenger hunt, it's not the pipe side of the bike but I absolutely love the picture anyway
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 12:53:05 PM EDT
[#10]

..... A Girl's bike.
View All Quotes

What is it then?

..... A Girl's bike.

Totally unnecessary comment, but whatever makes you feel better about yourself...

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 4:11:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By RevMetric:

Totally unnecessary comment, but whatever makes you feel better about yourself...

View Quote

Oh don't get yer panties in a wad-I'm just porch racing. I spend more time riding my GF's little Honda Grom than I do my GSXR1000 lately.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 6:13:06 PM EDT
[#12]

Oh don't get yer panties in a wad-I'm just porch racing. I spend more time riding my GF's little Honda Grom than I do my GSXR1000 lately.
View All Quotes

Ok... if you actually admit to riding your GF's Grom, then I can see you have some level of humility.  

I apologize for calling you out on your post.

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 7:02:08 PM EDT
[#13]

Ok... if you actually admit to riding your GF's Grom, then I can see you have some level of humility.  

View All Quotes

Well, he should have to post a Grom pic.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 10:14:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By skinny79:

Well, he should have to post a Grom  GF pic.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By skinny79:

Well, he should have to post a Grom  GF pic.

FIFY
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 5:13:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Smashy] [#15]

View All Quotes

Well since you like it so much, here's another one just for you.  

Link Posted: 8/12/2015 9:43:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Got the Andreani cartridge kit installed:

Öhlins shock:

Just noticed this "Born Free -1962-" on the gas cap (same year I was born "free"):

Gratuitous pics of the bikes:

Need to fo test out the new suspension...

-k
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 3:27:39 PM EDT
[#17]

Finally!!  
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 4:13:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 9:40:31 PM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

Ok... time for me to man-up.  I had an experience today that forces me to revisit this post.  I rode a Grom on a mini-moto course today and I had more fun than I've had in a long time.  I was kinda-sorta making fun of you for riding your GF's Grom, but now I get it.  I had a blast.

Link Posted: 8/18/2015 12:19:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 12:56:21 PM EDT
[#21]
<a href="http://s818.photobucket.com/user/Mbradders/media/29586CAB-F984-4AAC-88EE-C67694A23924_zpshfxmseup.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz105/Mbradders/29586CAB-F984-4AAC-88EE-C67694A23924_zpshfxmseup.jpg</a>
View Quote

Great photo op!

Link Posted: 8/18/2015 2:34:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Speedy, The Tiger and the XX. You can also just see the wife units Ninja 650 photo bombing in the background.

Just got back from a week in CO on the Tiger:

Down on power to the blackbird but I was a lot more comfy.

We got rained on coming down Pikes and rained and sleeted on coming down Evans.

PIkes Peak

Some pass that I can't remember the name of.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 3:13:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Pikes Peak Highway is a blast huh?  You should try it when it's dry ;)
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 3:22:44 PM EDT
[#24]
It was dry on the way up. Views were fantastic until we got to the top and it was foggy. Otherwise the speed limit is 25mph I think. It was in the low 100s when I left home. Mid to upper 30s on top of the mountains.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 5:26:09 PM EDT
[#25]
yeah... I got pulled over twice by rangers on my last trip up there.  My KTM doesn't know what 25mph is :)
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 6:37:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheOtherDave] [#26]

Ok... time for me to man-up.  I had an experience today that forces me to revisit this post.  I rode a Grom on a mini-moto course today and I had more fun than I've had in a long time.  I was kinda-sorta making fun of you for riding your GF's Grom, but now I get it.  I had a blast.

View All Quotes

It's the perfect little warm weather summer bike, and she loves riding it. I bought her an '88 Honda Hawk. She's a short-arse so even a Hawk is a bit of stretch for her little legs, but the Grom she rides the wheels off of. With the hawk it was getting to be one of those things where I was dreading asking her to ride around town because she never felt on top of her game. The GROM is a bike she rides when I am not around. She can't ride it right now as she's recovering from a shoulder surgery, so I have the unbearable task of ripping around our little lake community with it for the rest of the summer. I took pics of her on her GROM but I can't figure how to cut and past the URL from Photobucket... They REALLY want you to use their app..

I met a new rider one day recently and have been hanging out with him. He's got an FZ-09 and I took him down our local twisty road with me leading on the GROM.... Me and its little 9hp engine smoked him.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 4:30:11 PM EDT
[#27]
picked this 1991 Suzuki GS500 from a buddy about 3 weeks ago.  He laid it down and it's been sitting, broken and non-running for about 4 years now.  Now it's back on the road... runs great (sounds really nice too).  Just a couple hundred in parts and a lot of my time.

Link Posted: 8/19/2015 4:35:56 PM EDT
[#28]

It's the perfect little warm weather summer bike, and she loves riding it. I bought her an '88 Honda Hawk. She's a short-arse so even a Hawk is a bit of stretch for her little legs, but the Grom she rides the wheels off of. With the hawk it was getting to be one of those things where I was dreading asking her to ride around town because she never felt on top of her game. The GROM is a bike she rides when I am not around. She can't ride it right now as she's recovering from a shoulder surgery, so I have the unbearable task of ripping around our little lake community with it for the rest of the summer. I took pics of her on her GROM but I can't figure how to cut and past the URL from Photobucket... They REALLY want you to use their app..

I met a new rider one day recently and have been hanging out with him. He's got an FZ-09 and I took him down our local twisty road with me leading on the GROM.... Me and its little 9hp engine smoked him.
View All Quotes

Do you wear gloves?

Link Posted: 8/20/2015 12:01:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 10:52:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mjohn3006] [#30]
Just picked her up. I need to do some mods. Probably have to change the seat. Ordered a small windshield and sissy bar so my wife can ride more comfortably. Bit of a shame cause it looks freaking awesome like it is.

2007 Honda VTX1300C

Link Posted: 8/20/2015 2:23:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Could have sworn I updated with a pic...don't see one so I'll post it up.

2014 Kawi Versys bought new last month...0 miles from a dealer south of me.
I have 1500 miles so far and what a kick it is to ride. Very sporty but comfortable. Have bags on order so I can run away from home soon...
Just installed SW Motech crash guards.

Link Posted: 8/21/2015 8:07:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By RDTCU:

Do you wear gloves?
https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/11892203_10153408716296558_2447143018420070429_n.jpg?oh=5cd19e7be558407012dc81a48b1392fd&oe=5646AD3C

Mud turn at Deals Gap.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 12:13:33 PM EDT
[#33]
2007 Honda XR650L by Doug Hansen, on Flickr

New-to-me 2007 Honda XR650L.  This is my first larger single, it's fun.

Link Posted: 8/22/2015 10:37:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 8:59:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Hanz:
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/xmqD6M" target="_blank">https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5784/20578197219_80fb7a0543_b.jpg</a>2007 Honda XR650L by Doug Hansen, on Flickr

View Quote

I have always had a thing for that bike.  Never owned one but like it.

Patrick
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 5:23:10 AM EDT
[#36]

Originally Posted By patsue:

Patrick
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By patsue:

Originally Posted By Hanz:

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/xmqD6M" target="_blank">https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5784/20578197219_80fb7a0543_b.jpg</a>2007 Honda XR650L by Doug Hansen, on Flickr

Patrick
It was explained to me by the parts guy at the dealership that the model is virtually unchanged from year to year. He walked me over to the 2015 on the showroom floor and aside from different colors and graphics it's the same bike. That said a lot to me. I like it so much I may get a spare and I haven't had it off road yet!

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:18:03 PM EDT
[#37]
I swapped out the mirrors and screen on my FZ1 to CRG bar ends and a copperdawg speedscreen, really like how it looks, and the reduced wind buffeting is great. What do you think?

Before

After
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:13:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Harley 48
This year they improved the brakes, beefier front forks, and also
Improved rear suspension.

-
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:24:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By KNIGHTENFORCER:
Harley 48
This year they improved the brakes, beefier front forks, and also
Improved rear suspension.

<a href="http://s36.photobucket.com/user/knightenforcer/media/Harley%2048/image.jpg11_zpsn4jwjz3v.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e8/knightenforcer/Harley%2048/image.jpg11_zpsn4jwjz3v.jpg</a>
-
<a href="http://s36.photobucket.com/user/knightenforcer/media/Harley%2048/image.jpg15_zpsugjyeq6r.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e8/knightenforcer/Harley%2048/image.jpg15_zpsugjyeq6r.jpg</a>
View Quote

Nice, I've always loved how those 48s looked.

Out of the new stuff for 2016, I've discovered that I'm infatuated with the black gold flake.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:54:54 PM EDT
[#40]

Tuned '14 Viper. Very fast car. Very cool owner. Nce enough to pull over and let me take pics after I asked at a light. Young enlisted guy.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 2:52:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Sold the KLR and bought a 2012 FLD Switchback.
" />
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 3:45:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: patsue] [#42]
Took a week of vacation last week to visit a childhood friend in Iowa.  I decided to do the trip on my 09 883L.  1,600 mile round trip from east central Ohio.  Did the trip there in one day.  This was at mile 400 on the way back.  Riding a sportster that far is a wonderful cleansing experience.  Had a great time.

Pic of the load out at same location

Link Posted: 9/13/2015 3:32:32 AM EDT
[#43]
New bike

Link Posted: 9/13/2015 8:49:51 AM EDT
[#44]
They did a really good job on the R3, pretty much read that the shock is the only thing on the bike that isn't perfect. Might be something to do with sending 200+lb riders to test it rather than the 150lb kids the bike is intended for.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 2:15:47 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm really happy with it so far, I'm very comfortable on it (5'11" 160lbs) and honestly the only thing I want to change right away is getting a fender eliminator.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 6:31:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By jDrexler:
I'm really happy with it so far, I'm very comfortable on it (5'11" 160lbs) and honestly the only thing I want to change right away is getting a fender eliminator.
View Quote

LoL, ride it faster. You won't think about the fender eliminator.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:43:56 PM EDT
[#47]
2016 BMW S1000XR

15 miles on it.

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 10:03:01 PM EDT
[#48]

With the old wheels but this was at bike week, can't wait to go back

Link Posted: 9/15/2015 7:16:21 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By 10mm_:
<a href="http://s27.photobucket.com/user/91nx2k/media/Mobile%20Uploads/47E33944-8C2C-4FA3-8212-3D08B8D97688_zpszbrrudld.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c197/91nx2k/Mobile%20Uploads/47E33944-8C2C-4FA3-8212-3D08B8D97688_zpszbrrudld.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s27.photobucket.com/user/91nx2k/media/Mobile%20Uploads/24B44865-F750-42D8-A8E2-B9DE1A625932_zpsx0snqaz3.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c197/91nx2k/Mobile%20Uploads/24B44865-F750-42D8-A8E2-B9DE1A625932_zpsx0snqaz3.jpg</a>
View Quote

So how many lives have you saved so far?
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 10:05:18 AM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

Originally Posted By 10mm_:

<a href="http://s27.photobucket.com/user/91nx2k/media/Mobile%20Uploads/47E33944-8C2C-4FA3-8212-3D08B8D97688_zpszbrrudld.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c197/91nx2k/Mobile%20Uploads/47E33944-8C2C-4FA3-8212-3D08B8D97688_zpszbrrudld.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s27.photobucket.com/user/91nx2k/media/Mobile%20Uploads/24B44865-F750-42D8-A8E2-B9DE1A625932_zpsx0snqaz3.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c197/91nx2k/Mobile%20Uploads/24B44865-F750-42D8-A8E2-B9DE1A625932_zpsx0snqaz3.jpg</a>

LOL at least 1! I've kept the rubber side down so far

You should hear it with the removable baffle out
Page / 126
Tacked Show us your bike(s) (Page 90 of 126)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top